Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,700 members, 7,802,074 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:44 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (261) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (979659 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (258) (259) (260) (261) (262) (263) (264) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 9:15am On Dec 20, 2014
Carterh:

Thank you. My father in-law is a Doctor and doing very okay. But as u said i think we shud keep him out of it. So now that my husband works full time and earns £1400, and he will have at least £5000 or more in his account when we apply next month, do u think that will be enuff? And again do you think it's worth applying again or? I need ur advice pls.
I'm not in position to tell whether you can get the visa with the amount of money readily availabe, the answer has got to do with how long that you intend to stay for, what you would be doing in the UK, how your visit would affect his financial condition and importantly, what you would be returning to Nigeria for.
Also it is up to you people whether you want to re-apply or not, but there is no regulation forbidding you to re-apply though.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 9:21am On Dec 20, 2014
Carterh:

Here are the issues raised by the ECO
1. On the basis of evidence provided, you appear to have no dependent relatives and little in the way of personal income or assets in your own country.
2. Your spouse’s 31 October – 30 November 2014 bank statement shows periods of low balances and is overdrawn in a number of occasions. It is clear that funds in this account are subject to financial commitments. I am therefore not satisfied that his finances are as comfortable as you state or that funds held in this account are available for the purpose of your proposed visit.
3. In light of all the above I consider that you have failed to show sufficiently strong family, social or economic ties to satisfy me, on the balance of probabilities, that you intend to live the United Kingdom on completion of a short visit. Therefore, on the balance of probabilities, I am not satisfied that you will be maintained and accommodated in the UK without working or having recourse to public funds or are able to meet the cost of return or onward journey.
I just realized that your husband's account is guilty of Money Lodgement, therefore, i am of the opinion that you can't get a visa with such.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Carterh: 9:56am On Dec 20, 2014
Vicjustice:

I just realized that your husband's account is guilty of Money Lodgement, therefore, i am of the opinion that you can't get a visa with such.
No there is nothing like that. The only money that goes into his account is his salary which we provided payslips for that.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 10:03am On Dec 20, 2014
Carterh:

Hey guys @justwise @Vicjustice . My brother just collected my Documents and it's rejected. I saw it coming though so....Btw my husband is so worried about it and he said we should re - apply. I told him we not going to do that till I get advice from you guys.lol I haven't seen the rejection letter yet but my brother told me they raise issues bout me not having strong ties to Nigeria plus my husbands bank statement plus they think he doesn't earn enough (£700) to take care of me for 5 months while I'm there blah blah. After all he stated in his later that he was doing part time job before but he is now working full time and he earns around£1400. And btw @Vicjustice they didn't say anything that shows they doubt our marriage. Nways now the thing is I have 2 plots of land in my name which was given to me by my dad, and I live in a rented property which was rented for me and in my name for 2 years starting July this year. Do u think that can be a strong tie even though I do not work? And do you think having £5000 pounds in my husbands account will be enuff? And because my husband lives with his parents in London, do you think we should include his dad's bank statement since he is providing accommodation for me while I'm there. And since I do not work, do I have to provide my own bank statement?

In your current situation getting a visa will be a tough task, you can't get a visa with help from your daddy or your husband's parents. It will really help if your hubby get a better job, get a place of his own while you register your business and inject money into it so as to have a stronger tie to Nigeria. Your hubby can be visiting you in Nigeria while both of you work things out.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Carterh: 10:16am On Dec 20, 2014
justwise:

In your current situation getting a visa will be a tough task, you can't get a visa with help from your daddy or your husband's parents. It will really help if your hubby get a better job, get a place of his own while you register your business and inject money into it so as to have a stronger tie to Nigeria. Your hubby can be visiting you in Nigeria while both of you work things out.
Thank you. It's going to be so difficult for us but it's all good...I hope it's for the best. And yea my Dad trying so hard to see if there is any way he can help. I told him he can't do nothing.lol Will try get a job to keep my mind off things. Seriously getting frustrated with this UK thing and thinking of how to convince him to just come back to Nigeria.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 10:31am On Dec 20, 2014
Carterh:

Thank you. It's going to be so difficult for us but it's all good...I hope it's for the best. And yea my Dad trying so hard to see if there is any way he can help. I told him he can't do nothing.lol Will try get a job to keep my mind off things. Seriously getting frustrated with this UK thing and thinking of how to convince him to just come back to Nigeria.

