Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,707 members, 7,805,901 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:16 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (128) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (980024 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by dalobaba: 10:13pm On Jul 20, 2013
tHanks so much....I will like to know if my auntie over there in the uk can take any action against my refusal over there in this general visitor category. Thanks once again
justwise:

That is right, recently the UKBA has removed aunties, uncles from the list of family visiting visa category, so filling family visiting visa is not the right thing to do
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 10:39pm On Jul 20, 2013
dalobaba: Hello @justwise... I just want to know if I actually filled the wrong form. My auntie gave me an invitation letter and I filled the form for general visitor. I got a refusal and she's saying I filled the wrong form that I was suppose to fill the family visitor form. I applied 2010 with my mum and I actually filled the family visitor form then tho I was refused but when I was trying to fill this time around I read that I'm not liable to fill the form coz I'm not her sibbling, parent bla bla bla. Please want to know if I truly filled the wrong form.thank you
You filled the right form, your aunt is wrong.

dalobaba: tHanks so much....I will like to know if my auntie over there in the uk can take any action against my refusal over there in this general visitor category. Thanks once again
No, she can't take any action... Though she may have the entitled rights to invite you to visit her, but she doesn't have any legal ground to demand that you be granted the visa, that now comes up to whether you fulfilled the requirements or not
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 10:58pm On Jul 20, 2013
dalobaba: tHanks so much....I will like to know if my auntie over there in the uk can take any action against my refusal over there in this general visitor category. Thanks once again

There is no legal ground for any action.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by dalobaba: 10:59pm On Jul 20, 2013
tHanks so much
Vicjustice: You filled the right form, your aunt is wrong.

No, she can't take any action... Though she may have the entitled rights to invite you to visit her, but she doesn't have any legal ground to demand that you be granted the visa, that now comes up to whether you fulfilled the requirements or not
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by headna007: 11:27pm On Jul 20, 2013
Vicjustice:
You could have gotten the visa in one go if you had presented your application with better preparedneess.
I'll encourage you to do a Google search and read Wikipedia about the areas of interest that you'd wish to see so that you may present better reasons for wanting to visit the UK... It is not a credible enough reason that you want to travel to Europe just to see a child birth
10ks for ur respose really appreciate being the fist time application,seeking for the profesional advise sir d question is can I re apply immediately cos I also want to use d opportunity to shop 4my weddind nd to have some internationan experienc. Wat and wat wld I need to do? Plz help me out. God bless u
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 1:55am On Jul 21, 2013
headna007: 10ks for ur respose really appreciate being the fist time application,seeking for the profesional advise sir d question is can I re apply immediately cos I also want to use d opportunity to shop 4my weddind nd to have some internationan experienc. Wat and wat wld I need to do? Plz help me out. God bless u

You can reapply at any time, just fill in a new application form
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by foce(m): 2:59pm On Jul 21, 2013
[quote author=justwise]

