Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,789 members, 7,802,465 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:54 PM

If You Can't Handle Me At My Worst Then You Dont Deserve Me At My Best. True? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / If You Can't Handle Me At My Worst Then You Dont Deserve Me At My Best. True? (7386 Views)

DOES MY BOYFRIEND DESERVE ME?? / My Husband Don’t Know How To Handle Me In The Bedroom  / Some Words SOME Ladies Can't Handle. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

If You Can't Handle Me At My Worst Then You Dont Deserve Me At My Best. True? by Nobody: 4:18am On Dec 13, 2011
What do u think of that statement, knowing it can mean different things to different situations?

Let me know your opinion,  wink
Re: If You Can't Handle Me At My Worst Then You Dont Deserve Me At My Best. True? by Renike(f): 4:23am On Dec 13, 2011
In terms of r/ship or marriage, I agree.
its almost like saying "for better, for worse". If you can't stick it thru with me when I'm broke and no paycheck in sight, why should you enjoy my 6 figure salary when it finally comes in??
Re: If You Can't Handle Me At My Worst Then You Dont Deserve Me At My Best. True? by Nobody: 4:37am On Dec 13, 2011
Renike:

In terms of r/ship or marriage, I agree.
its almost like saying "for better, for worse". If you can't stick it thru with me when I'm broke and no paycheck in sight, why should you enjoy my 6 figure salary when it finally comes in??

I agree with you when it comes to finance in relationships. but when it comes to attitude/character, how do u judge? how sure can u be when people showcase their best without you having a glimpse of their worse?!  wink

that statement is very pregnant with meaning. . . . . . .
Re: If You Can't Handle Me At My Worst Then You Dont Deserve Me At My Best. True? by slimyem: 6:34am On Dec 13, 2011
the statement is transparent enough.it is as simple as it says. grin grin
Re: If You Can't Handle Me At My Worst Then You Dont Deserve Me At My Best. True? by seedord247(m): 6:37am On Dec 13, 2011
means if you can't Fu ck me hard during the Time i'm feeling Hot then you don't deserve me during when you are in need of it.
Re: If You Can't Handle Me At My Worst Then You Dont Deserve Me At My Best. True? by Nobody: 6:44am On Dec 13, 2011
slimyem:

the statement is transparent enough.it is as simple as it says. grin grin

yes, it can mean many things to many people, so say something.

seedord247:

means if you can't Fu ck me hard during the Time i'm feeling Hot then you don't deserve me during when you are in need of it.

i will probably appreciate a more healthy feedback, tnx. . . .
Re: If You Can't Handle Me At My Worst Then You Dont Deserve Me At My Best. True? by Mynd44: 7:46am On Dec 13, 2011
^^^
Guy this is NL. This is as positive as it will get
Re: If You Can't Handle Me At My Worst Then You Dont Deserve Me At My Best. True? by freecocoa(f): 7:50am On Dec 13, 2011
If you can't stick to me when I'm messed up then you don't deserve me when I'm clean.
Re: If You Can't Handle Me At My Worst Then You Dont Deserve Me At My Best. True? by Nobody: 9:33am On Dec 13, 2011
True to an extent! Depending on the situation of course!
Re: If You Can't Handle Me At My Worst Then You Dont Deserve Me At My Best. True? by Kslib(m): 11:49am On Dec 13, 2011
Very true!Smtimes u hve to sweat b4 sweet!
Re: If You Can't Handle Me At My Worst Then You Dont Deserve Me At My Best. True? by iice(f): 2:29pm On Dec 13, 2011
True. I always start off with my bad, the worse comes after and at the end the good.
I refer to my attitude. There was a thread (forgot the title), i talked about the core of a person. If you know what to see/find, you can judge easily, regardless of the worse or best.
Re: If You Can't Handle Me At My Worst Then You Dont Deserve Me At My Best. True? by ITbomb(m): 6:06pm On Dec 13, 2011
Mynd_44:

^^^
Its funny when people come to NL with their problems and expect full positive comments . I love the yabs joor
Re: If You Can't Handle Me At My Worst Then You Dont Deserve Me At My Best. True? by Nobody: 7:36pm On Dec 13, 2011
Mynd_44:

^^^

okay, but it can be better!

freecocoa:

If you can't stick to me when I'm messed up then you don't deserve me when I'm clean.

i think i like this. another version of the topic, explain more tnx

sexkillz:

True to an extent! Depending on the situation of course!

u probably can give an example of a situation, tnx!

