Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,457 members, 7,770,134 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 05:18 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (976125 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by cfranky: 1:40pm On Jan 08, 2012
Please, I was given an admission letter from a UK university for September 2012/13 intake.
I was also asked to pay part payment. Should i go ahead and make payment now or wait till the middle of the year since the admission is for September. Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by SirP1: 5:20pm On Jan 08, 2012
Ill suggest you wait a bit, you can pay around March/April you might get something better before then so don't rush
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 9:07pm On Jan 08, 2012
cfranky:

Please, I was given an admission letter from a UK university for September 2012/13 intake.
I was also asked to pay part payment. Should i go ahead and make payment now or wait till the middle of the year since the admission is for September. Thanks.

Pay the deposit and get your CAS fees in the UK goes up every year that is for sure.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by cfranky: 11:49pm On Jan 08, 2012
@ justwise
Are you saying i should pay the deposit now?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 9:29am On Jan 09, 2012
cfranky:

@ justwise
Are you saying i should pay the deposit now?

Pay the deposit, get the CAS so that if the fees goes up in a few months time it will not affect you.

Make sure the school is genuine before paying your fees.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by rockchic: 12:10pm On Jan 09, 2012
Dear Justwise, i have a question.

I completed my Msc program in 2011 june and visa expired in August. By November, i wanted to go for a one week short course in Uk and applied for a student visitor visa, since they said that is what is required. They gave me a 6 MONTHS MULTIPLE ENTRY for the 1 week course. The student visitor visa is expiring in April. I went for the course and came back after one week. My Msc graduation is in March. Since this was multiple entry can i use the visa to go for the graduation or i need to apply for an ordinary visitor visa.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 12:33pm On Jan 09, 2012
rockchic:

Dear Justwise, i have a question.

I completed my Msc program in 2011 june and visa expired in August. By November, i wanted to go for a one week short course in Uk and applied for a student visitor visa, since they said that is what is required. They gave me a 6 MONTHS MULTIPLE ENTRY for the 1 week course. The student visitor visa is expiring in April. I went for the course and came back after one week. My Msc graduation is in March. Since this was multiple entry[b] can i use the visa to go for the graduation [/b]or i need to apply for an ordinary visitor visa.

Sure you can.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by blank(f): 12:46pm On Jan 09, 2012
@ Justwise, do I need a separate application for my son who is under 1? As in a child visitor visa or just include him in mine?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 12:51pm On Jan 09, 2012
blank:

@ Justwise, do I need a separate application for my son who is under 1? As in a child visitor visa or just include him in mine?

I can't really remember now but read family visit visa guideline in UKBA website because i 'think' you only need to complete only one form. Check it out to be sure.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by blank(f): 1:14pm On Jan 09, 2012
thanks a lot.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by emyemIT(m): 9:48pm On Jan 09, 2012
Please why do you think a father would never want to invite his daughter to UK, having heard that he does claim the child in the UK
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by SOTAJ: 2:57pm On Jan 10, 2012
Hello All,

I'd like to use this medium to really commend everybody that has contributed to shedding light on peoples' dark areas on this forum. You guys are really doing great and I'd appreciate if some light is shed on an issue for me as well.

My wife intends to spend her vacation in the UK with our 6 month old boy come April.

The issue here is that both my wife and I have valid visas to the Uk having been there on vacation couple of times, but my boy doesn't.

My question now is, what documents will be required for his own visa application and how do we go about it (ie} can we apply for him alone as an individual?

Your responses will be highly appreciated.

The

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 3:29pm On Jan 10, 2012
SOTAJ:

Hello All,

I'd like to use this medium to really commend everybody that has contributed to shedding light on peoples' dark areas on this forum. You guys are really doing great and I'd appreciate if some light is shed on an issue for me as well.

My wife intends to spend her vacation in the UK with our 6 month old boy come April.

