Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,587 members, 7,809,123 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:09 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (305) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (980321 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (302) (303) (304) (305) (306) (307) (308) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 7:46pm On Apr 11, 2015
daramolavo:

Yes. it expired while i was waiting for the visa application outcome

Then that is not your fault, if i were you i will not be taking another test.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 7:53pm On Apr 11, 2015
gigi24:
Gud day everyone.
Am new here and really hope to get gud advise on here.

i applied for a student visa to do a masters programme in the uk last yera but got a refusal after 2weeks.stating that i didnt say what i have been doin since i graduated since 2008.secondly that i failed to explain where thefunds for my proposed studie came from.bearing in mind that i had paid my tuition in full and had d required maintenance in my bank account as well.i also attached a letter on the companies letter headed paper from my company wher i work stating i work with them .when aske d what i would do upon completion of my course at interview i said i would come baq to the country to get employment or go to my family business cause the skills i acquire will enable me that.WEN ASKED AT .they also stated in the refusal notice that i have no clear indication of what i want to do upon completion of my course.
i got a lawyer after gettin the refusal notice who advised me that he would file my case in the upper tribunal9judicial review).i just got a decision from court stating my my review has been granted on the basis that the reason for the refusal was unreasonable because they never asked me those questions at interview he also pointed out the fact that there was no specific place in the application form that dealt or asked those questions yet i was refused on those basis....my question goes thus....now that my review has been granted,what is the next step and what are my chances on this case....

not forgetting to mention that i scored 40points tho both for cas and maintenance.

looking forward to have answers ...@justwise and everybody else in the house.
tank uuuuuu

They will ask you to submit your passport for visa
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ancestorial(m): 8:12pm On Apr 11, 2015
Pls house,, help me with the following informations. I plan to attend a summit in UK and I av a virgin passport. Please wat ar the necessary documents I should have? And. Besides, how do I book flight and compare their prices?....thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by worry357: 8:25pm On Apr 11, 2015
ancestorial:
Pls house,, help me with the following informations. I plan to attend a summit in UK and I av a virgin passport. Please wat ar the necessary documents I should have? And. Besides, how do I book flight and compare their prices?....thanks

The first thing that they will look for will be your strong ties to return home. You need to establish family or managed landed property or a letter of leave from your employer.
Then look to your finances.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Lexusgs430: 9:20pm On Apr 11, 2015
ancestorial:

Visa process 1st, then flight next(horse before the cart).
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by SleekMc: 9:28pm On Apr 11, 2015
Hello Gurus in the house,
Thanks for your efforts so far well appreciated, i need urgent advice from you guys i have filled my visa application form and scheduled for biometrics on tuesday, now the problem is that i am using 3 banks statements, first is my salary account which shows influx and eflux of money with balance of about 200k and a treasury bill of 1million in same account, the next account is zenith bank where i have an account of about 1.2 million but had treasury bills which was liquidated and paid into my account than was what added up to the 200k in the zenith to make it 1.2million, lastly is my uba which has about 1.5million but then my father has paid in money into the account 300k on 3 occasions but when i filled the form i didnt state that i receive money from my parents.
my question is this should i keep aside my uba account on the fact of the monies been paid in by my dad
the next is will the liquidation of my treasury bills into the zenith account be seen as lump payment of money and lastly if i am to put aside my uba with my zenith account and union salary account be sufficient.
thanks in advance for your advice as i know the commonest cause of visa refusal is when the statements are not in order. thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ancestorial(m): 10:18pm On Apr 11, 2015
Thanks for your responses...must I submit only marriage cert to prove as a tie or with other document like landed property?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by hercules906: 4:23pm On Apr 12, 2015
good day house, vic justice thanks for the good work, justwise you too,
please what is the difference between a letter addressed to the ECO, BHC Lagos, and Entry Clearance Manager, Abuja. Asking because i included a letter addressed to the ECO, but i read somewhere on this thread, where someone mentioned that a letter should be addressed to the ECM. please i'm a bit confused oh, yet to submit my application so i can still adjust it if need be, waiting for ypur responses please. thank you..
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 5:04pm On Apr 12, 2015
hercules906:
good day house, vic justice thanks for the good work, justwise you too,
please what is the difference between a letter addressed to the ECO, BHC Lagos, and Entry Clearance Manager, Abuja. Asking because i included a letter addressed to the ECO, but i read somewhere on this thread, where someone mentioned that a letter should be addressed to the ECM. please i'm a bit confused oh, yet to submit my application so i can still adjust it if need be, waiting for ypur responses please. thank you..

