Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,312 members, 7,808,051 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:04 AM

Investment Or Savings? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Investment Or Savings? (3687 Views)

Beware Of Mcdave Investment Or M C D A V E I N V E S T M E N T . C O M / What Investment Or Business Can Double My 500k In A Month / Dangote Flour Plc. A Good Investment Or Not? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Investment Or Savings? by Ladapo(m): 8:30pm On Sep 28, 2007
Hello House,

How long have u been working? which do u think is better? Investment, savings or corporative societies. If you fell investment is better,what are the best forms of investment you will advice a friend that earns 80 -100k a month to do?

Personally, I feel if you are earning up to 80 - 100k, u shld save at least 20k monthly, and invest at least 30k monthly. waht do u think?

1 Like

Re: Investment Or Savings? by eniyan(m): 9:04pm On Sep 28, 2007
Congrats you earn that much. Go to church, thank God for having mercy on you. Pay your one tenth - you don't want to be a robber of God, do you? And help your fellow brothers and sisters. You can invest in various business such as the property market, stock market etc.
Re: Investment Or Savings? by touche(m): 9:10pm On Sep 28, 2007
Definitions:

Saving: Making banks richer (they invest your money).

(Wise) Investment: Making yourself richer.

My advice, invest:
-forex trading
-club freedom
-getaway club
Re: Investment Or Savings? by kentoma: 9:11pm On Sep 28, 2007
Hello,i feel it depends on what kind of load you are carrying at present.What i mean is that,have you got large responsibilities that includes having a family i.e a wife and child(ren),or you are just single?to me i feel both are really relevant,in the sense that you save in case you run out of cash,but you invest because of tomorrow which may feel like your retirement benefitsAnd in terms of investments you can get a stockbroker who will put you through on what shares,stock or bond to buy.You will be surprised at the outcome over a period of say 10,20 years.I hope i have answered your question not minding my use of english
Re: Investment Or Savings? by easimoni(m): 9:43pm On Sep 28, 2007
touche:

Definitions:

Saving: Making banks richer (they invest your money).

(Wise) Investment: Making yourself richer.

[s]My advice, invest:
-forex trading
-club freedom
-getaway club[/s]

Invest? Yes. In Forex/Club Freedom/Gateway? HELL NO!

Pay your tithe (it is a question of love not "robbing God"wink if you are a xtian and invest as much as possible in the stock market. Be sure to educate yourself first and be prepared to wait 12+ months for sure returns. Plug into the stock market threads for good advice.
Re: Investment Or Savings? by Etin(f): 10:11pm On Sep 28, 2007
Saving or Investing? They are both important.

Investment would make you more money but your funds are usually tied, and not readily accessible i.e If you had only houses and shares and needed 10,000 naira in 6hours, how quickly can you convert either of these popular investments to cash with out borrowing?

Savings, on the other hand, is important for that rainy day; it might not be a crisis but any routine expense which you would normally be able to afford, except this time your cash flow (income) was delayed by circumstance beyond your control.

In building our financial empires lets not forget the importance of Cashflow - A balance between savings and investments is always healthy. It is not wise to have millions worth of assets and be floored by a simple bill in hundreds.
Re: Investment Or Savings? by ulohomuno: 10:22pm On Sep 28, 2007
i really get surprise the way most so called christian paint God as a sadist- there is no burden in christianity that is why i am one and i always pray to God to keep me going, christianity has no compulsion absolutely there is no compulsion in this religion. somebody ask question on how to invest you are talking about tithe. what is tithe? do you think God loves your money or your soul.

For God sake the guy need an advice , and i  aslo click this thread to see the advice of experience people not some fanatics.

the bible teaches us to invest. me i do invest for any time i travel or have an income outside my monthly pay even if it 5000 i pay it straight to my account with my broker and if i don't have any stock in mind i instuct him to buy in penny stock. why my structured savings go into researched stocks.

any thing forex, diamond club and the ibadan stuff even sefteg and co, don't go into them brother. but always keep some liquid cash in bank. it help. I built upon a certain amount in my saving account which serve as buffer becos attimes you spend more thatn your income especially if you have junior ones or people who look up to you.
Re: Investment Or Savings? by xyoung: 10:30pm On Sep 28, 2007
hi fellan,you dont need to save nothing
wat u have to do is to squander,lavish everything cos life is short so enjoy urself b4 u die.no nid 2 invest
Re: Investment Or Savings? by dwanna1(m): 10:46pm On Sep 28, 2007
xyoung

hi fellan,you don't need to save nothing
what u have to do is to squander,lavish everything because life is short so enjoy yourself before u die.no nid 2 invest

