Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,326 members, 7,808,099 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:12 AM

Sani Abacha was honest & one of Nigeria's best ever leaders. - Politics (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sani Abacha was honest & one of Nigeria's best ever leaders. (97647 Views)

Poll: I now believe Abacha may have been honest and Obasanjo / IBB deliberately discredited Abacha's name, because:

His economic performance was on of best in Nigeria's history: 9% (1 vote)
PDP cronies - Abubakar Bagunu & Buba Marwa seem to be the people to link Abacha to the looted funds in Swiss banks appear to have been bribed by Obasanjo Govt to accuse Abacha: 9% (1 vote)
No witnesses appear to to give evidence against Abacha when Swiss lawyers came to Nigeria to collect evidence: 0% (0 votes)
Abdulsalami Abubakar /IBB/Obasanjo instigating a blind probe od=f Abacha and "discovering" billions of dollars in foreign accounts within days of Abacha's death prove they were out to discredit Abacha: 0% (0 votes)
None of above - I believe Abacha was a major looter: 81% (9 votes)
This poll has ended

Poll: Having read this thread, I believe that Abacha

May not have looted, his enemies bribed witnesses such as Abubakar Bagudu, claim that funds in foreign accounts belonged to Abacha: 9% (1 vote)
I believe Abacha was a big looter and I haveevidence other than the accusation that money "recovered" from Foreign banks belonged to him: 54% (6 votes)
I am not sure anymore: 36% (4 votes)
This poll has ended

How Sani Abacha Died…AL Mustapha. NOT BY APPLE / How Abacha Was Poisoned - Another Version / How Abacha Was Killed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sani Abacha was honest & one of Nigeria's best ever leaders. by anulaxad(m): 3:25pm On Nov 10, 2012
why are you doing this ok i am an economist who works with the British government and in secondary school in England the second year they learn about this mans crazy genocide mate it only takes one year to develop Nigeria he destroyed he did not do nothing i don't want to argue with you there's videos and pictures of himself killing innocent people and hold yes obasanjo did bring democracy back go learn some history about Nigeria then come back when you learn a bit and stop posting your corrupt newspaper articles it's just a waste of time.you can not compare the western world to a African black leader the African of course is lying and is more corrupt.and wiki leaks never lies so check it out and go watch documentaries about sani abacha and how democracy reached Nigeria. Becuase obasanjo wanted democracy and wole Soyinka and other great nobles like abiola they were thrown in jail by this evil human and you are here talking crap. abiola lost his life because abacha was scared and was a coward if that the elections went through abiola will win. obasanjo may be corrupt but fighting corruption was not his thing it was democracy and he brought it. abacha killed nigeria he took away the culture of Nigerians protesting when they fell threatened and if they have a problem but its slowly coming back. angry
Re: Sani Abacha was honest & one of Nigeria's best ever leaders. by Nobody: 6:52pm On Nov 10, 2012
^
I have backed up all I have stated with evidence.

Show us some evidence to support your views.

It would benefit you take some time and actually read the posts on this thread, it would give you a quantum leap in knowledge about the truth of Abacha's rule

anulaxad: why are you doing this ok i am an economist who works with the British government and in secondary school in England the second year they learn about this mans crazy genocide mate it only takes one year to develop Nigeria he destroyed he did not do nothing i don't want to argue with you there's videos and pictures of himself killing innocent people and hold yes obasanjo did bring democracy back go learn some history about Nigeria then come back when you learn a bit and stop posting your corrupt newspaper articles it's just a waste of time.you can not compare the western world to a African black leader the African of course is lying and is more corrupt.and wiki leaks never lies so check it out and go watch documentaries about sani abacha and how democracy reached Nigeria. Becuase obasanjo wanted democracy and wole Soyinka and other great nobles like abiola they were thrown in jail by this evil human and you are here talking crap. abiola lost his life because abacha was scared and was a coward if that the elections went through abiola will win. obasanjo may be corrupt but fighting corruption was not his thing it was democracy and he brought it. abacha killed nigeria he took away the culture of Nigerians protesting when they fell threatened and if they have a problem but its slowly coming back. angry