You can address its to ECO or BHC but not to ECM, You address a letter to ECM when you are submitting an appeal or review
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 5:07pm On Apr 12, 2015
SleekMc:
Hello Gurus in the house,
Thanks for your efforts so far well appreciated, i need urgent advice from you guys i have filled my visa application form and scheduled for biometrics on tuesday, now the problem is that i am using 3 banks statements, first is my salary account which shows influx and eflux of money with balance of about 200k and a treasury bill of 1million in same account, the next account is zenith bank where i have an account of about 1.2 million but had treasury bills which was liquidated and paid into my account than was what added up to the 200k in the zenith to make it 1.2million, lastly is my uba which has about 1.5million but then my father has paid in money into the account 300k on 3 occasions but when i filled the form i didnt state that i receive money from my parents.
my question is this should i keep aside my uba account on the fact of the monies been paid in by my dad
the next is will the liquidation of my treasury bills into the zenith account be seen as lump payment of money and lastly if i am to put aside my uba with my zenith account and union salary account be sufficient.
thanks in advance for your advice as i know the commonest cause of visa refusal is when the statements are not in order. thanks

You can submit as many bank accounts as you want as long as you can explain with paper evidences the source of money in those accounts.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by hercules906: 5:51pm On Apr 12, 2015
justwise:

You can address its to ECO or BHC but not to ECM, You address a letter to ECM when you are submitting an appeal or review

thanks a lot, one final question oh... the letter of introduction from my employer, should it be in a sealed envelope or i can just attach it without an envelope...i know my questions are becoming too much.. lol, thanks a lot
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by aibisoye: 8:06pm On Apr 12, 2015
Just put it along with your employment letter. Pay Slips, id card photocopy, they will provide their own postal bags.
hercules906:

thanks a lot, one final question oh... the letter of introduction from my employer, should it be in a sealed envelope or i can just attach it without an envelope...i know my questions are becoming too much.. lol, thanks a lot
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by hercules906: 9:20pm On Apr 12, 2015
aibisoye:
Just put it along with your employment letter. Pay Slips, id card photocopy, they will provide their own postal bags.

thank you for your response, but i dont have an I.D card at the moment, but i have my employment letter and payslips, hope that wont be an issue.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by eniayooke: 12:10pm On Apr 13, 2015
Hello Justwise and all, Its a great job you all are doing here.
I have gone through this thread but i'll still like you to help me out.
I am planning to apply for a UK 6 month tourist visa on a virgin passport to London for a 10 day Vac.
I will declare that i have been refused a student visa in 2006 for using my dads company account.
Right now i work with an Oil servicing coy for 8 months and due for leave in august and would like to go on holidays.
I earn 203k after tax. My account balance is about 1.2 mill. I am 24, still live with my parents and have no major expenses as they cover all.
MY concern now would be should I book a hotel and flight ticket. How do i convince the ECO i wont go broke after this. Then ill just list my family and friends in the UK i plan to visit.
Or should i get one of them to invite me and attach supporting documents. (Even if i may stay with one of them I dont like this route) Which gives me a better chance of getting the visa though. I dont want a refusal, I plan to apply on the 1st of May. When is the best time to print my bank statement too.
What can i declare as my strong ties to return to nigeria apart from my job. Is it Ok to attach a cover letter.
I plan to spend about 500 - 600k, How do i explain this.
So many questions, Please help me> Thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by worry357: 12:24pm On Apr 13, 2015
eniayooke:
What can i declare as my strong ties to return to nigeria apart from my job. Is it Ok to attach a cover letter.