Surely UK immigration system is tough on UK citizens who married non-UK citizen, the financial requirement is the killer, but will he be better off in Nigeria? Will get that job and live a better life? Its a tough one but maybe he should give it a year with job hunt and see how it goes
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Carterh: 2:09pm On Dec 20, 2014
justwise:

Surely UK immigration system is tough on UK citizens who married non-UK citizen, the financial requirement is the killer, but will he be better off in Nigeria? Will get that job and live a better life? Its a tough one but maybe he should give it a year with job hunt and see how it goes
*sigh* Thanks for the advice bro. We spoke about it and he said yea he will try get a better job and then we apply for the spouse visa. No more applying for a visitor visa, he will be coming to Nigeria to see me whenever he gets the chance....just like he was doing when we were dating. And we ready to apply will come here for advice again isA smiley
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by emmanuel2k11(m): 4:10pm On Dec 20, 2014
Help please!
I got married June this year in Nigeria. My wife earns over £30,000 per annum and owns a two bedroom apartment. Is it compulsory I submit my my bank statement.
Pls advise urgently as intend to apply this Tuesday. And how long
does it take.
Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 4:46pm On Dec 20, 2014
emmanuel2k11:
Help please!
I got married June this year in Nigeria. My wife earns over £30,000 per annum and owns a two bedroom apartment. Is it compulsory I submit my my bank statement.
does it take.
Thanks

What sort of visa are you applying for?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by emmanuel2k11(m): 7:24pm On Dec 20, 2014
:
Help please!
Pls advise urgently as intend to apply for UK spouse visa this Tuesday. And how long
does it take.
Help please!
does it take.
Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by emmanuel2k11(m): 7:25pm On Dec 20, 2014
I am applying for spouse visa please
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 7:44pm On Dec 20, 2014
emmanuel2k11:
Help please!
does it take.
Thanks

It's not compulsory for you to include your own bank statement since your wife meets the financial requirement.
Though you need to submit loads to documents to proof that your marriage is genuine.

It takes maximum of 3 months.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by coldstone84: 8:59pm On Dec 20, 2014
@justwise,my wife made another eea family permit on Wednesday,and I added a cover letter stating where the rules don't permit for my wife to be financially dependent on me,and all relevant documents. On getting to where she was to submit,she was called in for an interview,here goes the questions she was asked
1 her name
2 date of birth
3 nationality
4 how's she's related to me
5 when last she saw me
6 my occupation
7 my house address
8 how long we have being married
9 how often do we keep in touch
10 who supports my wife financially
11 does she have family and friends in the uk
All the questions asked from my wife,was already asked in the form she filled.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by emmanuel2k11(m): 11:18pm On Dec 20, 2014
U said I need to submit loads of documents to proof my relationship is genuine. Can you give me the list of documents I need to submit please
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 11:41pm On Dec 20, 2014
coldstone84:
@justwise,my wife made another eea family permit on Wednesday,and I added a cover letter stating where the rules don't permit for my wife to be financially dependent on me,and all relevant documents. On getting to where she was to submit,she was called in for an interview,here goes the questions she was asked
1 her name
2 date of birth
3 nationality
4 how's she's related to me
5 when last she saw me
6 my occupation
7 my house address
8 how long we have being married
9 how often do we keep in touch
10 who supports my wife financially
11 does she have family and friends in the uk
All the questions asked from my wife,was already asked in the form she filled.
I really hope it turns out positive this time around
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 11:42pm On Dec 20, 2014
emmanuel2k11:
U said I need to submit loads of documents to proof my relationship is genuine. Can you give me the list of documents I need to submit please

List documents you are planning to submit.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by emmanuel2k11(m): 12:34pm On Dec 21, 2014
@justwise the following are the documents I wish to submit
1.birth certificate
2.international passport old and new
3.marriage certificate
4.death certificate of late wife
5.pictures of wedding and others
6.passport photo
7.ket certificate
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 12:41pm On Dec 21, 2014
emmanuel2k11:
@justwise the following are the documents I wish to submit
1.birth certificate
2.international passport old and new
3.marriage certificate
4.death certificate of late wife
5.pictures of wedding and others
6.passport photo
7.ket certificate

I doubt you will get a spouse visa with that list, no document from your wife? Her bank statement, payslip, evidence of accommodation, evidence of communication between two of you..etc....this link will help you if you go through it https://www.nairaland.com/823869/uk-spouse-visa-appeal-process-part2
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by emmanuel2k11(m): 7:27pm On Dec 21, 2014
The above list is what I am submitting in lagos but the rest documents you mentioned will be submitted by my wife at the Sheffield office pls. I also want to know if we can talk on phone
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by emmanuel2k11(m): 8:02pm On Dec 21, 2014
The above list is what I am submitting in lagos but the rest documents you mentioned will be submitted by my wife at the Sheffield office pls. I also want to know if we can talk on phone
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 11:16am On Dec 22, 2014
emmanuel2k11:

I support open discussion rather than private one as far as visa issue is concerned, it helps other people and my mistakes will be spotted and corrected as well.

Submitting your documents separately may be an issue, it helps if the application package is submitted at once either by you or your wife.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by shamecurls(m): 4:23pm On Dec 22, 2014
Hello All,

Please who has an idea on how i can individually apply for a work permit to UK. All jobs i find in these country`s always require that i have a work permit and they always tell me they wont be able to finance my work permit even when am very much qualified.

Thanks in advance.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by worry359(m): 5:10pm On Dec 22, 2014
shamecurls:
Hello All,

Please who has an idea on how i can individually apply for a work permit to UK. All jobs i find in these country`s always require that i have a work permit and they always tell me they wont be able to finance my work permit even when am very much qualified.1
Thanks in advance.

