Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,752 members, 7,806,061 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:52 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (272) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (980032 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (269) (270) (271) (272) (273) (274) (275) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by eninaija(f): 8:01pm On Jan 20, 2015
Lexusgs430:

Emphasis on 'You intend'. Do you have any affiliation to this company ? As an employee, presumably, your tax structure would be on P.A.Y.E, so you do not tax clearance.
Yes I do, I work for d company part time. My account currently shows income from the Company and others.

The directors are my friends.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ulale: 9:05pm On Jan 20, 2015
justwise:

As a business man you earn 150k monthly or it varies?

It Varies but I deposit 150k Monthly in my personal saving, what do you think please, reply
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 11:37pm On Jan 20, 2015
hello house
sorry for my question. I just don"t want to make any mistakes in my application.
Please does the total money from my savings and investment monthly mean the income (salary)minus the money spent on living expenses and money given to dependents and family?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by yeepa11: 11:58pm On Jan 20, 2015
Hello house
I am new here and I need help,i want to apply for a tourist visa,i have family in uk but I will prefer to book an hotel,
I am a trader,dealing with building materials,
my naira.acct run well with d balance of 400 to 450k, but my actual income monthly could be sum up to 150k( above or below) not stable. And secondly I have a domiciliary acct which is about £3,000 pounds.
As a trader, I don't have registered business, it is a sell & buy, but I have couple of receipt I get from where I bought goods and the ones I issue out in my name,few bank teller that shows how I pay in,
i pay tax,i have the receipt and Tax card.
I am married with no kid yet.
I have a plot of land.
My question is can I present all my receipt as my proof of transaction with the tax.
I don't kno how to explain about my dom acct,I have up to 2 or 3 customers/family from London who pay in few pounds any time they come home for their house constructions or renovation,i purposely open d dom.acct in case of future use.
Can I mention,a family in the space where it is asked despite the fact that I am booking an hotel..
Pls what else will I be needing for this application
Bless U all.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 8:06am On Jan 21, 2015
ulale:
Applying for tourist visa, attending my friends graduation ceremony, spending only 1 week there, I have 500k in my personal saving account and a credit transaction of 150k monthly, I own a business, I have CAC certificate and tax identification number, am I good to go? Please help me and respond

ulale:

It Varies but I deposit 150k Monthly in my personal saving, what do you think please, reply

Ok in that case you can go ahead and apply, the process has been explained more than 50 times here for different applications.

Good luck
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 8:11am On Jan 21, 2015
yeepa11:
Hello house
I am new here and I need help,i want to apply for a tourist visa,i have family in uk but I will prefer to book an hotel,
I am a trader,dealing with building materials,
my naira.acct run well with d balance of 400 to 450k, but my actual income monthly could be sum up to 150k( above or below) not stable. And secondly I have a domiciliary acct which is about £3,000 pounds.
As a trader, I don't have registered business, it is a sell & buy, but I have couple of receipt I get from where I bought goods and the ones I issue out in my name,few bank teller that shows how I pay in,
i pay tax,i have the receipt and Tax card.
I am married with no kid yet.
I have a plot of land.
My question is can I present all my receipt as my proof of transaction with the tax.
I don't kno how to explain about my dom acct,I have up to 2 or 3 customers/family from London who pay in few pounds any time they come home for their house constructions or renovation,i purposely open d dom.acct in case of future use.
Can I mention,a family in the space where it is asked despite the fact that I am booking an hotel..
Pls what else will I be needing for this application
Bless U all.

You can include selection of the receipts, if its not too much then add all.

Explain the Dom account issue just the way you did here.

Yes you have to mention your family members even if you are not staying with them, just state that you will not be stating with them.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 8:14am On Jan 21, 2015
opite:
hello house
sorry for my question. I just don"t want to make any mistakes in my application.
Please does the total money from my savings and investment monthly mean the income (salary)minus the money spent on living expenses and money given to dependents and family?

