Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,487 members, 7,808,788 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:55 PM

Fuel Scarcity To Be Experienced Across The Country By Next Week. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fuel Scarcity To Be Experienced Across The Country By Next Week. (5453 Views)

Fuel Scarcity To Continue Till February 2016 - The Sun / Fuel Scarcity To End Soon, Says NUPENG / Fuel Scarcity To Continue As Importers Run Out Of Bank Credit!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fuel Scarcity To Be Experienced Across The Country By Next Week. by Abagworo(m): 3:32pm On Dec 08, 2011
http://allafrica.com/stories/201112081040.html

Sorry sorry o! Sorry for Nigeria, Femi Kuti.

Very reliable source has revealed that FG is no more paying subsidy hence the refusal to place orders by major importers of petroleum products. Consequently rationing of the available products will result in a shocking scarcity to hit the nation from Friday 9th of December 2011.
Re: Fuel Scarcity To Be Experienced Across The Country By Next Week. by efisher(m): 4:16pm On Dec 08, 2011
Marketers will want to make a killing by selling subsidized stock at the new price. Some may have even stored millions of litres in underground tanks waiting for January. They will definitely hoard d product.
Re: Fuel Scarcity To Be Experienced Across The Country By Next Week. by otokx(m): 8:32pm On Dec 08, 2011
Got an sms too here in Port Harcourt to that effect, would fill up my jerry cans by tomorrow latest.
Re: Fuel Scarcity To Be Experienced Across The Country By Next Week. by Kobojunkie: 8:43pm On Dec 08, 2011
January 2012 is around the corner oo(na then dem say dem go remove subsidy, abi?) grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Fuel Scarcity To Be Experienced Across The Country By Next Week. by dplordx(m): 9:04am On Dec 09, 2011
Best Christmas Gift Ever from a Retardo Presido to his folo followers. grin
Merry Fkn Xmas Y'all. Enjoy your shitty air.
Re: Fuel Scarcity To Be Experienced Across The Country By Next Week. by ritux: 9:05am On Dec 09, 2011
otokx:

Got an sms too here in Port Harcourt to that effect, would fill up my jerry cans by tomorrow latest.

very soon we will begin to see houses going up in flames because we want to also hoard petrol at home like the filling station owners hoarding underground. sad sad sad

dont set your own house on fire. xmas is around the corner
Re: Fuel Scarcity To Be Experienced Across The Country By Next Week. by Kx: 9:08am On Dec 09, 2011
What a democratic xmas gift from the leaders of one of the world's highest oil producer!
Re: Fuel Scarcity To Be Experienced Across The Country By Next Week. by madjune(m): 9:13am On Dec 09, 2011
This country keeps going on in circles. Sometimes i wonder, wasn't Abacha's era the best we ever had? I'm not justifying political killings here. Now, i wish i can just have an eye view of where GEJ sleeps and aim a shot at him. This jonathan needs to be taken out. Pronto.
Re: Fuel Scarcity To Be Experienced Across The Country By Next Week. by JUO(m): 9:24am On Dec 09, 2011
Lord have mercy
Re: Fuel Scarcity To Be Experienced Across The Country By Next Week. by Hoodrat(m): 9:39am On Dec 09, 2011
Silly president, Fix the electricity problem and that murry toilet muhamed bus port or werrin una call am. Nigeria should rise up in arms and stop these old fools they are upto no good.
Re: Fuel Scarcity To Be Experienced Across The Country By Next Week. by conquerorb: 9:47am On Dec 09, 2011
the bible has prohecied this will happen(things happening wit men not knowing the way out etc) we can only keep praying for Gods kingdom to come and bring relife to mankind. we are all retired od man,s domination over his fellow man, simply tried.!
Re: Fuel Scarcity To Be Experienced Across The Country By Next Week. by otokx(m): 9:55am On Dec 09, 2011
^^^ which bible prophesied? That is how we give room for mediocrity; so bible now said we in Nigeria should suffer fuel scarcity while all our neighbors around have it good.
Re: Fuel Scarcity To Be Experienced Across The Country By Next Week. by otokx(m): 9:56am On Dec 09, 2011
It was eedris abdulkarim that sang Nigeria jaga jaga, one part of the song says fuel scarcity na popular action film for Nigeria.
Re: Fuel Scarcity To Be Experienced Across The Country By Next Week. by otokx(m): 10:00am On Dec 09, 2011
ritux:

