Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,543 members, 7,808,996 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:47 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (130) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (980303 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by LondonCool(m): 3:44pm On Jul 26, 2013
olumide098:

Please you know exactly what you are talking about. Please for God sake..inbox me your phone number so that i can discuss some personal issues with you relating to my refusal and documents.. or release your chat id to me so that i can come online to have a chat with you

Olumide,sorry I dont do online chats or discuss personal issues outside this forum. The advice given is enough for you to plan your next application. The ECO's in Lagos and Abuja come here to read this thread everyday so take off your email and I hope it is not the same one on your visa application or they will refuse you again

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 3:56pm On Jul 26, 2013
olumide098:

Please you know exactly what you are talking about. Please for God sake..inbox me your phone number so that i can discuss some personal issues with you relating to my refusal and documents. or release your chat id to me so that i can come online to have a chat with you

You don't seem like a genuine visa applicant, the bolded part shows that you have more to hide than you have said here.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 3:57pm On Jul 26, 2013
LondonCool:

Olumide,sorry I dont do online chats or discuss personal issues outside this forum. The advice given is enough for you to plan your next application. The ECO's in Lagos and Abuja come here to read this thread everyday so take off your email and I hope it is not the same one on your visa application or they will refuse you again

1000 Likes

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by olumide098(m): 4:04pm On Jul 26, 2013
justwise:

You don't seem like a genuine visa applicant, the bolded part shows that you have more to hide than you have said here.

am a genuie applicant...I seek entry into the UK and to come back home to Nigeria after 2 weeks tour because i have my money to spend. i was told to remove my email address and thats what i did ok. IF AM NOT GENUIE THEY WOULD HAVE BAN ME FOR 10 YEARS WHICH THAT DIDNT HAPPENED.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 4:21pm On Jul 26, 2013
olumide098:

am a genuie applicant...I seek entry into the UK and to come back home to Nigeria after 2 weeks tour because i have my money to spend. i was told to remove my email address and thats what i did ok. IF AM NOT GENUIE THEY WOULD HAVE BAN ME FOR 10 YEARS WHICH THAT DIDNT HAPPENED.

I hope you are not heading towards that because you are sounding too desperate, when people claimed that they want to visit the UK just for 'holiday' and got refused a visa, you expect them to try another country...e.g South Africa or Kenya..for the same holiday, but when you keep reapplying after numerous refusals then there is something fishy about that 'holiday'
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by olumide098(m): 4:27pm On Jul 26, 2013
justwise: [/b]

I hope you are not heading towards that because you are sounding too desperate, when people claimed that they want to visit the UK just for 'holiday' and got refused a visa, you expect them to try another country...e.g South Africa or Kenya..for the same holiday, but when you keep reapplying after numerous refusals then there is something fishy about that 'holiday'

Thanks so much you are giving me the Good advise i want from you as a brother. which country do u want me to try before re applying back to UK EMBASSY and moreover if am applying for UK EMBASSY can i make use of invitation letter or still continue with my tourist and claim that i dont know anybody in UK i want to visit.....pls reply me back thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by lakayanababy: 5:09pm On Jul 26, 2013
Vicjustice, Londoncool, Justwise

I advised the applicant ( an undergraduate student from a nigerian university) to say 'no savings' as there isn't much in the account anyway and we do not want that to be a focus for the ECO.

They are on holiday until September ending so he wants to visit for 3 weeks.

His sibling who is inviting him to the UK for a Family Visit is fully sponsoring his trip and visit. Relevant documents (Invitation letter, Financial support letter, Sponsorship Declaration, British passport bio-data, birth certificate, mortgage details, Employment details, Tax Clearance, Payslips, Bank Statements, Utility Bills and Pictures with both of them) from the sponsor.

Thanks
The applicant has his Student status letter, Admission Letter, Tuition fees and dues so far, Accommodation fees so far, Examination records so far; Holiday Itinerary, Email Conversations, Flight Booking Confirmation. Birth Certificate too

What are the chances here? Him saying no savings.. smiley smiley
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by LondonCool(m): 6:03pm On Jul 26, 2013
lakayanababy: Vicjustice, Londoncool, Justwise

I advised the applicant ( an undergraduate student from a nigerian university) to say 'no savings' as there isn't much in the account anyway and we do not want that to be a focus for the ECO.

They are on holiday until September ending so he wants to visit for 3 weeks.

His sibling who is inviting him to the UK for a Family Visit is fully sponsoring his trip and visit. Relevant documents (Invitation letter, Financial support letter, Sponsorship Declaration, British passport bio-data, birth certificate, mortgage details, Employment details, Tax Clearance, Payslips, Bank Statements, Utility Bills and Pictures with both of them) from the sponsor.