Justwise my brother good afternoon, pls I have a question, If someone gets a 6months uk visiting visa on the grounds that he is working in a company here in 9ja which is formality and in his the application he stated that he wants to go for a 2weeks holidays, how long do u think will be proper for him to stay over there since his aim is to apply for 2yrs visa when the 6months expires
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 4:07pm On Jul 21, 2013
foce: Justwise my brother good afternoon, pls I have a question, If someone gets a 6months uk visiting visa on the grounds that he is working in a company here in 9ja which is formality and in his the application he stated that he wants to go for a 2weeks holidays, how long do u think will be proper for him to stay over there since his aim is to apply for 2yrs visa when the 6months expires
A lot of people are not aware that some visas could carry REMARKS... Now, remarks on visas are extremely important to observe as they outline the condition of use.
Therefore, unless a 6 months tourist visa carries a REMARK stating the duration of stay, you are allowed to stay as long as you wish during the 6 months validity
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by foce(m): 6:44pm On Jul 21, 2013
Vicjustice:
A lot of people are not aware that some visas could carry REMARKS... Now, remarks on visas are extremely important to observe as they outline the condition of use.
Therefore, unless a 6 months tourist visa carries a REMARK stating the duration of stay, you are allowed to as long as you wish signing the 6 months validity
If he shd stay for 4months won't this affect his next application when he wants to apply for the 2yrs, cos he told them he was working here in 9ja, won't they ask him why he spent such time over there instead of the 2weeks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 9:17am On Jul 22, 2013
foce:
If he shd stay for 4months won't this affect his next application when he wants to apply for the 2yrs, cos he told them he was Saturday here in 9ja, won't they ask him why he spent such time over there instead of the 2weeks
In this case, he may be subjected to explain what he was doing in the UK, not because his stay was illegal, but because of the circumstances... And failure to give satisfying explanation may result to his discredit.
It all depends whether the circumstances are looked into, therefore, if they are observed, the applicant may be refused because he has not given a satisfactory explanation on what he was doing in the UK when he was supposed to be working in Nigeria
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by foce(m): 10:06am On Jul 22, 2013
Vicjustice:
In this case, he may be subjected to explain what he was doing in the UK, not because his stay was illegal, but because of the circumstances... And failure to give satisfying explanation may result to his discredit.
It all depends whether the circumstances are looked into, therefore, if they are observed, the applicant may be refused because he has not given a satisfactory explanation on what he was doing in the UK when he was supposed to be working in Nigeria
Thanks my brother
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by sogbada: 2:48pm On Jul 22, 2013
Hello house, please I need your advice. I have a job which pays me 120,000 every month but i also buy and sell but my business is not registered. when filling the UK tourist form, they asked for my total monthly income, i want to write 160,000 because that is the average of what i make in a month both from my salary and from my business although the business amount fluctuates especially when my goods havent arrived. pls will you advice me to go and register my business because i want to use it to explain why there is alot of money being deposited in my account. is it not going to be too close to my application date? (2nd week August). Also if i register my business, do i have to pay tax immediately. pls bear in mind that this is just an extra source of income. i currently have above 600,000 in my account. pls kindly address all my bolded and coloured questions because i am worried. thank you and God bless you. amen
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 3:12pm On Jul 22, 2013
sogbada: Hello house, please I need your advice. I have a job which pays me 120,000 every month but i also buy and sell but my business is not registered. when filling the UK tourist form, they asked for my total monthly income, i want to write 160,000 because that is the average of what i make in a month both from my salary and from my business although the business amount fluctuates especially when my goods havent arrived. pls will you advice me to go and register my business because i want to use it to explain why there is alot of money being deposited in my account. is it not going to be too close to my application date? (2nd week August). Also if i register my business, do i have to pay tax immediately. pls bear in mind that this is just an extra source of income. i currently have above 600,000 in my account. pls kindly address all my bolded and coloured questions because i am worried. thank you and God bless you. amen
**Why not state only the money that you receive as salary instead of complicating things with other undocumented and unverifiable funds?
**The question on whether you'd have to pay your tax immediately or not will have to be directed to the revenue office.
**And again, N600k does not represent a very imposing finance, i would be surprised if you get a visa with this
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by sogbada: 3:28pm On Jul 22, 2013
Thanx Vicjustice, i appreciate your prompt response but then how will i explain the huge amount of money being deposited and withdrawn (about 250,000 to 400,000 on one transaction). Even yesterday, i received a deposit of 320,000 and I made a withdrawal of 150,000 today. Sometimes i might have 1.3M today and tomorrow I have 800k etc (huge withdrawals and deposits) Pls advice me on what to do. i am just scared. Also I have over 600k but it might be higher or lower than that as at when i print my statement by 5th August. I dont intend going as a tourist, my boyfriend is inviting me for holiday and i will stay with him for 2 weeks. My stay in UK will cost me 300,000 including flight. And I read somewhere on Nairaland that some people were refused because their monthly income is not commensurate to their account balance. My income minus the business after tax is 106,000 and i have been working for 18 months. [b]Is that commensurate with the 620,000 i have in my account?[/b]. Vicjustice please i await your input on this. God bless you.

