Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,807,999 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:58 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (253) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (980226 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) (255) (256) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by charles005: 8:12am On Nov 25, 2014
[b][/b]I really need help from u guys on Nairaland. I submitted my visa application @ Ikeja on the 3rd of Nov; 2014 but since then I haven't heard anything either from ukvi nor teleperformance. I tracked it and this what I got: We understand that you would like to know about the current status of your
visa application. I have tracked your visa application status and found
that the application has been processed and a decision was made on
10/11/2014 and it should be with you in the next few days.
Should I go there to ask for my document or I should I wait till I receive a comfirmation mail... Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by influential01: 10:43am On Nov 25, 2014
godsong:
when did you submit??

I submit 14th November and I get message on 21st of November that passport is ready for collection . At Ikeja teleperformance.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by GetPosted: 12:11pm On Nov 25, 2014
gabie002:

Got the visa
Congrats!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by nwauwa(m): 3:36pm On Nov 25, 2014
@Justwise and all, do I need to present original copies(sent by post) of invitation letter, pay slips and utility bills of my host or a scanned computer print out ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 3:44pm On Nov 25, 2014
nwauwa:
@Justwise and all, do I need to present original copies(sent by post) of invitation letter, pay slips and utility bills of my host or a scanned computer print out ?

Original.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ifyalways(f): 4:01pm On Nov 25, 2014
justwise:

Original.
Really Just wise? Original sent by mail/post?

New one.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 4:04pm On Nov 25, 2014
Laruze:

Yes. I was asked. But i said NO. Also my sister and popsy had gone to the UK several times and listed my brother as a relative in their application. Now i am confused if i still continue to deny that i dont have a relative in the UK, and i listed my popsy in my application. wont they run a check on my oldman and discovered that he and sister have been to UK and mentioned my brother in their application?

Kindly help guys. Thanks.

You need to select Yes when asked if you got a brother in the UK.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 4:11pm On Nov 25, 2014
ifyalways:

Really Just wise? Original sent by mail/post?

New one.

nwauwa:

Send the originals, they will return the payslips and utility bills with your passport.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ifyalways(f): 4:18pm On Nov 25, 2014
I'm just surprised. I've had people in the past send in those stuff(IV letter, utility bill etc) printed off from their emails undecided

Ie, the host sends the original via email, applicant prints it out and submit.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 4:26pm On Nov 25, 2014
ifyalways:
I'm just surprised. I've had people in the past send in those stuff(IV letter, utility bill etc) printed off from their emails undecided

Yes that can be done as well but the op is asking whether to present original copies sent by post by his host or scanned computer print out
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ifyalways(f): 4:29pm On Nov 25, 2014
justwise:

Yes that can be done as well but the op is asking whether to present original copies sent by post by his host or scanned computer print out
Ok. That settles it then.

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by nwauwa(m): 4:35pm On Nov 25, 2014
justwise:

Original.
my host have not sent the documents by post. he is asking if he shd send it by post or email. so am confused. My travel date is near,sendin by post will delay me so am wonderin if I shd tell him to send by email.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 4:35pm On Nov 25, 2014
ifyalways:

Ok. That settles it then.

Thanks

No worries.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by nwauwa(m): 4:36pm On Nov 25, 2014
ifyalways:

did they get the visa? pls
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 4:37pm On Nov 25, 2014
nwauwa:
my host have not sent the documents by post. he is asking if he shd send it by post or email. so am confused. My travel date is near,sendin by post will delay me so am wonderin if I shd tell him to send by email.

That was exactly ifyalways made her comment.

Your first post wasn't clear enough. Yes he can email it and you print it out from the inbox, don't copy and past in ms to print.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by tboz1981: 6:41am On Nov 26, 2014
nwauwa:

ur host has to scan and send to u and u have to print it out and use as ur supporting document.
It is not possible ur host send hiS/her original document to u.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 8:03am On Nov 26, 2014
tboz1981:

ur host has to scan and send to u and u have to print it out and use as ur supporting document.
It is not possible ur host send hiS/her original document to u.

Absolutely posible, the only problem is the time factor like the op pointed out.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Jorgen: 1:03pm On Nov 26, 2014
Hello justwise, I submitted my application on the 7th and I haven't heard anything from them since, I contacted UKVI and was told a decision has been made and I should get my documents soon.
I paid for courier delivery so I have been waiting for my documents since or at least an email from teleperformance but nothing so far.
What can I do at this point?
Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by mikkyphp(m): 1:22pm On Nov 26, 2014
justwise:

1. There is a blank space in the form where additional info is entered, make use of that space and explain your financial activities.