Re: Sani Abacha was honest & one of Nigeria's best ever leaders. by anulaxad(m): 12:06pm On Nov 11, 2012
listen you go on youtube and watch documentaries about independence genocides and democracy and you will be surprised what you will see i have a enough evidence me im a victim of this man so shut your mouth about evidence and when you watch all these videos the are really easy to find just type Nigeria and what the views i have and when you see or hear what people who witnessed what happened and who saw there family being killed by this man rolling in a jeep with the police killing innocent people in the villages they invaded and also people who protested. i will not argue with you know may GOD bless your soul and forgive you for your ignorance.and yes i have been taught about this man when i was in secondary school in lewisham London .and the curriculum is still teaching horrible famous genocides like this man doing.this arguement has officially ended lipsrsealed im a very young success story.
Re: Sani Abacha was honest & one of Nigeria's best ever leaders. by Nobody: 12:24pm On Nov 11, 2012
^ exactly how young are you? I you do not mind me asking?
Re: Sani Abacha was honest & one of Nigeria's best ever leaders. by anulaxad(m): 7:59am On Nov 12, 2012
26 is that alright for you
Re: Sani Abacha was honest & one of Nigeria's best ever leaders. by Nobody: 9:59pm On Nov 18, 2012
^ You were 12 or 13 years old when Abacha died.

clearly you like most people on NL are not old enough to assess Abacha's govt from personal experience or memory.

It is also not surprising that you have formed your opinion based on the anti- Abacha propaganda by Obasanjo and the press aimed at dicreditng and demonising Abacha.

This thread would tell you the truth about the Abacha regime - which happened to be one of the least corrupt and best performing governments in our history. Please take time to read the evidence and articles posted on this thread.
Re: Sani Abacha was honest & one of Nigeria's best ever leaders. by anulaxad(m): 10:39pm On Nov 18, 2012
i studied his case 10 years ago and please why do you like trouble so much i'm not nigerianised or have your mentality i think much better than an average Nigerian i'm born and raised in England and so is my father and when i was growing up there was so much negativity about that man and things i saw on news you wouldn't believe so don't stand and talk like he was a good guy money is still being found across the world in his foreign accounts and don't try blame people who he thrown in jail example obj his the problem of Nigeria not ibb or obj him sani abacha now grow up and think and stop arguing with an economist who knows downfall and growing strengths of countries. sad and you must think 12 or 13 year olds are not smart maybe in Nigeria where the education systems make you and educated illiterate but not where i live kids could takes gcse at that age in England if they want.
Re: Sani Abacha was honest & one of Nigeria's best ever leaders. by Nobody: 1:15am On Nov 19, 2012
^
I am afraid to tell you that what ever study you carried out 10years ago when you were 16 years old was clearly flawed and based on mis-information and propaganda aimed at discrediting Abacha.

I ask you yet again, take time and read this thread and you would learn the truth.

Re: Sani Abacha was honest & one of Nigeria's best ever leaders. by anulaxad(m): 8:27pm On Nov 19, 2012
your an arrogant person just shut up and go ask dad about sani abcha lipsrsealed say no more
Re: Sani Abacha was honest & one of Nigeria's best ever leaders. by Nobody: 12:17am On Nov 20, 2012
[size=18pt]The Re-emergence Of Abacha[/size]
Abba Mahmood's picture
Wed, 14/11/2012 - 11:51pm | ABBA MAHMOOD

The Thursday Column

General Sani Abacha died on June 8, 1998. He first came to national limelight when he announced the overthrow of the civilian administration of President Shehu Shagari on December 31,1983. He subsequently emerged as general officer commanding, 2nd Division, Ibadan; chief of army staff when General Babangida emerged as president after the overthrow of Gen. Buhari in 1985; chief of defence staff and minister of defence before becoming head of state and commander-in-chief of the armed forces from November 17, 1993, to the day he died in 1998.

He was the first four- star general who never jumped any rank before attaining that rank. From 1984 till he died, he was serving at the highest level of decision-making, perhaps the longest Nigerian to do that at a stretch for more than a decade.