very soon we will begin to see houses going up in flames because we want to also hoard petrol at home like the filling station owners hoarding underground. sad sad sad

dont set your own house on fire. xmas is around the corner

The petrol being bought is not for hoarding but for the generators used to supply electricity to the house and the vehicles. No electricity in the last 2 days in Port Harcourt.
Re: Fuel Scarcity To Be Experienced Across The Country By Next Week. by brainpulse: 10:07am On Dec 09, 2011
^^^ same in most part of lagos, no electricity and the dumb beaf uncle Jonatin says Power as increased, i belief in his toilet.
This is what he wanted for those that voted for him not PDP. suffering to those that are still managing, what of those that are still suffering nko?If i can just treck out of this country
Re: Fuel Scarcity To Be Experienced Across The Country By Next Week. by Nobody: 10:09am On Dec 09, 2011
[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Fuel Scarcity To Be Experienced Across The Country By Next Week. by Nobody: 10:12am On Dec 09, 2011
[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Fuel Scarcity To Be Experienced Across The Country By Next Week. by olaezebala: 10:18am On Dec 09, 2011
i better turn all my water tanks to petrol thank ASAP. call me for black market supply on this number 08012345678
Re: Fuel Scarcity To Be Experienced Across The Country By Next Week. by Nobody: 10:25am On Dec 09, 2011
Pls o o, while storing petrol in ur homes or whreva, BE EXTRA CAREFUL! Otherwise, u'll wake up one day jst 2 find out dat u're in d other syd of d world, whr u'll either be enjoyin(in heaven) or in d worst place 2 be(hell) no remedy~~[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Fuel Scarcity To Be Experienced Across The Country By Next Week. by BIGERBOY1: 10:26am On Dec 09, 2011
And let the subsidy conspiracy begin!

Like some one said to those that voted GEJ not PDP, u can also buy the petrol and not the price when it gets to 100+ naira. Olori burukus.
Re: Fuel Scarcity To Be Experienced Across The Country By Next Week. by Yeske2(m): 10:30am On Dec 09, 2011
God help us all this coming year, i sense trouble
Re: Fuel Scarcity To Be Experienced Across The Country By Next Week. by ogasir2011: 10:31am On Dec 09, 2011
I don't see how removal of fuel subsidy can lead to scarcity, removal of fuel subsidy is not synonymous wit scarcity ,it will only lead to price increase.

Since the importers will not get subsidy for the importation of Petrol, they transfer the burden to the consumer which is an increase in price.

Inasmuch as i don't support  Fuel subsidy at this time cos of lack of the appropriate  structures on ground, we should avoid rumors that will lead to panic

purchase which will in turn soar prices above market forces (demand and supply) prices.
Re: Fuel Scarcity To Be Experienced Across The Country By Next Week. by Nobody: 10:36am On Dec 09, 2011
What pains me with this thread is procrastination on my part. I bargained to fill my jerry cans since last week but filled only one. Inspite of all the reminders I set on my phone, I waited till today.

On citing this thread, I now had to rush out to fill them at N70 per litre yet on calculating the amount displayed on the metre, I had purchased at N85 per litre.  

My only consolation is dat my fuel tank was filled at the normal rate of N65 in an NNPC retail centre
Re: Fuel Scarcity To Be Experienced Across The Country By Next Week. by brainpulse: 10:39am On Dec 09, 2011
ogasir2011:

I don't see how removal of fuel subsidy can lead to scarcity, removal of fuel subsidy is not synonymous wit scarcity ,it will only lead to price increase.

Since the importers will not get subsidy for the importation of Petrol, they transfer the burden to the consumer which is an increase in price.

Inasmuch as i don't support  Fuel subsidy at this time cos of lack of the appropriate  structures on ground, we should avoid rumors that will lead to panic

purchase which will in turn soar prices above market forces (demand and supply) prices.

