Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,872 members, 7,798,920 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 12:19 PM

Need Land For Large Scale Maize Farming - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Need Land For Large Scale Maize Farming (3185 Views)

Invest 100k And Make 50% Profit In 3 Months On Cassava/maize Farming / “I Make N2m Annually From Maize Farming” – 70 Year Old Man / 70-yr-old Farmer Makes N2m Annually From Maize Farming (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Need Land For Large Scale Maize Farming by grammy: 2:26pm On Dec 12, 2011
How can i get land from state government for commercial farming, i have been involved in maize farming and i believe it is good and there is room for growth if properly managed.

I have secured some equipments for the next planting season but i need land and i am talking about large area of land.

How can i get land free or cheaply from any state government in Nigeria?
What are the procedures and what is required?

I am looking for up to 100 hectares of arable land with a lease of 3 years. I have asked my partner in Nigeria to make some enquiries but the people he is meeting are reluctant and they keep posting him to come later but still no land. I have plan to expand to 100 hectares of corn plantation next year. And the problem now is LAND.

I will be very glad for any information that can help with this project, you can contact me via email also

alukosy@yahoo.com
Re: Need Land For Large Scale Maize Farming by i1: 2:52pm On Dec 12, 2011
just saw your posts, how much are you offering to lease the land per acre? and what state are you looking at? sincerely i dont think the state will give you land but i do know of villages that will give you land.
Re: Need Land For Large Scale Maize Farming by grammy: 6:48pm On Dec 12, 2011
@i.

Kindly send me an email and we can work this out, i am willing to lease the land but i need an offer first from anyone
Re: Need Land For Large Scale Maize Farming by page9(m): 9:59pm On Dec 12, 2011
@poster
You will do well if you concentrate your effort on securing lease of private land from village heads of communities you find conducive. If your interest is lagos, you may need to zero in on 3 local govts namely Badagry, Epe and Ikorodu are the only areas you can get arable land

State lands may be cheaper but govt officials will frustrate your attempt to get it except you know someone very high in ACN if the land falls within ACN controlled state.

But don't go with the mindset of getting the land free but some community may be willing to lease the land at ridiculously low fee provided you will generate employment for the villagers.
You may end up buying the land outrightly.

If you really want to do serious agric, lagos may not be your best bet because of the growing real estate
Market in Lagos. Most indigenes see land transactions as goldmine because of the value attached to land here compare to other states and when they lease to you, they are still looking for permanent buyers which may destabilise your long term planning.

Therefore, you will  get the land faster, cheaper and with long term lease. States like Oyo, Osun, Ondo, Ekiti, Kwara, Kogi etc should be explored and I know (God willing) someone somewhere will come to your assistance.

FYI beware of scammers who may want to take advantage of you to scam you. They will come asking you to call or send mail to them so they can lease race course-Tafawa Balewa Square and Teslim Balogun to you to do your farming! Shine your eyes o

If you take a visit to village heads in the states mentioned above, it won't be difficult to secure a very good arable land. Best of Luck!
Re: Need Land For Large Scale Maize Farming by page9(m): 10:56am On Dec 13, 2011
@poster
You will do well if you concentrate your effort on securing lease of private land from village heads of communities you find conducive. If your interest is lagos, you may need to zero in on 3 local govts namely Badagry, Epe and Ikorodu are the only areas you can get arable land in such quantity

State lands may be cheaper but govt officials will frustrate your attempt to get it except you know someone very high in ACN if the land falls within ACN controlled state.

But don't go with the mindset of getting the land free but some community may be willing to lease the land at ridiculously low fee provided you will generate employment for the villagers.
You may end up buying the land outrightly.

If you really want to do serious agric, lagos may not be your best bet because of the growing real estate
Market in Lagos. Most indigenes see land transactions as goldmine because of the value attached to land here compare to other states and when they lease to you, they are still looking for permanent buyers which may destabilise your long term planning.

Therefore, you will  get the land faster, cheaper and with long term lease.

States like Oyo, Osun, Ondo, Ekiti, Kwara, Kogi etc should be explored and I know (God willing) someone somewhere will come to your assistance.

