Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,628 members, 7,801,816 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:18 AM

Igbo Traders Count Losses After The Kaduna Bomb Blast - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo Traders Count Losses After The Kaduna Bomb Blast (6021 Views)

NEMA Officials Arriving Kaduna Bomb Scene An Hour After Blast (Photo) / Jonathan Calls Buhari Over Kaduna Bomb Blast / Video Of Kaduna Bomb Blast- Viewers Discretion Is Advised (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbo Traders Count Losses After The Kaduna Bomb Blast by aloyemeka1: 5:28pm On Dec 08, 2011
[size=14pt]Kaduna Bomb Blast : Igbo Traders Count Losses-PM News, Lagos[/size]

After yesterday’s bomb blast that killed 14 persons and injured several others at Ogbomoso, by Katsina Road, Kaduna, Kaduna State, Northwest Nigeria, the survivors have started counting their losses.

The bomb blast, according to witnesses was carried out by two suspected bombers alleged to be members of the dreaded Islamic sect, Boko Haram.

Scene of the blast in Kaduna.

P.M.NEWS gathered that the suspected bombers were on a motorcycle when they threw a bag containing devices suspected to be bomb into a shop.

Immediately, a heavy explosion rocked the area, pulling down the targetted shop.

All the four apprentice spare parts traders inside the shop were killed instantly.

The state Commissioner of Police, Ballah Narasawa, however, disagreed with this account of the incident. He told newsmen at the scene of the blast that it was caused by a gas explosion.

When P.M.NEWS visited the scene this morning, the survivors and witnesses insisted that it was a bomb blast. They stated that the traders in the area do not sell gas but deal in motor spare parts.

One of the survivors, Fabian Ugochukwu lost three colleagues to the explosion, his boss and two apprentices.

He expressed displeasure over the police report that the blast was caused by gas explosion.

Ugochukwu said: “How can it be gas explosion when the entire Ori Apata area vibrated and over 14 people were killed over 100 metres away from the scene.”

Another survivor who is the Chairman of Ogbomoso Road Traders Association, Sunday Mba, told P.M.NEWS that not less than N200 million worth of property was destroyed and cash worth N20 million burnt. These records, Mba said, were gathered from survivors yesterday and this morning.

Mba also confirmed that 12 spare parts traders and two other tenants residing in houses behind the affected shops were killed in the blast.
A shop apprentice, Abdul Malik Ayodele wept as he narrated how his boss was killed in the fire that erupted following the blast.

Ayodele said: “I have no other means of survival. My boss is dead. I lost four other friends who died in the explosion. It is only God that will punish the bombers.”

One of the traders who lost about N10 million in spare parts to the explosion, Sunday Azubuogwu, a dealer in Mercedes Benz spare parts said he was lucky to escape the blast.

“Though I lost more than N10 million in goods which I received on credit from a spare parts distributor two days before the incident, I have reasons to thank God for my life,” Azubuogwu said.

He lamented what he described as unnecessary attack on Igbo traders in Kaduna, adding, “even when the state government decides to compensate all those who lost their goods and friends in the bomb blast, the traders within Ori Apata can never be psychologically stable because we saw our brothers burnt to death and there was nothing we could do.”

Though Kamarudeen Ibrahim and his younger brother, Suleiman Ibrahim, reside behind the Igbo traders shop along Ogbomoso Road, about 20 metres away from the scene of the blast,  they expressed shock at the attack on the traders.

They lamented that they lost a brother and a sister who were trapped inside the fire at their residence close to the traders’ shops.

Another victim who simply identified himself as Ifeanyi, younger brother of Onyebuchi, whose shop was directly attacked, said he was sent on an errand by his late brother when he heard the slam.

Ifeanyi narrated: “My brother had spare parts worth nothing less than N15 million because he was dealing in Mercedes Benz spare parts. All the goods and the shop were completely destroyed.”

