Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,750 members, 7,802,295 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:05 PM

LASU Law Rated Best In Africa - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / LASU Law Rated Best In Africa (13750 Views)

UNILORIN Law Faculty Rated Best In Nigeria / Lasu Law Rated Best In Africa,7th In The World / Biggest Blow Hit Lasu As Nuc Disacredit Lasu Law,accounting And 8 Others;lag Asembly Summon Vc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

LASU Law Rated Best In Africa by luvola(m): 10:37pm On Dec 09, 2011
Lasu Law Rated Best In Africa,14th In The World

this is the greatest achievement ever in the sch. source - www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/education/campus-life/28977-lasu-is-africa's-best.html
Re: LASU Law Rated Best In Africa by luvola(m): 10:39pm On Dec 09, 2011
this ought to be on the front page
Re: LASU Law Rated Best In Africa by Joey82(m): 10:45pm On Dec 09, 2011
luvola:

this ought to be on the front page

nopt the front page really, the education section will do
Re: LASU Law Rated Best In Africa by EkoIle1: 11:09pm On Dec 09, 2011
Wao!!!! This is so lovely and inspiring.

Eko o ni baje ooo

Re: LASU Law Rated Best In Africa by Ejine(m): 11:09pm On Dec 09, 2011
Wait. I just did a Google search, and I've got to ask: Why is 'The Nation' the only news tabloid carrying this story? And as we all know, 'The Nation' is owned by the one and only Bola Tinubu.
Care to explain why this is so? Because, I know alot about university affairs worldwide; and I know that when such claims are made, there's a generally accessible information on the firm that carried out the research, and the list itself is fully accessible on the public domain. An instance is the new list that Cambridge has surpased Harvard. Google it and you'll see the list as well as the story being acknowledged by reputable news firms to be true.
But on the case of this story on this thread, I google it and all I see is Bola Tinubu's 'The Nation' as the only site carrying this story.
Care to shed a little more light on this, sir? smiley
Re: LASU Law Rated Best In Africa by Ejine(m): 11:14pm On Dec 09, 2011
Guys, google it. There's no other news body affirming this story except Bola Tinubu's 'The Nation'.
What is going on?
Re: LASU Law Rated Best In Africa by realchange: 11:25pm On Dec 09, 2011
Ejiné:

Guys, google it. There's no other news body affirming this story except Bola Tinubu's 'The Nation'.
What is going on?

hehahaa!
na amala paper write am!  grin
Re: LASU Law Rated Best In Africa by Gbawe: 11:40pm On Dec 09, 2011
realchange:

hehahaa!
na amala paper write am!  grin

You people are really sad. First, the joke is on you because you show you have very poor research skills. Second, you only succeed in showing that you are just consumed with bigotry and discrediting first rather than giving credit where due as if we are not all Nigerians and as if these sort of achievement is not to the glory of Nigeria. The article here says :

LASU was among the 36 invited for the finals. The LASU team competed against teams from Pepperdine University (US), Russian Academy of Justice (Russia), Buenos Aires University (Argentina) and Gujarat University (India).

check the link below to see who is at number 34. Abi Tinubu owns that link too?

http://fdimoot.org/2011/

2011 FDI Moot

Oral Rounds in London 4-6 November

We are pleased to announce the results of the 2011 Skadden, Arps FDI Moot at King's College London.

1 King’s College London - Skadden Arps Trophy 2011
2 Georgetown University
3 City University of Hong Kong, School of Law
4 Kaplan Law School
5 University of Warsaw
5 University of Belgrade
7 Federal University of Minas Gerais
7 Pepperdine University School of Law

