Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,835 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:16 AM

Lasu Law Rated Best In Africa,7th In The World - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Lasu Law Rated Best In Africa,7th In The World (3120 Views)

UNILORIN Law Faculty Rated Best In Nigeria / LASU Law Rated Best In Africa / Biggest Blow Hit Lasu As Nuc Disacredit Lasu Law,accounting And 8 Others;lag Asembly Summon Vc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lasu Law Rated Best In Africa,7th In The World by luvola(m): 1:42pm On Dec 08, 2011
source -
Re: Lasu Law Rated Best In Africa,7th In The World by luvola(m): 2:14pm On Dec 08, 2011
Despite the fee crisis rocking
the Lagos State University
(LASU), its students are still
among the best in the world.
Some of its law students
displayed skill and dexterity at
the Foreign Direct Investment
International Arbitration Moot
Court Competition. They
emerged the best from Africa.
The competition, organised
by the Centre for International
Legal Studies, was held
between November 4 and 6
at the Kings College, London.
LASU representatives were
Prof Olusegun Yerokun, Dean;
Dr. Gbadebo Olagunju,
lecturer, Department of
International Law and
Jurisprudence. The counsel,
both 500-Level students, were
ChineduGeoffrey Ihenetu and
Daniel Ogunbote.
Institutions in attendance
included University of
Barcelona, Universite Paris, I
Pantheon Sorbonne,
Universidad de Granada, Uni
Curitiba, Suffolk Silesia,
Russian Academy of Justice,
Pepperdine University, Paris
Dauphine, NUJS, Novosibirsk,
Novi Sad, Northumbria
University, New York
University, Mykolas Romeris,
Minas Gerais, Mgimo, Masaryk,
Kyiv University, Kings College,
Kaplan, City University, Hong
Kong, Houston University,
Charles University, Gujarat
University, University of
Belgrade, Georgetown
University, Buenos Aires
University, Belarusian
University, Boston University
and Ankara University.
The build-up to the oral finals
included a written submission
by morethan 200 universities
across the world. LASU was
among the 36 invited for the
finals. The LASU team
competed against teams from
Pepperdine University (US),
Russian Academy of Justice
(Russia), Buenos Aires
University (Argentina) and
Gujarat University (India).
Though the team lost at
Round 16, just before the
quarter finals, LASULAWS was
crowned "The Best Team in
Africa" and "14th" in the
world. The counsel made the
university, Nigeria and Africa
proud by beating their
American, Asian and
European counterparts. Kings
College, London won the
competition.
The founder of the
competition, Prof Martin
Hunter, whose book on
International Investment
Arbitration is widely regarded
in Europe as the "Bible" of
this unique area of law,
praised the LASU students.
Remarkably, in the World
Student Arbitrator Rankings,
Geoffrey was listed 41st and
Daniel, 78th out of 107
students.
Geoffreytold CAMPUSLIFE that
he was happy to fly the
Nigerian flag. He called for
more funding of such
competitions.
"Weare calling on the
government, organisations
and individuals to put more
into competitions like this so
as to help wake law students
from slumber and propel
them to legal research".
Home News Columnists
Sports Politics Business
Editorial Law Arts Health
Education Society Saturday
Magazine Sunday Magazine
News Update
Re: Lasu Law Rated Best In Africa,7th In The World by luvola(m): 3:18pm On Dec 08, 2011
lasu law was rank 1st in africa, 14th in the world and not 7th. the sch also bag the best law faculty for the year 2011 in the nig law sch award.mod move to the front page.some dudes wnt see this now and after they will be chanting that state universities students are not serious.