Ifeanyi, a trader who hails from Anambra State in southeast Nigeria said he was left with no option but to return to his state.

http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2011/12/08/kaduna-bomb-igbo-traders-count-losses/
Re: Igbo Traders Count Losses After The Kaduna Bomb Blast by aloyemeka1: 5:36pm On Dec 08, 2011
Stop counting your losses buddy, move down south.
Re: Igbo Traders Count Losses After The Kaduna Bomb Blast by coogar: 5:37pm On Dec 08, 2011
jonathan goodluck is a disgrace!
Re: Igbo Traders Count Losses After The Kaduna Bomb Blast by Nobody: 5:39pm On Dec 08, 2011
They will get what is coming to them, he that kills by the sword must surely die by the sword.
Re: Igbo Traders Count Losses After The Kaduna Bomb Blast by ak47mann(m): 5:40pm On Dec 08, 2011
Hausa/Fulani's and their religious fanaticism, igbos over there are the ones to blame they are telling us to go home and these guys are not getting it,SE governors should enable to use this opportunity to fix our infrastructure, so that the home comers wont find it very hard to fit in, time to create a conducive environment so that more igbo business men and women can pick up from were they lost already cool
Re: Igbo Traders Count Losses After The Kaduna Bomb Blast by Afam4eva(m): 5:47pm On Dec 08, 2011
Once again Igbos are casualties. I keep saying it that it's easterners that are carrying this nation on their head. Anything that happens in Igboland affects Igbos. It happens in the west, Igbos are counted. It happens in the north. Igbos are highly represented. Igbos are being used for blood money in this country.
Re: Igbo Traders Count Losses After The Kaduna Bomb Blast by ak47mann(m): 5:49pm On Dec 08, 2011
We need referendum angry angry
Re: Igbo Traders Count Losses After The Kaduna Bomb Blast by coogar: 5:53pm On Dec 08, 2011
afam4eva:

Once again Igbos are casualties. I keep saying it that it's easterners that are carrying this nation on their head. Anything that happens in Igboland affects Igbos. It happens in the west, Igbos are counted. It happens in the north. Igbos are highly represented. Igbos are being used for blood money in this country.

igbos are the jews of africa.
Re: Igbo Traders Count Losses After The Kaduna Bomb Blast by chosen04(f): 5:55pm On Dec 08, 2011
Its time our Igbo brothers and sisters move down south. I have grown thick skin for weeping for those that count their losses up the demonic north.
Re: Igbo Traders Count Losses After The Kaduna Bomb Blast by jason123: 5:58pm On Dec 08, 2011
coogar:

jonathan goodluck is a disgrace!

What is GEJ's involvement in this? Why call his name? You wan kill the guy? He can only do so much!
Re: Igbo Traders Count Losses After The Kaduna Bomb Blast by Afam4eva(m): 6:00pm On Dec 08, 2011
jason123:

What is GEJ's involvement in this? Why call his name? You wan kill the guy? He can only do so much!

I know he's not directly involved in this. But who are we to blame, my father?
Re: Igbo Traders Count Losses After The Kaduna Bomb Blast by ezeagu(m): 6:03pm On Dec 08, 2011
coogar:

igbos are the jews of africa.

Have you heard of Jews moving in massive numbers to Afghanistan for business?
Re: Igbo Traders Count Losses After The Kaduna Bomb Blast by Nobody: 6:03pm On Dec 08, 2011
chosen04:

Its time our Igbo brothers and sisters move down south. I have grown thick skin for weeping for those that count their losses up the demonic north.

I find it weird they keep going back after every round of carnage.
Re: Igbo Traders Count Losses After The Kaduna Bomb Blast by coogar: 6:04pm On Dec 08, 2011
jason123:

why won't i call his name?
who's the commander-in-chief? who should be more attentive to the actions of boko haram?

he sits down there with his mexican hat deliberating fuel subsidy when he should be tough on boko haram.
this would never have happened under general abacha or even obasanjo(as dull as the ota farmer might look).

i reiterate, jonathan goodluck is a disgrace. he's got no regards to human lives.
how many casualties has boko haram claimed this year? are we even closer to catching this group of terrorists unleashing mayhem in the north?
Re: Igbo Traders Count Losses After The Kaduna Bomb Blast by jason123: 6:04pm On Dec 08, 2011
afam4eva:

I know he's not directly involved in this. But who are we to blame, my father?

