Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,725 members, 7,805,969 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:27 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (254) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (980026 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (251) (252) (253) (254) (255) (256) (257) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 11:03am On Nov 27, 2014
oriste:
my family and I stay in the UK under spouse visa and my husband got transferred back to Nigeria so my daughter got admission and I want to apply as a dependant but what type of visa do I apply for my two kids of a year old and 3 years old

How old are your kids?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by jediKnerd: 11:46am On Nov 27, 2014
Any luck with your documents? Strange that an Ikeja application has taken so long for your documents to be returned seeing as it would have been processed at Abuja and not Sheffield.

Still no luck with VI VAC on passports returned. Really wish I knew Sheffield applications were this tardy before I applied.

charles005:
[b][/b]I really need help from u guys on Nairaland. I submitted my visa application @ Ikeja on the 3rd of Nov; 2014 but since then I haven't heard anything either from ukvi nor teleperformance. I tracked it and this what I got: We understand that you would like to know about the current status of your
visa application. I have tracked your visa application status and found
that the application has been processed and a decision was made on
10/11/2014 and it should be with you in the next few days.
Should I go there to ask for my document or I should I wait till I receive a comfirmation mail... Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by holysinner01: 12:41pm On Nov 27, 2014
jediKnerd:
Any luck with your documents? Strange that an Ikeja application has taken so long for your documents to be returned seeing as it would have been processed at Abuja and not Sheffield.

Still no luck with VI VAC on passports returned. Really wish I knew Sheffield applications were this tardy before I applied.

HOW DID U TRACK IT??
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by jediKnerd: 1:48pm On Nov 27, 2014
Was at the VI VAC. Apparently Customs & NAHCO are bickering over something. Nigeria is an amazing country.

holysinner01:
HOW DID U TRACK IT??
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by oriste(f): 2:47pm On Nov 27, 2014
My kids are both 1 and 3 years of age
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 3:23pm On Nov 27, 2014
oriste:
My kids are both 1 and 3 years of age

Sure you and your kids can apply under your daughter's child student visa.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by DABeliever: 9:45am On Nov 28, 2014
@ Justwise, please how to make payment for Visa fee using Naira master card
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by DABeliever: 9:46am On Nov 28, 2014
@ Justwise, please do you know how to make payment for Visa fee using Naira master card
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 9:58am On Nov 28, 2014
DABeliever:
@ Justwise, please do you know how to make payment for Visa fee using Naira master card

No i don't but many people here have used it and hopefully they will chip in with an answer.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by jediKnerd: 10:19am On Nov 28, 2014
It's a little tedious if it's a bank that would require you to create secure code first. Think it's easier if you use a Visa card.

DABeliever:
@ Justwise, please how to make payment for Visa fee using Naira master card
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by jediKnerd: 10:20am On Nov 28, 2014
Anyone know if the VI VAC has received any shipments between yesterday and today?

Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by jediKnerd: 10:51am On Nov 28, 2014
Update, spoke with Red Star yesterday and they mentioned some progress with getting some documents out yesterday. They could not confirm though if any UKVI - VI VAC were among. But I just received an update from TP that my documents are being returned. Safe to add two and two together that VI VAC (should/would) received some returned passports yesterday.

Hopefully they should be ready for pick up later this afternoon or by Monday.

Cheers
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ifyalways(f): 10:52am On Nov 28, 2014
DABeliever:
If its GTB master card, you must be using online banking, have your token else it won't work. Use a visa card or keystone master card.

@Justwise, I have this quick question. Someone I know.She earns 65,000 ngn a month and her bank statement have a balance of about 350,000 ngn. She said she has 270,000 ngn to spend for the trip and that includes tkt. Ticket is 102,000 ngn. Her host is providing her accommodation and take care of every other expenses. I knew all those details after she went for biometrics and I kind of feel she wont be given. What do you think?

BTW,her host is a Citizen , a naval officer and every other documentation from her and hostis OK but I just feel the money is not enough. I wish she told me earlier sad
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ifyalways(f): 10:55am On Nov 28, 2014
jediKnerd:
Update, spoke with Red Star yesterday and they mentioned some progress with getting some documents out yesterday. They could not confirm though if any UKVI - VI VAC were among. But I just received an update from TP that my documents are being returned. Safe to add two and two together that VI VAC (should/would) received some returned passports yesterday.