u think life is a child's play.if dats wat u do keep it up.
Re: Investment Or Savings? by stone4rock(m): 11:54pm On Sep 28, 2007
Wat i think and personally do is investing mostly in stocks, though kinda long term investment but to some extent your money is safe and secured and make sure you keep some cash aside 4 some miscellaneous and unexpected expenses dat may crop up.
though i wouldn't advice u to invest in forex, but i have 50% of my wealth on forex trading and is working 4 me, well i guess it's working cos i do d trading myself but i need to tell u it's time consuming getting an accurate trend 2 trade on.
Try buy into Dangote flour mills, i guess its been extended to 10th of oct.
Fidelity Bank offer is out.
international breweries is on.
NAHCO is out as well
AfriBank will be out very soon.
I think dis info will do u gud, and make sure u invest only on full confirmation on the beneficial ones, remember is not all shares u buy.
if u really need more info on stocks IPO and subsequent penny stocks , just drop a msg on d forum board. (though am not a broker)
I wish u well.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Investment Or Savings? by Ladapo(m): 9:28am On Sep 29, 2007
Stone4rock,

I really appreciate that contribution, you are one of the few reasonable fellas we still have around the house.
Re: Investment Or Savings? by mekoyo(m): 11:39am On Sep 29, 2007
Invest Invest Invest
Re: Investment Or Savings? by mdjo(m): 2:30pm On Sep 29, 2007
@What to Invest IN: My brother are so many things to invest in on the internet, and as we all i know, you don't need any sermon on how to invest, all you need to do brother is pay your tithe as the Lord has demanded and look out for things that you can take around and transact in yourself, The Money Small To Put for Capital Market.
I have a proposal though but let me know what you decide first.
ayoojurongbe@gmail.com
Re: Investment Or Savings? by skintom77: 3:24pm On Sep 29, 2007
hello nairlandder
i went thru all the replies to the post by ladapo and my advice is this:first and foremost thank GOD for the monthly income,remember to pay ur tithe if you r a xtian and put aside a little money in a savings account which can later be moved to a fixed deposit account once you can build it up to 100k because you will get more interest there and besides it can be liquidated anytime then put what you have left in investments-stocks,shares if you want to be an active investor or a good mutual fund if you are a passive investor.
afta a while diversify and put some money in real estate.this will help cushion against the volatility of the money and capital markets
cheers
Re: Investment Or Savings? by slim49z(m): 4:06pm On Sep 29, 2007
Hello Ladapo,

I like the way you asked for guidance in the forum. Coz a man is not an island on his ownself.

I go with what stone4rock said above about stock market and forex. But be careful with that. You need serious learning to do if you wanna go into forex. Its time consuming to know how the shinding works.

There 're also some stable investments to be made online if it would intrest you. But you got to know how to separate the birds from the fowls grin

I wish you luck anyway in wtever you choose to do.

Good luck to us all.
Slim wink
Re: Investment Or Savings? by netotse(m): 9:49pm On Sep 29, 2007
@poster u didnt give enuff info as per
are u married?
what r ur plans?
when do u want to retire? and stuff like that
i'm like 22 so i dont have that many commitments(save my gelfriend grin) so i can save more which places me in a better position
cos i want to retire early
and as for the stock market thingy d person to holla @ is easimoni tho the best thing is to read the stock trading tips
the link is https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-31554.2880.html (it'll be best if u read as many of the old posts as possible;i'm trying to read all of them grin) anyway sha all the best in ur future endeavours!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Investment Or Savings? by niyyie(m): 10:52am On Sep 30, 2007
Choosing between investment or saving will depend on your circumstance. A combination of both is the best, in my humble opinion.
Re: Investment Or Savings? by keneff: 2:53pm On Sep 30, 2007
uhulomono or what do u call ur self, i can see that u are not a christian u only pretend to be one, if u are have benn reading ur bible u will know that God made tithe paying a compulsory and which after that the reward that comes is so wonderful and even more than investing.
hello my advice is pay ur tithe and go into investment
Re: Investment Or Savings? by spaceworld: 7:47am On Oct 01, 2007
oga ladipo,
Well, i want you to give God the glory first, but mine liitle advice is that u can invest and save at the same time, but if u are not financially discipline you will hardly actually ur goals, so be financially discipline. Monies set for savings save it monies for investment invest it, monies or budget meant for up keeping and micellenous, don't go beyond it, if circumstance warant u to over shoot ur budget, strealine in the subsequent month to recover it.

stay bless
Re: Investment Or Savings? by Nobody: 2:36am On Oct 02, 2007
Save for emergency first and foremost.

Have at least 6 months of living expenses saved up in a fluid account that can be withdrawn anytime for "eventualities"

Then invest wisely.

