Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,569 members, 7,809,081 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:33 PM

Ikeja City Mall At Alausa - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Ikeja City Mall At Alausa (37359 Views)

Accra Gets First ‘chop Bar’ Mall At Achimota / Heritage Mall At Dugbe Ibadan,oyo State Burn Beyond Recognition / Help! What's Rent Like For a Retail Space at SilverBird, The Palms And City Mall? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ikeja City Mall At Alausa by jidsoon(m): 6:18pm On Dec 12, 2011
The $100 million Ikeja shopping mall, located at Alausa, near the seat of the Lagos State government secretariat, is to be opened on Wednesday, 14 December, 2011.

The world class shopping mall, with its Grade A office complex, is set to become the destination of choice for shoppers and companies alike. It is going to be occupied by the South Africa-owned Shoprite, Stanbic IBTC bank, Silverbird Cinemas, Kenturky Fried Chickens (KFC) and other entrepreneurs.

The mall, built on a land covering 28,500m2 within Alausa, the seat of power, by Gruppo Nigeria Investment Ltd. is co-financed by Actis, owners of The Palms, Lekki; the Accra Mall in Ghana and Junction Mall in Nairobi, Kenya, which owns 60 percent equity in the mall.

The newly built Ikeja City Mall, at Alausa area of Lagos State

Other project partners of the mall include Paragon Holdings and RMB Investments & Advisory, RMBIA, which owns 20 per cent each.

The project is financed by a mixture of debt and equity, with a debt facility of $48.6mn secured from Stanbic IBTC Bank plc. and Standard Bank of South Africa Limited.

It was learnt that Silverbird has secured a four-screen cinema complex within the mall, while Shoprite has taken up 4,400m² of the mall which also has beauty shops and restaurants.

When P.M NEWS visited the mall this morning, workers were seen putting final touches to the building while goods were being transferred into the space occupied by Shoprite.

http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2011/12/12/ikeja-city-mall-ready-to-open/

Re: Ikeja City Mall At Alausa by DaRapture: 6:25pm On Dec 12, 2011
Damn, it's about time. It took them years to build this thing, while the Chinese could of had it done in just a few months. Why does it take so long for them to build stuff in that nation?
Re: Ikeja City Mall At Alausa by ektbear: 6:37pm On Dec 12, 2011
KFC too? Delicious, but deadly.

Though I guess if you only eat it occasionally it won't kill you.

1 Like

Re: Ikeja City Mall At Alausa by Pukkah: 11:20am On Dec 13, 2011
ekt_bear:

KFC outlets in Lagos have been on the increase.
Re: Ikeja City Mall At Alausa by blacksta(m): 11:27am On Dec 13, 2011
ekt_bear:

I give Nigeria another 10 years and THe American obese culture will take over. I understand Kfc outlets are springing up everywhere , wait till macdonalds joins.
Re: Ikeja City Mall At Alausa by otokx(m): 1:35pm On Dec 13, 2011
The building looks small to me
Re: Ikeja City Mall At Alausa by Princek12(m): 3:29pm On Dec 13, 2011
blacksta:

I give Nigeria another 10 years and THe American obese culture will take over.  I understand Kfc outlets are springing up everywhere , wait till macdonalds joins.

hopefully Nigerians will correspondingly adopt the working-out/ exercising culture.
Re: Ikeja City Mall At Alausa by Afam4eva(m): 3:33pm On Dec 13, 2011
At last a cinema on the mainland.

1 Like

Re: Ikeja City Mall At Alausa by lekyar(m): 3:37pm On Dec 13, 2011
otokx:

The building looks small to me

The site is sprawling with low rise structures. Quite impressive I must say!!!
Re: Ikeja City Mall At Alausa by Bawss1(m): 3:49pm On Dec 13, 2011
blacksta:

I give Nigeria another 10 years and THe American obese culture will take over. I understand Kfc outlets are springing up everywhere , wait till macdonalds joins.

The American obese culture will have a hard time gaining a foothold in Nigeria if GEJ goes ahead with the fuel subsidy removal. Folks will be very lean in the post subsidy era because of the ensuing high cost of living. grin
Re: Ikeja City Mall At Alausa by gidiMonsta(m): 4:05pm On Dec 13, 2011
afam4eva:

At last a cinema on the mainland.