As a single person living with parents, your ties are not good.
A letter from your employer stating your leave would help.
A cover letter just from yourself will mean very little.
If you book tickets or hotel MAKE SURE that they are refundable as your case is not strong.
Sorry to be blunt but that is the truth.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by gigi24: 12:34pm On Apr 13, 2015
justwise:

They will ask you to submit your passport for visa
@justwise tank u
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by doceze: 3:44pm On Apr 13, 2015
Hi @Justwise, a well known organisation in Scotland has invited me to the UK for three days. The organisation is covering all expenses (accommodation and air fare to and fro inclusive). I have an invitation letter from the organisation confirming this... Do I need to provide a personal bank statement to support my application?
Also I have lived in the UK for a year (2012-2013) while undertaking a Master's course and returned to naija following completion of the course four months before my visa expired.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by aibisoye: 5:03pm On Apr 13, 2015
Just to advise you, why don't you try Dubai and Ghana first. Then apply. That's what I did. Disvirgin your pali first.
eniayooke:
I am planning to apply for a UK 6 month tourist visa on a virgin passport to London for a 10 day Vac.
I will declare that i have been refused a student visa in 2006 for using my dads company account.
Right now i work with an Oil servicing coy for 8 months and due for leave in august and would like to go on holidays.
I earn 203k after tax. My account balance is about 1.2 mill. I am 24, still live with my parents and have no major expenses as they cover all.
MY concern now would be should I book a hotel and flight ticket. How do i convince the ECO i wont go broke after this. Then ill just list my family and friends in the UK i plan to visit.
Or should i get one of them to invite me and attach supporting documents. (Even if i may stay with one of them I dont like this route) Which gives me a better chance of getting the visa though. I dont want a refusal, I plan to apply on the 1st of May. When is the best time to print my bank statement too.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by eniayooke: 5:12pm On Apr 13, 2015
Thank you worry 357 and abisoye.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 5:27pm On Apr 13, 2015
eniayooke:

Staying with a family member will reduce the cost for you, though you will need proof of accommodation, IV and data page of their passport.
Your salary is not bad but spending more than 500K in 10days will not do your application any good.

Your job remains your only tie to Nigeria, you can't manufacture any other tie.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 5:28pm On Apr 13, 2015
doceze:
Hi @Justwise, a well known organisation in Scotland has invited me to the UK for three days. The organisation is covering all expenses (accommodation and air fare to and fro inclusive). I have an invitation letter from the organisation confirming this... Do I need to provide a personal bank statement to support my application?
Also I have lived in the UK for a year (2012-2013) while undertaking a Master's course and returned to naija following completion of the course four months before my visa expired.

Yes you need to.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by eniayooke: 9:04am On Apr 14, 2015
justwise:

Staying with a family member will reduce the cost for you, though you will need proof of accommodation, IV and data page of their passport.
Your salary is not bad but spending more than 500K in 10days will not do your application any good.

Your job remains your only tie to Nigeria, you can't manufacture any other tie.

Thank you for your response Justwise, since i'll be bearing the cost does that mean my invitee need not include bank details and statement of account save for proof of accommodation,(tenancy agreement) IV and data page of their passport
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by TCann(m): 10:48am On Apr 14, 2015
aibisoye:
Just to advise you, why don't you try Dubai and Ghana first. Then apply. That's what I did. Disvirgin your pali first.

The 'wrongest' advice you can ever get on non-immigrant (visit) visa matters.

It amuses me when people tell you..."ol'boy go to SA, Dubai first o, to 'disvirgin' your pali", because having taken my time to read extensively UK immigration rules and guidelines guiding visa officers in making their decisions as to visa grant or refusals, then I began to appreciate the efforts of Justwise and others here (these guys are mobile encyclopaedia of knowledge) helping us to eraze our ignorance on many entry clearance issues. (Ol'boy, the Immigration Rules and Guidelines broad and extensive, no be small o,had to abandon it at some point! everything is on the internet)

Visas are granted (without sentiments or emotions) largely objectively when you meet the set down immigration rules, also visa processing shouldn't be spiritualized too. (my opinion though)

I have been granted visas as well as refused...thinking in retrospect now, having been armed with better information, I agreed that I deserved the refusal.