Vicjustice:
**Why not state only the money that you receive as salary instead of complicating things with other undocumented and unverifiable funds?
**The question on whether you'd have to pay your tax immediately or not will have to be directed to the revenue office.
**And again, N600k does not represent a very imposing finance, i would be surprised if you get a visa with this
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 4:27pm On Jul 22, 2013
sogbada: Thanx Vicjustice, i appreciate your prompt response but then how will i explain the huge amount of money being deposited and withdrawn (about 250,000 to 400,000 on one transaction). Even yesterday, i received a deposit of 320,000 and I made a withdrawal of 150,000 today. Sometimes i might have 1.3M today and tomorrow I have 800k etc (huge withdrawals and deposits) Pls advice me on what to do. i am just scared. Also I have over 600k but it might be higher or lower than that as at when i print my statement by 5th August. I dont intend going as a tourist, my boyfriend is inviting me for holiday and i will stay with him for 2 weeks. My stay in UK will cost me 300,000 including flight. And I read somewhere on Nairaland that some people were refused because their monthly income is not commensurate to their account balance. My income minus the business after tax is 106,000 and i have been working for 18 months. [b]Is that commensurate with the 620,000 i have in my account?[/b]. Vicjustice please i await your input on this. God bless you.
First of all, whether you go to see your boyfriend and stay with him or you are visiting the UK for whatever reason, you are called a tourist.
Talking about how to explain the transactions in your bank account, i'd say: had i been the person depositing and withdrawing the monies from your account, i would have been able to tell you why or how i got the monies or why i am withdrawing them. But since i am not aware of anything about the transactions, how then can i advice you in this regard except you want me to help you fake a story?

Well, i insist that the N600k is way too small, you're going to waste your time and money because, i can't see how you are going to get a visa with all these
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by sogbada: 5:18pm On Jul 22, 2013
Thank you again Vicjustice, Please dont say my wahala is too much o. the money is actually used for the buying and selling business which i stated in my previous message hence my initial question on if i should go and register the business or just explain in writing. I buy and resell human hair from India. I have a contact there who helps me purchase and i resell in Abuja. I started with my savings and i have made considerable profit which is always reinvested in the business. I also sell to people who resell. Will you advice me to just explain in plain writing with support of emails and tellers showing payments into my Indian contact's account which tallies with the withdrawals and some emails enquiring for hair and informing me of paying for the hair in my account etc or I should just register the business.

As for the funds, my account is still active and i believe by the time i am ready to print my statement, I will have at least 800k in the account. Out of which it is only 300k I intend spending. I also have payslips from work showing steady income of 106k after tax for the past 6 months

Vicjustice:
First of all, whether you go to see your boyfriend and stay with him or you are visiting the UK for whatever reason, you are called a tourist.
Talking about how to explain the transactions in your bank account, i'd say: had i been the person depositing and withdrawing the monies from your account, i would have been able to tell you why or how i got the monies or why i am withdrawing them. But since i am not aware of anything about the transactions, how then can i advice you in this regard except you want me to help you fake a story?

Well, i insist that the N600k is way too small, you're going to waste your time and money because, i can't see how you are going to get a visa with all these
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 5:55pm On Jul 22, 2013
Good evening all...pls I am asking this question in lieu of a friend who intends spending his next vacation in d UK around october),he intends travelling alone.

He works as a QSHE advisor in a Haulage company,37years but not married...tho he has a lady who is presently carrying his child and due date is september

According to him,he earns abt N253000 Net of Tax has abt N1.4m in his personal savings account and a 3 plot landed property

He is kinda confuse if his marital status could pose a problem as he is a late starter somehow hence his still being single

@Vicjustice pls can u help advice on d quoted subject matter...thanx

Does the fact that my friend is 37years and still single likely to stand against him as regard social tie clause
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 6:49pm On Jul 22, 2013
sogbada:
Thank you again Vicjustice, Please dont say my wahala is too much o. the money is actually used for the buying and selling business which i stated in my previous message hence my initial question on if i should go and register the business or just explain in writing. I buy and resell human hair from India. I have a contact there who helps me purchase and i resell in Abuja. I started with my savings and i have made considerable profit which is always reinvested in the business. I also sell to people who resell. Will you advice me to just explain in plain writing with support of emails and tellers showing payments into my Indian contact's account which tallies with the withdrawals and some emails enquiring for hair and informing me of paying for the hair in my account etc or I should just register the business.