Abacha was one of the most maligned leaders Nigeria has ever produced. He was not only criticized for human rights abuses but also for corruption with the famous “Abacha loot”, which has paled into insignificance because there were treasury looters of trillions in the subsequent administrations.

He served at the highest decision-making level of government for 14 years as member and subsequently chairman of the ruling military council; now 14 years after his death, his name has come back to national limelight.

First, Abacha’s name reappeared recently - on October 1, 2012 - in President Jonathan’s home state of Bayelsa at the marking of the anniversary of the creation of the state by the Abacha regime, during which the current governor, Seriake Dickson, praised Abacha to high heavens. He said anybody could hold any views on the late Abacha but, to them, he was a hero who created a homogenous state for the Ijaw in the heartland of the Niger Delta of Nigeria.

The last six states created by the Abacha administration - Bayelsa, Ebonyi, Ekiti Gombe, Nasarawa and Zamfara - are some of the most viable and therefore most deserving. Abacha was a patriot who never had time for bigotry or ethnicity. For instance, his service chiefs – army, Gen Ishaya Bamaiyi; navy, Admiral Mike Akhigbe and air force, Air Marshal Nsikak Eduok -- were all not only Christians but from what is known as minority ethnic groups.

He only saw competent Nigerians to work with regardless of the fact that two of these three are from the Niger Delta. This was in addition to the fact that his petroleum minister Dan Etete, foreign affairs minister Tom Ikimi and finance minister Anthony Ani were all from the same south-south zone!

Secondly, when the federal government refused to go to the International Court of Justice (ICJ) to seek a review of the unfortunate October 9, 2002, judgement by the ICJ which ceded Nigeria’s Bakassi peninsula to Cameroun till the 10-year period expired on October 9, this year, many people took to the streets in Calabar denouncing the federal government. Some carried placards which had “Abacha, Our Hero” on them.

Anytime anyone does any act in the national interest, however long it takes, there will be acknowledgement, if not immediate then certainly later. Abacha took active and effective possession to the Bakassi peninsula. He not only stationed Nigerian troops there to protect Nigerian citizens from occasional hostile acts of Cameroun but actually gave the peninsula local government status.

Thus, Bakassi is one of the 774 local government areas in the Nigerian constitution which has not yet been changed to this day.

Moreover, the ICJ ruling has not been domesticated by the National Assembly, so it is not binding on Nigeria; thus the ICJ judgement does not have any force of law here. The federal government ought not to have accorded it any recognition as such.

In any case, Cameroun is the most hostile neighbor Nigeria has, and they do not have any pretence on this. For instance, I can’t remember if Paul Biya, the Camerounian president for the past 30 years, has ever paid a state visit to Nigeria. Why are we pretending, that with this obvious contempt in which they hold our country, in spite of our enormous goodwill to them over the years, that they will ever like us even if we surrender all our territory to them, God forbid?

Abacha did not stop there. He took other diplomatic measures to give effect to all these patriotic moves. Knowing that Cameroun was claiming the area and had taken the case to ICJ, and considering the fact that the then ICJ president was a French citizen and Cameroun a francophone country, Abacha started attending Franco-Africa summits, knowing that Nigeria is surrounded by French colonies, and made it clear that if France allowed any anti-Nigeria judgement French investments in Nigeria would suffer.

And this was not a small matter, considering the fact that French investments in Nigeria were greater than almost the entire French investments in francophone Africa!

By this ill-advised and really unfortunate decision of the federal government not to seek a review of the Bakassi case at the ICJ, when we are legally allowed to do so under the UN Charter, our compatriots on the peninsula are now like bats. If they remain on their ancestral land where they have their farmlands and have buried their navels and ancestors, they become stateless because they would be Nigerians on Camerounian territory.

And if they are asked to vacate the peninsula, where else will they be given land, since every land is owned by a community and we already have many conflicts over land ownership? So they will be landless. Either way, this is not good for one of the most peaceful people not only in the Niger Delta but indeed in the country.