There is no such thing as "Work Permit " for the UK.
You have to apply for a Tier 2 visa with the right to work.
You will need to qualify on the points based system.
You will need to be applying for a highly skilled job and the employer will need to sponsor youe application.

See here https://www.gov.uk/tier-2-general/overview

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 5:42pm On Dec 22, 2014
justwise:

You need to pick up your package first...you can't really get right or wrong answer here now.

@justwise please is it compulsory for first time visitors to book a hotel .. We have a place to stay so do we still need to book a hotel
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 5:43pm On Dec 22, 2014
obipyper:

@justwise please is it compulsory for first time visitors to book a hotel .. We have a place to stay so do we still need to book a hotel

No.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by accra2005: 11:37am On Dec 23, 2014
@ All.
Good-day to you all in the house.
I submitted an application (General Visitor Visa) on 1st December,2014 and received a message on 13th December that my visa application as been processed . My concern now, haven't receive back my package though i used return courier service. I usually track this on Fedex website but got response that not yet uploaded or not found. Pls, What can I do now. is there any means i can reach UK embassy Abuja to find out ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by yemixxxxxx: 12:16pm On Dec 23, 2014
Good day sirs n madams! Pls a friend is having his graduation ceremony in the uk next year sept...he's inviting me and I intend using my next year's leave,..I need information b4 proceeding...am having a FD of 700k,to be liquidated April next year,would like to know if that would be enough to apply for a 1month uk visa..i earn 80k per month,have my tax clearance,am single,pay slips are given monthly..anticipating a response...God bless!!!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by esosa4real(m): 6:14pm On Dec 23, 2014
yemixxxxxx:
Good day sirs n madams! Pls a friend is having his graduation ceremony in the uk next year sept...he's inviting me and I intend using my next year's leave,..I need information b4 proceeding...am having a FD of 700k,to be liquidated April next year,would like to know if that would be enough to apply for a 1month uk visa..i earn 80k per month,have my tax clearance,am single,pay slips are given monthly..anticipating a response...God bless!!!
Goodday, that amount would be okay, as far as there are no money lodgement, if at all they are, you should explain in additional letter to them.
I got my own visa with a balance of N600k, I was scared at first though but then again, there was monthly cash flow which corresponded with my salary payslip.
I think that's the most important thing!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by yemixxxxxx: 9:55pm On Dec 23, 2014
esosa4real:

Goodday, that amount would be okay, as far as there are no money lodgement, if at all they are, you should explain in additional letter to them.
I got my own visa with a balance of N600k, I was scared at first though but then again, there was monthly cash flow which corresponded with my salary payslip.
I think that's the most important thing!

Tanx for ur response sir,so concerning Itinerary how do I present,I intend staying at my friend's place for d duration for my stay to cut cost,hope mapping out 400k-500k for money to be spent wouldnt be too much?wud also apppreciate anyother advice ..tanx really appr8 d gesture
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by esosa4real(m): 2:16pm On Dec 24, 2014
yemixxxxxx:

Tanx for ur response sir,so concerning Itinerary how do I present,I intend staying at my friend's place for d duration for my stay to cut cost,hope mapping out 400k-500k for money to be spent wouldnt be too much?wud also apppreciate anyother advice ..tanx really appr8 d gesture

You can get itinerary from any travel agent or simply request online from any airline website, it's a booking so it's free. 400-500k is okay, meaning u will still have at least 300k in ur account. In ma case, I had a closing balance of N600k and wrote in the form, that I will spend N450k for every.
Tip: Make sure u fill the income n expenditure section very well. Don't make the various amounts u specify be too small or to big, it should shall be in keeping with total money u have for the trip.

Also, it's best u claim u spending few days so it correlates with your expenditure and seem more than enough.
In my case, I specified I was going for just 5days, which u too can take example from sInce its just graduation u attending.

Lastly, write a cover letter to the embassy, I got that tip from this forum and it helped greatly! There you can maybe explain deposits outside ur salaries or cash lodgement if any, u cud explain ur job or anything that u feel needs clarification. Because you should never assume oh, this people don't call you 4interview so bestraightforward and clear.
All the best, come and thank God later.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 10:02pm On Dec 24, 2014
Please everyone can I send someone to pickup my passport for me, I just applied for renewal on the 8th and my passport is ready for pickup and it's in Abuja, according to what I read on the website nobody can pickup but my cousin told me someone picked up for her yesterday, please someone help me with an answer, justwise are you here?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 8:06am On Dec 25, 2014
chloe7:
Please everyone can I send someone to pickup my passport for me, I just applied for renewal on the 8th and my passport is ready for pickup and it's in Abuja, according to what I read on the website nobody can pickup but my cousin told me someone picked up for her yesterday, please someone help me with an answer, justwise are you here?

Sure you can, give the person a note of authorization.

(1) (2) (3) ... (258) (259) (260) (261) (262) (263) (264) ... (426)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.