The best financial advice I ever got was summarised as

"live well below your means,that is the only way to accumulate wealth"
Re: Investment Or Savings? by Ndipe(m): 4:25am On Oct 02, 2007
@Nwando, I disagree with the saying, "Live well below your means". What is the essence of working if you can't reap the fruits of your labor. I don't live an extravagant life, but I wont deprive myself of buying nice things for myself, or going out to eat, simply because I want to stash some funds for a 'rainy day'. Set aside some money for a rainy day, invest in the stock market, mutual funds, and at the same time, live comfortably with your resources.
Re: Investment Or Savings? by marjson(m): 8:19am On Oct 02, 2007
pal,dont even try all this network thing,they are nothing but a gamble.Go to the stock and share thread, i bet it with you thats the best place to invest your money, here you would invest and your mind will be at rest than investing in netwok rubbish and be gven yourself high blood pressure if you cant meet your donwlines,
Re: Investment Or Savings? by dodowaski(f): 1:17pm On Oct 02, 2007
Investment.
Re: Investment Or Savings? by PrinceT2: 1:33pm On Oct 02, 2007
Ladapo,
I think the wise thing you can do is to seek for advice which you did.It shows you are wise,if you are a xtian i will advice you to pay your tithe so that it won't be tight for you in life and for God to open more doors to you.Then pay yourself first at least 10percent by building your saving to invest in stocks,real estate and then leave little amount of money for your upkeep and some unforseen contigencies.As you do this you will find yourself on success ladder.Cheers.
Re: Investment Or Savings? by wanaj0: 2:20pm On Oct 02, 2007
Look like a simple question but no easy answer.

What I would suggest you do is to develop a financial plan that will take you from where you are now to where you want to be in 5, 10, 15 years etc.

There is no 'one financial plan' for every man. The plan will have to be tailored to your peculiar situation.

As a general rule, you move from the level of savings to investment. That is you start to save first. Out of your savings you start to invest. Type of investment that you go to is a function of age, status, risk profile etc.
Re: Investment Or Savings? by tkb417(m): 2:32pm On Oct 02, 2007
invest for some few years and pull out whatever you have garnered to start your own company.
U know why? the more you live, the more your expenses and gradually, you wont have enough to save talk less of investing.

So invest now that you dont have commitments and pull out in few years.
Re: Investment Or Savings? by funmeme(f): 4:18pm On Oct 02, 2007
my brada, time waits 4 no man pls do the two God will crown our efforts. grin
Re: Investment Or Savings? by Nobody: 5:38pm On Oct 02, 2007
Ndipe:

@Nwando, I disagree with the saying, "Live well below your means". What is the essence of working if you can't reap the fruits of your labor. I don't live an extravagant life, but I wont deprive myself of buying nice things for myself, or going out to eat, simply because I want to stash some funds for a 'rainy day'. Set aside some money for a rainy day, invest in the stock market, mutual funds, and the same time, live comfortably with your resources.

Yo may be planning on working the rest of your life,I'm not.
Whatever works for you though

Get and read the book

"The millionaire nextdoor"

living below your means doesn't mean drinking garri and driving a 1977 oldsmobile.
Re: Investment Or Savings? by netotse(m): 9:52pm On Oct 02, 2007
lol, 'live well below ur means' sounds like plenty english for be stingy but i get his(nwando's) point, wot he means is simply that cos u can spend Nx on something doesnt mean u shld,
a fun illustration i once heard was,
when i started work i could afford one sharwarma erday(of crse it wasn't enuff) then boys got promoted and then i cld afford two and it was enuff for a while but eventually i'd still end up hungry afta the two, (get it?)
Re: Investment Or Savings? by afolayangs(m): 9:19am On Oct 03, 2007
Invest in stock mkts, discovery fund or time depoist with banks
Re: Investment Or Savings? by shakasha: 2:23pm On Oct 03, 2007
Well I think it's more than wise to invest especially in stocks if u get a good mentoring on the rudiments. For things like Club Freedom and the rest, people should know it's all pyramid marketing and could possibly get saturated. so be careful with them!!
Re: Investment Or Savings? by blackchief(m): 3:45pm On Oct 03, 2007
suggestion if you make =N=100,000.

monthly contribution on cooperative for one year 35,000 x12 =420,000.00
use at the end of the year
30% (126,000) in mutual fund (pension plan)
30% (126,000) in stock (through broker)
30% (126,000) in saves account
10% (42,000) on charity work etc

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fiberone Broadband Internet Fraudulent Broadband Service / Free Powerful Tools to Make me between $1000 -$2000 per month / Make "Cool Cash" With Your Mobilephone Directly Into Your 9ja Bank Account

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.