Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,241 members, 7,780,475 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 03:11 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (297) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (976958 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (294) (295) (296) (297) (298) (299) (300) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by tayotp: 8:16am On Mar 22, 2015
Good morning to everyone,please does the UK high commission accept scan copies of invitation letter and all other documents from the person inviting?

Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Bostin(m): 9:12am On Mar 22, 2015
Bostin:
Kudos Good ppl, am asking this on behalf of my sister. She has a valid UK visa for more that 6months after returning home but she can not re-use it due to some personal reasons and the type of visa , now she want to apply for a tourist/visiting visa. Do you think it will be granted or she should wait till the recent visa expired. Note the old visa is on expired old passport.
pls I need urgent responds to this above
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by aibisoye: 12:00pm On Mar 22, 2015
I Used Scan Invitatation letter, Pay slips N passport page for mine.
tayotp:
Good morning to everyone,please does the UK high commission accept scan copies of invitation letter and all other documents from the person inviting?

Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 12:58pm On Mar 22, 2015
Bostin:
Kudos Good ppl, am asking this on behalf of my sister. She has a valid UK visa for more that 6months after returning home but she can not re-use it due to some personal reasons and the type of visa , now she want to apply for a tourist/visiting visa. Do you think it will be granted or she should wait till the recent visa expired. Note the old visa is on expired old passport.

What type of visa is that?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 1:46pm On Mar 22, 2015
Bostin:
If a special category visa, or any regular visa is issued with a single entry validity, then, the visa is automatically expired once it has been used even if the expiration date has not ran out. So, she is good to make a fresh application.
Note: In Schengen territory, it is not allowed to apply for two visas within 6 months, an applicant must wait for the previous visa to completely run out, and if the visa is shorter than 6 months, then he must wait for 6 months to elapse before making a fresh application.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Bostin(m): 3:57pm On Mar 22, 2015
justwise:

What type of visa is that?
student visa ,she returned home when she lost her sponsor not to abuse the visa.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Bostin(m): 3:59pm On Mar 22, 2015
Vicjustice:

If a special category visa, or any regular visa is issued with a single entry validity, then, the visa is automatically expired once it has been used even if the expiration date has not ran out. So, she is good to make a fresh application.
Note: In Schengen territory, it is not allowed to apply for two visas within 6 months, an applicant must wait for the previous visa to completely run out before making a fresh application.
thanks prof for the wonderful enlighten. The visa type is a student visa, she returned home when she lost her sponsor and could not sponsor herself.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 4:10pm On Mar 22, 2015
Bostin:
student visa ,she returned home when she lost her sponsor not to abuse the visa.

Let her allow that to expire before going for visiting visa

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Bostin(m): 4:32pm On Mar 22, 2015
justwise:

Let her allow that to expire before going for visiting visa
thanks so much God bless u in abundant.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 4:47pm On Mar 22, 2015
Bostin:
thanks so much God bless u in abundant.

No worries.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by NJN: 6:02am On Mar 23, 2015
Hello House,

Would like to know, for a person going to the UK on a tier4 study visa (specifically for Postgraduate studies), for a programme that commences by late September, when is the latest time I can apply for Visa?

Got some professional programmes I'm currently running..don't wanna apply for the visa till I am done with them cos they need to reflect on my application.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 8:26am On Mar 23, 2015
NJN:
Hello House,
Would like to know, for a person going to the UK on a tier4 study visa (specifically for Postgraduate studies), for a programme that commences by late September, when is the latest time I can apply for Visa?
Got some professional programmes I'm currently running..don't wanna apply for the visa till I am done with them cos they need to reflect on my application.
Such application might take 4 weeks or more: it is generally encouraged to give adequate time to allow the visa office enough time to process the application as insufficient time could mean visa refusal.
I'll suggest that you give at least 6 weeks to your travel date even though your visa could be processed earlier. My opinion...

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by NJN: 8:57am On Mar 23, 2015
Wow...Thanks for the info.

Was almost relaxing when I saw ds on UK Home Office website (actually stated 10days for MOST applications). Just thot I should still reconfirm from people with the experience.

https://visa-processingtimes.homeoffice.gov.uk/y/abuja-nigeria/all

I appreciate....
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by beckycute1: 9:04am On Mar 23, 2015
Hello Nairalanders, while filling my mum's visa form a mistake was made, we didn't include my sister's name as dependent. Payment has not been made yet, how do we withdraw this application or do we go ahead and do a new one without completing the former?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 9:20am On Mar 23, 2015
beckycute1:
Hello Nairalanders, while filling my mum's visa form a mistake was made, we didn't include my sister's name as dependent. Payment has not been made yet, how do we withdraw this application or do we go ahead and do a new one without completing the former?
If you can't go back to edit it, then you can abandon the form and fill in a new one: there is no rules broken in doing that, besides, your abandoned application will be invalid and will not be retained in the system
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Ess: 12:27pm On Mar 23, 2015
babeface3:
This is one of the ill treatments meted out to a Nigerian recently in the UK.