As for the funds, my account is still active and i believe by the time i am ready to print my statement, I will have at least 800k in the account. Out of which it is only 300k I intend spending. I also have payslips from work showing steady income of 106k after tax for the past 6 months

These narrations or analysis are not what visa officers want to hear, what they want to see is the income that are earned from legitimate occupation and that is the N106k clear salary, they won't be interested in all these tales: Be advised that in the eyes of Europeans, you are an illegal business woman trading in corruption.
The N106k that you get as salary is sufficient for visa application if your bank statement does not suggest that you're financially struggling.
However, the fact that you have N600k (or a little more) and you are budgeting N300k for the trip including the airfare does not look good at all
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by sogbada: 8:20pm On Jul 22, 2013
Thank you VicJustice, May God bless you abundantly for your advice. Amen

Vicjustice:
These narrations or analysis are not what visa officers want to hear, what they want to see is the income that are earned from legitimate occupation and that is the N106k clear salary, they won't be interested in all these tales: Be advised that in the eyes of Europeans, you are an illegal business woman trading in corruption.
The N106k that you get as salary is sufficient for visa application if your bank statement does not suggest that you're financially struggling.
However, the fact that you have N600k (or a little more) and you are budgeting N300k for the trip including the airfare does not look good at all
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 8:30pm On Jul 22, 2013
REHOZIBAH: Good evening all...pls I am asking this question in lieu of a friend who intends spending his next vacation in d UK around october),he intends travelling alone.

He works as a QSHE advisor in a Haulage company,37years but not married...tho he has a lady who is presently carrying his child and due date is september

According to him,he earns abt N253000 Net of Tax has abt N1.4m in his personal savings account and a 3 plot landed property

He is kinda confuse if his marital status could pose a problem as he is a late starter somehow hence his still being single

Does the fact that my friend is 37years and still single likely to stand against him as regard social tie clause

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 11:11pm On Jul 22, 2013
REHOZIBAH: Good evening all...pls I am asking this question in lieu of a friend who intends spending his next vacation in d UK around october),he intends travelling alone.

I'd prefer to hear firsthand from your "friend" and answer him directly

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by sam79(m): 2:15pm On Jul 23, 2013
Pls I need advice Urgently.

I work in medium size multinational firm in Nigeria with a monthly salary of 129K after deduction.A was recently refused UK entry clearance for a company sponsored seven days training with a company who we represent in Nigeria thus I applied for administrative review, surprisingly d refusal was upheld.

Reason
Credit n cash in my saving bank account not commensurate with my stated monthly income of 129K thus on a balance of probability ---------------------------------------------------

I submitted payslip and payment cheque in the stated amount for six months.my company bank statement also contain detail of cash withdraw of 129K monthly by me.I withdraw cash on d counter n pay into my saving account.
The entry clearance officer ignored all the evidences i provided n upheld the refusal.

He stated dat my explanation has been noted but the refusal decision is being maintained. advising me to apply at anytime and i should attempt to address the concerns raised in the refusal notice.

I had about 400K in my account when i first applied. presently the sum total of my saving has gone down - lower than 400k.

Please can re-apply right away as my company advised or wait for sometime?

(Quote) (Report)
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by princessmoi: 2:43pm On Jul 23, 2013
ok cool but are these the right documents?

Vicjustice:
Same thing as asking "what documents that are needed..."
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 3:47pm On Jul 23, 2013
sam79:
Pls I need advice Urgently.

I work in medium size multinational firm in Nigeria with a monthly salary of 129K after deduction.A was recently refused UK entry clearance for a company sponsored seven days training with a company who we represent in Nigeria thus I applied for administrative review, surprisingly d refusal was upheld.

Reason
Credit n cash in my saving bank account not commensurate with my stated monthly income of 129K thus on a balance of probability ---------------------------------------------------

I submitted payslip and payment cheque in the stated amount for six months.my company bank statement also contain detail of cash withdraw of 129K monthly by me.I withdraw cash on d counter n pay into my saving account.
The entry clearance officer ignored all the evidences i provided n upheld the refusal.

He stated dat my explanation has been noted but the refusal decision is being maintained. advising me to apply at anytime and i should attempt to address the concerns raised in the refusal notice.

I had about 400K in my account when i first applied. presently the sum total of my saving has gone down - lower than 400k.

Please can re-apply right away as my company advised or wait for sometime?

