Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,533 members, 7,770,384 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 10:10 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (976150 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ADEBYTE: 12:18am On Mar 13, 2012
@thinkrait
I am very concern about ur method of payment for ur hotel reservation.did u state on ur visa application as having friends or relative in the uk? This is an area that I think u need to address. If u r asked at the port of entry on where u will be staying and u said an hotal
If further ask to show avidence and u tender the hotel confirmation and were further ask how u paid and u said ur friend and whereas u had indicated that u had no friends or close relative in uk.if it is possible for u to tender just a confirmation of the hotel booked at the port of entry, pls do without
Any further implication. Also there is a section on the form where u r asked to give any other information, u can always explain other source of funds in ur account just to clear the suspicion that may arise. Wish u all d best
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vickyw: 1:14am On Mar 13, 2012
@justwise, i applied to visit my cousin for just 7 days and my application was refuse on the followimg grounds:
1) You state that u av workd as a lab assis since 01/10/200n and dat u have a current unsubstantiated monthly income of 75k(£297.62) frm all sources. From dis modest financial position you spend 45k(£178.57) on living costs, on the basis of d evidence provided u appear to have no dependant relatives and little in the way of personal income in ur country,. In light of all thie above i consider that u av faild to show sufficiently strong family, social or economic ties.... Of which i presented my personal account with 154k minimum balance and one acre of land worthy 750k, also stated that am single.
2) you said ur aunt is paying for ur visit, However you have not provided any evidence to show that ur aunt agreed or indeed show her ability to pay for the trip..... Which i also submitted all d neccesary doc like company cert, tax clearance, bank statement of ( 1m plus), refference letter from bank and affidavit of sponor with my aunt signature...... SO WHATELSE WILL I PROVIDE AS EVIDENCE THAT SHES AGREE TO SPONSOR ME.......
I also discoverd that there was a mixed up of application cos i also found another person NOTICE OF IMMIGRATION DECISION with a woman's name in my package....... I want you to advice me on what to do, maybe i should appeal and how to go about it? Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ThinkRait: 7:15am On Mar 13, 2012
I am very concern about ur method of payment for ur hotel reservation.did u state on ur visa application as having friends or relative in the uk?

I initially stated I had 5 friends and I was asked to state some info about them. 3 of them are students who live in the school accommodation and do not have landlines. The online application program did not allow me proceed to the next section of the application process because I couldn't provide a landline phone number. I had to delete this and stated I had only one friend (he was the ony friend with a land line).

I intend writing a detailed cover letter to explain all the areas where I had issues when completing the online application. I hope this would suffice.