My friend was traveling to the UK to meet a friend of his for some important discussions. His wife's younger sister stays in London and was not aware of his arrival as he wanted to stay in the hotel throughout his visit without any disturbance.

On arriving London, Immigration officers asked him if he knew anyone in London, to which he said no. In what looked like a drama, they took his phone from him and one of the officers went to an office, searched through the phone, found a London Number and called it. My guy's sister-in-law picked and answered all the questions they posed thinking the sister's husband was in trouble.

Like another drama, mu guy found himself in a room, and thereafter ushered to a waiting plane going to Lagos.

This is absolutely astonishing!

Got this from another thread!

Honesty is key in this game. Please lets endeavor to attain it and be mindful of incriminating evidences on our phones or laptops while traveling to avoid stories that touch!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by beckycute1: 12:47pm On Mar 23, 2015
Vicjustice:

If you can't go back to edit it, then you can abandon the form and fill in a new one: there is no rules broken in doing that, besides, your abandoned application will be invalid and will not be retained in the system

Thanks i have already done that, but the problem now is payment, the site declined my Gtb and stanbic ibtc card and now is saying "Sorry, your order is no longer payablePlease contact the merchant quoting the following reference number"

i dont know what to do again
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by collinsobinna(m): 3:36pm On Mar 23, 2015
Hello everyone, thanks for your contributions. I just got my visa but have some questions.

If I change my hotel before traveling by making a different booking or not making any booking at all,will it cause any issues at point of entry? I will have enough funds on me to show.

I also mentioned I will be departing Nigeria on the third of April,if I leave earlier or later,will it be a problem during my trip and next application.

Also if I add a few more weeks to my holiday,as I plan to visit Scotland,Ireland too.will it be an issue?

Thanks for your response.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by worry359(m): 3:49pm On Mar 23, 2015
collinsobinna:
Hello everyone, thanks for your contributions. I just got my visa but have some questions.
If I change my hotel before traveling by making a different booking or not making any booking at all,will it cause any issues at point of entry? I will have enough funds on me to show.
I also mentioned I will be departing Nigeria on the third of April,if I leave earlier or later,will it be a problem during my trip and next application.
Also if I add a few more weeks to my holiday,as I plan to visit Scotland,Ireland too.will it be an issue?
You want to change hotel.
Or travel with no accomodation!
You want to change date of departure.
You want to change length of stay.
With all of this you are looking very suspicious, a good case for rejection.
You should get your plans sorted before trying to travel!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by aibisoye: 6:19am On Mar 24, 2015
Good morning house,

I plan going to the UK late April. Please advise which airline is the cheapest and is okay with shortest transit or direct. And when is the best time to book?

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by nonoski: 8:51pm On Mar 24, 2015
Good house, please i wish to inquire how long it takes for 6 month General Visitor (Family) coz we submitted our application on 12th of May and up till now we are yet to receive any mail but a friend that submitted his on 13th received his passport/visa today.

Plus something seems to be wrong with Teleperformance website http://www.ge2ng.tpcontact.co.uk/user/login
'It keeps saying site under construction, don't know if any other person has experience this.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by nonoski: 8:52pm On Mar 24, 2015
aibisoye:
Good morning house,

I plan going to the UK late April. Please advise which airline is the cheapest and is okay with shortest transit or direct. And when is the best time to book?

Thanks
Airfrance

check on www.wakanow.com
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 9:25pm On Mar 24, 2015
nonoski:
Good house, please i wish to inquire how long it takes for 6 month General Visitor (Family) coz we submitted our application on 12th of May and up till now we are yet to receive any mail but a friend that submitted his on 13th received his passport/visa today.

Plus something seems to be wrong with Teleperformance website http://www.ge2ng.tpcontact.co.uk/user/login
'It keeps saying site under construction, don't know if any other person has experience this.
try this
https://uk.tlscontact.com/ng/lgv/register.php
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by utcheylee: 1:58pm On Mar 25, 2015
Good day
Pls I want to find out details on how to apply for visiting visa, I heard is now online so am I suppose to scan and attach all my document , pls this is my first time of applying for visa.