If Nigeria had requested a review, at least we would be buying time – it might take so many years to conclude, within which we could take some diplomatic initiatives to think of a peaceful way of resolving the matter, such as asking for a referendum for the people to determine where they want to be, since self-determination is a principle recognised universally.

It is very clear that Bakassi people are proud Nigerians and this is not the best way to abandon them to a bad fate. If there is anything Nigeria can do, President Jonathan should please do so immediately and explore every means in the interest of peace, stability and national sovereignty. Arise O Compatriots! God save Nigeria.

http://www.leadership.ng/nga/columns/40092/2012/11/14/reemergence_abacha.html
Re: Sani Abacha was honest & one of Nigeria's best ever leaders. by anulaxad(m): 8:06am On Nov 20, 2012
have you asked your dad about how he feels about this man huh have you asked any old person huh was you even alive or in Nigeria when this was happening
you cant be doing this your offending allot people if you have some self respect just admit your wrong the guy killed people by himself cold blooded by himself
so don't stand and talk like did anything good now go and ask old people what they think of this.
Re: Sani Abacha was honest & one of Nigeria's best ever leaders. by Nobody: 5:45pm On Nov 21, 2012
^^
GenBuhari: ^ You were 12 or 13 years old when Abacha died.

clearly you like most people on NL are not old enough to assess Abacha's govt from personal experience or memory.

It is also not surprising that you have formed your opinion based on the anti- Abacha propaganda by Obasanjo and the press aimed at dicreditng and demonising Abacha.

This thread would tell you the truth about the Abacha regime - which happened to be one of the least corrupt and best performing governments in our history. Please take time to read the evidence and articles posted on this thread.

Re: Sani Abacha was honest & one of Nigeria's best ever leaders. by anulaxad(m): 4:58pm On Nov 22, 2012
your f....ing ignorant you must be his son angry
Re: Sani Abacha was honest & one of Nigeria's best ever leaders. by Nobody: 7:13pm On Nov 22, 2012
^^
GenBuhari: [size=18pt]The Re-emergence Of Abacha[/size]
Abba Mahmood's picture
Wed, 14/11/2012 - 11:51pm | ABBA MAHMOOD

The Thursday Column

General Sani Abacha died on June 8, 1998. He first came to national limelight when he announced the overthrow of the civilian administration of President Shehu Shagari on December 31,1983. He subsequently emerged as general officer commanding, 2nd Division, Ibadan; chief of army staff when General Babangida emerged as president after the overthrow of Gen. Buhari in 1985; chief of defence staff and minister of defence before becoming head of state and commander-in-chief of the armed forces from November 17, 1993, to the day he died in 1998.

He was the first four- star general who never jumped any rank before attaining that rank. From 1984 till he died, he was serving at the highest level of decision-making, perhaps the longest Nigerian to do that at a stretch for more than a decade.

Abacha was one of the most maligned leaders Nigeria has ever produced. He was not only criticized for human rights abuses but also for corruption with the famous “Abacha loot”, which has paled into insignificance because there were treasury looters of trillions in the subsequent administrations.

He served at the highest decision-making level of government for 14 years as member and subsequently chairman of the ruling military council; now 14 years after his death, his name has come back to national limelight.

First, Abacha’s name reappeared recently - on October 1, 2012 - in President Jonathan’s home state of Bayelsa at the marking of the anniversary of the creation of the state by the Abacha regime, during which the current governor, Seriake Dickson, praised Abacha to high heavens. He said anybody could hold any views on the late Abacha but, to them, he was a hero who created a homogenous state for the Ijaw in the heartland of the Niger Delta of Nigeria.

The last six states created by the Abacha administration - Bayelsa, Ebonyi, Ekiti Gombe, Nasarawa and Zamfara - are some of the most viable and therefore most deserving. Abacha was a patriot who never had time for bigotry or ethnicity. For instance, his service chiefs – army, Gen Ishaya Bamaiyi; navy, Admiral Mike Akhigbe and air force, Air Marshal Nsikak Eduok -- were all not only Christians but from what is known as minority ethnic groups.