Memorials

1. University of Barcelona
2. University of Warsaw
3. University of Belgrade

Counter Memorials

1. King’s College London
2. Pepperdine Law School
3. Kaplan Law School

Team Ranking (Oral Rounds 1-4 and Memorials)
Rank/University/Alias/Points

1 King's College London Mo 1542.5 Baker & McKenzie Prize 2011
2 University of Warsaw Gros 1448.75
3 University of Belgrade, Faculty of Law Badawi 1436.75
4 Suffolk University Law School Fabela 1423.5
5 University of Buenos Aires Jessup 1390
6 Universidad de Granada Dillard 1376
7 Charles University, Faculty of Law Fleischhauer 1374.75
8 Boston University, School of Law Hackworth 1343.25
9 Masaryk University, Faculty of Law Guerrero 1317
10 Novosibirsk State University Spender 1293.5
11 MGIMO University Onyeama 1281.5
12 University of Wroclaw Alvarez 1257.75
13 University of Barcelona (IELPO) Singh 1237
14 Universite Paris I Pantheon Sorbonne Forster 1170.75
15 Ankara University, Faculty of Law Mosler 1151
16 University of Novi Sad, Faculty of Law Rau 1149
17 City University of Hong Kong, School of Law Petren 1127.25
18 Paris Dauphine University Lachs 1063
19 Belarusian State University Visscher 1059.75
20 Kaplan Law School El-Erian 1055
21 Federal University of Minas Gerais Zoricic 1050.25
22 Russian Academy of Justice Morelli 1024.5
23 Pepperdine University School of Law Elias 1020
24 Uni Curitiba Baxter 989.5
25 New York University School of Law Evensen 987.5
26 Georgetown University Law Center Jennings 977.25
27 Kyiv National Taras Shevchenko University Waldock 974.75
28 National University of Juridical Sciences Alfaro 951.5
29 Yonsei University Koo 873
30 Mykolas Romeris University Ago 871.75
31 Gujarat National Law University Castro 868.75
32 University of Silesia Erskine 845.5
33 University of Houston Law Center Tarazi 839.75
34 Lagos State University, Faculty of Law Khan 795.25
35 Xi'an Jiaotong University, School of Law Bengzon
Re: LASU Law Rated Best In Africa by EkoIle1: 11:45pm On Dec 09, 2011

Such moots constitute excellent opportunities for getting to know and comparing the level of legal education and the quality of arguments made by representatives of other universities, perhaps also to control and shape (for better mutual understanding but also for dominance?) the use of sources and arguments in dispute resolution.

The teams of this Moot come from: Ankara Bar Association-Ankara University, Belarusian State University, Boston University, School of Law, Charles University, Faculty of Law, City University of Hong Kong, School of Law, Federal University of Minas Gerais, Georgetown University Law Center, Gujarat National Law University, Kaplan Law School, King’s College London, Kyiv National Taras Shevchenko University, Lagos State University, Faculty of Law, Masaryk University, Faculty of Law, MGIMO University, Mykolas Romeris University, National University of Juridical Sciences, New York University School of Law, Novosibirsk State University, Paris Dauphine University, Pepperdine University School of Law.

http://jaanikaerne.ideasoneurope.eu/2011/11/05/fdi-moot-on-fps/

Re: LASU Law Rated Best In Africa by realchange: 11:52pm On Dec 09, 2011

2011 FDI Moot

Oral Rounds in London 4-6 November

We are pleased to announce the results of the 2011 Skadden, Arps FDI Moot at King's College London.

1 King’s College London - Skadden Arps Trophy 2011
2 Georgetown University
3 City University of Hong Kong, School of Law
4 Kaplan Law School
5 University of Warsaw
5 University of Belgrade
7 Federal University of Minas Gerais
7 Pepperdine University School of Law

Memorials

1. University of Barcelona
2. University of Warsaw
3. University of Belgrade

Counter Memorials

1. King’s College London
2. Pepperdine Law School
3. Kaplan Law School

Team Ranking (Oral Rounds 1-4 and Memorials)
Rank/University/Alias/Points

1 King's College London Mo 1542.5 Baker & McKenzie Prize 2011
2 University of Warsaw Gros 1448.75
3 University of Belgrade, Faculty of Law Badawi 1436.75
4 Suffolk University Law School Fabela 1423.5
5 University of Buenos Aires Jessup 1390
6 Universidad de Granada Dillard 1376
7 Charles University, Faculty of Law Fleischhauer 1374.75
8 Boston University, School of Law Hackworth 1343.25
9 Masaryk University, Faculty of Law Guerrero 1317
10 Novosibirsk State University Spender 1293.5
11 MGIMO University [size=14pt]Onyeama [/size]1281.5
12 University of Wroclaw Alvarez 1257.75
13 University of Barcelona (IELPO) Singh 1237
14 Universite Paris I Pantheon Sorbonne Forster 1170.75
15 Ankara University, Faculty of Law Mosler 1151
16 University of Novi Sad, Faculty of Law Rau 1149
17 City University of Hong Kong, School of Law Petren 1127.25
18 Paris Dauphine University Lachs 1063
19 Belarusian State University Visscher 1059.75
20 Kaplan Law School El-Erian 1055
21 Federal University of Minas Gerais Zoricic 1050.25
22 Russian Academy of Justice Morelli 1024.5
23 Pepperdine University School of Law Elias 1020
24 Uni Curitiba Baxter 989.5
25 New York University School of Law Evensen 987.5
26 Georgetown University Law Center Jennings 977.25
27 Kyiv National Taras Shevchenko University Waldock 974.75
28 National University of Juridical Sciences Alfaro 951.5
29 Yonsei University Koo 873
30 Mykolas Romeris University Ago 871.75
31 Gujarat National Law University Castro 868.75
32 University of Silesia Erskine 845.5
33 University of Houston Law Center Tarazi 839.75
34 Lagos State University, Faculty of Law Khan 795.25
35 Xi'an Jiaotong University, School of Law Bengzon