I just want to attend my graduation and return to Naija. Chikena!!!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vickyw: 11:06am On Mar 13, 2012
I applied to visit my cousin for just 7 days and my application was refuse on the followimg grounds:
1) You state that u av workd as a lab assis since 01/10/200n and dat u have a current unsubstantiated monthly income of 75k(£297.62) frm all sources. From dis modest financial position you spend 45k(£178.57) on living costs, on the basis of d evidence provided u appear to have no dependant relatives and little in the way of personal income in ur country,. In light of all thie above i consider that u av faild to show sufficiently strong family, social or economic ties.... Of which i presented my personal account with 154k minimum balance and one acre of land worthy 750k, also stated that am single.
2) you said ur aunt is paying for ur visit, However you have not provided any evidence to show that ur aunt agreed or indeed show her ability to pay for the trip..... Which i also submitted all d neccesary doc like company cert, tax clearance, bank statement of ( 1m plus), refference letter from bank and affidavit of sponor with my aunt signature...... SO WHATELSE WILL I PROVIDE AS EVIDENCE THAT SHES AGREE TO SPONSOR ME.......
I also discoverd that there was a mixed up of application cos i also found another person NOTICE OF IMMIGRATION DECISION with a woman's name in my package....... I want you to advice me on what to do, maybe i should appeal and how to go about it? Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ADEBYTE: 12:13am On Mar 14, 2012
@vickyw
Could u pls confirm if u personally found Notice of immigration decision on ur own name together with the one u made mention of?if yours was there as well under which all these reasons are stated, pls confirm.
If all these reason as stated by you was on the notice of immigration decision addressed on ur name and u r given the right of appeal, it is something that I am very intereted and if it is that all these reason are stated in the notice of
Immigration decision addressed to some1 else name, I will also advise accordingly as justwise that u should write a letter explain the miss up. U could either go by what justwise as said or u could submit a fresh application addressing this issue raised and most importantly the issue of
The wrong notice found in ur package. So u would need a good write up explaining all these
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by VCTROKOYE: 2:44pm On Mar 14, 2012
Hi house. Nice to tell u have collected my 2 yrs visa 4 tourism today.
Great thanks for u all.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ADEBYTE: 5:35am On Mar 15, 2012
@VCTROKOYE
Congratulations
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by nwabobo: 10:51am On Mar 15, 2012
Good morning House. I have concluded plans to invite my girlfriend to visit me in the UK.Can someone please tell me which form is the right one for her to use for the application. Just wanna be sure this is the right form; http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/applicationforms/visas/vaf1a.pdf
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by OLADELES: 1:26pm On Mar 17, 2012
@ justwise, is it possible to renew my UK visa without a leave letter from my employer cos am not due for leave yet.Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 4:39pm On Mar 17, 2012
OLADELES: @ justwise, is it possible to renew my UK visa without a leave letter from my employer cos am not due for leave yet.Thanks

To avoid getting refusal wait until you get leave letter, don't give the ECO an excuse to refuse you visa.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by SOTAJ: 10:17pm On Mar 20, 2012
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by SOTAJ: 10:27pm On Mar 20, 2012
SOTAJ: [/b][b]
Thanks a million justwise. I think we will just reapply this coming week cos all logistics are already in place for the trip this Easter (infact, i was about to confirm our ticket booking just told the lady to wait till monday). We will include the marriage certificate and even wedding pictures like you advised. we will even include pictures of the naming ceremony and other pictures to corroborate our proof.

I just thought maybe a one or two paragraph response from the high commission (I hope they would reply my mail anyway) would also be nice if I print and also enclose when reapplying or what do you feel?

Justiwe,

I was just thinking, I hope i get a response to email to the High Commission but if not, should we refer to this initial decision while reapplying next week (iI know there is a column for that) or just be silent?

Then you said we should submit same documents plus the ones not included initially (do we submit the same statements of account too? Considering that it is already over 2 weeks for the initial application)?
Your responses are appreciateed as ever.

You may not get a reply from them, even if you do, it will not change the decision of the ECO.

Yes submit the same bank statement as long as the money is still intact.

This is to say a big thank you to everybody that has contributed in one way or the other to my case.

@ Justwise, you are the man!

I picked my boy's visa yesterday after like 9 working days of reapplying.

As regards the email I sent to the British High Commission about the fact that I did not feel that my son's application was fairly decided, they did reply me the following working day saying the case had been queued up for reconsideration and I would be called when a new decision was made. However, based on the advices that were given to me on this forum and coupled with the fact that time was not really on our side, I just printed the response from the High Commission and enclosed it with all other documents.

I really appreciate everyone on this forum for contributing to the actualization of our Easter trip.

Merci!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 7:31am On Mar 21, 2012
SOTAJ:

This is to say a big thank you to everybody that has contributed in one way or the other to my case.

@ Justwise, you are the man!

I picked my boy's visa yesterday after like 9 working days of reapplying.

As regards the email I sent to the British High Commission about the fact that I did not feel that my son's application was fairly decided, they did reply me the following working day saying the case had been queued up for reconsideration and I would be called when a new decision was made. However, based on the advices that were given to me on this forum and coupled with the fact that time was not really on our side, I just printed the response from the High Commission and enclosed it with all other documents.