He only saw competent Nigerians to work with regardless of the fact that two of these three are from the Niger Delta. This was in addition to the fact that his petroleum minister Dan Etete, foreign affairs minister Tom Ikimi and finance minister Anthony Ani were all from the same south-south zone!

Secondly, when the federal government refused to go to the International Court of Justice (ICJ) to seek a review of the unfortunate October 9, 2002, judgement by the ICJ which ceded Nigeria’s Bakassi peninsula to Cameroun till the 10-year period expired on October 9, this year, many people took to the streets in Calabar denouncing the federal government. Some carried placards which had “Abacha, Our Hero” on them.

Anytime anyone does any act in the national interest, however long it takes, there will be acknowledgement, if not immediate then certainly later. Abacha took active and effective possession to the Bakassi peninsula. He not only stationed Nigerian troops there to protect Nigerian citizens from occasional hostile acts of Cameroun but actually gave the peninsula local government status.

Thus, Bakassi is one of the 774 local government areas in the Nigerian constitution which has not yet been changed to this day.

Moreover, the ICJ ruling has not been domesticated by the National Assembly, so it is not binding on Nigeria; thus the ICJ judgement does not have any force of law here. The federal government ought not to have accorded it any recognition as such.

In any case, Cameroun is the most hostile neighbor Nigeria has, and they do not have any pretence on this. For instance, I can’t remember if Paul Biya, the Camerounian president for the past 30 years, has ever paid a state visit to Nigeria. Why are we pretending, that with this obvious contempt in which they hold our country, in spite of our enormous goodwill to them over the years, that they will ever like us even if we surrender all our territory to them, God forbid?

Abacha did not stop there. He took other diplomatic measures to give effect to all these patriotic moves. Knowing that Cameroun was claiming the area and had taken the case to ICJ, and considering the fact that the then ICJ president was a French citizen and Cameroun a francophone country, Abacha started attending Franco-Africa summits, knowing that Nigeria is surrounded by French colonies, and made it clear that if France allowed any anti-Nigeria judgement French investments in Nigeria would suffer.

And this was not a small matter, considering the fact that French investments in Nigeria were greater than almost the entire French investments in francophone Africa!

By this ill-advised and really unfortunate decision of the federal government not to seek a review of the Bakassi case at the ICJ, when we are legally allowed to do so under the UN Charter, our compatriots on the peninsula are now like bats. If they remain on their ancestral land where they have their farmlands and have buried their navels and ancestors, they become stateless because they would be Nigerians on Camerounian territory.

And if they are asked to vacate the peninsula, where else will they be given land, since every land is owned by a community and we already have many conflicts over land ownership? So they will be landless. Either way, this is not good for one of the most peaceful people not only in the Niger Delta but indeed in the country.

If Nigeria had requested a review, at least we would be buying time – it might take so many years to conclude, within which we could take some diplomatic initiatives to think of a peaceful way of resolving the matter, such as asking for a referendum for the people to determine where they want to be, since self-determination is a principle recognised universally.

It is very clear that Bakassi people are proud Nigerians and this is not the best way to abandon them to a bad fate. If there is anything Nigeria can do, President Jonathan should please do so immediately and explore every means in the interest of peace, stability and national sovereignty. Arise O Compatriots! God save Nigeria.

http://www.leadership.ng/nga/columns/40092/2012/11/14/reemergence_abacha.html

Re: Sani Abacha was honest & one of Nigeria's best ever leaders. by Wadeoye(m): 7:37pm On Nov 22, 2012
The only good shining idea during Abacha was PTF - one of the reasons I am always on the side of Buhari.

GenBuhari, stop bringing up Abacha issue when it comes to Buhari - they are two different characters. Yes, he gave Buhari free hand to operate PTF but Buhari didnt trust him before joining his government - the reason Buhari gave him conditions for the appointment. I know Buhari might have seen a different Abacha after joining the government but Nigerians didnt see that - and how will they see it with the assasination of Kudirat, 1million man-match for his life presidency ambition. Abacha and probably the sycophants around him created the bad image that still persist in the mind of people till today.
Re: Sani Abacha was honest & one of Nigeria's best ever leaders. by Nobody: 1:42am On Nov 23, 2012
Abacha did not have to assassinate Mrs Kudirat Abiola.
He had just released her from detention when she was assassinated.