Income means income....money coming in as salary or business earnings. Your investment is not an income, profit you made from it its an income.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 5:16pm On Jan 21, 2015
Justwise, thanks. I understand what income means. I just want clarification on savings and investment. Since We have to put in a figure, I only want to know if the savings stated means the total in the bank account or salary minus the money spent on living expenses and money given to dependents and family?

Please whats the exchange rate to use: 281 0r 290.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by henwun(m): 8:53pm On Jan 21, 2015
Hello justwise, Please I have a question i wanted to ask and I believe it will help Many individuals that are in the same confusion. In 2011 my wife and my 3 children were granted uk visas

Question 1: I have another baby 2years old the previous children will be applying for 2 years visa should I apply for 6 months for the new baby or 2 years as For others.

Question 2: since my wife and children relocated back to Nigeria . She isnt into any business . She is a student at Christians bible school and A student at NOUN university. Therefore she's not working but taking care of kids and schooling so there is no montly account . Though she has her personal account that i use to fund for house keeping and others.

Questions 3: I'm sponsoring the trip Just as the precious visa with my sole ownership of my company account . with 12m Naira and Dom of about $20k . Please advice me accordingly .

Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by yeepa11: 10:52pm On Jan 21, 2015

Yes you have to mention your family members even if you are not staying with them, just state that you will not be stating with them.[/quote]

Thanks bro.....for the quick response,i appreciate....
Pls,i want to kno if my wife will need to write a consent letter?
And can I apply in February as my proposed travel time is April or first week in may(can I state exactly when I will love to travel as first week In may when I will be applying in feb.)thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 11:14pm On Jan 21, 2015
@yeepa11 and other self employed people here
I’m self-employed and want to get some info from you. Please how much do you pay for tax? Do you pay yearly?
Also for your estimate monthly cost of living, did you add rent to it?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by refreshrate: 11:28pm On Jan 21, 2015
justwise:

The section in bold is the main reason for the refusal, does your bank statement show N234,000 monthly salary?

Submitting tomorrow sir, was thinking would it be ok to include a letter to the entry clearance manager stating the issues raised in the refusal and attaching copies of supporting documents all clipped together when sending the application?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 8:18am On Jan 22, 2015
refreshrate:

Submitting tomorrow sir, was thinking would it be ok to include a letter to the entry clearance manager stating the issues raised in the refusal and attaching copies of supporting documents all clipped together when sending the application?

There is nothing wrong with that, will not do your application any harm.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by yeepa11: 8:28am On Jan 22, 2015
justwise:

Yes you have to mention your family members even if you are not staying with them, just state that you will not be stating with them.

Thanks bro.....for the quick response,i appreciate....
Pls,i want to kno if my wife will need to write a consent letter?
And can I apply in February as my proposed travel time is April or first week in may(can I state exactly when I will love to travel as first week In may when I will be applying in feb.)thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by yeepa11: 8:56am On Jan 22, 2015
opite:
@yeepa11 and other self employed people here
I’m self-employed and want to get some info from you. Please how much do you pay for tax? Do you pay yearly?
Also for your estimate monthly cost of living, did you add rent to it?

Yes, it is yearly payment,you pay the state tax and not the FIRS type.
Ask for their office in your area,if you are first payer,u might be ask to pay 3yrs but you can tell them you just start the business and plead to pay for this year alone.
I pay 5k into the bank yearly,some pple pay #2,500,it depend on your kind/size of business.the office might want to come to where ur shop is to value it...but most cases they are the lazy type.
But I will advise U pay 5k since you will be needing it for embassy as well.U will be giving a tax card,and Tax certificate

U alone can kno the cost of your living,but in terms of this application scenario you have to be calculative,so that your cost if living don't get heavy on ur monthly income.

I am also confused on what to write in that space....but since my monthly is approximately 150k...I am putting 30k..(just me &wife)finish.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 9:23am On Jan 22, 2015
Hello House,

I applied last week Friday along with my hubby and 2 kids, and we all received this message this morning:

Your visa has now been processed and is ready for collection. We aim to return passports to the Visa Application Centre where you lodged your application within 2 working days.