hmm, I see. grin
Re: LASU Law Rated Best In Africa by EkoIle1: 11:54pm On Dec 09, 2011
@ Gbawe, you beet me to it,

lol @ the usual sad and sorrowful people, they don't even hide their idiocy and ignorance no more. These are just a bunch of intellectually lazy clowns with zero capacity to do good and see others do good.

These are Nigerian students and I'm sure they were referred to as Nigeria students, not Lagos student and you at least owe them the respect and benefit of the doubt, not just because they did good, but also because they represented your country and made you proud.

They didn't bring you any bad name or image, they improved and laundered your image and prestige.

These needless trash anything syndrome is really getting annoying and way overplayed
Re: LASU Law Rated Best In Africa by loma(m): 11:56pm On Dec 09, 2011
While I applaud the students for getting to the London round , help me understand this.

They came 34th out of the 35 schools in the London round. How does that translate to 14th in the World?  Also how do you extrapolate performance in a Moot competition to ranking of the Law school?  So next time students from UNAAB win a Fluid Mechanics competition (or come 34th out of 35 schools), they automatically become best Engineering school in Africa and 14th in the world?

Am I missing some part of the story?
Re: LASU Law Rated Best In Africa by EkoIle1: 11:57pm On Dec 09, 2011
And if we didn't do what they were too lazy and incompetent to do by spending a minute to look for and post the link, they'll still be here and trooping in to continues their orgy of ignorance and sadness.

I can't believe that these low class thinkers are the future of Nigeria.
Re: LASU Law Rated Best In Africa by Kobojunkie: 11:58pm On Dec 09, 2011

FDI Moot Teams

Ankara Bar Association-Ankara University  Mosler
Belarusian State University  Visscher
Boston University, School of Law  Hackworth 
Charles University, Faculty of Law  Fleischhauer
City University of Hong Kong, School of Law  Petren
Federal University of Minas Gerais  Zoricic
Georgetown University Law Center Jennings
Gujarat National Law University Castro
Kaplan Law School  El-Erian
King's College London  Mo
Kyiv National Taras Shevchenko University Waldock
Lagos State University, Faculty of Law  Khan
Masaryk University, Faculty of Law Guerrero
MGIMO University Onyeama
Mykolas Romeris University  Ago
National University of Juridical Sciences Alfaro 
New York University School of Law Evensen
Novosibirsk State University  Spender
Paris Dauphine University  Lachs
Pepperdine University School of Law  Elias
Russian Academy of Justice  Morelli
Suffolk University Law School Fabela 
Uni Curitiba  Baxter
Universidad de Granada  Dillard
Universite Paris I Pantheon Sorbonne Forster
University of Barcelona (IELPO)  Singh
University of Belgrade, Faculty of Law  Badawi
University of Buenos Aires Jessup
University of Houston Law Center Tarazi
University of Novi Sad, Faculty of Law Rau
University of Silesia  Erskine
University of Warsaw  Gros
University of Wroclaw Alvarez
Xi'an Jiaotong University, School of Law  Bengzon
Yonsei University Koo

So out of a team of 35, LASU came 34th? Not bad! undecided
Re: LASU Law Rated Best In Africa by realchange: 11:59pm On Dec 09, 2011
loma:

While I applaud the students for getting to the London round , help me understand this.

