Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,356 members, 7,808,241 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:16 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (204) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (980256 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by spikesC(m): 3:20pm On Jul 27, 2014
denass16:

No I haven't submitted my passport and supporting docs. That is done at VFS, right? That is d stage I am. I went there on friday to have my biometrics captured, submit my passport, printed app and other supporting docs. That is where my passport was rejected because of a colouration caused by moisture at the lower part of my photograpah.

Well, here is my advise. The reality here is that you must get a new passport, and doing it now would take away future headaches.
So, if possible, call UKVI on Wednesday morning and lay out your problem, JUST TO GET THEIR OPINION.

Go to immigration office afterwards and get a new passport. You'll definitely get it the same day.
Call your school and lay out the issue so that they would update your CAS or issue you a letter, notifying the UKBA that they're aware of the issue.

I know ATAS takes so much time, but you can actually try to update it or just leave it as is.

While submitting your application and biometrics, write a letter informing the UKBA of the issue and state both of your passport numbers, clearly indicating to them the new one that they should stamp.

Submit both passports with your application

BTW, 22nd September is enough time as you still have almost 2months

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by 3sha4lyf: 5:01pm On Jul 27, 2014
denass16:

No I haven't submitted my passport and supporting docs. That is done at VFS, right? That is d stage I am. I went there on friday to have my biometrics captured, submit my passport, printed app and other supporting docs. That is where my passport was rejected because of a colouration caused by moisture at the lower part of my photograpah.

SpikesC is right. I can also add another suggestion. Withdraw your application first of all and request a refund. While this process is going on, sort your passport, Cas and Atas out; ring your uni on Monday, and let them know you will be requiring a new CAS letter with your updated passport, which you can only get the details when the Nigerian holidays are over. That way, you hear what they have to say and makes it easier when you finally get the new passport. I'm sure your uni will be happy to help.

Make a fresh application and be sure to indicate in your additional info that u made an application but withdrew it because of xyz reason (just a short 10-15 words sentence in bullet point, among other supporting info)
Guess u should be fine.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 7:04pm On Jul 27, 2014
Thanks a lot @SpikesC and @3sha4lyf. Ur advises are invaluable. I will ring my school 2mrw and inform them of the development. I will also see if I can get the ATAS updated once I have a new passport no. I would rather leave the application as it is cos I don't think it will be easy to have all my docs (admissn letter, medicals, etc) carry my new Passport no. Submitting both passports and the letter shd explain y they carry a different passport no. from my new visa.

God bless u, guys!

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by 3sha4lyf: 10:06pm On Jul 27, 2014
denass16: Thanks a lot @SpikesC and @3sha4lyf. Ur advises are invaluable. I will ring my school 2mrw and inform them of the development. I will also see if I can get the ATAS updated once I have a new passport no. I would rather leave the application as it is cos I don't think it will be easy to have all my docs (admissn letter, medicals, etc) carry my new Passport no. Submitting both passports and the letter shd explain y they carry a different passport no. from my new visa.

God bless u, guys!

Fair enough... pls update us later. Cheers.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by esosa4real(m): 5:44pm On Jul 28, 2014
Hi house, is it okay to attach a letter titled _(Additional Info) with your documents? Was planning to explain sources of some cash reflecting on my bank statements which is apart from my monthly salary.

Also as regards that, i have a sum paid to me from a friend about N300,000 last month, it was payment for series of website design jobs which is way different from my monthly salary. I have no receipt for this payment, as am a freelancer and my company isn't registered. would it be seen as Lump sum lodgement even if i explain in letter?

Lastly, i have my payslips of last 6 months except April, no doctor in the hospital was given April payslip because the method of payment was different and done locally. Should i also explain in the letter? or just disregard.

Thanks wonderful people, regard to victustice, justwise and th other ladyw ho get her vis, Godbless.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by thisismystique: 5:57pm On Jul 28, 2014
Hello guys,

I honestly wish I had come to this feed before I submitted my visa application to the UK. Unfortunately, I was given a Refusal. My sister is of the view that I appeal as I applied for a Family Visit visa.

However, on the bottom of my application, it reads: 'Your right of appeal is limited to the grounds referred to in section 84(1)(c) of the Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Act 2002.' Please what does this mean? Can I not appeal?

Thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by worry359(m): 6:03pm On Jul 28, 2014
thisismystique: Hello guys,

I honestly wish I had come to this feed before I submitted my visa application to the UK. Unfortunately, I was given a Refusal. My sister is of the view that I appeal as I applied for a Family Visit visa.

However, on the bottom of my application, it reads: 'Your right of appeal is limited to the grounds referred to in section 84(1)(c) of the Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Act 2002.' Please what does this mean? Can I not appeal?

Thank you.
Sorry
This is the UK way of saying "no appeal"
You should go through the reason for rejection, address and correct those problems and re-apply.

Give the wording of the refusal and someone will clarify.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 6:03pm On Jul 28, 2014
thisismystique: Hello guys,

Thank you.

No, you don't have full right of appeal.

Why were you refused?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by 3sha4lyf: 6:59pm On Jul 28, 2014
esosa4real:
Hi house, is it okay to attach a letter titled _(Additional Info) with your documents? Was planning to explain sources of some cash reflecting on my bank statements which is apart from my monthly salary.

Yes it's very okay, infact, it's ideal, IMO.

Also as regards that, i have a sum paid to me from a friend about N300,000 last month, it was payment for series of website design jobs which is way different from my monthly salary. I have no receipt for this payment, as am a freelancer and my company isn't registered. would it be seen as Lump sum lodgement even if i explain in letter?

Indicate that your account shows NGN300k which reflects payment for informal job performed for personal client(s). Nature of job: website design (include the website addresses). Note that if you're insincere, they'll fish u out and dats equal to "10years-don't-bother-to-visit-uk". Also be sure to answer that you receive income from other sources other than salary.

Lastly, i have my payslips of last 6 months except April, no doctor in the hospital was given April payslip because the method of payment was different and done locally. Should i also explain in the letter? or just disregard.

You should be able to explain that as well... Don't even bother disregardin it. They can't know why you didn't provide a complete essential supporting document if you don't explain to them.

Thanks wonderful people, regard to victustice, justwise and th other ladyw ho get her vis, Godbless.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by thisismystique: 7:00pm On Jul 28, 2014
justwise:

No, you don't have full right of appeal.

Why were you refused?

I had 3 large deposits in my account which were questioned. However, because of my job in my place of employment as the Legal & Regulatory Consultant, the company pays money through my account whenever they need to be paid to persons for regulatory related purposes. In fact, my statement of account showed that these moneys were being paid by the same company I showed proof I was working for, the remarks told the purpose of the money and there was proof that the money left my account shortly afterwards.

Also, my sister who I was going to visit, they said they couldn't reach. Whereas, they called her mobile during working hours. And of course, she missed the call. They called her husband too and he told them she was at work and if they could call back, he would give them her office numbers but they never did.

If I don't have full right of appeal, does that mean I have some right of appeal?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 7:06pm On Jul 28, 2014
thisismystique:

I had 3 large deposits in my account which were questioned. However, because of my job in my place of employment as the Legal & Regulatory Consultant, the company pays money through my account whenever they need to be paid to persons for regulatory related purposes. In fact, my statement of account showed that these moneys were being paid by the same company I showed proof I was working for, the remarks told the purpose of the money and there was proof that the money left my account shortly afterwards.

Also, my sister who I was going to visit, they said they couldn't reach. Whereas, they called her mobile during working hours. And of course, she missed the call. They called her husband too and he told them she was at work and if they could call back, he would give them her office numbers but they never did.

If I don't have full right of appeal, does that mean I have some right of appeal?

No you don't. You can send administrative review, 'technically' you are entitled to that but you don't submit any additional document, just a written statement arguing why you think the ECO was wrong to refuse you a visa. The ECM will go through your complain and review your application again. This process is free. You can download the form online.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by joxiri: 7:21pm On Jul 28, 2014
justwise: [/b]

No you don't. You can send administrative review, 'technically' you are entitled to that but you don't submit any additional document, just a written statement arguing why you think the ECO was wrong to refuse you a visa. The ECM will go through your complain and review your application again. This process is free. You can download the form online.

