Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,317 members, 7,780,777 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:52 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (267) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (976976 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (264) (265) (266) (267) (268) (269) (270) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by wunmi38: 2:17pm On Jan 10, 2015
Waleabimbola:

Yes you have to use the same GWF.you don't need new GWF.
You only need to create account on teleperformer so as to track your application after you must have submitted at their centre.that is the purpose of your registration NOT to register your appointment.

I have done that, Thank you and God bless everyone in the house.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by scott509: 2:35pm On Jan 10, 2015
Pls i got this email from (visa.lagos@fco.gov.uk) topic your visa application @lagos(ref smileyYour visa has now been processed and is ready for collection.
We aim to return passports to the Visa Application Centre where you lodged your application within 2 working days.Please i want to know if i have been issued a visa.Thanks.God bless
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 2:54pm On Jan 10, 2015
temi127:

thanx. but would it help if i already have my accomodation sorted out. and like how much do you think i need to have in my account before making the application
Please, refer to this link for the information that you need:
https://www.nairaland.com/967110/main-reasons-many-refused-visas
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Waleabimbola(m): 3:03pm On Jan 10, 2015
scott509:
(visa.lagos@fco.gov.uk) Your visa has now been processed and is ready for collection.
We aim to return passports to the Visa Application Centre where you lodged your application within 2 working days.I got this email does that mean i have been issued a visa?? its a renewal application.Please let me know what this means.God bless
yes your visa has been granted.. Congrat
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by scott509: 3:36pm On Jan 10, 2015
@waleabimbola thanks so much for this update...i will confirm to you when i get to ikeja on monday.God willing..thanks again.God bless
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by deri20: 5:20pm On Jan 10, 2015
scott509:
Pls i got this email from (visa.lagos@fco.gov.uk) topic your visa application @lagos(ref smileyYour visa has now been processed and is ready for collection.
We aim to return passports to the Visa Application Centre where you lodged your application within 2 working days.Please i want to know if i have been issued a visa.Thanks.God bless
congratulations
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by shithapuns: 11:11pm On Jan 10, 2015
thanks vicjustice, sry i still got a few more questions.

qst A. What is the cost to you personally of your trip in GBP(£)? can i assume this shud be the total of QST 1+2+3+4?
QST 1. The total amount of money you have for this trip. can i assume this should be say half my savings, or 1/3rd etc like btw 1 to 2 million naira?, or roughly the same as answer to question A above?
QST 2. The cost of the aeroplane, boat or train tickets
QST 3. The cost of your accommodation
QST 4. The costmean, your living expenses

PLS note: am using hotel booking abt 200k for 14days {my wife and i], flight about 320k [2 persons] then about 100k for feeding/sight seeing and trans in uk = about 620k/2100GBP, so i intend to write this value for qst A, and then maybe 1m for qst 1, my salary is a lil above 300k and i have 3m+ in my savings acct
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 12:35am On Jan 11, 2015
shithapuns:
thanks vicjustice, sry i still got a few more questions.
qst A. What is the cost to you personally of your trip in GBP(£)? can i assume this shud be the total of QST 1+2+3+4?
QST 1. The total amount of money you have for this trip. can i assume this should be say half my savings, or 1/3rd etc like btw 1 to 2 million naira?, or roughly the same as answer to question A above?
QST 2. The cost of the aeroplane, boat or train tickets
QST 3. The cost of your accommodation
QST 4. The costmean, your living expenses
PLS note: am using hotel booking abt 200k for 14days {my wife and i], flight about 320k [2 persons] then about 100k for feeding/sight seeing and trans in uk = about 620k/2100GBP, so i intend to write this value for qst A, and then maybe 1m for qst 1, my salary is a lil above 300k and i have 3m+ in my savings acct
You don't seem to have much issues with finance, the key to these answers is what you analysed on the "note".
So, i'd say just make the budgets according to what you think will be right, but be careful to not make any exaggerated budgets: i know people who got refused because they lavishly budgeted their expenditures in ways that suggested irresponsible extravagance.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 8:46am On Jan 11, 2015
Good morning house,

Is it compulsory that the reference letter from your bank supporting your bank statement also shows your account balance? The one I got does not state my balance. Do I request for another?

Thanks so much
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by pato231(m): 9:08am On Jan 11, 2015
NittaJ:
Good morning house,

Is it compulsory that the reference letter from your bank supporting your bank statement also shows your account balance? The one I got does not state my balance. Do I request for another?

Thanks so much
No it won't show the account balance
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by MissEny: 10:50am On Jan 11, 2015
Vicjustice:

Your job and salary can definitely get you through, but do not make the mistake of referring to her as your "sister" it will be seen as a lie and you could be refused on the basis of that.