I really appreciate everyone on this forum for contributing to the actualization of our Easter trip.

Merci!

Congratulations! i'm really happy that it works out for you at the end
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by NAV1(f): 12:23am On Mar 23, 2012
Hi, how are you? I just created an account on this great forum today, and have a very important query about my UK Visa. i dont know how to create a post or a topic, so i thought of writing a message.
I am a Tanzanian and i got married to a british citizen last year in 29th april 2011. I applied for spouse settlement visa in january 2012, and it was back in 9 days, but it was refused. It was refused because i did not provide evidence of contact. We did not provide any phone bills or anything because i was not aware.
However, i printed all the history of skype calls, facebook msgs etc and we appealed on 6th of march with all these documents that were missing in the previous application.
We changed our mind and want to re-apply for visa again for the second time, and we asked the tribunal in the uk, if we can re-apply while our appeal is still pending, and they permitted us to re-apply.

However, we are not sure if we want to re-apply thinking that they might pick another reason and refuse the application again.
So if they refuse it for the second time, and if we win our ongoing appeal, then will i be granted with a visa? or do i have to appeal on the visa refusal of the 2nd application in case it is refused??
Please assist me as i am really worried, and dont know who to ask.
Thanking you in advance, May God bless you and your team abundantly!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 7:33am On Mar 23, 2012
N.A.V:
Hi, how are you? I just created an account on this great forum today, and have a very important query about my UK Visa. i dont know how to create a post or a topic, so i thought of writing a message.
I am a Tanzanian and i got married to a british citizen last year in 29th april 2011. I applied for spouse settlement visa in january 2012, and it was back in 9 days, but it was refused. It was refused because i did not provide evidence of contact. We did not provide any phone bills or anything because i was not aware.
However, i printed all the history of skype calls, facebook msgs etc and we appealed on 6th of march with all these documents that were missing in the previous application.
We changed our mind and want to re-apply for visa again for the second time, and we asked the tribunal in the uk, if we can re-apply while our appeal is still pending, and they permitted us to re-apply.

However, we are not sure if we want to re-apply thinking that they might pick another reason and refuse the application again.
So if they refuse it for the second time, and if we win our ongoing appeal, then will i be granted with a visa? or do i have to appeal on the visa refusal of the 2nd application in case it is refused??
Please assist me as i am really worried, and dont know who to ask.
Thanking you in advance, May God bless you and your team abundantly!

Yes if you won the appeal you will be issued a visa and you don't have to appeal on the second visa if refused.

Re-applying and addressing all the issues raised by the ECO on your previous application will be quicker, appeal takes time, nothing less than 4months. So go through all the refusal points and address them then re-apply.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by NAV1(f): 2:22am On Mar 24, 2012
Justice, i sent u a message/email through, please please please get back to me sad
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by azpunpin: 10:52am On Mar 24, 2012
Hello house,
I want to renew my visa and I was advised to include tax clearance which I didn't include when I applied previously. My mom is the sponsor and she only provide her personal statement of account, her company registration certificate, her letter stating to sponsor my traveling. And I was issued 6 month visa. Please, I just want to know if I can just exclude the tax clearance or what do you think?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by NAV1(f): 3:08pm On Mar 24, 2012
Justice, thanks a million for your feedback. I appreciate truly.
U forgot to answer to the following query.