Kslib:

Very true!Smtimes u hve to sweat b4 sweet!

i think so too. nice one.

iice:

True.  I always start off with my bad, the worse comes after and at the end the good.
I refer to my attitude.  There was a thread (forgot the title), i talked about the core of a person.  If you know what to see/find, you can judge easily, regardless of the worse or best.

interesting, but does everyone have to undergo ur bad and worse to determine if they sincere with u?

ITbomb:

Its funny when people come to NL with their problems and expect full positive comments . I love the yabs joor

i'm not sure if this is a problem exactly but we can learn frm each other, so say something, cheers!
Re: If You Can't Handle Me At My Worst Then You Dont Deserve Me At My Best. True? by Mynd44: 7:44pm On Dec 13, 2011
If you did not love me when I was in my NYSC, why should I love you now that I work with Chevron?
Re: If You Can't Handle Me At My Worst Then You Dont Deserve Me At My Best. True? by pendo89(f): 7:55pm On Dec 13, 2011
otooro:

What do u think of that statement, knowing it can mean different things to different situations?

Let me know your opinion,  wink

That is a serious statement.I cannot even support it unless I know the 'worst'
But lets talk behaviour. If I cannot handle your rage for instance,(when at your worst) do I deserve you at your best? of course yes cause cz your best is a changed person.
I just cannot tolerate your Bullshiotology  smiley bt am am ready to accomodate u if you are kind.
Re: If You Can't Handle Me At My Worst Then You Dont Deserve Me At My Best. True? by Nobody: 9:29pm On Dec 13, 2011
Mynd_44:

If you did not love me when I was in my NYSC, why should I love you now that I work with Chevron?

hahahaaaa, LMAO, i think i like this one. Brilliant!!!!!! tnx Mynd_44

pendo89:

That is a serious statement.I cannot even support it unless I know the 'worst'
But lets talk behaviour. If I cannot handle your rage for instance,(when at your worst) do I deserve you at your best? of course yes cause cz your best is a changed person.
I just cannot tolerate your Bullshiotology  smiley bt am am ready to accomodate u if you are kind.

well said, but u cannot always get a person to be at his best all the time, so u may have to learn to accommodate some worst times to make the best times more appreciated, right? every individual has a loop hole that u will need some good virtues to fill, at least, at the moment until the person gets back on his feet! wink
Re: If You Can't Handle Me At My Worst Then You Dont Deserve Me At My Best. True? by pendo89(f): 9:33pm On Dec 13, 2011
yep worse times as long as no risks are involved. the grace must also be there to handle ur worst.
Re: If You Can't Handle Me At My Worst Then You Dont Deserve Me At My Best. True? by Nobody: 11:37pm On Dec 13, 2011
pendo89:

yep worse times as long as no risks are involved. the grace must also be there to handle your worst.

correct! this can depend on your kind of relationship with the person. u may want to take risk if the person is dear to you, and pray for grace. but be sure u're doing it for the 'right' person wink
Re: If You Can't Handle Me At My Worst Then You Dont Deserve Me At My Best. True? by kelz88(f): 11:41pm On Dec 13, 2011
I agree with the statement to an extent.

You can't be a raging alcoholic and a great lover and expect me to stay.
I know no one is perfect but some things can be changed, or controlled.
Re: If You Can't Handle Me At My Worst Then You Dont Deserve Me At My Best. True? by Nobody: 11:58pm On Dec 13, 2011
^^^^ well said, especially in relationships that can probably lead into marriage, it is better to fix all or most wrongs than admitting u will have to cope with the person's 'worst'. Change should be constant and there's always need for improvement. Change all identified wrongs about you and be a better person!!!
Re: If You Can't Handle Me At My Worst Then You Dont Deserve Me At My Best. True? by Nobody: 1:31am On Dec 14, 2011
@poster
to fully understand this sentence, you have to listen to the WHOLE sentence (not part of it), which is one of Marilyn Monroe's most memorable quote:

"I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best"
Re: If You Can't Handle Me At My Worst Then You Dont Deserve Me At My Best. True? by Nobody: 2:12am On Dec 14, 2011
MRbrownJAY:

@poster
to fully understand this sentence, you have to listen to the WHOLE sentence (not part of it), which is one of Marilyn Monroe's most memorable quote:

