Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,894 members, 7,806,616 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:07 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (230) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (980072 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (227) (228) (229) (230) (231) (232) (233) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by AceMiss: 10:47am On Sep 18, 2014
Well,Mr Vicjustice I apologise for bothering you with my trivial and irrelevant question.Going forward,I will ensure my questions are directed to the right people. But I still believe you need to be educated on how to talk to people,nothing gives you the license to speak to people in such a manner especially when you don't know who's on the other side.

3 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 10:50am On Sep 18, 2014
abaskekere:

You do a very good job here bro, but you need to understand that not everyone is as experienced in issues like this like you are, and some time anxiety sets in...Vic J u bash people with too many harsh words and discourage them as well, not so cool to be so strict. no offence meant
First of all, what did i say or do wrong?
Well, i prefer to be strict when I feel I have to, and i do my voluntary job the way I prefer provided I do not break the forum rules... I am not under anyone's employment nor am I being paid for what I do, so, I don't need anyone to lecture me on how to do it.

5 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by 3sha4lyf: 10:56am On Sep 18, 2014
Vicjustice: Well, I am not Justwise hence I ignored the irrelevant question when you first directed it to Justwise, and I only responded when you invited me into it.
I never said that I know it all, and I expect every one (including you) to know the meaning of that text: and yet, you chose to ask it because it is free to ask whatever irrelevant question: and to expect one to waste his time responding to such while there are more reasonable queries that need attentions

VicJ, truth to be told, that was a good question the poster asked... simply put, "do I wait for sms from vfs or status change on their website or just go to their office after 2 working days?
There's been cases where people receive communication from UKVO but don't hear from VFS even after 2 working days. Someone has even stated in the past that his visa was issued since and people shouldn't wait for vfs. So the poster asking this question is not out of place.
Remember there's a saying that "There is sense in Nonsense". Pls try to help others like you would. You've been there for people; I know you are not obliged to respond to people's queries but if you decide to, please be nice to them.
Tx.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 10:57am On Sep 18, 2014
AceMiss: Well,Mr Vicjustice I apologise for bothering you with my trivial and irrelevant question.Going forward,I will ensure my questions are directed to the right people. But I still believe you need to be educated on how to talk to people,nothing gives you the license to speak to people in such a manner especially when you don't know who's on the other side.
Have you ever heard the sound of my voice? How then did you say that I need to be educated on how to speak?
By the way, how did I "speak" ill to you, I mean, what bad language did I use to you?

4 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by AceMiss: 11:06am On Sep 18, 2014
@3sha4lf,you are on point. You totally understood my question, thank you.
@abaskekere,you are appreciated.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 11:13am On Sep 18, 2014
3sha4lyf:

VicJ, truth to be told, that was a good question the poster asked... simply put, "do I wait for sms from vfs or status change on their website or go to their office after 2 working days?
There's been cases where people receive communication from UKVO but don't hear from VFS even after 2 working days. Someone has even stated in the past that his visa was issued since and people shouldn't wait for vfs. So the poster asking this question is not out of place.
Remember there's a saying that "There is sense in Nonsense". Pls try to help others like you would. You've been there for people; I know you are not obliged to respond to people's queries but if you decide to, please be nice to them

Tx.
To you, it was a good question, but to me, it is nothing but one other person asking the same question which has been asked over and over and over again.
The question wasn't directed at you, but to me, so I treated it as I deemed appropriate.
Again, it seems you people are angry with me for not answering it, otherwise, tell me what I did or said wrong?

5 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by 3sha4lyf: 11:39am On Sep 18, 2014
Vicjustice: To you, it was a good question, but to me, it is nothing but one other person asking the same question which has been asked over and over and over again.
The question wasn't directed at you, but to me, so I treated it as I deemed appropriate.
Again, it seems you people are angry with me for not answering it, otherwise, tell me what I did or said wrong?

If you don't see anything there, never mind then. Your silence would have been best. No skin-pain alas.
Cheers.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Peacock23: 12:55pm On Sep 18, 2014
Am back again to give a quick update about my eea family permit,I decided not to take the advise I got here and applied for yet for another eea family permit and guess what I got it.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 2:27pm On Sep 18, 2014
NuNu08: kk. we have tenancy papers, Yes he does send money to me..He comes home evry 3months,,he calz almost evryday and we chat on Bbm n Skype...we have our wedding pics and Naming ceremony. and he has a Business in Nigeria er that am managing

You need to print out the chat histories in bbm and Skype, call histories, evidence of money sent to you, copy of those flight tickets.