In my previous refused application, i was asked, "when did you first meet your sponsor" i answered january 5th 2011, which is true and we fell in love in the end of january, and then they asked "when did your relationship begin", i thought the question meant that, when did a relationship like marriage or engagement begin, and so i ended up writing the date of our wedding, instead of the date when we fell in love. But they have not picked this issue in the refusal letter. So now, my faceboook snapshots have romantic stuff since January, so if i send them snapshots of these msgs from January, they will think that our relationship started from january and in the form i mentioned it started in April when we got married, so im confused, tell me what to do. Should i submit evidence of contact starting from april when we got married??
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by softtouch2(m): 11:35am On Mar 25, 2012
@ Justice:
I just decided to visit UK for Easter with my family, when applying for Visa, I use hotel reservation
The Visa was issued, but I will be staying with a cousin. I did not include in the Visa application I got any relative.
If they ask us where we are staying, what will be the best answer? Hope this wont hinder us at port of entry?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 12:15pm On Mar 25, 2012
soft-touch:
@ Justice:
I just decided to visit UK for Easter with my family, when applying for Visa, I use hotel reservation
The Visa was issued, but I will be staying with a cousin. I did not include in the Visa application I got any relative.
If they ask us where we are staying, what will be the best answer? Hope this wont hinder us at port of entry?

Stick with the info you gave in your visa application, anything different from that will get you into alot of trouble
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by softtouch2(m): 3:42pm On Mar 25, 2012
justwise:

Stick with the info you gave in your visa application, anything different from that will get you into alot of trouble

Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by azpunpin: 8:55am On Mar 26, 2012
azpunpin: Hello house,
I want to renew my visa and I was advised to include tax clearance which I didn't include when I applied previously. My mom is the sponsor and she only provide her personal statement of account, her company registration certificate, her letter stating to sponsor my traveling. And I was issued 6 month visa. Please, I just want to know if I can just exclude the tax clearance or what do you think?

@Justwise, could you be of help with the question stated above.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 9:54am On Mar 26, 2012
azpunpin:

@Justwise, could you be of help with the question stated above.

Its always wise to include tax clearance when you are using a business owner as your sponsor, the first ECO might have over-looked it the first time you applied, it may not be the case this time around.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by VCTROKOYE: 11:05am On Mar 26, 2012
@azpunpin
I just renewed my 6 months visa without submitting my tax certificate, so i don't think you need to. Mine took about 13 days.
Gud luck

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by VCTROKOYE: 11:14am On Mar 26, 2012
@soft-touch:
I was asked the kind of visa i applied by ECO in UK and i answered tourism.
The ECO asked where do you want to stay. I replied my aunty's place.
The ECO replied why. And I answered that my aunty said she doesn't see why I should stay in hotel when she has a house. But i forgot that I didn't state her name in my application.
I believe the ECO didn't look well to see her name was not included. Anyway she ended up wishing me happy holiday. And i entered.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by jstclick: 12:00pm On Mar 26, 2012
VCTROKOYE: @azpunpin
I just renewed my 6 months visa without submitting my tax certificate, so i don't think you need to. Mine took about 13 days.
Gud luck

So you got another 6 months or 2 yrs? Does it really matter if I want to renew but this time go for 2 years? Are there any special requirements if you're applying 2 yrs? I submitted mom's tax clearance with my last visa application which was issued. Is it OK to use the same tax clearance dated June 2010 or better still take that out and submit without tax clearance?

I anticipate your response.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by softtouch2(m): 6:38am On Mar 29, 2012
VCTROKOYE: @soft-touch:
I was asked the kind of visa i applied by ECO in UK and i answered tourism.
The ECO asked where do you want to stay. I replied my aunty's place.
The ECO replied why. And I answered that my aunty said she doesn't see why I should stay in hotel when she has a house. But i forgot that I didn't state her name in my application.
I believe the ECO didn't look well to see her name was not included. Anyway she ended up wishing me happy holiday. And i entered.
Thanks.
I will not cancel our hotel booking, I am keeping it to have a smooth holiday. I got people to stay with, but since i didnt mention it in my application, it makes sense not to say "I will be staying with them"
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by nico11(m): 7:50am On Mar 29, 2012
Please what document do I need to obtain visiting VIsa in UK Embassy
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by nico11(m): 8:07am On Mar 29, 2012
@juStwise please I need your contact number

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (426)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Travelling To Canada Part 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.