The issue here is that both my wife and I have valid visas to the Uk having been there on vacation couple of times, but my boy doesn't.

My question now is, what documents will be required for his own visa application and how do we go about it (ie} can we apply for him alone as an individual?

The

His birth certificate is important, a letter of consent (Very important) from you, marriage certificate, family pictures, evidence of accommodation arrangement suitable for a child and the mother, financial evidence that will meet the cost of the trip. List of places they will be visiting in the UK.

Does your child own a passport? If yes then your wife should attach a photocopy of her visa and data page to the application package.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 3:32pm On Jan 10, 2012
emyem IT:

Please why do you think a father would never want to invite his daughter to UK, having heard that he does claim the child in the UK

You mean his claimed previously that the child is in the UK and now want to invite somebody from Nigeria as his child?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by SOTAJ: 9:56pm On Jan 10, 2012
Quote from: SOTAJ on Today at 02:57:49 PM
Hello All,

His birth certificate is important, a letter of consent (Very important) from you, marriage certificate, family pictures, evidence of accommodation arrangement suitable for a child and the mother, financial evidence that will meet the cost of the trip. List of places they will be visiting in the UK.

Does your child own a passport? If yes then your wife should attach a photocopy of her visa and data page to the application package.

@Justwise, thank you very much
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by visanewbee: 6:20pm On Jan 16, 2012
@Justwise  i need you advice on this.
- I studied for my Bsc at a UK University as a Distant Learning Student and Have completed my course.
- I am planing to attend my Graduation Ceremony in March 2012.
- I have previously been [b]refused [/b]VISA to the UK in 2009 when i tried to apply with my wife,
- The reason for the refusal then was;
[list]
[li] there was a lump sum of money deposited into my account that does not corroborate with my claimed salary (this was actually because my employer then does not pay salary frequently and sometimes has to pay 3months at the same time) smiley [/li]
[li]the second reason was that my wife claimed to be self-employed in the application but there was no business document to support her claim (She makes cakes) smiley [/li]
[/list]

- My Status has changed significantly since then, I now earn 300k monthly as a consultant for the last 1 year
- I have a balance of about 700k on my account
- I intend to travel for just three day to attend my graduation and do shopping
- My employer does not give payslip but my account shows payment from my employer.
- I can get a reference letter from my employer to support my application.
- I have an invitation letter from My School to attend my graduation ceremony

Kindly Advice on my chances and possible documents that i may require to package my application.

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 7:47pm On Jan 16, 2012
visanewbee:

- I studied for my Bsc at a UK University as a Distant Learning Student and Have completed my course.
- I have previously been [b]refused [/b]VISA to the UK in 2009 when i tried to apply with my wife,
[list]
[li] there was a lump sum of money deposited into my account that does not corroborate with my claimed salary (this was actually because my employer then does not pay salary frequently and sometimes has to pay 3months at the same time) smiley [/li]
[li]the second reason was that my wife claimed to be self-employed in the application but there was no business document to support her claim (She makes cakes) smiley [/li]
[/list]

- My Status has changed significantly since then, I now earn 300k monthly as a consultant for the last 1 year
- My employer does not give payslip but my account shows payment from my employer.

Kindly Advice on my chances and possible documents that i may require to package my application.

Thanks

First you need to check if the school is registered with UKBA? If its not registered the BHC will not recognise the letter or qualification issued by them. If you don't mind i can check that out for you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by visanewbee: 12:09am On Jan 17, 2012
justwise:

First  you need to check if the school is registered with UKBA? If its not registered the BHC will not recognise the letter or qualification issued by them. If you don't mind i can check that out for you.

Thanks @justwise. I have confirmed that the school is registered With UKBA. (http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/documents/employersandsponsors/pointsbasedsystem/registerofsponsorseducation)

Any other tip you may want to help with will be highly appreciated. I intend to submit on the 20th of this month.

