Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,752 members, 7,806,068 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:56 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (298) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (980033 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (295) (296) (297) (298) (299) (300) (301) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 6:36pm On Mar 25, 2015
beckycute1:
Hello Nairalanders,

I applied for a UK visiting visa for my mother and listed I was her dependent and will be travelling with her. If the visa is granted, do we have to travel on the same date seeing as I am dependent of hers or can I meet up with her. I need to know cos her travel date is not favourable with my intended leave date...or do I just apply on my own...

You may have a lot of questions to answer at POE if you traveled differently
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 6:38pm On Mar 25, 2015
collinsobinna:
Hello everyone, thanks for your contributions. I just got my visa but have some questions.

If I change my hotel before traveling by making a different booking or not making any booking at all,will it cause any issues at point of entry? I will have enough funds on me to show.

I also mentioned I will be departing Nigeria on the third of April, if I leave earlier or later, will it be a problem during my trip and next application.

Also if I add a few more weeks to my holiday ,as I plan to visit Scotland,Ireland too.will it be an issue?

Thanks for your response.

That is a lot of changes, stick to your original plan to avoid visa cancellation at the POE.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by collinsobinna(m): 6:51pm On Mar 25, 2015
justwise:

That is a lot of changes, stick to your original plan to avoid visa cancellation at the POE.
Thanks for your response. I really have to change something...which can I change without raising eyebrows.

I Intend to travel later than April. Okay?
I intend to book a different hotel.okay?
I intend to stay a little while longer since my itinerary involves visiting certain other cities in the UK.?

Which can I change? Which should I not? Just a suggestion. I cant stick to all without flexibility. Any two I can change will do.

Note:I have my visa already.its a multiple entry visit visa. I stated in my visa form,I will depart on the 3rd of April and return after a week.but noted now it's not enough for me to really see all the locations I need to.used a certain hotel booking which may have to be changed depending on the above.

Thanks for your suggestion.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 7:04pm On Mar 25, 2015
NJN:
@Vicjustice

Pls, I would like to talk with u. Au do I contact u?

Tnks.
But you've just contacted me
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 7:14pm On Mar 25, 2015
collinsobinna:

Thanks for your response. I really have to change something...which can I change without raising eyebrows.

I intend to stay a little while longer since my itinerary involves visiting certain other cities in the UK.?

Which can I change? Which should I not? Just a suggestion. I cant stick to all without flexibility. Any two I can change will do.

Note:I have my visa already.its a multiple entry visit visa. I stated in my visa form,I will depart on the 3rd of April and return after a week.but noted now it's not enough for me to really see all the locations I need to.used a certain hotel booking which may have to be changed depending on the above.

Any or all of the above plans can be abrogated with no problem provided you have other valid plans or alternative arrangements in place:
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 7:24pm On Mar 25, 2015
collinsobinna:

Nothing wrong with changing hotel as long as it's within the city you are visiting first.

Staying longer than initially stated in your application form is not always a good idea unless you have a very good reason for that, that is what you need to explain at the POE or when renewing your visa.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by utcheylee: 7:58pm On Mar 25, 2015
@ nonoski tanks man for ur help my wife is not travelling with me I just want to use her statement to boost mine since I earn lesser and also a letter from her DAT she's aware of my travelling so it won't look like am running away.
Do you think it will help or I shld just go with mine?
Finally d 500 to 600k is it enough to show as expenses for everything.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by utcheylee: 8:05pm On Mar 25, 2015
I have already booked from bookingd.com for 14day and is about 120k and wakanow flight is 136 so can 500 cover every also what are my chances
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by SleekMc: 11:23pm On Mar 25, 2015
Hi good day gurus in the house justwise and Vicjustice you guys have been doing a great job. please i need advice. i am a medical doctor married with a daughter planning to go write plab in the Uk in june. first time applying for Uk visa, i have read most of the other comments but my question is this, my salary account is about 100,000 presently though about 1m is fixed, savings has about 1m as well but has large amount of money moved in and out as my father pays in money for some stuff i have to do for him. my question is this will this be an issue for getting visa, can i use 3 to 4 bank statements. lastly my fathers account is very good so can i just use him as a sponsor, but i am thinking since i am working class and i am applying for tourist visa wont it be somehow that my dad is sponsoring. pls advice from the house
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 11:36pm On Mar 25, 2015
SleekMc:
Hi good day gurus in the house justwise and Vicjustice you guys have been doing a great job. please i need advice. i am a medical doctor married with a daughter planning to go write plab in the Uk in june. first time applying for Uk visa, i have read most of the other comments but my question is this, my salary account is about 100,000 presently though about 1m is fixed, savings has about 1m as well but has large amount of money moved in and out as my father pays in money for some stuff i have to do for him. my question is this will this be an issue for getting visa, can i use 3 to 4 bank statements. lastly my fathers account is very good so can i just use him as a sponsor, but i am thinking since i am working class and i am applying for tourist visa wont it be somehow that my dad is sponsoring. pls advice from the house
The chance of you getting a visa under your dad's sponsorship is very slim.
Well, as for your numerous bank statements, it won't matter how many they are, what counts is the amount of money that is available for you: Money Lodgement is bad.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by belle001(f): 12:04am On Mar 26, 2015
Hello vicjustice/justwise,please I need your help,I have never traveled before and I'm preparing to go for an extensive course in the uk on events/wedding planning and management..I've been on this for almost a year,people have being asking me to get an agent and all that but I don't want to,at the same time I don't want to make any mistake or even lie about any information they might need..I'll be spending about 18months,how much(range) will I need to take with me?do I need to make that money lodgement that people do??do I need a letter from the school?or my friend who I'll be staying with??And what type of visa should I apply for??please help me answer..thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by kayode85: 12:52am On Mar 26, 2015
SleekMc:
Hi.I am a doctor who is currently registered in the UK. I am just wondering why you are applying for tourist visa instead of the business visitors visa for doctors.Which of the plab exams are you going to sit,1 or 2?If it's The second one,a business visa will be more appropriate.
Good luck with the exams
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 8:11am On Mar 26, 2015
belle001:
Hello vicjustice/justwise,please I need your help,I have never traveled before and I'm preparing to go for an extensive course in the uk on events/wedding planning and management..I've been on this for almost a year,people have being asking me to get an agent and all that but I don't want to,at the same time I don't want to make any mistake or even lie about any information they might need..I'll be spending about 18months,how much(range) will I need to take with me?do I need to make that money lodgement that people do??do I need a letter from the school?or my friend who I'll be staying with??And what type of visa should I apply for??please help me answer..thanks