Many thanks. Please I need to reach you via mail, will that be possible?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by tayotp: 3:19pm On Jan 11, 2015
Hi everyone,bin reading along for som Tim now and I hav som info already,now this is ma case.i want to be invited by my sister that has a PR in the UK.i have a business that pays myself 100k per month but increased to 150k in the past two months,now my concern is the pay days aint really constant.like paying on the 15th for the preceding month.I pay depending on sales.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 3:32pm On Jan 11, 2015
NittaJ:
Good morning house,

Thanks so much
Well, this can be done in various ways and it can carry whatever details that you wish to include. However, I suppose it is reasonable for it to reflect the balance in order to match the bank statement that it refers to.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by tonero230(m): 6:38pm On Jan 11, 2015
@justwise,plz can i go to uk embassy with 3months statement of account for a visit visa.But my uncle is sponsoring me anyway
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 6:52pm On Jan 11, 2015
tonero230:
@justwise,plz can i go to uk embassy with 3months statement of account for a visit visa.But my uncle is sponsoring me anyway

At least 6 months.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by tayotp: 7:16pm On Jan 11, 2015
[@justwise,can u please address my issue,thanks.quote author=tayotp post=29697128]Hi everyone,bin reading along for som Tim now and I hav som info already,now this is ma case.i want to be invited by my sister that has a PR in the UK.i have a business that pays myself 100k per month but increased to 150k in the past two months,now my concern is the pay days aint really constant.like paying on the 15th for the preceding month.I pay depending on sales.[/quote]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 7:40pm On Jan 11, 2015
tayotp:
Hi everyone,bin reading along for som Tim now and I hav som info already,now this is ma case.i want to be invited by my sister that has a PR in the UK.i have a business that pays myself 100k per month but increased to 150k in the past two months,now my concern is the pay days aint really constant.like paying on the 15th for the preceding month.I pay depending on sales.

Is your business registered?

Do you pay tax from your earning?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by tayotp: 7:48pm On Jan 11, 2015
@justwise,,its registered with cac buh I don't pay tax.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 8:02pm On Jan 11, 2015
tayotp:
@justwise,,its registered with cac buh I don't pay tax.

The true value of your business can not be established without tax certificate, your net profit will help the ECO determine whether you can afford the holiday or not, as it stands your business acts as your tie to Nigeria.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by tayotp: 8:14pm On Jan 11, 2015
Pls is it important I show my business docs,since I have a monthly salary..wat am concerned abt is the dates I pay them.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 8:25pm On Jan 11, 2015
tayotp:

Pls is it important I show my business docs,since I have a monthly salary..wat am concerned abt is the dates I pay them.

Its important because that is your only source of income
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by nijadude: 8:31pm On Jan 11, 2015
@justwise, Happy New year, the last time i asked for your advise concerning applying for a uk visa during a friend's graduation ceremony, you advised that it is better to have a business account instead of using my savings account, i now have a business account, depositing my daily sales earnings into it for the past 6 months, please, i would love to send a confidential message to you via email, if you don't mind.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 11:14pm On Jan 11, 2015
nijadude:
@justwise, Happy New year, the last time i asked for your advise concerning applying for a uk visa during a friend's graduation ceremony, you advised that it is better to have a business account instead of using my savings account, i now have a business account, depositing my daily sales earnings into it for the past 6 months, please, i would love to send a confidential message to you via email, if you don't mind.

I can't remeber telling you that, this is your first post here. Yes you need business. account if you are a business man but you also need savings or current account and tax certificate.

As long as it's visa related I rather have the question openly here.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 1:04am On Jan 12, 2015
MissEny:

Many thanks. Please I need to reach you via mail, will that be possible?
I'm sorry, i like to politely defer this request.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by tomfikky(m): 8:13am On Jan 12, 2015
justwise:

At least 6 months.

My settlement visa took 2 months 1 week. Thanks for the information you provide here @justwise.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by MissEny: 8:31am On Jan 12, 2015
Vicjustice:

I'm sorry, i like to politely defer this request.

OK.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 10:57am On Jan 12, 2015
tomfikky:

My settlement visa took 2 months 1 week. Thanks for the information you provide here @justwise.

Congratulation!, happy it worked out for you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by coldstone84: 2:49pm On Jan 12, 2015
@justwise am back again,my wife went to submit the additional documents,on getting there,it was a man that checked it and said he was going to give it to the woman that interviewed my wife,that she would come out,that my wife should wait,then my wife said they started giving announcements for meeting,she said all the staffs went for the meeting and she awaiting over an hour,until the man came out and said they are still in a meeting and that she should go and her documents would be ready for collection within a weeks time,but neither saying if she was granted the visa or denied.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 2:58pm On Jan 12, 2015
coldstone84:
@justwise am back again,my wife went to submit the additional documents,on getting there,it was a man that checked it and said he was going to give it to the woman that interviewed my wife,that she would come out,that my wife should wait,then my wife said they started giving announcements for meeting,she said all the staffs went for the meeting and she awaiting over an hour,until the man came out and said they are still in a meeting and that she should go and her documents would be ready for collection within a weeks time,but neither saying if she was granted the visa or denied.

That is normal, they don't tell you right there if you have been given or not.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by lankywizar(m): 9:48pm On Jan 12, 2015
Hello People. I have a two year Uk visa but I have not been able to travel with it due to the nature of my new job. If para-venture I am not able to make a trip before its expiry would that have any impact on future renewals.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 11:38pm On Jan 12, 2015
lankywizar:
Hello People. I have a two year Uk visa but I have not been able to travel with it due to the nature of my new job. If para-venture I am not able to make a trip before its expiry would that have any impact on future renewals.
Definitely not, on the contrary, it would make your renewal easier than that of a first timer
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by scott509: 1:02pm On Jan 13, 2015
and yes my renewal application was granted..i collected it yesterday..Thanks for giving me the confidence when i got the email from visa.lagos@fco.gov.uk. many thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (264) (265) (266) (267) (268) (269) (270) ... (426)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Travelling To Canada Part 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.