Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,491 members, 7,808,817 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:21 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (222) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (980285 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (219) (220) (221) (222) (223) (224) (225) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 4:59pm On Sep 01, 2014
AceMiss: Hello Justwise and other gurus in the house. Please i desperately need you help. I just paid for my visa application and submitted it,my appointment has been confirmed and i have printed all relevant documents needed for submission on Wednesday. I was going through my printed application and that was when i realized i had made a mistake on the expiration date of my last visa(i put 23 May 2014 instead of 23 Feb 2014). Kindly advice me house on what can be done to rectify this mistake considering the fact that the application has been submitted and my appointment is on Wednesday (3rd Sept) and i can not re apply for later because i will be unavailable from Friday(5th Sept). Please help me my people,i need help fast.
You should be fine, the error is trivial and understandable especially as it is clear that it was not a deceptive attempt, the visa officer can even correct that for you.
You can ignore it or add a note if you like. Cheers

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by fikki1: 6:36pm On Sep 01, 2014
Please...I need interpretation...I think this english is beyound my comprehension...though have not gone to VAC ...but I jst need ur explanation...its somehow to me...pls

Your application has been approved and the visa
has been issued. We aim to return passports to the
VAC within 2 working days. You can check the
location of your passport

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by 3sha4lyf: 6:43pm On Sep 01, 2014
fikki1: Please...I need interpretation...I think this english is beyound my comprehension...though have not gone to VAC ...but I jst need ur explanation...its somehow to me...pls

Your application has been approved and the visa
has been issued. We aim to return passports to the
VAC within 2 working days. You can check the
location of your passport

lol. That time when excitement makes you be like "are you kidding me?"
I think it MAY mean that your application was successful. So the VAC ie. VFS will be in contact with you soon (after 2 wd) so you can go pick up your documents.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by adesolami36: 6:45pm On Sep 01, 2014
The Cos is been scanned and sent to my mail.Can I print it out and submit with my application or do I need to tell them to send the original.
abode:

You should provide a document that shows all the information on ur COS. .. The ref number, ur work start and and dates, salary etc

See Url : https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/318380/T2_Gen_Supporting_Documents.pdf
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by fikki1: 6:50pm On Sep 01, 2014
3sha4lyf:

lol. That time when excitement makes you be like "are you kidding me?"
I think it MAY mean that your application was successful. So the VAC ie. VFS will be in contact with you soon (after 2 wd) so you can go pick up your documents.

Do they normally send message if the application was rejected or granted
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by babylawyr(f): 8:53pm On Sep 01, 2014
fikki1:

LOL. I cant laff.

Quick question, did you apply for a visa?

If yes, then it MAY have been granted.

P.S. I can translate to other languages too. *just kidding*
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by 3sha4lyf: 9:42pm On Sep 01, 2014
fikki1:

Whether your application was successful or not, they keep you posted. But why am I 100% certain that you got your visa? smiley share the joy by Friday ok.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by OBINNACHRISTIAN(m): 10:32pm On Sep 01, 2014
[b][/b]Please admin, a friend of my in UK is asking me to join her over there and i told her to sent me an Invitation.
She is asking me about on how to go through it as i am a novice on this aspect.
My problem now is that i want to join her but don't know what to do as i have asked her to send me an invitation letter.
What are the requirements required of me here.NOTE: i have not been there before.[color=]Please admin, a friend of my in UK is asking me to join her over there and i told her to sent me an Invitation.
My problem now is that i want to join her but don't know what to do as i have asked her to send me an invitation letter.
What are the requirements required of me here.NOTE: i have not been there before.[/color]Please admin, a friend of my in UK is asking me to join her over there and i told her to sent me an Invitation.
What are the requirements required of me here.NOTE: i have not been there before.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by fembas316(m): 11:09pm On Sep 01, 2014
Pls house,

Getting a UK tourist visa, how easy is it applying for oneself and intending wife (being that they still bear different surnames) before the marriage in preparation for a honeymoon immediately after the marriage?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by abode(m): 11:24pm On Sep 01, 2014
adesolami36: The Cos is been scanned and sent to my mail.Can I print it out and submit with my application or do I need to tell them to send the original.

Yes you can, all there need is the information therein
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by 3sha4lyf: 11:48pm On Sep 01, 2014
fembas316: Pls house,

Getting a UK tourist visa, how easy is it applying for oneself and intending wife (being that they still bear different surnames) before the marriage in preparation for a honeymoon immediately after the marriage?