They came 34th out of the 35 schools in the London round. How does that translate to 14th in the World?  Also how do you extrapolate performance in a Moot competition to ranking of the Law school?  So next time students from UNAAB win a Fluid Mechanics competition (or come 34th out of 35 schools), they automatically become best Engineering school in Africa and 14th in the world?

abeg helep me ask o.  undecided
Re: LASU Law Rated Best In Africa by luvola(m): 12:01am On Dec 10, 2011
Link/Evidence that shows that lasu truely participate in the competition held in london - www.jaanikaerne.ideasoneurope.eu/2011/11/05/fdi-moot-on-fps
Re: LASU Law Rated Best In Africa by Kobojunkie: 12:01am On Dec 10, 2011
loma:

No you are not ! This is how it goes with most of the stories out  of Nigeria . , . you look for other ways to verify claims made and probably learn the real facts .  grin grin grin
Re: LASU Law Rated Best In Africa by loma(m): 12:05am On Dec 10, 2011
Re: LASU Law Rated Best In Africa by bashr8: 12:07am On Dec 10, 2011
congrats to them but this is just a competition and not overall school ranking stop trying to mislead people.
Re: LASU Law Rated Best In Africa by Ejine(m): 12:11am On Dec 10, 2011
Jeez. Easy guys. No need for hateful insults, please.

To make things clear, my statements still remain valid, because:

1. The list you posted there is from a competition attended by some students from some universities who volunteered to attend. This does not in any way signify 'World's best', because the grading is only by universities which featured in it.

2. The claims made by 'The Nation' still remain false, because, even after voluntarily attending the competition, the team finished 34th out of 35, and not 14th best in the World, like the poster bluntly claims.

Please, let us be objective and leave tribal sentiments. Let us discuss like normal humans for once, because I do not like the direction this whole thing is going.

Please, just respect yourselves and try to be civil, or you will leave me with no options than to report to mods (can't believe I even said that).
Re: LASU Law Rated Best In Africa by luvola(m): 12:21am On Dec 10, 2011
according to what i read in thenations news(link posted above) the organiser of the competition rank lasu as the best law faculy in africa and 14th in the world and that 200 schools participated in the competition out of which lasu was knocked out in d round of 16, some one should paste out the content of the nation news link.
Re: LASU Law Rated Best In Africa by Ejine(m): 12:22am On Dec 10, 2011
loma:

http://www.topuniversities.com/university-rankings/world-university-rankings/2011/subject-rankings/social-sciences/law

LOL. In this list, I don't see Lagos anywhere. And sitting comfortably on number 14 is the University of Chicago.
You see? I made a rebuttal on the story and a brother came with a result sheet from a Moot competition, while the other already resorted to cusses and unnecessary insults.
Why? :\
Na so this Politics section be?
Na wa oh.
Re: LASU Law Rated Best In Africa by EkoIle1: 12:25am On Dec 10, 2011
Ejiné:

Jeez. Easy guys. No need for hateful insults, please.

To make things clear, my statements still remain valid, because:

1. The list you posted there is from a competition attended by some students from some universities who volunteered to attend. This does not in any way signify 'World's best', because the grading is only by universities which featured in it.

2. The claims made by 'The Nation' still remain false, because, even after voluntarily attending the competition, the team finished 34th out of 35, and not 14th best in the World, like the poster bluntly claims.

Please, let us be objective and leave tribal sentiments. Let us discuss like normal humans for once, because I do not like the direction this whole thing is going.

Please, just respect yourselves and try to be civil, or you will leave me with no options than to report to mods (can't believe I even said that).

Please stop the bait and switching.

You insinuated in the quote below that the news itself was false simply because you were too lazy to google properly or that other news papers did not publish the same thing as if that's any indication of anything. Now it's about who attended or didn't attend.

Stick to your initial argument and quit trying to hang on to what was never your point. The only falsity I see here is you.

What is going on?

And if I might add, the fact that they cam first or last makes no difference to me simply because they won even before leaving Nigeria. With our sorry education system, they still scaled over hundreds of law schools to make it to the competition and they were in the same competition with some of the best law schools in the world.

I'm sure they'll cherish that experience or the rest of their lives and motivate countless students in Nigeria to even go farther than this team.

This is really nothing to knock, we are just to sad and vindictive for our own good.
Re: LASU Law Rated Best In Africa by luvola(m): 12:27am On Dec 10, 2011
@ ejine - 200 schools participated and not 35 and mind u lasu represented nigeria as a whole because they came best in the 2011 nig law sch award. read the link very well
Re: LASU Law Rated Best In Africa by Gbawe: 12:34am On Dec 10, 2011
Kobojunkie:

So out of a team of 35, LASU came 34th? Not bad! undecided

realchange:

abeg helep me ask o.  undecided

To be honest, the above show what a Ghanaian friend once said to me about how Nigerians are the most negative and self-hating folks,  unappreciative of their own nation, he has ever met.  He said "when Nigerians have other Nigerians to deal with, what do they need enemies for?"

