Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,545 members, 7,809,005 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:59 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (285) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (980306 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (282) (283) (284) (285) (286) (287) (288) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by mizIvy(f): 1:02pm On Feb 23, 2015
ty01:

From my experience, I guess you were denied for two reasons; failing to explain the huge transaction that seem like lump sum and failing to explain your relationship with your mum (your sponsor).

I had a similar experience the last time I filed for visa application; I noticed a same day debit and credit transaction of 1.65m on my account statement. When I enquired from my bank, I was told that the debit and credit was because the balance in my account was moved from one branch to another. So while filling my VISA application form; I included this in the space available for comments: "please note that the transaction of dd-mmm-yyyy of 1.65m on my bank statement was bank induced. Although the net impact on my account is nil, I thought it wise to explain that I never initiated the transaction. You may want to contact my bank for further enquiries on this". The application was successful; my family and I were granted the visa.

Secondly, I also think (I may be wrong) that pictures; though important, may not be convincing enough that the person in the picture is your mum. You may need to include your birth certificate if it contains your mum's name plus a letter from your mum, stating that she intends travelling with you (her daughter) plus pictures showing you and your mum over time. Your babyhood through till now.

My own contribution.. Best of luck...

Thanks a lot for your contribution. I think my experience is similar to urs too. I will do as you advice. But how do my mom address d letter. I mean a format will b appreciated.
Thanks again .
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 1:12pm On Feb 23, 2015
cindynwagbo:
Please house I want to apply for a UK tourist visa, please how do I go about it. The link pls.

All the info you need is here is you read few pages back
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 1:17pm On Feb 23, 2015
mizIvy:

Its a personal bank statement. She pay yearly tax but personal tax.

I submitted my personal account cos dats d only account i have .My company pay my salary into my personal account.
When I stated working with them, they only pay in chaque or cash but I talked to them to rather pay in my account. So dats what they bin doing.

I don't understand what you meant by personal tax, is her business her only source of income or she works and run the business by the side?

As regards to your bank statement...you need to use the blank space in the form to explain the unusual payment from your company....that way the ECO will not second-guess the source of the money in your account. Obviously you can afford the trip but you gave very little info to support the source of the money your presented.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 1:35pm On Feb 23, 2015
[
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by mizIvy(f): 1:43pm On Feb 23, 2015
justwise:

I don't understand what you meant by personal tax, is her business her only source of income or she works and run the business by the side?

As regards to your bank statement...you need to use the blank space in the form to explain the unusual payment from your company....that way the ECO will not second-guess the source of the money in your account. Obviously you can afford the trip but you gave very little info to support the source of the money your presented.

Her business is her only source of income.
Thanks alot I will do as u advice.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 1:52pm On Feb 23, 2015
mizIvy:

Her business is her only source of income.
Thanks alot I will do as u advice.

Ok..then she pays tax on the income from the business.

Another thing....you need to make a list of places you tend to visit in the UK and makes a budget of that trip....e.g how much the trip will cost you, keep it as minimum as possible covering the essentials...avoid spending more than 2 months of your salary.

Attach all that to your package and submit.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 2:37pm On Feb 23, 2015
cindynwagbo:
No I don't still a virgin visa. What's my chances
uk is a strict country and very serious with applications from nigeria, how old is ur baby and i will encourage u to disvirgin ur passport first and have a good documentation pls before u apply
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by mizIvy(f): 4:01pm On Feb 23, 2015
justwise:

Ok..then she pays tax on the income from the business.

Another thing....you need to make a list of places you tend to visit in the UK and makes a budget of that trip....e.g how much the trip will cost you, keep it as minimum as possible covering the essentials...avoid spending more than 2 months of your salary.

Attach all that to your package and submit.
Okay. Thanks. Will do just dat.
But in aspect of making a budget of d trip n listing the places I wish to see , do i need to write out it like in the form of a letter or I fill it in whr its ask on the application form.(hope u get my question) n sorry for d too many questions
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Skywalker5(m): 4:10pm On Feb 23, 2015
Please, who has renewed their passport recently in London? http://www.immigration.gov.ng is not working on the website which will allow me to apply to renew the passport.