"I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best"

tnx for that, MRbrownJAY, i'm reading the full quote for the first tym!!! u have done well.  smiley

but then, when an individual observes some negative traits, he shouldn't be proud of it, rather, work on them. but while he works on them sincerely and changes gradually, anyone who can't cope with the habits definitely doesn't deserve the individual at his best!!!

cool
Re: If You Can't Handle Me At My Worst Then You Dont Deserve Me At My Best. True? by Nobody: 2:31am On Dec 14, 2011
^^^ it all depends on the negative traits. those of Marilyn were "acceptable" and this is why she said it. . . . . . but imagine someone (who was an abuser/liar/cheat) telling you the same phrase. wouldnt it make ABSOLUTELY no sense?!

so this is true only if the negative traits are manageable.
Re: If You Can't Handle Me At My Worst Then You Dont Deserve Me At My Best. True? by Nobody: 4:40am On Dec 14, 2011
I agree with you!!! smiley smiley smiley

all negative traits can be worked upon and prayed over until positive changes can manifest over time. . . . wink wink wink
Re: If You Can't Handle Me At My Worst Then You Dont Deserve Me At My Best. True? by Nobody: 4:44am On Dec 14, 2011
my friend has this on her FB lol.

anyway, kinda true.  smiley

because really at the end of the day people have their down times
and their 'episodes' and its their loved ones that they should be able to
count on to be there - be it physically or distantly. But if you freak out
because they are not 'acting themselves' or have a down time
then you would only make the situation worse which is detrimental to them.
You should be there as that support, through thick and thin.
Re: If You Can't Handle Me At My Worst Then You Dont Deserve Me At My Best. True? by Nobody: 5:57am On Dec 14, 2011
^^^^ another true quote. i'll agree with ur friend,  wink

though, it can be hard to always get someone during every "thick and thin". u may have to endure some of those times on your own!  shocked shocked shocked

the good news is that when there's no family, there can be a friend, and when there is none,  there will always be GOD, anytime, anyday, anywhere!!!!  wink smiley cheesy
Re: If You Can't Handle Me At My Worst Then You Dont Deserve Me At My Best. True? by Mynd44: 7:52am On Dec 14, 2011
If you cannot live with me in Ajegunle then you are not worthy to be my housemaid when I move to Ajah
Re: If You Can't Handle Me At My Worst Then You Dont Deserve Me At My Best. True? by Hardunnii(f): 8:04am On Dec 14, 2011
Forget abt what she calls him, what u should be concernd abt is teachin ur daughter moral values, which will be diff cos u obviously dnt av one, poor girl
Re: If You Can't Handle Me At My Worst Then You Dont Deserve Me At My Best. True? by Igwe419: 8:06am On Dec 14, 2011
Once you become broke after being rich, a Nigerian woman will leave you indefinitely but Nigerian men have to pay for their woman when they are sick, when they can't pay a thing, when they are in  need, tough life  undecided  undecided

I had a female that I only had 1 night stands with phoning me asking me to bail them out of family problems, like WTF, if I was broke she wouldn't drop her drawers for me in the first place

Igwe H.S.O.F.N
Re: If You Can't Handle Me At My Worst Then You Dont Deserve Me At My Best. True? by Nobody: 8:29am On Dec 14, 2011
;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d
Re: If You Can't Handle Me At My Worst Then You Dont Deserve Me At My Best. True? by Ranoscky(m): 8:50am On Dec 14, 2011
Igwe419:

Once you become broke after being rich, a Nigerian woman will leave you indefinitely but Nigerian men have to pay for their woman when they are sick, when they can't pay a thing, when they are in  need, tough life  undecided  undecided

I had a female that I only had 1 night  stands with phoning me asking me to bail them out of family problems, like WTF, [color=Black]if I was broke she wouldn't drop her drawers for me in the first place
[/color]

Lol. . .  Funny but true! grin

Topic - If u cant introduce me to your friends cos am broke, then dont expect me to take u home and introduce u to my mom when am rich!
Re: If You Can't Handle Me At My Worst Then You Dont Deserve Me At My Best. True? by manmustwac(m): 10:22am On Dec 14, 2011
If you can't handle me when am in a bad mood then leave me alone when am in a good mood

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Long Should Good Sex Last(photos) / Lady Shares Before And After Photos, Reveals Secret Behind Her Transformation / Checkout My Latest "HOT" Bitchh... New Catch! Rate Her Guys

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.