All you focus on is negativity that makes you conclude , with glee, Nigeria came 34th. Well, look again . It says "Team Ranking (Oral Rounds 1-4 and Memorials)". For one thing, "oral round" may just be one aspect that contributed to eventual overall ranking and "1-4 " may have been ranking going forward into last 16, last 8, etc. Meanwhile, the article from the Nation says :

Though the team lost at Round 16, just before the quarter finals, LASULAWS was crowned “The Best Team in Africa” and “14th” in the world.

Before the quarter finals means before the last 8. Double that and it would mean Nigeria was in the round involving the last 16. Probable then that they came 14th overall if they made the last 16. in the haste to assume the worst and pander to self-hating negativity about ones'e own nation we see the type of feverish jumping to conclusion that saw a poster claim this story was fake to begin with :
hehahaa! na amala paper write am!

Indeed, with Nigerians like you lot, Nigeria does not need enemies.
Re: LASU Law Rated Best In Africa by luvola(m): 12:35am On Dec 10, 2011
@ ejine - what they mean was that the sch law faculty is currently the best in africa and 14th in thew world and not the  overall best
Re: LASU Law Rated Best In Africa by luvola(m): 12:44am On Dec 10, 2011
@ gbawe - they are bad belle people . out of 200 sch ,they stil made it to the last 16 and the organiser rated them as the best team in afri2 and 14th in the world, pls paste the content of the nation link for them to see
Re: LASU Law Rated Best In Africa by Ejine(m): 12:48am On Dec 10, 2011
Please stop the bait and
switching.

You insinuated in the quote
below that the news itself was
false simply because you were
too lazy to google properly

Too funny! The one advise I'd give you is to not try outrunning your shadow. The poster's title insinuates LASU Law Faculty is the best in Africa, does it not? So, naturally, if this is true, the only google keywords it would require to reveal the story would be "LASU Law faculty best in Africa", should it not? Or do I now have to start aimlessly ransacking the internet for some Moot score sheet to reveal this so called list? You're a very funny character. Unfortunately, for all the wrong reasons.

or
that other news papers did not
publish the same thing as if
that's any indication of anything.
Now it's about who attended or
didn't attend.

Of course it goes a very long way to say so. You can't stage a competition from a handful teams and then call the winner the best in the World. You're never to be taken seriously with that.

Stick to your initial argument and
quit trying to hang on to what
was never your point. The only
falsity I see here is you.

Quite frankly, I think it is you who needs to drop the childish ad hominem attacks and focus on the crux of the argument, which is all about the falsity of the tabloid, because:
1. Nowhere does the message from the FDI moot competition name LASU as best in Africa,

2. The message there shows they came 34th and NOT even 14th. But you conveniently skipped that part only to write me an anger-filled sob story about how we should be proud, and yet you have the NERVE to say someone else is switching arguments?
Mr Brotherman. SMH.
Re: LASU Law Rated Best In Africa by Gbawe: 12:57am On Dec 10, 2011
luvola:

@ gbawe - they are bad belle people . out of 200 sch ,they stil made it to the last 16 and the organiser rated them as the best team in afri2 and 14th in the world,  pls paste the content of the nation link for them to see

I know. disgraceful how these "Nigerians" were deliberately only looking for negatives. If this same feat had been pulled off by Ghana or Botswana, these same set of people will say "look at small nations showing up the giant of Africa". We can understand Nigerians criticising our Nation over negative issues but what kind of Nigerian knocks his/her country over positive achievement also?
Re: LASU Law Rated Best In Africa by Ejine(m): 12:59am On Dec 10, 2011
luvola:

@ ejine - what they mean was that the sch law faculty is currently the best in africa and 14th in thew world and not the  overall best  

This is the World ranking of University Law faculties:
www.topuniversities.com/university-rankings/world-university-rankings/2011/subject-rankings/social-sciences/law
That position you're talking about? It's occupied by the University of Chicago.