My nephew that is doing his MSC want to invite me over but am d one paying for my trip I earn 50k as monthly salary and a commission of sales not less than 100k monthly.

I have about 500k for d trip do you think is enough to grant visa although I and my wife has a joint cooperative contribution were we have like 800k inside. but the issue is that its in my wife's name since is their office that does the contribution.

This are d list of document i want to submit

Offer letter
Introduction letter from my company
Pay slip 3 months
Invitation letter from my nephew
Hotel reservation
Statement of account for salary
Cooperative statement
2 weeks health insurance
Marriage cert
Family pictures
Wife's letter stating she's aware of the trip and her call card
Wife's statement that has balance of 25ok
Letter from my nephew sch and his data page
Schedule of my budget plan for d 500k (eg) hotel 150k, flight 150k and feeding and shopping 250k for d 14 days I intend to stay.

Pls what are my chances and how will I go about it.

Will be grateful for ur response.

Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by beckycute1: 3:42pm On Mar 25, 2015
Hello Nairalanders,

I applied for a UK visiting visa for my mother and listed I was her dependent and will be travelling with her. If the visa is granted, do we have to travel on the same date seeing as I am dependent of hers or can I meet up with her. I need to know cos her travel date is not favourable with my intended leave date...or do I just apply on my own...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by NJN: 3:55pm On Mar 25, 2015
@Vicjustice

Pls, I would like to talk with u. Au do I contact u?

Tnks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by utcheylee: 4:11pm On Mar 25, 2015
Abeg na make una help a brother out
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by nonoski: 6:01pm On Mar 25, 2015
Thanks to every member of the house, justwise, Vicjustice, worry et all
VISA has been granted.

Thank you all once again

God Bless u justwise and Vicjustice and worry359

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by nonoski: 6:04pm On Mar 25, 2015
utcheylee:
Good day
Pls I want to find out details on how to apply for visiting visa, I heard is now online so am I suppose to scan and attach all my document , pls this is my first time of applying for visa.

My nephew that is doing his MSC want to invite me over but am d one paying for my trip I earn 50k as monthly salary and a commission of sales not less than 100k monthly.

I have about 500k for d trip do you think is enough to grant visa although I and my wife has a joint cooperative contribution were we have like 800k inside. but the issue is that its in my wife's name since is their office that does the contribution.

This are d list of document i want to submit

Offer letter
Introduction letter from my company
Pay slip 3 months
Invitation letter from my nephew
Hotel reservation
Statement of account for salary
Cooperative statement
2 weeks health insurance
Marriage cert
Family pictures
Wife's letter stating she's aware of the trip and her call card
Wife's statement that has balance of 25ok
Letter from my nephew sch and his data page
Schedule of my budget plan for d 500k (eg) hotel 150k, flight 150k and feeding and shopping 250k for d 14 days I intend to stay.

Pls what are my chances and how will I go about it.

Will be grateful for ur response.

Thanks.

Go to
https://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk/home/index

register and fill ur the form
when u are done
Click on the fill for someone else and fill for your wife

Pay online using ur master card or visa card

Register at teleperformance website

https://uk.tlscontact.com/ng/lgv/register.php

prepare all ur supporting documents and go on the appointed day and submit the hard copies.

U don't need to scan.

PS: U need 6 months pay slip and try to give a realistic cost of flight and accommodation.

Use www.wakanow.com to check for the probable cost of flight for u and ur wife and www.bookings.com to check for accommodation using the number of days u intended to stay as guide.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by liliana(f): 6:28pm On Mar 25, 2015
worry359:

You want to change hotel.
Or travel with no accomodation!
You want to change date of departure.
You want to change length of stay.
With all of this you are looking very suspicious, a good case for rejection.
You should get your plans sorted before trying to travel!
@ worry359

He said he just got his visa! How does that translate to a rejection?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by liliana(f): 6:31pm On Mar 25, 2015
collinsobinna:

@OP,

The last 5 pages has mentioned something about all of your questions. I believe reading 5 pages back would give you the answers to these questions.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 6:34pm On Mar 25, 2015
nonoski:
Thanks to every member of the house, justwise, Vicjustice, worry et all
VISA has been granted.

Thank you all once again

God Bless u justwise and Vicjustice and worry359

Congratulations!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (294) (295) (296) (297) (298) (299) (300) ... (426)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Travelling To Canada Part 10

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.