Ozone cinemas, yaba (mainland).
Re: Ikeja City Mall At Alausa by mbulela: 4:13pm On Dec 13, 2011
The mall, built on a land covering 28,500m2 within Alausa, the seat of power, by Gruppo Nigeria Investment Ltd. is co-financed by Actis, owners of The Palms, Lekki; the Accra Mall in Ghana and Junction Mall in Nairobi, Kenya, which owns 60 percent equity in the mall.

Actis have divested from The Palms. It is fully owned by Tayo Amusan, a Nigerian property developer.
Re: Ikeja City Mall At Alausa by PastorKun(m): 4:15pm On Dec 13, 2011
DaRapture:

Damn, it's about time. It took them years to build this thing, while the Chinese could of had it done in just a few months. Why does it take so long for them to build stuff in that nation?

I don't know where you got your info from, but it has taken them less than two years to complete this project.
Re: Ikeja City Mall At Alausa by TenKobo1: 4:20pm On Dec 13, 2011
That distant picture is not enough to judge the quality of the mall.
Re: Ikeja City Mall At Alausa by dopro: 4:27pm On Dec 13, 2011
the building looks beautiful, though far
Re: Ikeja City Mall At Alausa by collinsJn(m): 4:35pm On Dec 13, 2011
Are U SURE That Building Is Lagos ? Cause That Pics Looks YANKEEEsh
Re: Ikeja City Mall At Alausa by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 4:35pm On Dec 13, 2011
There is no alternative to SHOPrite Ajah.

Imagine my utter shock/horror when i visited SHOPLeft (in Surulere) - Dear God!!!  shocked  shocked  shocked it was filled with Alaba and Idumota traders and some mbgueke-feeling-funky igbo girls. I could not understand why people will insult SHOPRite by wearing bathroom slippers to a super-market like it was on their street. uncouth men literary shouting at the top of their voice on their GSM trying to locate their friends within the Mall.

For real:

Some Ibo dude:  Ehemm Nnamdi, I am inside the Shopping section, where are you coming from
Nnamdi: - -- - - -- -  - - - -
Ibo dude: Look up you will see Fruits signboard I am unda dere - ha ha ahah hoo hooo

They close shop at 10pm. as i was leaving i saw a small crowd gathering at the door trying to get in and one ankara and lace-wearing fat woman started pleading to get inside and buy 1 pack of chewing gums -WTF!@!

1 Like

Re: Ikeja City Mall At Alausa by jason123: 4:39pm On Dec 13, 2011
During the construction phase:

[img]http://ikejacitymall.com/album/eEVENT%20012%20(72).jpg[/img]
[img]http://ikejacitymall.com/album/eEVENT%20012%20(76).jpg[/img]
[img]http://ikejacitymall.com/album/eEVENT%20012%20(82).jpg[/img]
[img]http://ikejacitymall.com/album/eEVENT%20012%20(91).jpg[/img]

Tenants:

Courtesy of Tbite and, Skyscrapper city!
Re: Ikeja City Mall At Alausa by Mustay(m): 4:42pm On Dec 13, 2011
lagerwhenindoubt:

Imagine my utter shock/horror when i visited SHOPLeft (in Surulere) - Dear God!!! shocked shocked shocked it was filled with Alaba and Idumota traders and some mbgueke-feeling-funky igbo girls. I could not understand why people will insult SHOPRite by wearing bathroom slippers to a super-market like it was on their street. uncouth men literary shouting at the top of their voice on their GSM trying to locate their friends within the Mall.
-WTF!@!

This is nothing less than a 'class' problem and yes, some of these people live around Adeniran Ogunsanya, Shitta, Bode Thomas, Iponri so they see less reason why they need to 'baff' up because they want to get #500 rice or #50 chocolate.