Are you going for Msc course or a training course sponsored by your company?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 8:13am On Mar 26, 2015
SleekMc:
Hi good day gurus in the house justwise and Vicjustice you guys have been doing a great job. please i need advice. i am a medical doctor married with a daughter planning to go write plab in the Uk in june. first time applying for Uk visa, i have read most of the other comments but my question is this, my salary account is about 100,000 presently though about 1m is fixed , savings has about 1m as well but has large amount of money moved in and out as my father pays in money for some stuff i have to do for him. my question is this will this be an issue for getting visa, can i use 3 to 4 bank statements. lastly my fathers account is very good so can i just use him as a sponsor, but i am thinking since i am working class and i am applying for tourist visa wont it be somehow that my dad is sponsoring. pls advice from the house

Use your salary account and the fix for the application, how long is the course?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by SleekMc: 9:56am On Mar 26, 2015
its an exam, a day exam but i will be staying 10 - 14 days. thinking tourist visa but i have friends there, so i am thinking i booked for hotels in tourist areas in london but i will go and stay with my friends. hope thats possible
justwise:

Use your salary account and the fix for the application, how long is the course?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by SleekMc: 10:00am On Mar 26, 2015
kayode85:

Hi.I am a doctor who is currently registered in the UK. I am just wondering why you are applying for tourist visa instead of the business visitors visa for doctors.Which of the plab exams are you going to sit,1 or 2?If it's The second one,a business visa will be more appropriate.
Good luck with the exams
thanks Kayode, i am going to write plab 1, dont think they give plab visa for plab 1 or do they.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 11:15am On Mar 26, 2015
SleekMc:
its an exam, a day exam but i will be staying 10 - 14 days. thinking tourist visa but i have friends there, so i am thinking i booked for hotels in tourist areas in london but i will go and stay with my friends. hope thats possible

Business visiting visa is the appropriate visa to apply for.

If the exam center is in London then book a hotel close to that place in London, if you want to stay with your friend then get IV from your friend and proof of accommodation.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by SleekMc: 2:43pm On Mar 26, 2015
justwise:

Business visiting visa is the appropriate visa to apply for.

If the exam center is in London then book a hotel close to that place in London, if you want to stay with your friend then get IV from your friend and proof of accommodation.
Thanks Justwise for your comment the problem is that for the plab 2 a buisness visa is routinely given because the exam can only be done in UK but plab 1 can be done in nigeria just that next date is november and i cant wait for that. So i dont really know if they will give me visa for plab 1. whats your take

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Logictinz: 2:46pm On Mar 26, 2015
@Justwise, Vicjustice and other gurus in da house, abeg any news on teleperformance site that is not opening? I submitted my visa documents since 16th and ve gotten email from UK Shiefield dat decision have been made on my application since Monday but am yet to get my passport back. Though I paid for the courier service, am wondering while I haven't receive it yet and can't even track d progress on teleperformance site. The bad part is that d lady dat attended to me didn't give me a tracking number for d courier service even when I insisted to have it, she said they don't give....is there any number I can reach dem on(teleperformance), VI center. I really need d passport back. Many thanks!!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 5:50pm On Mar 26, 2015
Logictinz:
@Justwise, Vicjustice and other gurus in da house, abeg any news on teleperformance site that is not opening? I submitted my visa documents since 16th and ve gotten email from UK Shiefield dat decision have been made on my application since Monday but am yet to get my passport back. Though I paid for the courier service, am wondering while I haven't receive it yet and can't even track d progress on teleperformance site. The bad part is that d lady dat attended to me didn't give me a tracking number for d courier service even when I insisted to have it, she said they don't give....is there any number I can reach dem on(teleperformance), VI center. I really need d passport back. Many thanks!!