Guys, don't get me wrong - I'm proud of these guys and happy for them. But my argument has always been on the Falsity of the article! Simple! Why's that so hard to see?! And people are already quick to brand me a 'bad belle'. Bad belle on what? The achievements of my FELLOW countrymen? Please, just get it right - not everyone is interested in partisan politics!
Re: LASU Law Rated Best In Africa by EkoIle1: 1:01am On Dec 10, 2011
Ejiné:

Too funny! The one advise I'd give you is to not try outrunning your shadow. The poster's title insinuates LASU Law Faculty is the best in Africa, does it not? So, naturally, if this is true, the only google keywords it would require to reveal the story would be "LASU Law faculty best in Africa", should it not? Or do I now have to start aimlessly ransacking the internet for some Moot score sheet to reveal this so called list? You're a very funny character. Unfortunately, for all the wrong reasons.

Of course it goes a very long way to say so. You can't stage a competition from a handful teams and then call the winner the best in the World. You're never to be taken seriously with that.

Quite frankly, I think it is you who needs to drop the childish ad hominem attacks and focus on the crux of the argument, which is all about the falsity of the tabloid, because:
1. Nowhere does the message from the FDI moot competition name LASU as best in Africa,

2. The message there shows they came 34th and NOT even 14th. But you conveniently skipped that part only to write me an anger-filled sob story about how we should be proud, and yet you have the NERVE to say someone else is switching arguments?
Mr Brotherman. SMH.

Your initial claim was that other news outlets didn't run it and only BAT's did so something is fishy?

Well as we now know, nothing was fishy, it was all about you and you inability to google.

All your after thought is really irrelevant.

Anyways, I thought Gbawe took care of your ignorance.
Re: LASU Law Rated Best In Africa by luvola(m): 1:03am On Dec 10, 2011
LASU is Africa’s best
By Ngozi Agbo 08/12/2011
00:00:00
Font size:
Despite the fee crisis rocking the
Lagos State University (LASU), its
students are still among the best
in the world. Some of its law
students displayed skill and
dexterity at the Foreign Direct
Investment International
Arbitration Moot Court
Competition. They emerged the
best from Africa.
The competition, organised by
the Centre for International Legal
Studies, was held between
November 4 and 6 at the Kings
College, London. LASU
representatives were Prof
Olusegun Yerokun, Dean; Dr.
Gbadebo Olagunju, lecturer,
Department of International Law
and Jurisprudence. The counsel,
both 500-Level students, were
Chinedu Geoffrey Ihenetu and
Daniel Ogunbote.
Institutions in attendance
included University of Barcelona,
Universite Paris, I Pantheon
Sorbonne, Universidad de
Granada, Uni Curitiba, Suffolk
Silesia, Russian Academy of
Justice, Pepperdine University,
Paris Dauphine, NUJS,
Novosibirsk, Novi Sad,
Northumbria University, New
York University, Mykolas Romeris,
Minas Gerais, Mgimo, Masaryk,
Kyiv University, Kings College,
Kaplan, City University, Hong
Kong, Houston University, Charles
University, Gujarat University,
University of Belgrade,
Georgetown University, Buenos
Aires University, Belarusian
University, Boston University and
Ankara University.
The build-up to the oral finals
included a written submission by
more than 200 universities
across the world. LASU was
among the 36 invited for the
finals. The LASU team competed
against teams from Pepperdine
University (US), Russian Academy
of Justice (Russia), Buenos Aires
University (Argentina) and
Gujarat University (India).
Though the team lost at Round
16, just before the quarter finals,
LASULAWS was crowned “The
Best Team in Africa” and “14th”
in the world. The counsel made
the university, Nigeria and Africa
proud by beating their American,
Asian and European
counterparts. Kings College,
London won the competition.
The founder of the competition,
Prof Martin Hunter, whose book
on International Investment
Arbitration is widely regarded in
Europe as the “Bible” of this
unique area of law, praised the
LASU students.
Remarkably, in the World Student
Arbitrator Rankings, Geoffrey
was listed 41st and Daniel, 78th
out of 107 students.
Geoffrey told CAMPUSLIFE that he
was happy to fly the Nigerian
flag. He called for more funding
of such competitions.
“We are calling on the
government, organisations and
individuals to put more into
competitions like this so as to
help wake law students from
slumber and propel them to legal
research”.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

ABSU VC Is Corrupt, Refusing To Sign Certificates And Asking For Money. / NECO Releases 2022 SSCE Results / UNN Post Graduate (PG) Admission For 2015/2016 Session Deadline: June 30th, 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.