Hopefully they should be ready for pick up later this afternoon or by Monday.

Cheers
lol
They must give you this visa oo.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 12:05pm On Nov 28, 2014
ifyalways:

If its GTB master card, you must be using online banking, have your token else it won't work. Use a visa card or keystone master card.

@Justwise, I have this quick question. Someone I know.She earns 65,000 ngn a month and her bank statement have a balance of about 350,000 ngn. She said she has 270,000 ngn to spend for the trip and that includes tkt. Ticket is 102,000 ngn. Her host is providing her accommodation and take care of every other expenses. I knew all those details after she went for biometrics and I kind of feel she wont be given. What do you think?

BTW,her host is a Citizen , a naval officer and every other documentation from her and hostis OK but I just feel the money is not enough. I wish she told me earlier sad

That will be a problem, she doesn't earn enough and at the same time she is planning to spend more than 3months of her salary within a short period, basically she will be left with just N800 after the visit. Very slim chances.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by jediKnerd: 12:10pm On Nov 28, 2014
smiley

I honestly just need my passport back. I have an unrelated planned trip and my passport has been stuck for over three weeks now. Ridiculous.

ifyalways:
lol
They must give you this visa oo.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ifyalways(f): 12:21pm On Nov 28, 2014
justwise:

That will be a problem, she doesn't earn enough and at the same time she is planning to spend more than 3months of her salary within a short period, basically she will be left with just N800 after the visit. Very slim chances.
Same sentiments here.

However, the naval dude is her boyfriend, maybe that would justify why she'd spend all that money for the trip. I feel bad already for her.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ifyalways(f): 12:22pm On Nov 28, 2014
jediKnerd:
smiley

I honestly just need my passport back. I have an unrelated planned trip and my passport has been stuck for over three weeks now. Ridiculous.

Pele smiley
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 12:29pm On Nov 28, 2014
ifyalways:

Same sentiments here.

However, the naval dude is her boyfriend, maybe that would justify why she'd spend all that money for the trip. I feel bad already for her.

She made a mistake by stating that is going to be spending that big chunk out of her salary/savings on a short trip, she should have stated that the boyfriend will be picking up all the cost, that will leave her with enough back home and her salary as tie to Nigeria.

If you earn little and going to visit somebody who leaves above average lifestyle in the UK, chances are that you 'may' not come back because you have little or nothing to come back to.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by musabones: 9:23pm On Nov 28, 2014
Hello everyone!

Please I am having problem making my visa application fees online, and every time i try it keeps showing me this error message.

Sorry, your order is no longer payable

Please contact the merchant quoting the following reference number: GWF*******
Server secure.worldpay.com at 28/11/2014 20:20:01

your help will be highly appreciated

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by musabones: 10:31pm On Nov 28, 2014
IyawoToBe:
said same thing to me. May be we will need to fill another form. That site is not it at all.

hello,

Please how did u go about this error message u received during your visa application, I am having the same problem and i dont know what to do now. your help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by musabones: 10:56pm On Nov 28, 2014
tomfikky:

Dollar is high now. It may be that you have insufficient fund.

Thanks for your response. I have enough in the account, I dont think that is the problem.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by musabones: 11:03pm On Nov 28, 2014
tomfikky:

Try using another browser then.

Okay! Thanks, I will do that now.
still the same oooo

Sorry, your order is no longer payable

Please contact the merchant quoting the following reference number: GWF*******

Server secure.worldpay.com at 28/11/2014 22:05:25
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 11:05pm On Nov 28, 2014
tomfikky:
@Justwise thanks for always being here. I submitted my passport on Oct 31 for settlement visa at the ikeja centre. On Nov 12 my papers were forwarded for decision in the UK but I have not heard anything since then. My wife was also interviewed in the UK. How long does this normally takes?

When was she interviewed?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 11:42pm On Nov 28, 2014
tomfikky:

Nov 19

Ok, it takes average of 3months....so basically you will hear from them next month.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by steric58(m): 12:22am On Nov 29, 2014
assuming i want to be working in the united kindom and am having 2million naira,please what are my chances of getting a visa. am A Nurse

(1) (2) (3) ... (251) (252) (253) (254) (255) (256) (257) ... (426)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.