@ justwise
Have they stopped appeal process for family visitor visa application
Wow I didn't know this
When did it come into effect please
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 7:26pm On Jul 28, 2014
joxiri:

@ justwise
Have they stopped appeal process for family visitor visa application
Wow I didn't know this
When did it come into effect please

See my attachment for what the UKBA regards as family

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by joxiri: 6:11am On Jul 29, 2014
justwise:

See my attachment for what the UKBA regards as family

So is there still right of appeal for family member in these categories?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Chrizizon: 11:50am On Jul 29, 2014
Thanks for your good work here @Justwise, @vicjustice and co. I want to apply for a visiting visa to the UK to visit my elder sister (inviter) and also to attend my nephew(Elder sister's son) uni graduation ceremony which comes up in a few months. The thing is that i am a business man registered as a sole proprietor with CAC. I have no business account as i use my savings account for business, mainly to accept payment from clients and funds transfer purposes. Nature of my Business: import goods from Asia(India precisely) and sell in Nigeria. My business was registered 5 months ago with CAC though i have started business much earlier, also i have also registered with tax office Abuja and given a tax identification number but no tax clearance certificate yet. I have various records of transactions and have been in Asia once b4 for business purpose and also have a valid Mexican visa. I want to know if i am qualified for the UK visitor visa application as i don't want to waste my time & hard earned money applying and then getting a refusal, u know naira is hard to get nowadays grin. Any useful assistance and information will be welcome. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 12:13pm On Jul 29, 2014
Chrizizon: Thanks for your good work here @Justwise and co. I want to apply for a visiting visa to the UK to visit my elder sister (inviter) and also to attend my nephew(Elder sister's son) uni graduation ceremony which comes up in a few months. The thing is that i am a business man registered as a sole proprietor with CAC. I have no business account as i use my savings account for business, mainly to accept payment from clients and funds transfer purposes. Nature of my Business: import goods from Asia(India precisely) and sell in Nigeria. My business was registered 5 months ago with CAC though i have started business much earlier, also i have also registered with tax office Abuja and given a tax identification number but no tax clearance certificate yet. I have various records of transactions and have been in Asia once b4 for business purpose and also have a valid Mexican visa. I want to know if i am qualified for the UK visitor visa application as i don't want to waste my time applying and then getting a refusal, u know naira is hard to get nowadays grin. Any useful assistance and information will be welcome. Thanks

Qualifying is one thing while getting a visa is yet another thing. No visa is guaranteed, so even if you are qualified and met the requirements you can still be refused a visa.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Chrizizon: 12:24pm On Jul 29, 2014
@Justwise..answer Not so encouraging here, like this uk visa thing has become like a Kalokalo (gamble).Based on what i explained b4, I want to know whether my situation falls into d category of getting a visa at all.Thanks for the good work again and swift RP
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 12:31pm On Jul 29, 2014
Chrizizon: @Justwise..answer Not so encouraging here, like this uk visa thing has become like a Kalokalo (gamble).Based on what i explained b4, I want to know whether my situation falls into d category of getting a visa at all.Thanks for the good work again and swift RP

Nobody can tell you with confident whether you will be given a visa or not, you can only apply and the ECO makes the decision. It will be wrong for me to tell you...yes you are qualified and will be given a visa or not.

Prepare your documents well and apply then hope for the best outcome
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Chrizizon: 12:41pm On Jul 29, 2014
@Justwise..U are correct, no one can really tell with confidence whether those unpredictable Ecos would give visa or not, as they seem not to make their decisions based on documents submitted..i will try applying any way and hope for a good outcome
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 12:44pm On Jul 29, 2014
Chrizizon: @Justwise..U are correct, no one can really tell with confidence whether those unpredictable Ecos would give visa or not, as they seem not to make their decisions based on documents submitted
Without interview they make their decisions purely on documents submitted.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Chrizizon: 12:57pm On Jul 29, 2014
I must thank u guys for your great work here, unlike b4 i now have enough knowledge for Uk visa application, i will be dropping my application soon.

@Justwise i need your help, could you send me ur email, i want to forward a message to you regarding list of documents i have prepared to submit along my application and also a reference letter backing my application, just for your advice if there is anything more i could add to boost things up for my visitor visa application. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by charzyh2: 2:09pm On Jul 29, 2014
@Justwise
Please, I have some question. Am I free to ask?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 2:11pm On Jul 29, 2014
charzyh2: @Justwise
Please, I have some question. Am I free to ask?