His UK bank statement and payslips etc
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 2:32pm On Sep 18, 2014
Peacock23: Am back again to give a quick update about my eea family permit,I decided not to take the advise I got here and applied for yet for another eea family permit and guess what I got it.

Congratulations

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by NuNu08(f): 3:20pm On Sep 18, 2014
justwise:

You need to print out the chat histories in bbm and Skype, call histories, evidence of money sent to you, copy of those flight tickets.

His UK bank statement and payslips etc
Tnxx so much Justwise..i pray i get my visa...Ignorance made me got banned. i'l be back to let you knw when we have all our documents put together for confirmation.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 3:37pm On Sep 18, 2014
NuNu08: Tnxx so much Justwise..i pray i get my visa...Ignorance made me got banned. i'l be back to let you knw when we have all our documents put together for confirmation.

No worries, all the very best.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 3:49pm On Sep 18, 2014
AceMiss: Justwise will NEVER give a response like that. Just because we ask for advice and opinions doesn't mean you should be rude in your responses. Always remember that nobody know it all,not even you.

What part of my responds to your question was rude?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by AceMiss: 4:31pm On Sep 18, 2014
Justwise,that was not directed at you at all. You have never been to anyone on this platform. Let me use the opportunity to thank you for all your help and advice,it finally paid off. You are appreciated.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 5:57pm On Sep 18, 2014
AceMiss: Justwise,that was not directed at you at all. You have never been to anyone on this platform. Let me use the opportunity to thank you for all your help and advice,it finally paid off. You are appreciated.

No worries, glad that it worked out for you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by sunnychic: 9:10pm On Sep 18, 2014
Congratulations!!!

Did u apply for the permit from Nigeria?

Peacock23: Am back again to give a quick update about my eea family permit,I decided not to take the advise I got here and applied for yet for another eea family permit and guess what I got it.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Peacock23: 11:33pm On Sep 18, 2014
sunnychic: Congratulations!!!

Did u apply for the permit from Nigeria?

Yes I did
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by litadeh(m): 10:38am On Sep 19, 2014
justwise:

If you met all requirements that mistake may be over looked

Thanks sir, thats relieving
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by IyawoToBe(f): 8:12pm On Sep 19, 2014
Hello House. Myself and hubby were filling our forms but when we got to the third part, we were asked to book an appointment along with the payment online (we can't make payment at oregun submission centre). I want to know if bookind an ppointment is important or it's just for formality. Last year when hubby applied, we didn't book any appointment. He just walked into the submission centre.

And also, we were billed $830 for a 2year visa. That looks too much. Is that the current fee? shocked
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Olisedinma: 9:18pm On Sep 19, 2014
Hello House,

Would I require a transit visa if my flight to Manchester goes through Istanbul, turkey?
Responses pls.

Cc: Justwise,SpikesC
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by 3sha4lyf: 12:43am On Sep 20, 2014
IyawoToBe: Hello House. Myself and hubby were filling our forms but when we got to the third part, we were asked to book an appointment along with the payment online (we can't make payment at oregun submission centre). I want to know if bookind an ppointment is important or it's just for formality. Last year when hubby applied, we didn't book any appointment. He just walked into the submission centre.

And also, we were billed $830 for a 2year visa. That looks too much. Is that the current fee? shocked

I think without your appointment, you won't be allowed into the vac to submit your application. Pls, kindly pay your fees online n not to any1, except if course you've made up ur mind yo use a travel agent.

Also see attached for visa fee. You can also visit to link below for d fees.
https://visa-fees.homeoffice.gov.uk/y/nigeria/usd/visit/general-visitors/longer-term-valid-for-up-to-2-years

HTH

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by larrymoore111: 8:13am On Sep 20, 2014
Justwise n 3sha4lyf's n gurus in the house

Wanna know if 1*2m is enough for just tourist visa,...nothing much,just for sightseeing......am going to do the hotel reservation and flight......and pls can i add my credit card statement as well along ny salary current account,thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by IyawoToBe(f): 8:15am On Sep 20, 2014
3sha4lyf:
I think without your appointment, you won't be allowed into the vac to submit your application. Pls, kindly pay your fees online n not to any1, except if course you've made up ur mind yo use a travel agent.
Also see attached for visa fee. You can also visit to link below for d fees.
https://visa-fees.homeoffice.gov.uk/y/nigeria/usd/visit/general-visitors/longer-term-valid-for-up-to-2-years
HTH
Alright. Thanks so much. I guess they just started the appointment thingy. It wasn't like that last year. Pls how long is the wait time now? Is it still 21 working days?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 2:20pm On Sep 20, 2014
larrymoore111: Justwise n 3sha4lyf's n gurus in the house
Wanna know if 1*2m is enough for just tourist visa,...nothing much,just for sightseeing......am going to do the hotel reservation and flight......and pls can i add my credit card statement as well along ny salary current account,thanks
The amount is definitely more than enough, but the money is not the main thing that the visa officer is interested in, they rather like to look into the origin and how the fund was built up, they are also interested in what you do and how you plan your activities: just ensure that you meet the general requirements
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 2:21pm On Sep 20, 2014
Olisedinma: Hello House,