1 Like

Re: Lasu Law Rated Best In Africa,7th In The World by s1(m): 6:58pm On Dec 08, 2011
This is a good news
Re: Lasu Law Rated Best In Africa,7th In The World by Nobody: 7:26pm On Dec 08, 2011
i wonder why any dimwit should downgrade LASU when we produce really brilliant minds unlike sm schools acting like a spoilt child depending on their father's OLD GLORY.this shows the intellectual calibre of students in LASU.KEEP IT UP LASUITES.
Re: Lasu Law Rated Best In Africa,7th In The World by luvola(m): 7:57pm On Dec 08, 2011
mod move this to the front page. lasuite knw they carry last.
Re: Lasu Law Rated Best In Africa,7th In The World by AVB: 12:04am On Dec 09, 2011
If lasu is so gud can sum1 explain y dey ve neva bin to Zain African Chalenge?? Miss luvola u mus be a veri creative writer dis is som made up piece of trash wer is d link i dont believe anytin here my mum attends lasu so i noe so much abt ur skul nd u cant lie to me lasu is a bad skul wer corruption reigns supreme i can say dis anywere stop tryin to compensate ursf for d psychological trauma u re passin thru by attendin a crappy skul lik lasu
Re: Lasu Law Rated Best In Africa,7th In The World by AVB: 12:05am On Dec 09, 2011
If lasu is so gud can sum1 explain y dey ve neva bin to Zain African Chalenge?? Miss luvola u mus be a veri creative writer dis is som made up piece of trash wer is d link i dont believe anytin here my mum attends lasu so i noe so much abt ur skul nd u cant lie to me lasu is a bad skul wer corruption reigns supreme i can say dis anywere stop tryin to compensate ursf for d psychological trauma u re passin thru by attendin a crappy skul lik lasu
Re: Lasu Law Rated Best In Africa,7th In The World by Nobody: 1:51pm On Dec 09, 2011
AVB:

If lasu is so gud can sum1 explain y dey ve neva bin to Zain African Chalenge?? Miss luvola u mus be a veri creative writer dis is som made up piece of trash wer is d link i dont believe anytin here my mum attends lasu so i noe so much abt your skul nd u cant lie to me lasu is a bad skul wer corruption reigns supreme i can say dis anywere stop tryin to compensate ursf for d psychological trauma u re passin thru by attendin a crappy skul lik lasu
mr AVB to explain to u zain africa challenge is meant for only fed.uni to participate secondly u dont tell me corruption isnt in any Nigerian university as far as It has ties with nigeria its corrupt and thirdly i search for the authenticity of this post and alas it was genuine.oh lastly though lasu f.up smtimes i just want u to know like u said referring ur mom ,students that complain bout the school have the worst c.g.p.a u cant imagine.no ofens.so AVB put up ur pants ur showing ur ass.
Re: Lasu Law Rated Best In Africa,7th In The World by faithedu(m): 2:02pm On Dec 09, 2011
jaythank, nice reply, i love that,
Re: Lasu Law Rated Best In Africa,7th In The World by AVB: 3:48pm On Dec 09, 2011
@jayhanks u funny die i am a diehard or ardent fan of zain african challenge so dont tell me shit evn private unis ,state unis nd fedral unis participate .an exam wud be done nd at d end d best four unis ar chosen to represent nigeria d firstedition was won by UI wen dey defeated Jomo Kenyatta Univ of Kenya while Unilag lost to UI in d semis nd had to settle for 3rd place buh d 2nd year dey dint qualify frm naija bowen,Cu,lasu ,lautech nd 50 oda 9ja unis participated onli 4 wer selected in d 2nd edition year 2010 nd onli Univ of maiduguri made it to d last 8 so stop sayin crap nd if u ve verified d authencity post d link hw many minutes wud it take u?? My mum did her masters at Lasu so hw wud sumone wit a low cgpa be able to do her mastas?? For ur info she graduated wit a 2nd class upper so tink b 4 ranting.
Re: Lasu Law Rated Best In Africa,7th In The World by luvola(m): 5:49pm On Dec 09, 2011
for those of u doubting d above assertion ,check thenations news online. search -lasu is africa's best
Re: Lasu Law Rated Best In Africa,7th In The World by luvola(m): 11:04pm On Dec 09, 2011
Re: Lasu Law Rated Best In Africa,7th In The World by Damilolly(f): 5:00pm On Jul 26, 2014
Yay! Greatest Lasuites!
Oh! The link doesn't work! sad
Re: Lasu Law Rated Best In Africa,7th In The World by Ayobami7(m): 4:45pm On May 11, 2018
Iro
Re: Lasu Law Rated Best In Africa,7th In The World by fabulous986: 5:28pm On May 11, 2018
This is a great new... cool

More of it.

(1) (Reply)

College Of Tourism In Antalya, Turkey. / Project Topics Related To Graphics Design / Top 10 Habit Students Are Guilty Of

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.