I'm not sure, but is there any restriction or charge for asking question?

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 2:11pm On Jul 29, 2014
Chrizizon: I must thank u guys for your great work here, unlike b4 i now have enough knowledge for Uk visa application, i will be dropping my application soon.

@Justwise i need your help, could you send me ur email, i want to forward a message to you regarding list of documents i have prepared to submit along my application and also a reference letter backing my application, just for your advice if there is anything more i could add to boost things up for my visitor visa application. Thanks

Feel free to list it here
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by charzyh2: 2:16pm On Jul 29, 2014
justwise: [/b]

I'm not sure, but is there any restriction or charge for asking question?

@Justwise, I am 21 years. I met an American woman on facebook. She and her husband introduced me to a network marketing business. I got interested in the business. So, they sponsored my registration financially. The husband has been chatting with me by email.
Now, they want me to come over there (US) for seminars in either December or January.
They are ready to stand as my sponsor and they are willing to provide any supporting documents for the invitation and sponsorship.
My questions are:

1. Is this a business visa or tourist visa?
2. What documents are required of them being my sponsor in this kind of situation?
3. What documents required are required of me?
4. And what are my my chances of being approved of this type of visa in this situation?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Chrizizon: 2:23pm On Jul 29, 2014
Thanks a lot @Justwise . My letter to VO and list of docs to submit below, kindly check and see if i am towing the right line. Thanks again Bro

Reference Letter for Visa officer:

Please Note I am a business man and sole proprietor of (name and address of my company). I am applying for a visiting visa to enter the UK for the first time so i can be able to visit my sister who is inviting me and attend sister's son university graduation ceremony which comes up on the 25/11/2014 at (name of school).

I intend to stay in the UK for a period of 2 weeks (15/11/2014 to 30/11/2014). However i will be staying in my sister's house in London (sisters house address in UK) throughout my visit as she would be responsible for my feeding and accommodation. Please refer to invitation letter.
While in London, I also plan to see places like Buckingham palace, London eye, National gallery London, London underground and do some shopping at Oxford street in London. My sister and nephew have promised to take me around to see above mentioned places in London. This trip means a lot for me as my mother and some other family members too will be attending the University graduation ceremony for my nephew .

Nature of my business: Import goods and sell in Nigeria, goods are mainly clothing items, computer wares and other goods usually brought in from India, also I export Nigerian food stuffs to India on a medium scale.
Please note that my savings account is also used for my business transactions, mostly for funds transfer purposes since i have debit MasterCard that allows me to withdraw money abroad for transaction purposes. Usually funds are paid into my saving account by clients or handed to me by hand; you could refer to my bank statement for funds paid in lump sums at various dates.
My personal income yearly is between N700,000 to N1,100,000 as annual profits from trading activities. I will be paying for my trip (Flight tickets, small shopping) for which I have budgeted N250,000 and finally I plan to return back to India for a period of time for some businesses after UK trip.

Items submitted alongside my visa application form.

1. Travel documents (1 international passport)
2. Letter of invitation from my elder sister (Inviter).
3. Pictures of me and Sister and My nephew (sister’s son) to show relationship claim.
4. Utility bills from Inviter.
5. Copies of my sister's identification documents, passport data page, UK naturalization documents.
6. Originals and copies of receipts for shipment of goods from India to Nigeria from India postal service (post office) as trade proof.
7. Registration of business name document (CAC certificate and other registration documents).
8. Past messages sent and also received through emails to sister and my nephew (Document to support relationship claims)
9. Print out for Individual taxpayer registration details from FIRS Garki tax office, Abuja. (Evidence of Current Tax status)
10. Bank statement covering a period of 6months. (01/02/2014 to 31/07/2014): Evidence of Financial Ability to Fund my trip
11. A reference letter from my bank manager to the British Embassy
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 2:27pm On Jul 29, 2014
charzyh2:

@Justwise, I am 21 years. I met an American woman on facebook. She and her husband introduced me to a network marketing business. I got interested in the business. So, they sponsored my registration financially. The husband has been chatting with me by email.
Now, they want me to come over there (US) for seminars in either December or January.
They are ready to stand as my sponsor and they are willing to provide any supporting documents for the invitation and sponsorship.
My questions are:

1. Is this a business visa or tourist visa?
2. What documents are required of them being my sponsor in this kind of situation?
3. What documents required are required of me?
4. And what are my my chances of being approved of this type of visa in this situation?