Thanks
The applicant has his Student status letter, Admission Letter, Tuition fees and dues so far, Accommodation fees so far, Examination records so far; Holiday Itinerary, Email Conversations, Flight Booking Confirmation. Birth Certificate too

What are the chances here? Him saying no savings.. smiley smiley

This looks like a very well packaged application. The declaration of no savings shouldn't be an issue insofar as the sibling is going to be responsible for the accommodation and maintenance. As a genuine student the ECO wouldn't expect him to show proof of funds, when the sponsor can show proof.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by lakayanababy: 6:16pm On Jul 26, 2013
Great!!! I hope the ECO agrees too. Yes, this is well prepared (hopefully).. Thank you, Londoncool.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Connoisseur(m): 11:10pm On Jul 26, 2013
.....the 'waiting' continues
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 2:53pm On Jul 27, 2013
Hi justwise and vic, u guys are doing a GREAT job and I must specially commend u on ur patience. Gosh, it takes a special grace to deal with all kinds of questions.

I first came on the thread a few months ago when I was to apply for a visa for my grad (I finished an MSc in d UK last year) and it really helped me in getting my application in order,esp the financial docs.I refused to consult a visa agent as I did previously. And all just from reading through your advice and comments on other questions. Needless to say my visa was approved n i had fun at the ceremony. Well done.

I think for most people 'clean' financial records are hard cos most of us do a little business or sthg on the side and we may not be able to account for all our sources of income with legitimate paperwork. However I just advice people who want to travel to the UK for holidays to plan it well in advance, keep your account 'clean'with only verifiable sources of income and save up a healthy balance.That's for workers o. Also be as honest as possible in ur applications, a lie may only come bacK to haunt u. If u know u can'† meet up to UK reqs as justwise n vic keep saying, try somewhere else. Too much desperation to get into a particular country when u know u will struggle to meet finanCial and other requirements is just bad.

Once again, thanks a lot guys, keep it up and God bless you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 3:10pm On Jul 27, 2013
whytegirl: Hi justwise and vic, u guys are doing a GREAT job and I must specially commend u on ur patience. Gosh, it takes a special grace to deal with all kinds of questions.

I first came on the thread a few months ago when I was to apply for a visa for my grad (I finished an MSc in d UK last year) and it really helped me in getting my application in order,esp the financial docs.I refused to consult a visa agent as I did previously. And all just from reading through your advice and comments on other questions. Needless to say my visa was approved n i had fun at the ceremony. Well done.

I think for most people 'clean' financial records are hard cos most of us do a little business or sthg on the side and we may not be able to account for all our sources of income with legitimate paperwork. However I just advice people who want to travel to the UK for holidays to plan it well in advance, keep your account 'clean'with only verifiable sources of income and save up a healthy balance.That's for workers o. Also be as honest as possible in ur applications, a lie may only come bacK to haunt u. If u know u can'† meet up to UK reqs as justwise n vic keep saying, try somewhere else. Too much desperation to get into a particular country when u know u will struggle to meet finanCial and other requirements is just bad.

Congratulations!, i'm happy for you and thank you for your kind words, really appreciated.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by kitlady02(f): 10:05pm On Jul 27, 2013
LondonCool:

Where are you transiting to? You just need to make an application at the High Commission like any other application and provide proof of your journey. You need to also give some information about yourself to enable the ECO to be sure that you don't use the Transit visa as a means of staying in the UK.

do i need to provide any financial information?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by igbankebabe: 12:13am On Jul 28, 2013
^^^^ if applying in Lagos, apply at the Lekki VFS office... Their Transit Visa processing time is shorter.

Depending on the kind of Transit Visa (Airside - Airport and no Immigration Customs clearance, OR Landside - immigration customs clearance to go out of Airport and stay in the UK for up to 48 hours), you need to submit every doc as you would any normal visa application - employment/school letter, bank statements pay slips, A VALID VISA FOR WHERE YOU ARE TRANSITING TO, A VALID BOOKED AND PAID FOR RETURN TICKET.