I just had to laugh at the highlighted.
The point is GEJ is trying but these crises have been there before GEJ got there. It will remain after GEJ leaves.
Re: Igbo Traders Count Losses After The Kaduna Bomb Blast by Nobody: 6:05pm On Dec 08, 2011
ezeagu:

Have you heard of Jews moving in massive numbers to Afghanistan for business?

Wrong analogy, but I get your point. I think northerners are getting fed up with Nigeria, even their leaders has been awfully quiet about Boko Haram.
Re: Igbo Traders Count Losses After The Kaduna Bomb Blast by namfav(m): 6:08pm On Dec 08, 2011
will you organise the transport? or are you one of those motor mouth fear mongers

chosen04:

Re: Igbo Traders Count Losses After The Kaduna Bomb Blast by jason123: 6:08pm On Dec 08, 2011
coogar:

why won't i call his name?
who's the commander-in-chief? who should be more attentive to the actions of boko haram?

he sits down there with his mexican hat deliberating fuel subsidy when he should be tough on boko haram.
this would never have happened under general abacha or even obasanjo(as dull as the ota farmer might look).

i reiterate, jonathan goodluck is a disgrace. he's got no regards to human lives.
how many casualties has boko haram claimed this year? are we even closer to catching this group of terrorists unleashing mayhem in the north?

GEJ has tried,he really has.  Who said governing Nigeria is easy. After 2015, we will might have an Igbo president. Do you think the Igbo president will stop this crises? No. GEJ, though, not the best we can produce (I did not support him),  is OUR PRESIDENT. In as much as we critise him, we should also try to work with him.
Re: Igbo Traders Count Losses After The Kaduna Bomb Blast by Afam4eva(m): 6:12pm On Dec 08, 2011
jason123:

GEJ has tried,he really has.  Who said governing Nigeria is easy. After 2015, we will might have an Igbo president. Do you think the Igbo president will stop this crises? No. GEJ, though, not the best we can produce (I did not support him),  is OUR PRESIDENT. In as much as we critise him, we should also try to work with him.

Jonathan has tried. Are you kidding me? Tried as in? That he passed an anti-gay law or what?

And who's talking about an Igbo president. All i want is a good leader even if he's an expatriate, as long as he delivers, i'm ok with that.
Re: Igbo Traders Count Losses After The Kaduna Bomb Blast by coogar: 6:14pm On Dec 08, 2011
jason123:

any leader with balls would solve the crisis.
obasanjo stopped a similar crisis with the odi community when they killed soldiers. you meet fire with fire.
i would solve the boko haram crisis in one week. matter of fact, in 3 days.

the amount of ammo i would drop in borno state would make a mockery of what americans did @ nagasaki.
take no prisoners. any suspected village harbouring these terrorists should be burnt to the ground. give soldiers the license to raid, loot, murder and crush and watch boko haram flee to somalia.

jonathan is not trying. he is a wimp.
Re: Igbo Traders Count Losses After The Kaduna Bomb Blast by jason123: 6:16pm On Dec 08, 2011
afam4eva:

Jonathan has tried. Are you kidding me? Tried as in? That he passed an anti-man-lover law or what?

And who's talking about an Igbo president. All i want is a good leader even if he's an expatriate, as long as he delivers, i'm ok with that.
The presidency issue was to show that no one knows and know one can solve this problem, not even a president from the group that is affected the most.

GEJ is under a lot of pressure to deliver. As you know, I never supported his presidency but hey! As God will have it, he is OUR leader and president. We can critise but it must be balanced.

For this particular issue, there is little he can do about it.
Re: Igbo Traders Count Losses After The Kaduna Bomb Blast by Afam4eva(m): 6:18pm On Dec 08, 2011
Jonathan, no matter how weak he seems, can reduce the boko-haram menace. But i think he's paying leap service to fighting this terrorist in order not to be reprimanded by northern leaders. I bet you if this Boko-haram group was an Igbo group, Thousands of soldiers would have been sent to unleash terror on the south-east. It's even disgraceful enough that some northern leaders are coming out openly to pay solidarity with a terrorist group. Nigeria, i hail thee.
Re: Igbo Traders Count Losses After The Kaduna Bomb Blast by jason123: 6:19pm On Dec 08, 2011
coogar:

any leader with balls would solve the crisis.
obasanjo stopped a similar crisis with the odi community when they killed soldiers. you meet fire with fire.
i would solve the boko haram crisis in one week. matter of fact, in 3 days.

the amount of ammo i would drop in borno state would make a mockery of what americans did @ nagasaki.
take no prisoners. any suspected village harbouring these terrorists should be burnt to the ground. give soldiers the license to raid, loot, murder and crush and watch boko haram flee to somalia.

jonathan is not trying. he is a wimp.