(Quote) (Report)
Is the trip to be funded by your company, I mean, are you being sponsored or you are supporting yourself?
If you don't mind, it will be better to write the exact content of the Refusal Notice, word by word, but remember to censor any personal or private content that you're not comfortable to disclose
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by olumide098(m): 4:27pm On Jul 23, 2013
I Need Help and am Highly confused. I carried a Tourist Visa to the embassy Last year November and i was refused by the UK Embassy that I didnt put tax document. I contacted my working place and i was given a Tax clearance from the federal inland revenue. I carried another application second time to UK Embassy to my surprised I was refused again last year december based on the ground that my tourist attraction center is too far away from my hotel. dont know what to do and i really want to go to Uk. Please house kindly assist me on this because I really want to travel this year. thanks waiting for your message....
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 6:55pm On Jul 23, 2013
olumide098: I Need Help and am Highly confused. I carried a Tourist Visa to the embassy Last year November and i was refused by the UK Embassy that I didnt put tax document. I contacted my working place and i was given a Tax clearance from the federal inland revenue. I carried another application second time to UK Embassy to my surprised I was refused again last year december based on the ground that my tourist attraction center is too far away from my hotel. dont know what to do and i really want to go to Uk. Please house kindly assist me on this because I really want to travel this year. thanks waiting for your message....
But the reasons for the refusal seem to be very clear, and the way forward is this: Now that your tax issues had been resolved, you need to do some Google searches and study some areas of interest so may be able to present a good reason why you wish to travel to the UK and to arrange a conducive accommodation(s) in reasonable area(s).
By the way, what country are you from?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by chrisagwu: 11:40pm On Jul 23, 2013
You can register your business, and you will be certified Tax free. Furthermore be truthful you will get your visa.

sogbada:

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 7:36am On Jul 24, 2013
Good day, pls can anyone apply for the express visa?
Can you also change some of the information you you gave on your first application(that was refused)?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by smallt: 9:09am On Jul 24, 2013
Good day all,

I have been a silent reader of the posts on this thread and associated one especially just before I applied for a UK general tourist visa last month. I work with a financial institution but not a bank. The company pays staff salaries into a pseudo-current account which is a product of the company. From this account, I transfer at least N550k out of the >N600k I earn monthly to my current account to cater from my personal and general expenses every month.

I intend to attend a conference in September and provided the following documents along with my application:

1. My payslips for six month
2. A letter on the company letter head of my employer confirming that I am an employee, my remuneration, senior management position in the organisation and that I am attending the conference.
3. My current account statement with a bank
4. My statement account from my employer
5. A letter and statement from an asset management company stating that I have about N1.5m investment with them and that I have access to the funds at anytime.
6. A letter and CSCS Statement from a stock broking firm indicating that I have share worth over N2m
7. Property titles for two houses I own including the one I live in
8. A letter from the local chapter of the professional association organizing the conference indicating that I am an active member and would be attending the conference

I am paying for the trip from my investment with the Asset Management Company. The one week conference will cost me about
300,000. Given the cost of air fares, accommodation, feding, etc I indicated that I intend to spend N800,000 for the trip. I indicated that I have a friend in the UK and supplied his passport page and letter of invitation though I indicated that I would be staying at a bread and breakfast

I was surprised when I was refused entry clearance with the following reasons

You declared that you are employed and earn N6xxK/£2552 per month. Our published guidelines gives applicants full information on what documents they are to submit in support of a visa application, however you have not provided sufficient satisfactory evidence to substantiate your stated income. Furthermore your stated income is not reflected in your bank statement. While I have taken into consideration all the documentation presented, I am no satisfied that your personal circumstances are as you have stated.

Further to the above, you state that you have available N800k of your own money to spend on your visit to the UK. I do not consider the proposed expenditure for this short visit to be proportionate with your current economic circumstances particularly in view of the current level of available funds in your account of just N257K, the fact that you have a wife and 3 children to support an that you faled to substantiate your circumstances through satisfactory documentary evidence.

I must take into account your personal and economic circumstances in Nigeria when coming to my decision, however given the statements you have made and the documentary evidence you have presented to support your application, I am not satisfied that your circumstances in Nigeria, coupled with your reasons for wishing to travel to the UK are such that you have sufficient intention to lave the UK at the end of your proposed visit.

. . .

I have therefore refused your application because I am not satisfied . . .

Your right of appeal is limited to the grounds referred to in section 84(1)(c) of the Nationality immigration and Asylum Act 2002.

Obviously, the ECO simply took a look at the balance on my current account statement and concluded that I do not have enough funds. All other documents were ignored.

All my documents were returned to me same way I sent them except my passport which was stamped. I received the package at the VFS office last week

What right of appeal do I have?
Should I simply re-apply and include a detailed explanation countering the reasons given from the refusal?
Would they think I am desperate if I re-apply so soon?
Can I use the same documents they returned to me if I re-apply or do I have to get updated statements of account, letters etc?