Please post it here https://www.nairaland.com/608780/usa-visit-visa that is US visa thread
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 2:34pm On Jul 29, 2014
Chrizizon: Thanks a lot @Justwise . My letter to VO and list of docs to submit below, kindly check and see if i am towing the right line. Thanks again Bro

Reference Letter for Visa officer:

Please Note I am a business man and sole proprietor of (name and address of my company). I am applying for a visiting visa to enter the UK for the first time so i can be able to visit my sister who is inviting me and attend sister's son university graduation ceremony which comes up on the 25/11/2014 at (name of school).

I intend to stay in the UK for a period of 2 weeks (15/11/2014 to 30/11/2014). However i will be staying in my sister's house in London (sisters house address in UK) throughout my visit as she would be responsible for my feeding and accommodation. Please refer to invitation letter.
While in London, I also plan to see places like Buckingham palace, London eye, National gallery London, London underground and do some shopping at Oxford street in London. My sister and nephew have promised to take me around to see above mentioned places in London. This trip means a lot for me as my mother and some other family members too will be attending the University graduation ceremony for my nephew .

Nature of my business: Import goods and sell in Nigeria, goods are mainly clothing items, computer wares and other goods usually brought in from India, also I export Nigerian food stuffs to India on a medium scale.
Please note that my savings account is also used for my business transactions, mostly for funds transfer purposes since i have debit MasterCard that allows me to withdraw money abroad for transaction purposes. Usually funds are paid into my saving account by clients or handed to me by hand; you could refer to my bank statement for funds paid in lump sums at various dates.
My personal income yearly is between N700,000 to N1,100,000 as annual profits from trading activities. I will be paying for my trip (Flight tickets, small shopping) for which I have budgeted N250,000 and finally I plan to return back to India for a period of time for some businesses after UK trip.

Items submitted alongside my visa application form.

1. Travel documents (1 international passport)
2. Letter of invitation from my elder sister (Inviter).
3. Pictures of me and Sister and My nephew (sister’s son) to show relationship claim.
4. Utility bills from Inviter.
5. Copies of my sister's identification documents, passport data page, UK naturalization documents.
6. Originals and copies of receipts for shipment of goods from India to Nigeria from India postal service (post office) as trade proof.
7. Registration of business name document (CAC certificate and other registration documents).
8. Past messages sent and also received through emails to sister and my nephew (Document to support relationship claims)
9. Print out for Individual taxpayer registration details from FIRS Garki tax office, Abuja. (Evidence of Current Tax status)
10. Bank statement covering a period of 6months. (01/02/2014 to 31/07/2014): Evidence of Financial Ability to Fund my trip
11. A reference letter from my bank manager to the British Embassy

No evidence of accommodation from your sister? Tenancy agreement or mortgage paper? Your sister's bank statement/payslip?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by charzyh2: 2:37pm On Jul 29, 2014
justwise:

Please post it here https://www.nairaland.com/608780/usa-visit-visa that is US visa thread

@Justwise, thank you. I have posted it there. Please, I will like to get some advice from you on over there.
Thank you very much once again.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 2:37pm On Jul 29, 2014
charzyh2:

@Justwise, thank you. I have posted it there. Please, I will like to get some advice from you on over there.
Thank you very much once again.

Done that
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Chrizizon: 2:39pm On Jul 29, 2014
Wow never thought of that,u too much @Justwise, she could provide those docs too. Do u think i will need anything else? Thanks a lot bro.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 2:49pm On Jul 29, 2014
Chrizizon: Wow never thought of that,u too much @Justwise, she could provide those docs too. Do u think i will need anything else? Thanks a lot bro.

I can't think of anything else at the moment. If she can add those then good, good luck with the application.

(1) (2) (3) ... (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) ... (426)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.