Please what does this mean? Thanks so much!

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by seangy4konji: 9:43am On Jan 22, 2015
Just what the message says. Visa is processed and you pick it up in 2 days.you can pick it up Monday I guess from what I learnt here. Ogas will clear you better though
NittaJ:
Hello House,

I applied last week Friday along with my hubby and 2 kids, and we all received this message this morning:

Your visa has now been processed and is ready for collection. We aim to return passports to the Visa Application Centre where you lodged your application within 2 working days.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by worry359(m): 9:43am On Jan 22, 2015
NittaJ:
Hello House,

Everyone who gets this message posts on here "what does this mean"
There are HUNDREDS of replies.

You should read back through posts to understand.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by seangy4konji: 9:45am On Jan 22, 2015
Lol. You worry gan.
worry359:

Everyone who gets this message posts on here "what does this mean"
There are HUNDREDS of replies.

You should read back through posts to understand.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 9:56am On Jan 22, 2015
Lol @seangy4konji, @worry359

I didn't want to get too excited, without being TRIPLE sure!!!

Thanks so much house for all the wonderful contributions in this forum. Many thanks to Vicjustice too.

Let the parry begin!!! grin
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Waleabimbola(m): 10:16am On Jan 22, 2015
NittaJ:
Lol @seangy4konji, @worry359

I didn't want to get too excited, without being TRIPLE sure!!!

Thanks so much house for all the wonderful contributions in this forum. Many thanks to Vicjustice too.

Let the parry begin!!! grin

congratulation ,your visa is granted... If you stay in lagos, go to teleperformance on monday(90% sure it is there),it will be there waiting for you. but if you stay outside i will advice you to wait till Tuesday morning(to be 100% sure its there)
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by henwun(m): 10:28am On Jan 22, 2015
@ anyone that can help with the following questions

Hello justwise, Please I have a question i wanted to ask and I believe it will help Many individuals that are in the same confusion. In 2011 my wife and my 3 children were granted uk visas

Question 1: I have another baby 2years old the previous children will be applying for 2 years visa should I apply for 6 months for the new baby or 2 years as For others.

Question 2: since my wife and children relocated back to Nigeria . She isnt into any business . She is a student at Christians bible school and A student at NOUN university. Therefore she's not working but taking care of kids and schooling so there is no montly account . Though she has her personal account that i use to fund for house keeping and others.

Questions 3: I'm sponsoring the trip Just as the precious visa with my sole ownership of my company account . with 12m Naira and Dom of about $20k . Please advice me accordingly .

Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 10:30am On Jan 22, 2015
Waleabimbola:

congratulation ,your visa is granted... If you stay in lagos, go to teleperformance on monday(90% sure it is there),it will be there waiting for you. but if you stay outside i will advice you to wait till Tuesday morning(to be 100% sure its there)

Thanks so much.. I appreciate! cheesy
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 11:26am On Jan 22, 2015
yeepa11:

Yes, it is yearly payment,you pay the state tax and not the FIRS type.
Ask for their office in your area,if you are first payer,u might be ask to pay 3yrs but you can tell them you just start the business and plead to pay for this year alone.
I pay 5k into the bank yearly,some pple pay #2,500,it depend on your kind/size of business.the office might want to come to where ur shop is to value it...but most cases they are the lazy type.
But I will advise U pay 5k since you will be needing it for embassy as well.U will be giving a tax card,and Tax certificate
U alone can kno the cost of your living,but in terms of this application scenario you have to be calculative,so that your cost if living don't get heavy on ur monthly income.
I am also confused on what to write in that space....but since my monthly is approximately 150k...I am putting 30k..(just me &wife)finish.

Thanks. I paid my tax last year April. 13k. Now I was told to renew but not sure I should do so now or till after d visa since its not expired.
Cheers.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 3:50pm On Jan 22, 2015
Please I want clarification on savings and investment. Since We have to put in a figure, I only want to know if the savings stated means the total in the bank account or salary minus the money spent on living expenses and money given to dependents and family?