I don't think they have contact number, you can only pay them a visit.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 5:51pm On Mar 26, 2015
SleekMc:

Thanks Justwise for your comment the problem is that for the plab 2 a buisness visa is routinely given because the exam can only be done in UK but plab 1 can be done in nigeria just that next date is november and i cant wait for that. So i dont really know if they will give me visa for plab 1. whats your take

Did you register for plab 1 exam in the UK and was given a date?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by belle001(f): 8:57pm On Mar 26, 2015
justwise:

Are you going for Msc course or a training course sponsored by your company?
Its a training course and it will be sponsored my mum and I..
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 10:19pm On Mar 26, 2015
belle001:

belle001:

Its a training course and it will be sponsored my mum and I..

Then you need to apply as a student and meet student visa requirements. it's not difficult though, pretty straight forward. If the training is offered by university or college pay your training fees and get a CAS, you need £820 per month for maximum of 9 months....if your school is outside London..that money covers all your expenses including rent and bills
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by belle001(f): 10:23pm On Mar 26, 2015
justwise:

Then you need to apply as a student and meet student visa requirements. it's not difficult though, pretty straight forward. If the training is offered by university or college pay your training fees and get a CAS, you need £820 per month for maximum of 9 months....if your school is outside London..that money covers all your expenses including rent and bills

Okies,thank you so much,I'll do just that..is it ok to apply for the visa online??
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 10:30pm On Mar 26, 2015
belle001:

Okies,thank you so much,I'll do just that..is it ok to apply for the visa online??

Everything is done online now...but you still have to submit the same set of documents at their visa center after online submission.

First make sure that the school offering the training is licenced to do that by UKBA
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by kayode85: 10:37pm On Mar 26, 2015
SleekMc:

thanks Kayode, i am going to write plab 1, dont think they give plab visa for plab 1 or do they.
Oh,if it's Plab then it has to be a tourist visa.the business visitor visa is for Plab 2.
Cheers
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by TCann(m): 12:00am On Mar 27, 2015
Hello everyone in the house...justwise, vicjustice et al

I submitted my application along with that of my wife and 3 children on the 10th of March after clarifying all issues by way of "question posing" here.

Exactly on Monday, the 23rd, I received the usual email...

" Your visa has now been processed and ready for collection"

Wifey went there today and to God be the glory, the whole family members were granted visas.

My appreciation goes to everyone especially Justwise and Vicjustice for fielding my numerous questions that cumulated in the application's success.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 1:07am On Mar 27, 2015
TCann:
Hello everyone in the house...justwise, vicjustice et al

I submitted my application along with that of my wife and 3 children on the 10th of March after clarifying all issues by way of "question posing" here.

Exactly on Monday, the 23rd, I received the usual email...

" Your visa has now been processed and ready for collection"

Wifey went there today and to God be the glory, the whole family members were granted visas.

My appreciation goes to everyone especially Justwise and Vicjustice for fielding my numerous questions that cumulated in the application's success.

Thank you.
Good to hear your testimony. Cheers
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by SleekMc: 1:46am On Mar 27, 2015
Gurus in the house was just wondering instead of applying for tourist visa can i apply for visiting visa, i have friends there i can stay with but the problem is there are not related to me. So just wondering if this would pass.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by tayotp: 9:38am On Mar 27, 2015
justwise

Like I said before only business owners submits tax certificate when applying for visa, if you are employed by somebody then your salary is taxed already and you don't submi tax certificate when applying for visa.[/quote

Good morning justwise,vicjustice and all.please especially at justwise ,with my case it seem u are advising I submit a payslips but Vic in is advise says it is through payslips that its possible for tax paid to be investigated.

Now what do I do,submit my application with payslips not showing tax paid or submit with none?

Also ma sister advised me to submit my dads company registration docs since it shows am also a director.Just to show ties to Nigeria.ls advise.Note-company does not pay tax.

Thank you

Pls whoever has submitted application without tax should pls also advise.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by maestro03: 12:54pm On Mar 27, 2015
SleekMc:
Gurus in the house was just wondering instead of applying for tourist visa can i apply for visiting visa, i have friends there i can stay with but the problem is there are not related to me. So just wondering if this would pass.

What's the difference? There's no difference. Tourist visas are general visas. Its the same visa you would be issued if you're going to visit your friend. If you had family there then that's a different case; you would apply for a Family Visit Visa. Hope that clarifies things for you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by maestro03: 12:59pm On Mar 27, 2015
[quote author=tayotp post=32050947][/quote]

Hi, your payslip should indicate all deductions which include tax and pension contribution. I have applied no less than 10 times and i never showed any tax certificate. Maybe someone else one this forum has contrary information that is valid. I believe Justwise is correct but then i'm no expert. wink

(1) (2) (3) ... (295) (296) (297) (298) (299) (300) (301) ... (426)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.