Why assassinate her whilst keeping Abiola alive in prison?

I believe that the same dark forces thateventually killed Abacha and Abiola were responsible.
Re: Sani Abacha was honest & one of Nigeria's best ever leaders. by anulaxad(m): 8:28am On Nov 23, 2012
look Nigeria's most corrupt politician was sani abcha who looted 250 billion naira who created a horrible genocide and sent police to assassinate people who protested or complained. the most uncorrupt politician of all time is obasanjo who removed Nigeria from the ten corrupt countries when he was in office last term and not only that he delivered us from evil (sani abacha) and of course gave us democracy.
Re: Sani Abacha was honest & one of Nigeria's best ever leaders. by Nobody: 4:18pm On Nov 23, 2012
^^

You have seriously got it back to front , it was Obasanjo that looted $200bn, Abacha never looted.
Re: Sani Abacha was honest & one of Nigeria's best ever leaders. by Nobody: 4:21pm On Nov 23, 2012
GenBuhari: Thank you.

Below is culled from post from thoth on another thread:

I have well documented reports of the role my country played in discrediting Abacha and also the roles two other European nations Switzerland and Leichtenstein(suprised ?) played as well. It is no secret in the intel community what promises was made to Abdusalami Abubakar to hand over to civilians.

It is also well documented how the CIA was visiting and arranging schemes with Obasanjo while he was at Andy Uba's residence in the USA during Abachas regime. At that everyone already knows that Obasanjo would be the next puppet president of Nigeria that MTN, exxon,Haliburton,IMF and others were meeting him and signing agreements with him even before he was made president. And the international intel comunity also knew that the character of Abacha would not exit without a fight so we knew whatever plan that was hatched for him must result in his death.

I would rather ask you these very simple questions:

[size=13pt]If Abacha has any substantial savings in a foreign bank why didn't the usa after leveling hundreds of sanctions on Nigeria and another thousand ban on Abacha did not freeze the money and all his assets as was done to other presidents ?
How come Abacha with all the sanctions against Nigeria and at $9 pb of crude and 1.6 million barrels per day crude production and without borrowing a cent from any bank was able to keep the dollar at 21 naira per dollar, accomplish vast social works and national projects and generally outperform Obasanjo and others whom were enjoying no sanctions, $75 per barrel, 2.5 million barrels daily crude output, borrowed billions of dollars from foreign banks ?

Howcome Nigeria was respected as a powerful figure in Africa and has the means to either persuade or coerce other african nations to Nigerias interest and suddenly lost that image after the death of Abacha ? Was it that keeping them in line was against european exploits ?

How quickly and easy was it for Cameroun to get the Bakassi penisula just after Abacha died ?

I am sorry all i can give you are questions not documents or audios, Nigerians are so simple minded that you have to force them to think for themselves.

Abacha may have done some favors but he has nothing in those banks.[/size]
Re: Sani Abacha was honest & one of Nigeria's best ever leaders. by anulaxad(m): 5:14pm On Nov 23, 2012
shut the bananas up im an economist who studied economics i studied at oxford and some days at at the the law institute of London college not an idiot or a c.u..t reads bloody newspapers and belives them i studied african economics and i should not be telling you this i work for a economy intrest loan group called daily bushiness and the business insider(news for business men) in my job it allows me to be always travelling i've been far east asia the americas of course europe and yes africa i have also been to ozzyland and the obj period is the best nigeria has ever had with corruption not buhari buhari is just a Chariscmic guy obasanjo removed put nigeria out of nearly massive debt. spent millions on fighting corrution and won by removing us out of the top ten coruupt nations by 2005 and then Jonathan has put us back at two. dont tell me im wrong go search up and about objs mission. Nigerian airways obansjos had too close the airways because they were old aircraft's and when demanded for more he had too pay for not only more crafts but for demolition of the planes. and he was fighting corruption so he wont be too stupid to obviously waste all that money on some silly airline.
Re: Sani Abacha was honest & one of Nigeria's best ever leaders. by Nobody: 6:42pm On Nov 23, 2012
Do you Know that under Abacha, Nigeria was listed by Obasanjo's own Transparency International as 27th most corrupt, and when Obasanjo took over he had made us the world's most corrupt in TI corruption ranking.