Cheers
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 8:36am On Jan 17, 2012
visanewbee:

[list]
[/list]

Thanks

Its 50/50 situation, the ECO may argue that your school can as well post the certificate to you since its distance learning program, that said, you could be issued a visa as well, please don't forget to tick yes when asked if you have been refused visa before and explain what happened.

Make your accommodation arrangement, make list of things you intend to do with the remaining days after the graduation, letter from your employer is important, your family ties. . .pictures, marriage cert, etc.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by visanewbee: 10:05am On Jan 17, 2012
@Justwise thank for the tips. I will let you know how it goes.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 10:45am On Jan 17, 2012
visanewbee:

@Justwise thank for the tips. I will let you know how it goes.

No worries.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by leicester2: 8:44pm On Jan 17, 2012
@justwise, i sent an email to your hotmail address, kindly read and hope to read back from you soon.(piousoul)
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by fishhooks: 3:44pm On Jan 18, 2012
Hello everyone
Well done on the wonderful job that you are doing here with all the valued advice you give.
My husband was denied a visa last year because of the following reasons by the ECO:
• The amount he stated he receives as a monthly income did not reflect what was going in his account. The reason for this is a lot of money is taken from his salary before the balance is paid for things such as ajo (collection), office upkeep
• He did not present a pay slip because the company he works for does not issue one so the ECO said he couldn’t accept what he said he earns
• He applied for a family visa and put my uncle down as the person he is going to stay with but when the ECO called my uncle to ask who my husband was to him, my uncle said family friend so the ECO took it as a lie but the truth is that he won’t refer to my uncle as anything else.
• The ECO said my uncle did not show evidence of his job in the UK. All ,my uncle sent was a letter of IV and a copy of his British passport
• The ECO was suspicious that he was not married at that time. He asked my uncle when he called but not my husband.
Now, he has decided to apply again and whilst his status has changed (we got married in Aug), his salary hasn’t and it is not a lot (100k a month). We want to make sure we do everything right to ensure he gets the visa.
Can you please advice if he should say he is sponsoring himself on the little he earns or if he can at his age (40) get someone to sponsor him and what documents would he need to provide?
We intend to address all the points made by the ECO for his previous refusal.
Please help !
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by leicester2: 5:53pm On Jan 18, 2012
@justwise, thank you for your attention, i sent you an email regarding a contact i can write the british embassy at. will be glad if you have anything on this. thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 6:13pm On Jan 18, 2012
leicester2:

@justwise, thank you for your attention, i sent you an email regarding a contact i can write the british embassy at. will be glad if you have anything on this. thank you

Check your email.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 6:28pm On Jan 18, 2012
fishhooks:

Hello everyone
Well done on the wonderful job that you are doing here with all the valued advice you give.
My husband was denied a visa last year because of the following reasons by the ECO:
• The amount he stated he receives as a monthly income did not reflect what was going in his account. The reason for this is a lot of money is taken from his salary before the balance is paid for things such as ajo (collection), office upkeep
• He did not present a pay slip because the company he works for does not issue one so the ECO said he couldn’t accept what he said he earns
• He applied for a family visa and put my uncle down as the person he is going to stay with but when the ECO called my uncle to ask who my husband was to him, my uncle said family friend so the ECO took it as a lie but the truth is that he won’t refer to my uncle as anything else.
• The ECO said my uncle did not show evidence of his job in the UK. All ,my uncle sent was a letter of IV and a copy of his British passport
• The ECO was suspicious that he was not married at that time. He asked my uncle when he called but not my husband.
Now, he has decided to apply again and whilst his status has changed (we got married in Aug), his salary hasn’t and it is not a lot (100k a month). We want to make sure we do everything right to ensure he gets the visa.
Can you please advice if he should say he is sponsoring himself on the little he earns or if he can at his age (40) get someone to sponsor him and what documents would he need to provide?
We intend to address all the points made by the ECO for his previous refusal.
Please help !

