Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,353 members, 7,808,239 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:14 AM

What Is Wrong With Volkswagen Bora Or Passat? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What Is Wrong With Volkswagen Bora Or Passat? (5118 Views)

I Need A Volkswagen Bora Engine / ''Engine Replacement, For Vw Bora'' / Information On Volkswagen Bora (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Wrong With Volkswagen Bora Or Passat? by stpat1(m): 4:16am On Dec 13, 2011
I kind of have a soft spot for the Volkswagen Bora and Passat but anytime I make the move to buy one different people warn me against such move telling me about how difficult it is maintain, how scarce and expensive the parts are, how electrical problems without solution of the car will make me regret the day I even thought of buying a car etc.
Pls experienced guys, is this that bad? Cos there is one Bora i'd have loved to buy now but I'm scared. Your comments will be highly appreciated.
Re: What Is Wrong With Volkswagen Bora Or Passat? by Nobody: 10:01am On Dec 13, 2011
I love the Bora/Jetta but it seems there is something wrong with that car when it gets on Naija roads. That's one of the reason the naija used is very cheap and being sold for as low as 350k on NL autos. Imagine a beautiful car like that being disrespected like that. Vento/jetta naija used is even more expensive than Bora/Jetta naija used. Check the link below. it would give you all the info you need before making that move of buying it. The vento/jetta is ugly but at least, it would give you peace of mind.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-353213.0.html
Re: What Is Wrong With Volkswagen Bora Or Passat? by stpat1(m): 4:38pm On Dec 13, 2011
the one I intend buying is the bora 2003 and the seller is trying to tell me that its the older versions that gives electrical problems and other issues. That newer models like d 2003 i intend buying never gives problems. But meeeen I'm still scared o, I'll rather be without a car than develop migrain cos i bought one. Its manual too
Re: What Is Wrong With Volkswagen Bora Or Passat? by Nobody: 5:48pm On Dec 13, 2011
stpat1:

the one I intend buying is the bora 2003 and the seller is trying to tell me that its the older versions that gives electrical problems and other issues. That newer models like d 2003 i intend buying never gives problems. But meeeen I'm still scared o, I'll rather be without a car than develop migrain cos i bought one. Its manual too

You can check carcomplaints dot com.
Re: What Is Wrong With Volkswagen Bora Or Passat? by kruku: 6:44pm On Dec 13, 2011
the one I intend buying is the bora 2003 and the seller is trying to tell me that its the older versions that gives electrical problems and other issues. That newer models like d 2003 i intend buying never gives problems. But meeeen I'm still scared o, I'll rather be without a car than develop migrain cos i bought one. Its manual too[color=#990000][/color]
@ Stpat;
My Guy forget bora!
i am one person the love that baby and would actually rush NL sales as low as 400k. My investigation turned me off. the problems are numerous. my candid advice, buy that which is common and has manageble stories.
goodluck ! grin
Re: What Is Wrong With Volkswagen Bora Or Passat? by stpat1(m): 6:53am On Dec 14, 2011
@kruku, na so my guy. I just av to forget d car. d price n neatness was just too tempting bt no one ever talks good about d car n I even wonder y they are sold so cheap. Make i save more buy beta car. Thanks so much all
Re: What Is Wrong With Volkswagen Bora Or Passat? by Ikenna351(m): 10:27am On Dec 14, 2011
Pls at poster, how do you mean by beta car? So because people here & outside this forum are negative with VWs that makes it a non-beta car to you? What exactly were you expecting to get from this thread? I believe you are expecting Siena to encourage you to go ahead with the Bora or Passat, Isnt it? I can see that you are the bandwagon propaganda type.

I will tell you what you expect to hear, not what you need to or should hear. Toyotas & Hondas beta pass VWs. Hope you are satisfied now?

For future, if you want to find out how good a car is, check reviews of the car model from various forum online. I can give you one: carsurvey review. If you want to find out about availability of parts of a particular model, make a list of the car wearable parts, visit used & new car parts shops & ask for the prices of the parts on the list. What you gather will tell you if you can be able to maintain or keep the car on the road as long as it takes or you want. If you want to know if there are competent mechanics that can fix the car when broken down, look or ask for users or former users of the car. They will know who is the best close to where you stay.

Ikenna.
Re: What Is Wrong With Volkswagen Bora Or Passat? by stpat1(m): 10:47am On Dec 14, 2011
@ikenna, what else do I need to hear, when 90% of people in a forum are advising abt a car both those who have used it and those that have not. NL is a place u can get candid advice of ppl frm difff places and i think I trust thier judgement.
Re: What Is Wrong With Volkswagen Bora Or Passat? by Ikenna351(m): 10:57am On Dec 14, 2011
Goodluck with that.

Ikenna.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

PHOTOS: Is This BMW 3 Series Good For 400k. / Nairaland Car Picture Thread. Stock & Tuned Rides (Pictures Inside) / I Need An Advice On 2001 Passat 1.8 Turbo Engine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.