IMO, it should not be any problem as long as your supporting documents are sufficient enough. I say this cos my sibling applied for 5yrs after court wedding, prior to the trad and white which was month away, for their honeymoon. Just be sure to include your Wedding IV, a draft of ur itinerary for activities you intend doing during the honeymoon, among other documents, and you should be fine, all things being equal

HTH
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by oriste(f): 9:00am On Sep 02, 2014
My elder brother in the UK got transfer back to Nigeria and he wants his fame to stay back in the UK so he is planning on applying for an entrepreneur visa and he wants to know if he not staying get back will affect the visa been not approved
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by worry359(m): 9:21am On Sep 02, 2014
oriste: My elder brother in the UK got transfer back to Nigeria and he wants his fame to stay back in the UK so he is planning on applying for an entrepreneur visa and he wants to know if he not staying get back will affect the visa been not approved
Your question is not written very clearly!
When you say " got transfered back" do you mean deported?
What do you mean by "visa has not been approved"?

Does he have the required £200,000-00 for this visa?
(5.5 million naira!

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/guidance-on-application-for-uk-visa-as-tier-1-entrepreneur
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by oriste(f): 9:51am On Sep 02, 2014
No he got a transferred to the UK by his company and now he has been transferred back to Nigeria again yes he has the 5.5 million
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by worry359(m): 11:16am On Sep 02, 2014
oriste: No he got a transferred to the UK by his company and now he has been transferred back to Nigeria again yes he has the 5.5 million

Ok then.
He needs to work through the application system.
There is a "self assessment page on the link which he can look at to see if he qualifies.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by spikesC(m): 2:17pm On Sep 02, 2014
worry359:
Your question is not written very clearly!
When you say " got transfered back" do you mean deported?
What do you mean by "visa has not been approved"?

Does he have the required £200,000-00 for this visa?
(5.5 million naira!

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/guidance-on-application-for-uk-visa-as-tier-1-entrepreneur

It is 56 million o not 5.5 million
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by worry359(m): 4:06pm On Sep 02, 2014
spikesC: It is 56 million o not 5.5 million

grin shocked Still a lot of money even by British standards shocked grin
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by spikesC(m): 4:17pm On Sep 02, 2014
worry359:

grin shocked Still a lot of money even by British standards shocked grin

Ofcourse nah grin
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by nuraig(m): 5:39pm On Sep 02, 2014
I have all the necessary documents required. Of all my family members(immediate family), i am the only one to have gone to the UK once. all others have gone a minimum of 2 times. My dad goes every 6 months, my mum every year. They have never been denied any visa application. But i am about to aPply for VISA and i do not have an introduction letter as my HOD refused to grant me one due to unknown circumstances. this are the list of documents i have with me supporting my education in school!
1) JAMB admisssion letter stating the duration of course 2010-2015
2) school receipt showing recent school fees payments for this session
3) registration fees for the semester
4) course registration form
5) faculty clearance
6) departmental clearance
7) a letter of introduction written by my HOD to the students affairs division dated 25th august 2014 for the replacement of my lost identity card
cool police report showing the loss of my identity card
i am a 400 level student of the university of ibadan and i intend to visit the UK next month before the start of my 6 months internship at ericcson of which i av been offered an internship position which is due to start by october.
i hope all these documents suffices for my application and more than make up for not producing an introduction letter from school
please kindly get back at me asap as i want to apply before this week runs out. Vicjustice
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 5:45pm On Sep 02, 2014
nuraig: I have all the necessary documents required. Of all my family members(immediate family), i am the only one to have gone to the UK once. all others have gone a minimum of 2 times. My dad goes every 6 months, my mum every year. They have never been denied any visa application. But i am about to aPply for VISA and i do not have an introduction letter as my HOD refused to grant me one due to unknown circumstances. this are the list of documents i have with me supporting my education in school!
1) JAMB admisssion letter stating the duration of course 2010-2015
2) school receipt showing recent school fees payments for this session
3) registration fees for the semester
4) course registration form
5) faculty clearance
6) departmental clearance
7) a letter of introduction written by my HOD to the students affairs division dated 25th august 2014 for the replacement of my lost identity card
cool police report showing the loss of my identity card
i am a 400 level student of the university of ibadan and i intend to visit the UK next month before the start of my 6 months internship at ericcson of which i av been offered an internship position which is due to start by october.
i hope all these documents suffices for my application and more than make up for not producing an introduction letter from school
please kindly get back at me asap as i want to apply before this week runs out. Vicjustice
Please, specify your question(s).
Is that for tourist visa?
By the way, who is footing the costs of the application and the trip?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by nuraig(m): 6:01pm On Sep 02, 2014
Vicjustice:
Please, specify your question(s).
Is that for tourist visa?
By the way, who is footing the costs of the application and the trip?
My parents are footing the bills. 6 months tourist visa. Duration of visit is 2 weeks. The introduction letter is the only thing missing in an otherwise perfect set of documents. Is the introduction letter necessary as my HOD has refused to issue one to me
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 6:06pm On Sep 02, 2014
nuraig:
My parents are footing the bills. 6 months tourist visa. Duration of visit is 2 weeks. The introduction letter is the only thing missing in an otherwise perfect set of documents
The documents would not be perfect if this particular letter is missing... As a student, you would need the approval of your department's authority to be allowed to travel abroad during an academic section
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by nuraig(m): 6:12pm On Sep 02, 2014
Vicjustice:
The documents would not be perfect if this particular letter is missing... As a student, you need the approval of your department's authority to be allowed to travel abroad
Okay. Thank you. Maybe another time tho.
But what are my chances? Are they really slim or outright rejection?
P.S I have a copy of the school calendar showing the break we have for the semester which was the date I filled in my application form for travel.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 6:23pm On Sep 02, 2014
nuraig:
Okay. Thank you. Maybe another time tho.
But what are my chances? Are they really slim or outright rejection?
P.S I have a copy of the school calendar showing the break we have for the semester which was the date I filled in my application form for travel.
With the sponsorship of your own parents who have gained much credibility from the UK immigration, your chance is great if things are done well, and if you are able to satisfy the Visa Officer that your HOD's letter is irrelevant. But if they deem it necessary, then, there would be an outright refusal
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by arosoye(f): 7:18pm On Sep 02, 2014
Hello, Pls i need advice. I travelled to UK for a short course in 2007 and spent only one month and came back. I am planning on visiting UK again to apply for a tourist visa but an pregnant (but not heavy yet). Although i know UK doesnt mostly require interview but i want to know if i will not be refused entry into the UK. I await ur reply. Tnx
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by coolscott(m): 7:22pm On Sep 02, 2014
Please read the following post to avoid spending your money on the wrong Become A Travel Agent trainer
https://www.nairaland.com/1884786/becoming-travel-agent-visa-consultant