If applying for a Landside, I would suppose you should provide accommodation details of where you would stay for ONLY UP TO 48 hours....and all the shenanigans that come with that.... If hotel, paid booking confirmation; if staying with a relative/friend....invite, utility bills, etc..
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by dannie007(m): 5:21am On Jul 28, 2013
As for my prevous aplication it was a Tourist Visa I aplied for, didn't have any Uncle in the UK, my Intension of being present in my friends graduation is geniune, we have been friends ever since Early skool. We spend our Holidays in either homes. As for the tie, I know I'm not married yet, but I have my Family here, and I newly bought a Land here in my skool planning on erecting 18 rooms for Next session. I really need assistance cos I want to get it right diss time. I have many responsibility here and a brright future here Nigeria. As for my previous aplication, I will prove my Sponsor relationship and and do I do that? I awaits ur response.

LondonCool:

Since you've already been refused a visa before, once your application is processed it would be flagged up. You have 2 hurdles to scale, the ECO in Lagos and the IO in UK, both can refuse you entry.

The ECO would want to know why it is necessary for you to attend the Graduation ceremony.
In view of your economic circumstances he would also make a judgement of why you or your friend Mekus would want to spend X amount just to visit UK.
Assuming you get the visa, the IO on arrival will need to be 'satisfied ' that you are visiting UK as a 'genuine visitor'. Your profile doesn't fit one. The ECO would need to be convinced that you'll be returning to Nigeria ( especially as you are not married , I presume).

Finally, the ECO should query that you were previously refused a visa because you couldn't prove your UK sponsor was related to you and this time you now want to visit the UK to visit a friend (a Student , I presume). So you've now abandoned visiting your 'Uncle'? The mindset of the ECO will tell him that you'll still want to visit your 'Uncle' and that your friends Graduation ceremony is a decoy .

I have not even talked about your financial outlay for the trip ( not being commensurate with your economic circumstances). That's the sentence they'll copy and paste on your refusal letter. Bottom line : You need to have a credible reason for visiting UK, you need to have a credible sponsor in the UK, you need to show that you have the financial outlay for the trip. The previous refusal has already dented your credibility so you need to do your homework well.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 10:24am On Jul 28, 2013
whytegirl: Hi justwise and vic, u guys are doing a GREAT job and I must specially commend u on ur patience. Gosh, it takes a special grace to deal with all kinds of questions.

I appreciate your appreciation, and I hope this is not a farewell message. congratulations.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by kitlady02(f): 12:44pm On Jul 28, 2013
igbankebabe: ^^^^ if applying in Lagos, apply at the Lekki VFS office... Their Transit Visa processing time is shorter.

Depending on the kind of Transit Visa (Airside - Airport and no Immigration Customs clearance, OR Landside - immigration customs clearance to go out of Airport and stay in the UK for up to 48 hours), you need to submit every doc as you would any normal visa application - employment/school letter, bank statements pay slips, A VALID VISA FOR WHERE YOU ARE TRANSITING TO, A VALID BOOKED AND PAID FOR RETURN TICKET.

If applying for a Landside, I would suppose you should provide accommodation details of where you would stay for ONLY UP TO 48 hours....and all the shenanigans that come with that.... If hotel, paid booking confirmation; if staying with a relative/friend....invite, utility bills, etc..

Thanks
What about abuja vfs office?

I have all u mentioned except the accomodation, cos according to my flight schedule d next flight leaves same day but from a different airport.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 1:59pm On Jul 28, 2013
Vicjustice: I sport your appreciation, and I hope this is not a farewell message. congratulations.

Lol, no.. I'll still check in sometimes smiley
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by blaze007(m): 4:21pm On Jul 28, 2013
Wel done guys! And hapy sunday. My own case its nt here afta readin frm page 0-129. My own case, my chick is uk skulng wants 2 send me invite. To come ova and relate smal.I dnt ve a job in naija bt doin smal smal bussines. I ve got lyk 500k in my acct. So wat do i nid 4 dem 2 giv me visa? Tanx
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by worry359(m): 4:55pm On Jul 28, 2013
blaze007: Wel done guys! And hapy sunday. My own case its nt here afta readin frm page 0-129. My own case, my chick is uk skulng wants 2 send me invite. To come ova and relate smal.I dnt ve a job in naija bt doin smal smal bussines. I ve got lyk 500k in my acct. So wat do i nid 4 dem 2 giv me visa? Tanx
Sorry but it's all bad news for you!
You have no funds, no real job so no ties to home.
You are the worst kind of risk that visa officer sees!
V.O. will believe that you will not return home at the end of your visit.
No use pleading and begging with them, they have heard it all before.
You will never get visa until you improve your situation and ties to home.
Also your English is poor and will not meet requirements.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 6:45pm On Jul 28, 2013
igbankebabe: ^^^^ if applying in Lagos, apply at the Lekki VFS office... Their Transit Visa processing time is shorter.