I think your uncle messed things up for your hubby's application, sending the IV and his British passport is not enough, he needs to send him things like. . . payslips/bank statement and evidence of accommodation for your hubby. Your hubby also need to write down his travel plans, things he plan to do in the UK.

He should not forget to address those issues raised by the ECO this time around, like the employer not giving payslip and stuff.

As per this N100K salary, the ECO has to consider the importance of his travel and the financial implication to him in Nigeria as a family man.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by fishhooks: 6:42pm On Jan 18, 2012
Thank you Justwise for your advice. All these has been duly noted.
My husband wants to come to the UK for the Easter holidays.
His mom and brother live in the UK but we didn’t use them which was a big mistake because they all have the same name. I won’t want us to use them now so that they don’t think he wants to leave Nigeria by all means.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by visanewbee: 8:06pm On Jan 18, 2012
@justwise
Thanks for your relentless efforts on this thread men! May you never be tired of answering our questions oh wink
Just a quick one.

1. I currently work as a consultant and i get paid monthly no payslips is given but my bank statements shows the payments from my company accordingly. will I be cool with just presenting my statements and letter from my company?

2. Although I have a tax card from my previous employer, (2years ago) I don't have any tax fillings from my current employment can I just ignore submitting tax documents?

3. My current employment is not exactly a full time employment  - it is more like an appointment that is renewable every year and i have renewed twice now. my current contract expires in November 2012. I have a feeling that the ECO might consider it as a non-permanent job, do you share my thoughts on this?

Thanks men (sorry it wasn't a quick one after all grin).
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 10:22pm On Jan 18, 2012
visanewbee:

@justwise
Thanks for your relentless efforts on this thread men! May you never be tired of answering our questions oh wink
Just a quick one.

1. I currently work as a consultant and i get paid monthly no payslips is given but my bank statements shows the payments from my company accordingly. will I be cool with just presenting my statements and letter from my company?

2. Although I have a tax card from my previous employer, (2years ago) I don't have any tax fillings from my current employment can I just ignore submitting tax documents?

3. My current employment is not exactly a full time employment  - it is more like an appointment that is renewable every year and i have renewed twice now. my current contract expires in November 2012. I have a feeling that the ECO might consider it as a non-permanent job, do you share my thoughts on this?

Thanks men (sorry it wasn't a quick one after all grin).

Since you are in a payroll of a company then you don't need to bother about tax clearance, the company pays the tax while you get net-pay.
Explain the issue of payslip in your form though since the company's name appears in your bank statement that will do.

Since you have an ongoing contract with the company that will be considered as tie to Nigeria but remember to attach the contract document and letter from the company to your application package.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 10:27pm On Jan 18, 2012
fishhooks:

Thank you Justwise for your advice. All these has been duly noted.
My husband wants to come to the UK for the Easter holidays.
His mom and brother live in the UK but we didn’t use them which was a big mistake because they all have the same name. I won’t want us to use them now so that they don’t think he wants to leave Nigeria by all means.

That was really missed opportunity, using his mom and brother would have been better during the initial application. Using them now will raise alot of questions, for e.g, why did he not use them before or mention that in his initial application. . . .
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by visanewbee: 10:32pm On Jan 18, 2012
@justwise Thanks as always mehn.
I will send you a non-subsidized e-Champagne one of these days grin
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by tayotee(m): 12:06am On Jan 21, 2012
Hello peeps,

I'm inviting my momsy to my graduation here in UK. I have sent her the invitation letter and the required letter from school. It is indicated in the letter that she is going to stay with me hence I think accommodation is sorted out. She intends to spend just a week here.

I will like to know specifically how much will be okay to have in her account for that duration before applying for the visa and if there is a "self deposited" lump sum in her account, hope that isn't a problem OR if the lump sum is deposited by her husband, will she need her husband's account statement as a supporting evidence or just a letter from him indicating he is supporting her travel.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (426)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Travelling To Canada Part 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.