FYI beware of scammers who may want to take advantage of you to scam you. They will come asking you to call or send mail to them so they can lease race course-Tafawa Balewa Square and Teslim Balogun to you to do your farming! Shine your eyes o

If you take a visit to village heads in the states mentioned above, it won't be difficult to secure a very good arable land. Best of Luck!
Re: Need Land For Large Scale Maize Farming by papapee: 9:03am On Jan 04, 2012
you can come over to ogun to see yourself ,no hide and seek game call architect on 07041368910
Re: Need Land For Large Scale Maize Farming by zenith2k9: 11:49pm On Jan 04, 2012
i.:

just saw your posts, how much are you offering to lease the land per acre? and what state are you looking at? sincerely i dont think the state will give you land but i do know of villages that will give you land.
@i kindly send ur contact details to zenith2k9@yahoo.com
I need to speak with u to discuss how u culd assist me in securing genuine farmlands since u av contacts already.

Thanks
Re: Need Land For Large Scale Maize Farming by papapee: 9:53am On Jan 05, 2012
acres lease for a year is 50,000 and hectares lease for a year is 650,000 no hide and seek you will see the place yourself and the villagers in charge your email is not going
Re: Need Land For Large Scale Maize Farming by zenith2k9: 11:58am On Jan 05, 2012
@papa pee, I need farmland for outright purchase, you can forward your contact details to my mail zenith2k9@yahoo.com so that we can talk about available opportunities
Re: Need Land For Large Scale Maize Farming by papapee: 12:23pm On Jan 05, 2012
sir your mail is not going please reach me on 07042465537.Thanks
Re: Need Land For Large Scale Maize Farming by Daffidson: 6:00pm On Sep 15, 2013
I need 10Hectares of arable land. Anybody with genuine info on how to get one may contact me at daffidson@yahoo.com
Re: Need Land For Large Scale Maize Farming by manmade(m): 10:20pm On Sep 15, 2013
Daffidson: I need 10Hectares of arable land. Anybody with genuine info on how to get one may contact me at daffidson@yahoo.com
I can get it for u in kwara @ a very low price ,let me know if u are interested.
Re: Need Land For Large Scale Maize Farming by Daffidson: 10:57pm On Sep 15, 2013
manmade: I can get it for u in kwara @ a very low price ,let me know if u are interested.

.....I want it around lagos or ogun state
Re: Need Land For Large Scale Maize Farming by Daffidson: 11:34pm On Sep 15, 2013
@ manmade... Thank you. But I would need it around Lagos/Ogun for next maize planting season.
Re: Need Land For Large Scale Maize Farming by Ib10001: 7:34am On Sep 16, 2013
[quote author=manmade] I can get it for u in kwara @ a very low price ,let me know if u are interested.which part of kwara is the land located;is it an aerable land(agric land) or forest;how much per hectare
Re: Need Land For Large Scale Maize Farming by Originalsly: 8:38am On Sep 16, 2013
Hmmm....Just curious....would your crop be genetically modified corn? I hope not since you would be contaminating and wiping out natural corn in the region....like in South America. Just concerned.
Re: Need Land For Large Scale Maize Farming by manmade(m): 3:30pm On Sep 17, 2013
[quote author=Ib10001][/quote] the land is arable land located in ogbodoronko along AFON village about 40minutes drive from Ilorin, it goes for 60k per plot {50ft x 100ft} i.e about 8plots will be in an hectare and there is forest land that is even cheaper it will cost only 50K per plots the same measurement and xtra 3k[negotiable] per plot for the magaji of the area .I can also help u get in Amoyo 12 to 15 minutes drive from ilorin it will only cost more- its around 120k to 140k per plot .
Re: Need Land For Large Scale Maize Farming by manmade(m): 3:31pm On Sep 17, 2013
Daffidson: @ manmade... Thank you. But I would need it around Lagos/Ogun for next maize planting season.
ok
Re: Need Land For Large Scale Maize Farming by Emkay2(m): 8:35am On Oct 22, 2013
papa pee: acres lease for a year is 50,000 and hectares lease for a year is 650,000 no hide and seek you will see the place yourself and the villagers in charge your email is not going

you are a thief!!!
Re: Need Land For Large Scale Maize Farming by Adinije(f): 2:50pm On Oct 22, 2013
how much is land lease in SE precisely Anambra east
Re: Need Land For Large Scale Maize Farming by stagger: 5:23pm On Oct 22, 2013
papa pee: acres lease for a year is 50,000 and hectares lease for a year is 650,000 no hide and seek you will see the place yourself and the villagers in charge your email is not going

Robber!

(1) (Reply)

Nafdac Registration / Do This High Return Business,you Wont Regret It. / Business Plan On Waste Management And Recycling

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.