Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,312 members, 7,780,742 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:06 PM

Movie - The Transformation Of Nigerland. Season I - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Movie - The Transformation Of Nigerland. Season I (2270 Views)

A Nairalander's Visit To The Transformation Farm At Koto-Abuja Road (Pictures) / The Transformation Of Nigeria, Part III- Lekki Megacity Master Plan (Lagos) / The Transformation Of Nigeria, Part I - New Kaduna City (Master Plan) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Movie - The Transformation Of Nigerland. Season I by Goodnessy: 10:57am On Dec 12, 2011
This movie debuted in Nigerland and exclusive to Nigerland. It is not yet rated by the Video Census Board but you can be sure it is +18, the board will be sorted later, my brother works there. But you can only finish watching this movie if the Power Holding Company of the Nigerland does not strike, I pray so because you will have a futuristic view of the giant of Africa. However you’ll be making a mistake if you attribute the giant status to Nigerland’s achievement. The giant attribution is in terms of the population and nothing more. If we are to go by the scripts of this movie which no one knows the writer, the lead actor is a Doctor Johnny from Balsa state in Nigerland and he came to light like a thief in the night. By the time the over 168million Nigerian viewers finish watching this movie most of them will be weary, hunger stricken and regretful. The only thing on their minds will be to see 2015 come and go.

Act 1 scene 1
Doctor was a Deputy Governor in Balsa state of Niger land and arose to be the Governor due to his former boss Alams’s impeachment. He was also a Governor for some time but by some stint of luck he was offered the second national seat at Aso villa, the most beautiful villa in Nigerland meant for the first citizen of that land. He did not achieve anything meaningful while he was a Governor in Balsa state and that is why his promotion is said to be a lucky one. He packed from Balsa state to Aso villa and there he quietly followed his boss running errands when necessary. He followed his master without any query and was ready to wash his master’s car if asked to do so. He didn’t expect to be in that office it just came knocking at his door and once it came, he venerated that office and despised any opposition even when he had not earned it. He was also proving to some hawks in Balsa state that he now had the revered federal might.

Act 1 scene 2
Doctor’s master got ill and passed away. By the laws of Nigerland, Doctor should sit on his master’s seat. Some hawks didn’t want him to, some wanted him to, and eventually he got the backing and prodding from someone that was powerful and sat on it. Sitting on a seat he didn’t dream about Doctor was joyful, he had the chance to even contest for that seat in the coming elections of Nigerland soon but he was afraid. He could not say it. He kept mum for some time but again prodded to talk, he announced he was running for the office and with that he sent some people into apprehension mode and made others go into jubilation mode.

Act 1 scene 3
Doctor went into the race against powerful opposition forces. He had the support of many people. Some factors came to play too, religion, ethnicity, and most unfortunately some emotional jargons were used to persuade some Nigerlanders to vote for doctor. He contracted some persons to run an electronic campaign by bookfacing on the web, and this brought some others especially youths to his camp. Doctor won the election, and immediately showed us how feeble he was when some disgruntled elements had a field day in committing arson and massacres, he sat by and watched their victims die, only to come and give monetary compensation. It was then I got to know that families of victims can get richer and assailants can go scot free.

Act 2 scene 1
Doctor was sworn in as an elected and not a circumstantial president this time, he promised to lace the road with gold and silver as they are wont to do. He urged foreign direct investment and went to shop for people with brains, the likes of Okonjo Iweala, the world bank officer who was compensated by a better office in the world bank after she talked the government to repay some ridiculous debt we were said to be owing, Rueben Abati a member of the fourth estate of the realm and our foremost government critic, to mention a few, who he felt would make a difference in his government. With such appointments Nigerlanders thought the sky was the limit of Doctor and his team, little did they know that the days ahead will be tough. Sequel to the election result massacre in the previous scene, he set up a panel to investigate the carnage and gave hope to the families of the deceased. He started his reign as the third president of the fourth republic. Nigerians were expectant, at least those that voted him in the last elections.

Act 2 scene 2
While Act 1 Scene 3 was playing on, some religious sect known as haram boko, upped their game against the government. By the time Doctor was sworn in, haram boko became more daring. We thought Doctor was going to curb them. He had brains in government at least, the brain and brawn of Iweala for instance that opposed amnesty. [Flashback] Okonjo Iweala during Obasanjo’s government said government will not dialogue with (criminals), militants. Did government not do so to make peace eventually?
Haram boko has made live unbearable for some Nigerlanders that they had to forget their constitutional right to stay in anywhere of Nigerland. They have gone back to their states and in some cases neighbouring states to seek refuge. Even indigenous members of these haram book states do not feel safe. It is not surprising that Doctor cannot tackle the problem created by haram boko, his assumption of office was just for the craze to be in that seat, not to do anything serious. I cannot see anything done in the past by Doctor by which we can measure his expectations in the seat. After all a brighter future should give us signs today. I need someone to show me the signs of a brighter future, I am not blind but I cannot see any.

Act 2 Scene 2
Not long after Doctor sat on the prestigious seat, he announced his intentions to make the seat occupied for once and for seven years instead of four. He made us know that his transformation agenda was actually tears-formation. This scene was still playing before Power Holding Company of Nigerland struck as they are wont to. Light is gone I cannot watch anymore. I cannot fuel my generator, it’s almost January, I have to scrape as much as possible to go through the promised hard times. However, typical of Nigerland movies, remember the characters are from Nigerland and the movie is set in Nigerland, you can tell what will happen in them when you watch them to certain stages. I can tell likewise in this movie that poverty will be walking jubilantly and residing in many homes of Nigerland. Healthcare will go on leave and because kerosene subsidy will soon follow, more woods will go into the fire to prepare our meals. Someone told me that Abacha stove would soon return to our homes. What I cannot tell about the movie is whether it will cause a revolt by Nigerlanders? Whether it is the tinderbox to make Nigeria toe the path of its predicted disintegration? I hope this movie will not have a Season II, I’ll cry if it does. As if it will bother them, am I the first to cry?
After watching this part of this movie, I thought about why Doctor would want to remove fuel subsidy? Diesel subsidy is gone now fuel is going, later kerosene subsidy will go too. Why does he want to bring back toll gates? I smell a rat, removal of subsidy is meant to improve infrastructure, and does that not include roads? Or why toll gates on our roads again? Oh, double taxation for the roads, so that they can be six lanes and in good shape. No, I concluded, Doctor is certainly delusional.
Re: Movie - The Transformation Of Nigerland. Season I by trw: 7:32pm On Dec 12, 2011
Nigeria is a land flowing with milk and honey

(1) (Reply)

Power Privatisation To Be Completed Q3 – Nnaji / FG Awards N2.6bn For Voter Cards To An Unknown Company With A 3-page Website / Photo: Jonathan And Obama Kissing Their Wives,who Did It Better? By Douglas Eze

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.