Nigerian embassy in London are not picking up their phone.I am not surprised though but can someone help with the process.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 4:14pm On Feb 23, 2015
mizIvy:

But in aspect of making a budget of d trip n listing the places I wish to see , do i need to write out it like in the form of a letter or I fill it in whr its ask on the application form.(hope u get my question) n sorry for d too many questions

Type it out in a separate paper and attach to your application.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 4:16pm On Feb 23, 2015
Skywalker5:
Please, who has renewed their passport recently in London? http://www.immigration.gov.ng is not working on the website which will allow me to apply to renew the passport.

Nigerian embassy in London are not picking up their phone.I am not surprised though but can someone help with the process.

Try this http://www.nigeriahc.org.uk/

http://www.nigeriahc.org.uk/passport-requirements
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Skywalker5(m): 4:17pm On Feb 23, 2015
justwise:

Try this http://www.nigeriahc.org.uk/

Thanks ,I have been to the website earlier. i was on this page http://www.nigeriahc.org.uk/passport-requirements but the link i was suppose to use to start the application is not working.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 4:19pm On Feb 23, 2015
Skywalker5:

Thanks ,I have been to the website earlier. i was on this page http://www.nigeriahc.org.uk/passport-requirements but the link i was suppose to use to start the application is not working.

Just noticed that now...though its nothing new, keep trying it...you maybe lucky
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Skywalker5(m): 4:25pm On Feb 23, 2015
justwise:

Just noticed that now...though its nothing new, keep trying it...you maybe lucky

Thanks,i guess i have to keep trying. No one is picking up call at the Nigerian embassy in london. Really a messed up situation. its been down for 2 days now. No explanation
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 4:28pm On Feb 23, 2015
Skywalker5:

Thanks,i guess i have to keep trying. No one is picking up call at the Nigerian embassy in london. Really a messed up situation. its been down for 2 days now. No explanation

They hardly pick call in that embassy, sadly many have gone through the same experience.

God luck though..
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Lexusgs430: 5:10pm On Feb 23, 2015
Skywalker5:

I am aware of 2 people that applied. Entire application process, only took a week from visiting for biometric to collection.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by mizIvy(f): 6:26pm On Feb 23, 2015
justwise:

Type it out in a separate paper and attach to your application.
Okay will do.
Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by browngirl10: 6:30pm On Feb 23, 2015
browngirl10:
Hello everyone, I'm new to this site but I'm a big fan.
Now I had to join in order for me to ask this question.
I wanna visit the UK this April, I've read through the general visitors page but I need some clearance on the following points.

1) I work as an executive marketer for a pharmaceutical company ( just got promoted last month)

2) take home after tax is 150 but will be 200 this month end due to new salary.

3) I currently have 200 in my savings account which is my salary account as well

4) sometimes some lump sum ( like 500) gets to my account from hubby but it's not sitting in my account. I normally spent it all.

5) I'll be paid 100 for my leave allowance.

6) And recently my boss said I was due for some bonus ( huge amount like 200) cos she told me if I make up to10 million nairaland sale on a particular drug I'll get 2 % bonus .

Now my question is,
1)won't all this money be seen as money lodgement

2) what are the chances of the result being positive cos I plan on using hotel reservation cos all the uncles that can write invitation letter are saying they don't have good bank statement. .

I'll appreciate all of your response. Just wise and all. Thanks.

NB: my boss is willing to writ a letter concerning the bonus and leave allowance.

Nobody has replied me oo. Justwise and all the gurus in the house, anticipating your reply. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by nikiihardehx(f): 8:44pm On Feb 23, 2015
nonoski:
Good day,
Please this is my first tym of applying for a UK Visa.
I have successfully filled the online for till i got to the stage of booking appointment were it said I had to pay online within 3 hours.

Please i want to find out at what stage of my application would i be required to submit my supporting documents?
Do I have to submit originals or just photocopies (Employment letter, Identification letters, payslips etc)
Please do I have to fill different set of forms for my Wife and 2 children duh i'm the sponsor?
Do I have to click on the "applying for others" button to fill their forms?

u re to submit ur supporting document when u get to the submission center, my mum and I just did ours today...u re to fill different forms for d 2children, and during ur application there's a place they will ask u if u will be traveling with ur dependent children, u will say yes, then enter their names, passport no, etc..... and for submission go wif both original and photocopy....if u were unable to pay within 3hrs,u will have to start all over.......we did ours 3times,before we finally succeeded. we submitted today, V.I
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by blank(f): 9:42pm On Feb 23, 2015
mizIvy:

Fill it all in the space for it. Once you list all those places and things you want to do/go, they can independently check the cost and compare with what you wrote.