Under Abacha the govt was far less corrupt than the 27th position, but there had been a campaign by our enemies to demonise Abacha at the time.

This thread is full of hard evidence, people who blindly criticise with out evidence sound very ignorant and intellectually lazy.
Re: Sani Abacha was honest & one of Nigeria's best ever leaders. by anulaxad(m): 9:53pm On Nov 23, 2012
nigeria has never been the most corrupt country you are not making sense type in ten corrupt countries obsanjo spent millions and he removed us of the list when he was in power your pissing me off your a fob fresh of the boat your probably not even Nigerian im an ECONOMIST do i have to tell you a billion times i study mainly the African economy don't ignore the first time obj was president he did nothing and was lazy but the next term he delivered he believed in democracy and sani put him in jail watch the videos on youtube if you want anyway when the devil died obj gave Nigeria democracy obj removed Nigeria from the ten corrupt countries which sani put Nigeria at you bloody dick just read and believe im an ECONOMIST i know.your really making me angry you think i argue with illiterates like you its because its hurting me inside there's ignorant demons like you who are born evil and never like to know the truth and its because i care im telling you.
Re: Sani Abacha was honest & one of Nigeria's best ever leaders. by anulaxad(m): 10:02pm On Nov 23, 2012
wait and look at world war 1 and most historians who write about and tell us what happened and they were not even alive then but its because they study and have hard evidence and wait i was and educated british boy 13 who knew things and was alive when this evil human was alive i should have told how obj removed nigeria from the ten corrupt countries his story was one of the most biggest headline stories of those days he spent millions of pound (billions of naira)to restore this country he was a truthful guy he said Nigeria can never have light in a hundred years. sani abacha left Nigeria nearly bankrupt with him stealing so much.obj removed that corruption .gave us democracy and did his deed. so don't you stand there talk crap because you can and because you're allowed its not fair im an economist when you know what i am come pack i have full gcse a star in maths English science physics e.g phd in law and economics and i did a master degree for medicine but never took the chance to be a doctor e.g.and i did not f....ing study 8 to ten years so you can argue with me with some fraud newspaper. your ignorance is pissing me off angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Sani Abacha was honest & one of Nigeria's best ever leaders. by Nobody: 2:35am On Nov 24, 2012
^Unlike you, I can backup everything I say with evidence.

This BBC story about world corruption rankings in year 2000 after the first 12 months of Obasanjo's rule, it clearly states that from 27th most corrupt on the year Obj took office, Nigeria had become the most corrupt country in the world after just 12 months of Obasanjo's rule:

[size=18pt]13 September, 2000 - BBC News
Nigeria ranked most corrupt country in the world under Obasanjo, Nigeria was 27th before Obasanjo took office[/size]
An annual survey carried out by the Berlin-based Transparency International (TI) also grouped Angola, Cameroon, Kenya and Mozambique among the top 10 most corrupt.

The damning report was released as the Nigerian President Olusegun Obasanjo made an official visit to Britain pressing for reduction of the country's huge debts.

The world's Cleanest
Finland
Denmark
New Zealand
Sweden
Canada
Other countries in the most corrupt list were Yugoslavia, Ukraine, Indonesia, Russia and Azerbaijan.

Corruption cases
Last year Nigeria was rated as the 27th most corrupt country in the world.
But an investigation report released in July this year revealed massive misappropriation of public money by members of the national assembly.

Considering that the transitional Govt of Abubakar was considered to be corrupt and looted the federal reserves Abacha had built up before handing to Obj, one can assume Nigeria would have ranked even least corrupt Abacha under than the 27th position in 1999 when Obj took over.