I need to attend the conference to meet up with some professional requirments A similar conference is now coming up much later in the year in another European (Shen gen) country for a cheaper rate.

I am however keen on clearing all the doubts raised by this ECO as this is my first time of applying for a UK visa and wouldn't want this issue to hand in the air and haunt me whenever I intend to visit the UK again.

Your advice will be greatly appreciated.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by DisGuy: 9:25am On Jul 24, 2013
Appealing might go past your intended time of travel

Do you have a savings account or they all going straight into the investment companies?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 9:58am On Jul 24, 2013
smallt: Good day all,

I have been a silent reader of the posts on this thread and associated one especially just before I applied for a UK general tourist visa last month. I work with a financial institution but not a bank. The company pays staff salaries into a pseudo-current account which is a product of the company. From this account, I transfer at least N550k out of the >N600k I earn monthly to my current account to cater from my personal and general expenses every month.

I intend to attend a conference in September and provided the following documents along with my application:

1. My payslips for six month
2. A letter on the company letter head of my employer confirming that I am an employee, my remuneration, senior management position in the organisation and that I am attending the conference.
3. My current account statement with a bank
4. My statement account from my employer
5. A letter and statement from an asset management company stating that I have about N1.5m investment with them and that I have access to the funds at anytime.
6. A letter and CSCS Statement from a stock broking firm indicating that I have share worth over N2m
7. Property titles for two houses I own including the one I live in
8. A letter from the local chapter of the professional association organizing the conference indicating that I am an active member and would be attending the conference

I am paying for the trip from my investment with the Asset Management Company. The one week conference will cost me about
300,000. Given the cost of air fares, accommodation, feding, etc I indicated that I intend to spend N800,000 for the trip. I indicated that I have a friend in the UK and supplied his passport page and letter of invitation though I indicated that I would be staying at a bread and breakfast

I was surprised when I was refused entry clearance with the following reasons

You declared that you are employed and earn N6xxK/£2552 per month. Our published guidelines gives applicants full information on what documents they are to submit in support of a visa application, however you have not provided sufficient satisfactory evidence to substantiate your stated income. Furthermore your stated income is not reflected in your bank statement. While I have taken into consideration all the documentation presented, I am no satisfied that your personal circumstances are as you have stated.

Further to the above, you state that you have available N800k of your own money to spend on your visit to the UK. I do not consider the proposed expenditure for this short visit to be proportionate with your current economic circumstances particularly in view of the current level of available funds in your account of just N257K, the fact that you have a wife and 3 children to support an that you faled to substantiate your circumstances through satisfactory documentary evidence.

I must take into account your personal and economic circumstances in Nigeria when coming to my decision, however given the statements you have made and the documentary evidence you have presented to support your application, I am not satisfied that your circumstances in Nigeria, coupled with your reasons for wishing to travel to the UK are such that you have sufficient intention to lave the UK at the end of your proposed visit.

. . .

I have therefore refused your application because I am not satisfied . . .

Your right of appeal is limited to the grounds referred to in section 84(1)(c) of the Nationality immigration and Asylum Act 2002.

Obviously, the ECO simply took a look at the balance on my current account statement and concluded that I do not have enough funds. All other documents were ignored.

All my documents were returned to me same way I sent them except my passport which was stamped. I received the package at the VFS office last week

What right of appeal do I have?
Should I simply re-apply and include a detailed explanation countering the reasons given from the refusal?
Would they think I am desperate if I re-apply so soon?
Can I use the same documents they returned to me if I re-apply or do I have to get updated statements of account, letters etc?

I need to attend the conference to meet up with some professional requirments A similar conference is now coming up much later in the year in another European (Shen gen) country for a cheaper rate.

I am however keen on clearing all the doubts raised by this ECO as this is my first time of applying for a UK visa and wouldn't want this issue to hand in the air and haunt me whenever I intend to visit the UK again.

Your advice will be greatly appreciated.

You don't have any right of appeal, you can reapply but you have to address the financial issue raised by the ECO else you will be refused again. Not just explaining it but back it you with paper evidence. Most importantly..don't spend more than you earn.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 9:58am On Jul 24, 2013
Tednersy: Good day, pls can anyone apply for the express visa?
Can you also change some of the information you you gave on your first application(that was refused)?
Like what information do you wish to change?

(1) (2) (3) ... (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) ... (426)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 126
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.