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by mellad(f): 5:53pm On Jan 22, 2015
Good evening, I applied for visa 2 yrs ago and was denied visa on the grounds that I stated I don't have friends or family over there and I don't have a dependent in Nigeria. Also that they found some money in my account which they don't think will be for my use cause it was outside my salary and I didn't state any other source of income. So on this grounds, they said that I may not come back. To cut the long story short, I want to apply again this year with my younger sister for a tourist visa. And since it will be me and my sister, I want to use my dad as a sponsor. He has millions in his account,a company and land documents. My question is will that be enough to prove that I will come back? Will it favour me or will be against me since I am working and earn salary. Or should I use my own bank account and company which I used for my application last 2yrs and which is also sufficient? Also, how do I process my application, so they will know I'm traveling with my sister. Thanks a lot
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by twingirls: 6:32pm On Jan 22, 2015
Please house, I will appreciate if anyone can give answers to dis questions

1. In the space provided in the form that how much do you personally have for this trip, what am I suppose to write since my husband is fully sponsoring me and our 2 kids.

2.Though I'm working, I get paid sometimes by hand and is not monthly cos I'm on profit sharing, payment into my acct is not regular and I sometimes put unexplained deposit, am is it wise to include my personal acct?

3. I am a signatory and a director/ shareholder in our law firm and anor company, can I include evidence and submit it's bank statement/ cover letter?

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 7:21pm On Jan 22, 2015
opite:
Please I want clarification on savings and investment. Since We have to put in a figure, I only want to know if the savings stated means the total in the bank account or salary minus the money spent on living expenses and money given to dependents and family?

Savings means money available in your personal account right now, you can't include money you have spent already as savings, that can be consider as total monthly income.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 7:24pm On Jan 22, 2015
mellad:
Good evening, I applied for visa 2 yrs ago and was denied visa on the grounds that I stated I don't have friends or family over there and I don't have a dependent in Nigeria. Also that they found some money in my account which they don't think will be for my use cause it was outside my salary and I didn't state any other source of income. So on this grounds, they said that I may not come back. To cut the long story short, I want to apply again this year with my younger sister for a tourist visa. And since it will be me and my sister, I want to use my dad as a sponsor. He has millions in his account,a company and land documents. My question is will that be enough to prove that I will come back? Will it favour me or will be against me since I am working and earn salary. Or should I use my own bank account and company which I used for my application last 2yrs and which is also sufficient? Also, how do I process my application, so they will know I'm traveling with my sister. Thanks a lot

As an adult who works you need to use your own bank statement and proof that you can afford to pay for the trip. Using your daddy's account and property documents will not help you because you are not a teen.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by twingirls: 7:27pm On Jan 22, 2015
Justwise, please help with my question
twingirls:

1. In the space provided in the form that how much do you personally have for this trip, what am I suppose to write since my husband is fully sponsoring me and our 2 kids.

2.Though I'm working, I get paid sometimes by hand and is not monthly cos I'm on profit sharing, payment into my acct is not regular and I sometimes put unexplained deposit, am is it wise to include my personal acct?

3. I am a signatory and a director/ shareholder in our law firm and anor company, can I include evidence and submit it's bank statement/ cover letter?

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 7:28pm On Jan 22, 2015
twingirls:

Thanks
1. The total cost of the trip is what they want to know, it doesn't matter who is paying.

2. You should use your personal bank statement and explain the payment method using the blank space in the form.

3. You can present that and also include tax certificate and the company's bank statement.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 7:33pm On Jan 22, 2015
henwun:
@ anyone that can help with the following questions

Thank you

1. 6 months for your baby.

2. If you are sponsoring the trip and she doesn't work then your bank statement a lone is enough as far as you can afford it.

3. The application is just like the previous, nothing more than that.

(1) (2) (3) ... (269) (270) (271) (272) (273) (274) (275) ... (426)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.