Very interesting that it is very difficult to find a published corruption rating of Nigeria under Abacha between 1995 and 1997, could this be that it was too good and does not fit in with the campaign to demonise Abacha.

https://www.nairaland.com/693700/chinua-achebe-blames-president-obasanjo/11
Re: Sani Abacha was honest & one of Nigeria's best ever leaders. by anulaxad(m): 9:27am On Nov 24, 2012
are you pissing me off on purpose first tweleve motnhs he removed us from the list at 2005 five you stupid ignorant devil mothersuckmysillycocker.
Re: Sani Abacha was honest & one of Nigeria's best ever leaders. by anulaxad(m): 9:29am On Nov 24, 2012
it was bloody number 3 when he got into power because abacha you write these newspapers yourself . you c..t
Re: Sani Abacha was honest & one of Nigeria's best ever leaders. by anulaxad(m): 9:41am On Nov 24, 2012
your arguing with me a guy who has a PHD IN LAW you stupid Nigerian you aint even Nigerian your too evil and ruthless you care about your opinion and don't give a damn about anyone's else s your what nairaland doesn't need i have too nice you can not be still backing an evil human wheres theres proof of money being found in his house in his bank accounts and him killing people and people telling us writing poems of how he would come on the village in his rover and kill people just like that people suffered in those that was one the major reasons so many Nigerians fled to Europe america and so much migration. and there could have not be anyone else who stole the money and could try and blame him because they were all locked in jail example obj. im not argue with newspapers saying i have no evidence you think i make this things im not sick in the head like you go hell and meet your dad sani abacha people like don't deserve to be alive im an ECONOMIST that's enough evidence to talk about the a countries economy and more.
Re: Sani Abacha was honest & one of Nigeria's best ever leaders. by Nobody: 2:06pm On Nov 24, 2012
^ Why all the profanity?

Are you upset because you could not find any evidence /websites to support your claim?

Height of ignorance is ignoring knowledge and information that is offered to you. How sad for you sad
Re: Sani Abacha was honest & one of Nigeria's best ever leaders. by anulaxad(m): 6:22pm On Nov 24, 2012
look im not going to waste my time just go on the YouTube or something don't waste time im not angry im just pissed off

people you can go hell Bleep your dad sani abacha
you worship the devil you illuminati i hope you change bye no more commenting this arguemnet is over and you can continue writing and making up your news shitdick
Re: Sani Abacha was honest & one of Nigeria's best ever leaders. by Nobody: 4:14am On Nov 25, 2012
^^
I agree with you , I think it would be for the best if you stop commenting.
Re: Sani Abacha was honest & one of Nigeria's best ever leaders. by Nobody: 2:28am On Dec 07, 2012
even the fact that Abacha chose Buhari for PTF and Buhari accepted should tell you that Abacha was not interested in corruption. Can you say the same for 8years of Obasanjjo and subseuent PDP govts?

There was no proof Abacha was attempting life presidency. He was being pressured to return to democracy before he felt the country was ready, He wanted to transform to a democratic president. I would I have supported him knowing what I know today.
Wadeoye: The only good shining idea during Abacha was PTF - one of the reasons I am always on the side of Buhari.

GenBuhari, stop bringing up Abacha issue when it comes to Buhari - they are two different characters. Yes, he gave Buhari free hand to operate PTF but Buhari didnt trust him before joining his government - the reason Buhari gave him conditions for the appointment. I know Buhari might have seen a different Abacha after joining the government but Nigerians didnt see that - and how will they see it with the assasination of Kudirat, 1million man-match for his life presidency ambition. Abacha and probably the sycophants around him created the bad image that still persist in the mind of people till today.
Re: Sani Abacha was honest & one of Nigeria's best ever leaders. by Nobody: 7:39am On Dec 13, 2012
smiley

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

Kamala Harris' Niece, Meena Is Married To A Nigerian, Nicolas Ajagu / Bayelsa Rerun: Governorship Election Results - LIVE UPDATES / Rivers: Updates At The Supreme Court Wike Vs Dakuku

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 129
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.