Hi,
Where would you advise I submit my application for faster response.
Oregun VAC or Lekki VAC
I'm applying for a British Overseas Territory Visa.
Documents- sponsors Invitation letter
Sponsor's letter of sponsorship
Job Letter
6 months payslip
Copy of I'd cards nd drivers license
Passport data Page
Bank Letter
My docs
- Letter of intent
Birth cert
Flight itinerary
Notification of result frm uni
Copy of I'd card
Jamb admission letter
Completed Clearance form frm Uni
Alumni fee reciept
NYSC time table for batch C
I plan to return before 25th of October in time for NYSC batch C and I stated it on the letter of Intent.
What else can I possible add?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by blaze007(m): 6:50pm On Jul 28, 2013
worry 359:
Sorry but it's all bad news for you!
You have no funds, no real job so no ties to home.
You are the worst kind of risk that visa officer sees!
V.O. will believe that you will not return home at the end of your visit.
No use pleading and begging with them, they have heard it all before.
You will never get visa until you improve your situation and ties to home.
Also your English is poor and will not meet requirements.
hahahahaha! Dis guy don finish me! U mean my case is that bad? Bt bro, wat advice do u ve 4 a broda? Fyi, ur tone is kind of harsh,dammn! As if i waz goin 2 meet ur chick or sis.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by igbankebabe: 9:29pm On Jul 28, 2013
waka-about:

Hi,
Where would you advise I submit my application for faster response.
Oregun VAC or Lekki VAC
I'm applying for a British Overseas Territory Visa.

I plan to return before 25th of October in time for NYSC batch C and I stated it on the letter of Intent.
What else can I possible add?

I think the Lekki generally has shorter processing times. What is a territory visa?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by igbankebabe: 9:31pm On Jul 28, 2013
kitlady02:
Thanks
What about abuja vfs office?

I have all u mentioned except the accomodation, cos according to my flight schedule d next flight leaves same day but from a different airport.

I have no idea about the Abuja office. You will be needing a Landside... Which airport are you changing to?

Explain to the vo why you don't need accommodation
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 12:37am On Jul 29, 2013
igbankebabe:

I think the Lekki generally has shorter processing times. What is a territory visa?
Visa for when you're heading to a British overseas Territory.
UKBA has the exclusive right to issue visa on behalf of those countries.
I tried pulling the link from UKBA website but can't get the specific link on mobile.

Pls, how do I get to VAC Lekki from their Oregun office. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by igbankebabe: 1:21am On Jul 29, 2013
Take a taxi.. Not sure how else
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by lovesavvi: 12:47pm On Jul 29, 2013
It is possible to download family visit application form before filling it online? Pls kindly link me up with d link to download d form
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by foce(m): 1:21pm On Jul 29, 2013
House pls what if a 6months visa is issued to me before the November 3k bond kicks off and i intend to visit in december for a 2weeks visit. Do u think I will be asked to pay the 3k pounds while I already have the visa or will it only be for the visa seekers alone at that time
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by lovesavvi: 1:30pm On Jul 29, 2013
Am I Good to go with d following document , my brother is inviting for 2 wks visiting nd is goin to send me d following document, invitation letter, payslips,copy of his international passport,his resident permit,tennancy agreement,utilitybills, letter dat his goin to accomodate me for dat period,my own document, bank statement with balance of 500k, my businees registration certificate, invoice dat I used to purchase d mkt, my own invoice dat I used to sell, tax clearance certificate, my business card.@ londoncool am I gud to go with dis? Can u also advice me on wat to add to dis? Waitin for ur reply sir
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 2:00pm On Jul 29, 2013
foce: House pls what if a 6months visa is issued to me before the November 3k bond kicks off and i intend to visit in december for a 2weeks visit. Do u think I will be asked to pay the 3k pounds while I already have the visa or will it only be for the visa seekers alone at that time
I thought that regulation did not stand, hasn't it been scratched out?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 2:03pm On Jul 29, 2013
lovesavvi: Am I Good to go with d following document , my brother is inviting for 3 wks visiting nd is goin to send me d following document, invitation letter, payslips,copy of his international passport,his resident permit,tennancy agreement,utilitybills, letter dat his goin to accomodate me for dat period,my own document, bank statement with balance of 500k, my businees registration certificate, invoice dat I used to purchase d mkt, my own invoice dat I used to sell, tax clearance certificate, my business card.@ justwise and vic am I gud to go with dis? Can u also advice me on wat to add to dis? Waitin for ur reply sir
What would N500k do for you in regard to visa application?

(1) (2) (3) ... (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) ... (426)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.