@otokx that building no small at all o. I guess when they open finally for operations you get to see it very well and surely, it didn't take them donkey years to build it, they started 2010 if am not mistaken
Re: Ikeja City Mall At Alausa by Nobody: 4:43pm On Dec 13, 2011
lagerwhenindoubt:

Imagine my utter shock/horror when i visited SHOPLeft (in Surulere) - Dear God!!!  shocked  shocked  shocked it was filled with Alaba and Idumota traders and some mbgueke-feeling-funky igbo girls. I could not understand why people will insult SHOPRite by wearing bathroom slippers to a super-market like it was on their street. uncouth men literary shouting at the top of their voice on their GSM trying to locate their friends within the Mall.

For real:

They close shop at 10pm. as i was leaving i saw a small crowd gathering at the door trying to get in and one ankara and lace-wearing fat woman started pleading to get inside and buy 1 pack of chewing gums -WTF!@!
LMAOoooooooo
Re: Ikeja City Mall At Alausa by Ufeolorun(m): 4:48pm On Dec 13, 2011
lagerwhenindoubt:

For real:

What's the big the deal about a big convenience store that you can't wear  slippers to shop there
Shoprite is probably a" one pound shop".
Lol!
Shopping there makes you feel cool innit bro?looool!
Re: Ikeja City Mall At Alausa by jason123: 4:50pm On Dec 13, 2011
Re: Ikeja City Mall At Alausa by lurkee(f): 4:50pm On Dec 13, 2011
For someone like me that lives near Ikeja this is wonderful news! I cannot wait to go shopping there. I've been worried about driving from Magodo to Shoprite for food shopping now I can go to nearby Alausa. Well, when I get back sha.
Re: Ikeja City Mall At Alausa by Olisa74(m): 4:52pm On Dec 13, 2011
lagerwhenindoubt:

For real:

What is wrong with wearing bathroom slippers to a mall, if that is what you feel comfortable in? No one in the West "baffs up" to go to a mall. You just dress in what feels comfortable as long as you are neat and tidy. Stupid naija mentality.
Re: Ikeja City Mall At Alausa by Baawaa(m): 4:53pm On Dec 13, 2011
Let them start first
Re: Ikeja City Mall At Alausa by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 4:55pm On Dec 13, 2011
Olisa74:

What is wrong with wearing bathroom slippers to a mall, if that is what you feel comfortable in? No one in the West "baffs up" to go to a mall. You just dress in what feels comfortable as long as you are neat and tidy. silly naija mentality.

It is a Mall not a freaking jacuzzi, try doing that at the Center or Highcross - with real Nigerian/China-made rubber slippers that look like you just came out of the bathroom  grin
Re: Ikeja City Mall At Alausa by eghost247(m): 4:57pm On Dec 13, 2011
nice one
Re: Ikeja City Mall At Alausa by Nobody: 5:02pm On Dec 13, 2011
This one nice ooo, we need standard modernize highways too in this country ooo
Re: Ikeja City Mall At Alausa by Olisa74(m): 5:09pm On Dec 13, 2011
lagerwhenindoubt:

It is a Mall not a freaking jacuzzi, try doing that at the Center or Highcross - with real Nigerian/China-made rubber slippers that look like you just came out of the bathroom  grin

If David Beckham or P Diddy does it, you guys will call it fashion. Why don't you complain when your stars wear sunglasses indoors? Wear what you feel comfortable wearing to the mall.It is not an office for Petes sake! Be true to yourself.
Re: Ikeja City Mall At Alausa by Nobody: 5:19pm On Dec 13, 2011
^^ lol at p-Diddy and beckham. you right tho

more pics pls
Re: Ikeja City Mall At Alausa by EkoIle1: 5:28pm On Dec 13, 2011
lagerwhenindoubt:

Little things bugs shallow minds. I wear slippers to the finest malls in yankee. They are interested in your pocket, not your slippers unless you have doo doo and flies all over you.
Re: Ikeja City Mall At Alausa by 4llerbuntu(m): 5:30pm On Dec 13, 2011
pls is GAME going to have an outlet there?

kinda negates the point to the mall when there is no decent world class hardware store in it. the surulere one fails on that point woefully.

u go there and meet "normal" nigerian hardware stores with overpriced electronics of doubtable origin and quality

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Traders At Mile 12 Relocate To Lagos/Ibadan Expressway / Bad Experience with FedEx US to Nigeria Courier Service / Dilapidated Union Bank In Chibok Town

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.