2. Yes it has to be stamped and signed by your bank

3. http://www.booking.com/country/gb.en-gb.html

i did just that. i picked up my visa today. Thanks bro
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 1:27pm On Nov 26, 2014
mikkyphp:

i did just that. i picked up my visa today. Thanks bro

Congratulation! Enjoy your trip.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 1:28pm On Nov 26, 2014
Jorgen:
Hello justwise, I submitted my application on the 7th and I haven't heard anything from them since, I contacted UKVI and was told a decision has been made and I should get my documents soon.
I paid for courier delivery so I have been waiting for my documents since or at least an email from teleperformance but nothing so far.
What can I do at this point?
Thanks.

When did you contact them?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Jorgen: 1:30pm On Nov 26, 2014
justwise:

When did you contact them?

I sent the mail on Monday night and got a reply on Tuesday morning.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 1:32pm On Nov 26, 2014
Jorgen:

I sent the mail on Monday night and got a reply on Tuesday morning.

If you did nott hear from them this week then visit their visa centre on Mon to see if its there, courier delivery is not always effective.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Jorgen: 1:43pm On Nov 26, 2014
OK, thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 2:01pm On Nov 26, 2014
I think there is a general courier delivery system issue with TelePerformance these days. I visited their office in VI last week and yesterday. Imagine hearing that they have not received any in-bound mails since Wednesday last week. Can someone confirm these? Is it related to Customs issues at Nahco/Sahcol?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by tboz1981: 5:40pm On Nov 26, 2014
I greet the house specially.
This is my experience today at teleperformance.
I collected my package and was refused but the refusal letter is bearing somebody else's name other than my name and the reason for the refusal is totally different from what I applied for.
So I went back to teleperformance and they told me to go to the Embassy. But someone suggested that I should not go because if I do, they will type another refusal for me. That I should leave it for my company to take their lawyer to handle the case with the Ebassy since it was my company that sent me for the conference.
So what sould I do now?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by holysinner01: 6:20pm On Nov 26, 2014
please i submitted my application on the 17th of october and 2 weeks later i was called to bring additional documents( birth certificate, fathers death certificate, school receipt, family pictures,consent letter from mum} and i went alone to the bhc but i was told i had to bring my mother with me for an interview because am under 18. the interview went well and they said they were not convinced enough and asked for a Dna and we said 'ok', they said they were gona send us the hospital details but till now they havent and it is over 3 weeks now, they called me lastweek but missed their call and since then hav not heard from them. please what should i do??
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by nwapastor: 7:30pm On Nov 26, 2014
Anyi3:

I got my visa under two weeks this November. Just give yours a shot.
congratulations
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 9:35pm On Nov 26, 2014
tboz1981:
I greet the house specially.
This is my experience today at teleperformance.
I collected my package and was refused but the refusal letter is bearing somebody else's name other than my name and the reason for the refusal is totally different from what I applied for.
So I went back to teleperformance and they told me to go to the Embassy. But someone suggested that I should not go because if I do, they will type another refusal for me. That I should leave it for my company to take their lawyer to handle the case with the Ebassy since it was my company that sent me for the conference.
So what sould I do now?

Stop listening to peopke talking nonsense and return the package quickly to the embassy, leaving it any longer is a serious mistake because that is not your package. Lawyer for what exactly?? When you are given a wrong package and you opened it and realised that the next thing is to return it immediately without wasting a second.

5 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by jediKnerd: 8:04am On Nov 27, 2014
Got similar story about not getting any returns since last week. Fellow mentioned some might come in today.

Keneking:
I think there is a general courier delivery system issue with TelePerformance these days. I visited their office in VI last week and yesterday. Imagine hearing that they have not received any in-bound mails since Wednesday last week. Can someone confirm these? Is it related to Customs issues at Nahco/Sahcol?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by oriste(f): 10:46am On Nov 27, 2014
my family and I stay in the UK under spouse visa and my husband got transferred back to Nigeria so my daughter got admission and I want to apply as a dependant but what type of visa do I apply for my two kids of a year old and 3 years old

(1) (2) (3) ... (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) (255) (256) ... (426)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.