Would I require a transit visa if my flight to Manchester goes through Istanbul, turkey?
Responses pls.

Cc: Justwise,SpikesC
No, as a person travelling to an EU country, you do not require a transit visa nor a tourist visa to enter Turkey
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by 3sha4lyf: 3:20pm On Sep 20, 2014
IyawoToBe: Alright. Thanks so much. I guess they just started the appointment thingy. It wasn't like that last year. Pls how long is the wait time now? Is it still 21 working days?

Approximately 15 working days. Can take considerably longer than that if other factors like more verification, technical problems, incompetences from VACs, etc OR can take as low as 5 working days.

HTH
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by hannyminal: 7:34pm On Sep 20, 2014
Hello, Nairalanders. Kind assistance required. My 62 year old retiree aunty wishes to renew her 5 year uk tourist visa by month-end and is unsure how her retiree status would affect her now. She wishes to attach the following supproting documents
1. Hotel booking in earls court, london
2. Marriage Affidavit, Husband's death certificate
3. Travel Insurance
4. Landed Properties/title deeds
5. List of Places to visit
6. Breakdown of Travel Expenses
7. 6 months bank statement (with about 1 million naira balance and its also the account where monthly pension goes into)
8. Pension certificate, pension statement
9. Retirement letter
Please would she need additional documents?
Thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by larrymoore111: 5:30am On Sep 21, 2014
[quote author=Vicjustice]
The amount is definitely more than enough, but the money is not the main thing that the visa officer is interested in, they rather like to look into the origin and how the fund was built up, they are also interested in what you do and how you plan your activities: just ensure that you meet the general requirements[/quote

I really appreciate your time n fast response on my question, am submitting my salary current account which can be link up to my payslip am ganna submit which all salary are paid........pls kindly look into this documents am proposing to tender,thanks.

Letter of vacation from company(showing when my leave starts and resumption date)
My personal introduction letter
Leave form(photocopy with me and original in company file)
6 month payslip
6 Month statement of account
Hotel reservation
Flight booking
List of places to visit
Employment letter
Documents of landed properties
Company I.D cards
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Trinhnguyen: 10:39am On Sep 22, 2014
I am waiting for Oral Hearing from First Tier Tribunal. This process is expected to take around 19 weeks. The Tribunal will write to me after 15 December, 2014 to inform when and where for the Oral Hearing. My husband is English. His sister has passed way. He wants to go back England to visit his relatives. Can I apply for tourist visa to go to England with husband for 1 month, then fly back country for Oral Hearing? Thank you so much for your kind advice.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by passionup11: 3:33pm On Sep 22, 2014
Hello guys,
I want to commend you gurus on the job u guys are doing here. Months ago I sought enquiries on whether a visa could be issued to me bearing in mind my circumstance then. I had been an over stayed in the UK my visa and had misrepresented facts when I reapplied and was denied 3 times. I had enquired whether with my situation, I would be given a visa under my circumstance. I was told by so many people that I had been banned for 10 years and I shouldn't even try to apply. Kindly note that I had served my 1 year ban as an overstayer. Some knowledgeable person said I will be throwing my money into the bin if I continue applying. I was distraught but I wasn't defeated when it comes to trying. I was nominated by my organisation for a course mid year in the UK.
I had to put in an application. Luckily , I was given a visa. Upon arrival at Heathrow, I was delayed for about 30 mins but was allowed to go in after clarifications/investigations inside their office. I went for my training and left. I learnt my lessons. what lessons did I learn? my viewpoint to situations like mine is that its not every misdemeanour that you commit that attracts 10 years ban. People must be able to assess their infractions and give an application a try. I learnt a lot here and I used the information I got from this forum to fill my form and state my situation in the space for additional information and explained in clear details every bit of my situation and I think that apart from God in situations like this, my explanation would have aided my application.

(1) (2) (3) ... (227) (228) (229) (230) (231) (232) (233) ... (426)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.