Please, don't write any letter to attach to your application. If it doesn't fit into those boxes they check like payslip, etc, they will ask you to go back with it.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 10:00pm On Feb 23, 2015
blank:

Fill it all in the space for it. Once you list all those places and things you want to do/go, they can independently check the cost and compare with what you wrote.

Please, don't write any letter to attach to your application. If it doesn't fit into those boxes they check like payslip, etc, they will ask you to go back with it.

So people who have done it in the past were not allowed to submit it or what?

Embassy don't independently verify places you want to visit or how much you stated that you want to spend, who has time for that?

The budget is to show how you tend to spend the money budgeted for the trip and the affect on you economically.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Somto40: 10:51pm On Feb 23, 2015
florencejo:

I would advise you to physically go to both and ask for your documents. It shouldn't be taking this long to get them back.

Hi did u get your visa
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ulale: 11:26pm On Feb 23, 2015
Hello everyone, if I deposit 150k into my personal saving 2 weeks before I submit my application, will that be regarded as money lodgement?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Lexusgs430: 1:24am On Feb 24, 2015
ulale:
Hello everyone, if I deposit 150k into my personal saving 2 weeks before I submit my application, will that be regarded as money lodgement?

The end balance of your account pre-deposit would determine.
If you have 21million in your account prior, it would not look like cash lodgement, but if you are hoping that the deposit should form part of your financial balance, with no cash trail, it would look as described.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by blank(f): 5:26am On Feb 24, 2015
justwise:
[/b]

So people who have done it in the past were not allowed to submit it or what?

Embassy don't independently verify places you want to visit or how much you stated that you want to spend, who has time for that?

The budget is to show how you tend to spend the money budgeted for the trip and the affect on you economically.

I am speaking from my own experience. Except it's a tour schedule, they will ask you to go back with it.

I don't know about verifying. Was referring to the fact that when you have it listed they can evaluate how much it will cost. There is a big space for schedule which will contain all u plan to do. You can even include a budget beside the list. There's really no need for a letter.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 8:36am On Feb 24, 2015
blank:

I am speaking from my own experience. Except it's a tour schedule, they will ask you to go back with it.

I don't know about verifying. Was referring to the fact that when you have it listed they can evaluate how much it will cost. T[b]here is a big space for schedule which will contain all u plan to do[/b]. You can even include a budget beside the list. There's really no need for a letter.

That big place has character limitation, there is only much it can take and when you still have more explanations, list, budget to write and the space is not enough then people are allowed to use extra paper for that, Its part of your application.

Letter is necessary if its needed.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 11:44am On Feb 24, 2015
@Ventilas

I replied you before without looking at your history, now i did and realized who you are...a visa agent,

You placed several visa ad here before asking people to contact you for visa including spouses visa.

Ventilas:
*** Call us for all your visa enquiries to avoid any disappointments ****

Are you in need of a visa? Could be to the UK, USA, SCHEGEN.

Have you been refused any country visa and require an appeal?

Do you need guidance filling out your visa application form?

Ventilas xxxxxxx is here to assist you in any immigration or Visa enquiries which you need. We help clients fill in their application forms and also help to push in their application.

Guaranteed successful service.

Here its your hubby but in this thread is your boyfriend in Canada
Ventilas:
Hi Everyone

Please i have a question; my hubby and i recently applied for our irish visas to go and visit our son studying there. His school asked us to send them our visa reference number and we can't seem to find it.
One is normally given a slip after submission, but we just realised that we were not given a slip. However, we were given a payment receipt which has a transaction reference (this reference can be used to track the application). So we are confused if the transaction reference number can be used as the visa reference number.

I need to know if i should also contact vfs

Please help.

3 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 1:08pm On Feb 24, 2015
justwise:
@Ventilas
I replied you before without looking at your history, now i did and realized who you are...a visa agent,
You placed several visa ad here before asking people to contact you for visa including spouses visa.
Here its your hubby but in this thread is your boyfriend in Canada
Another unintelligent scammer busted.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 1:26pm On Feb 24, 2015
Vicjustice:
Another unintelligent scammer busted.

Really unintelligent

(1) (2) (3) ... (282) (283) (284) (285) (286) (287) (288) ... (426)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.