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 7:32pm On Sep 02, 2014
arosoye: Hello, Pls i need advice. I travelled to UK for a short course in 2007 and spent only one month and came back. I am planning on visiting UK again to apply for a tourist visa but an pregnant (but not heavy yet). Although i know UK doesnt mostly require interview but i want to know if i will not be refused entry into the UK. I await ur reply. Tnx

You may have problem with that at the POE.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 9:54am On Sep 03, 2014
omabroowniee: Hello house

I am trying to invite my mom to come to the UK just before i put to bed,I was wondering what documents she will require and what type of visa to apply for.I hold a tier 1 and my mom is a medic but now retired.She has been to America on some occasions.Thanks

Since she is retired you need to sponsor the whole trip, sending her VI, your bank statement ,payslip and evidence of accommodation, let her apply for family visiting visa
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Danito2(m): 10:11am On Sep 03, 2014
Please can my uncle and my dad sponser me same time?my surname is after my uncles name.how will they be able to sponser?and how will i get sponsership letter should the sponser letter comes from both of them my uncle is buying my ticket in and out and my dad is paying for living expenses
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Danito2(m): 10:21am On Sep 03, 2014
Hello bros,i got rufuse because of my dad bank statement..this time i am applying again and my uncle want to sponser me i have the same surname with him,can he write sponsership letter without attaching my dad bank statement to it?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 10:29am On Sep 03, 2014
@All

There is a fraudulent visa agent with ID Ayomide777 and email address: onile4adebayo@gmail.com viewing this thread and sending emails to some members here. Be careful, don't be a victim.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ESULAALU: 1:23pm On Sep 03, 2014
justwise:

Since she is retired you need to sponsor the whole trip, sending her VI, your bank statement ,payslip and evidence of accommodation, let her apply for family visiting visa

She said she holds a tier 1 visa and you are advising her to apply for a family visiting visa for her mum.

British citizen,ILR holders,people granted humanitarian protection are the only categories of people whose family can apply for a family visiting visa. All other categories even those who have been granted 30 months limited stay under the Appendix FM route,TIER 1,2 can only have their families apply via the general visitor route.

Thank you Monsieur and if in doubt see link below and read to the end.

https://www.gov.uk/family-visit-visa/eligibility

(1) (2) (3) ... (219) (220) (221) (222) (223) (224) (225) ... (426)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.