I believe you don't have roof in your secondary school or all your teachers were all on sabbatical leave for the period of 6 years you spent there.

Since the petrol station dealers  knows that once subsidy is removed, the marketers will sell at any amount. then the quantity the petrol stations have left can equally be sold at any amount. so they will hoard it or keep it ( if you don't understand the meaning of hoard) to make 1000% profit.
Re: Fuel Scarcity To Be Experienced Across The Country By Next Week. by IYANGBALI: 10:46am On Dec 09, 2011
at last here comes the FRESH AIR the president promised us grin grin grin
Re: Fuel Scarcity To Be Experienced Across The Country By Next Week. by Nobody: 10:47am On Dec 09, 2011
ogasir2011:

your comment shows that you are not business inclined. There is a strong relationship between PRICE, DEMAND and SUPPLY.
Re: Fuel Scarcity To Be Experienced Across The Country By Next Week. by gists: 10:48am On Dec 09, 2011
What I find difficult to understand is why people just post links without reading the content of the page they are posting. To make matters worse, you guys are just commenting on the wrong cause of the possible scarcity. Their is absolutely nothing in the link that talks about subsidy removal. Just NUPENG fighting for her members' right in SPDC.

Meanwhile I am 1000% against removal of subsidy at least not with this corruption infested regime. I can bet the proceeds will be embezzled as usual and not for development.
Re: Fuel Scarcity To Be Experienced Across The Country By Next Week. by don33310(m): 10:56am On Dec 09, 2011
madjune:

This country keeps going on in circles. Sometimes i wonder, wasn't Abacha's era the best we ever had? I'm not justifying political killings here. Now, i wish i can just have an eye view of where GEJ sleeps and aim a shot at him. This jonathan needs to be taken out. Pronto.
. I am in complete agreement with you.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity To Be Experienced Across The Country By Next Week. by ogasir2011: 10:59am On Dec 09, 2011
brainpulse:

I believe you don't have roof in your secondary school or all your teachers were all on sabbatical leave for the period of 6 years you spent there.

Since the petrol station dealers  knows that once subsidy is removed, the marketers will sell at any amount. then the quantity the petrol stations have left can equally be sold at any amount. so they will hoard it or keep it ( if you don't understand the meaning of hoard) to make 1000% profit.

Harvard Graduate:  Go and understand Fuel Subsidy and its Implication and stop embarrassing your Parent on Nairaland

okpara ugo:

your comment shows that you are not business inclined. There is a strong relationship between PRICE, DEMAND and SUPPLY.

So where does Hoarding come in Mr. Economics
Re: Fuel Scarcity To Be Experienced Across The Country By Next Week. by brainpulse: 11:12am On Dec 09, 2011
ogasir2011:

Since the petrol station dealers  knows that once subsidy is removed, the marketers will sell at any amount. then the quantity the petrol stations have left can equally be sold at any amount. so they will hoard it or keep it ( if you don't understand the meaning of hoard) to make 1000% profit.

Harvard Graduate:  Go and understand Fuel Subsidy and its Implication and stop embarrassing your Parent on Nairaland

Quote from: okpara ugo on Today at 10:47:17 AM

So where does Hoarding come in Mr. Economics

Dumb and dolt. There is what they call Pre and post effects of subsidy. Tell your parents that you just wasted their resources
Re: Fuel Scarcity To Be Experienced Across The Country By Next Week. by ogasir2011: 11:23am On Dec 09, 2011
brainpulse:

Dumb and dolt. There is what they call Pre and post effects of subsidy. Tell your parents that you just wasted their resources

i pity your mother for carrying an im.becile for 9 months in her sagging belly
Re: Fuel Scarcity To Be Experienced Across The Country By Next Week. by brainpulse: 11:28am On Dec 09, 2011
ogasir2011:

i pity your mother for carrying an im.becile for 9 months in her sagging belly

I dont abuse and trade words with orphans they may not value one if they see

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sambo To Spend N3bn On Trips, Stationery / Disgraced Former APC Governor On The Run; Faces Treason Charges / Bauchi New governor Appoints Wife And Younger Sister In Key Position

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.