Is it not the same OBJ we accuse of "genocide" (people use that word too often in Nigeria)? You want him (GEJ, an Ijaw man(minority according to Nigerians)) to do the same to Northerners (majority), abi? Yet, you want peace?
Re: Igbo Traders Count Losses After The Kaduna Bomb Blast by coogar: 6:46pm On Dec 08, 2011
jason123:

Is it not the same OBJ we accuse of "genocide" (people use that word too often in Nigeria)? You want him (GEJ, an Ijaw man(minority according to Nigerians)) to do the same to Northerners (majority), abi? Yet, you want peace?

genocide because the odi community are not notoriously known to be troublesome.

i doubt anyone would use the word genocide as a term to describe anti-terrorism considering the number of casualties boko haram have claimed.
otherwise, united nations, obama, david cameron, etc have all committed genocide.

if i were jonathan, i would test nigeria's military might in borno state.
what an opportunity to make history. 3 scud missiles to those remote villages - captured live on bbc.

i reiterate, jonathan goodluck is a simpleton!
Re: Igbo Traders Count Losses After The Kaduna Bomb Blast by antartica(m): 7:02pm On Dec 08, 2011
Rumours of war. The faith of the ignorant is catastrophy. Nigeria can never make head way until common sense excels,there are no two ways about it,it is a case of swim or drown.
Re: Igbo Traders Count Losses After The Kaduna Bomb Blast by aloyemeka1: 8:24pm On Dec 08, 2011
Anybody caught dead in the present Nigerian north is a big foool.
Re: Igbo Traders Count Losses After The Kaduna Bomb Blast by Nobody: 8:36pm On Dec 08, 2011
Why ibos everytime ? I guess you are reaping the fruit of the evil seed nzeogu sowed ! Well done boko boys !
Re: Igbo Traders Count Losses After The Kaduna Bomb Blast by AndreUweh(m): 8:59pm On Dec 08, 2011
afam4eva:

Word.
Re: Igbo Traders Count Losses After The Kaduna Bomb Blast by Nobody: 9:03pm On Dec 08, 2011
Andre Uweh:

Word.
Oops you can say that again but it wont stop boko boys from killing ibos !
Re: Igbo Traders Count Losses After The Kaduna Bomb Blast by asha80(m): 9:18pm On Dec 08, 2011
but why did the police lie that it was a gas cylinder that exploded?what do they gain with that kind of lie?

if boko haram enters kaduna it will be a different kettle of fish as kaduna is can be quite volatile.
Re: Igbo Traders Count Losses After The Kaduna Bomb Blast by lagcity(m): 9:28pm On Dec 08, 2011
coogar:

genocide because the odi community are not notoriously known to be troublesome.

i doubt anyone would use the word genocide as a term to describe anti-terrorism considering the number of casualties boko haram have claimed.
otherwise, united nations, obama, david cameron, etc have all committed genocide.

if i were jonathan, i would test nigeria's military might in borno state.
[b]what an opportunity to make history. 3 scud missiles to those remote villages - captured live on bbc.[/b]i reiterate, jonathan goodluck is a simpleton!

Oga coogar, i dey fear u ooo. e be like say u be Saddam incarnate. Saddam who used chemical weapons against Iraqi Kurds.
Re: Igbo Traders Count Losses After The Kaduna Bomb Blast by Chyz2: 10:06pm On Dec 08, 2011
Oh welp. Too bad.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Cumulative Results. Cont’d / Who Placed Osibanjo In A Dark Room? / Bye-Elections: APC Pegs Senatorial Forms At N20m, Reps N10m, State Assembly N2m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.