When I was granted my 1st ever visa to the UK, not only was I granted on a virgin passport, I applied for my family, other than my wife who had travelled to the UK before, my children applied with virgin passports. Meeting the requirements and without having to travel first to Dubai as a family to disvirgin our passports, we were all granted visa for holiday on our 'virgin' visa-less passports as a family.

Also on this other issue of "your-wife-must-bear-your-surname-on-her-passport", my wife still had her maiden surname as her surname on her passport as at the time we had our 1st ever travel together as a family, and recently renewed her passport with her maiden surname still as her surname (as we were not ready to go through the stress of change of name, Abuja Immigrations HQ runs etc)(at Ikoyi Passport office, the officers there kept making a fuss that my wife still wanted to re-list her maiden surname on her new passport and made it clear that we will be refused at the embassy. We just smiled and thanked them) and she still was granted visa on that renewed passport together with the rest of the family recently.

I just thought to push this out there to save some couples and their new families the stress. I dont think its worth it jor!

Calm down and know the rules! grin grin

Safe trips to all intending people (and families) in the course of the year!

Shoutout to JUSTWISE, VICJUSTICE AND OTHERS doing a great work here!!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by eniayooke: 11:52am On Apr 14, 2015
TCann:
[b][/b]

It amuses me when people tell you..."ol'boy go to SA, Dubai first o, to 'disvirgin' your pali", because having taken my time to read extensively UK immigration rules and guidelines guiding visa officers in making their decisions as to visa grant or refusals, then I began to appreciate the efforts of Justwise and others here (these guys are mobile encyclopaedia of knowledge) helping us to eraze our ignorance on many entry clearance issues. (Ol'boy, the Immigration Rules and Guidelines broad and extensive, no be small o,had to abandon it at some point! everything is on the internet)

Visas are granted (without sentiments or emotions) largely objectively when you meet the set down immigration rules, also visa processing shouldn't be spiritualized too. (my opinion though)

I have been granted visas as well as refused...thinking in retrospect now, having been armed with better information, I agreed that I deserved the refusal.

When I was granted my 1st ever visa to the UK, not only was I granted on a virgin passport, I applied for my family, other than my wife who had travelled to the UK before, my children applied with virgin passports. Meeting the requirements and without having to travel first to Dubai as a family to disvirgin our passports, we were all granted visa for holiday on our 'virgin' visa-less passports as a family.

Also on this other issue of "your-wife-must-bear-your-surname-on-her-passport", my wife still had her maiden surname as her surname on her passport as at the time we had our 1st ever travel together as a family, and recently renewed her passport with her maiden surname still as her surname (as we were not ready to go through the stress of change of name, Abuja Immigrations HQ runs etc)(at Ikoyi Passport office, the officers there kept making a fuss that my wife still wanted to re-list her maiden surname on her new passport and made it clear that we will be refused at the embassy. We just smiled and thanked them) and she still was granted visa on that renewed passport together with the rest of the family recently.

I just thought to push this out there to save some couples and their new families the stress. I dont think its worth it jor!

Your narrative is apt, Thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 1:13pm On Apr 14, 2015
eniayooke:

Thank you for your response Justwise, since i'll be bearing the cost does that mean my invitee need not include bank details and statement of account save for proof of accommodation,(tenancy agreement) IV and data page of their passport

Its not necessarily important for them to include those but you have to state that clearly in your form that they will only be providing accommodation for you and that you will be using public transport to places you tend to visit while in the UK.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 1:15pm On Apr 14, 2015
TCann:
[/b]
[b]

That line of advice is very common here in travel section and some people actually go with it..oh well....

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by eniayooke: 2:53pm On Apr 14, 2015
justwise:

Its not necessarily important for them to include those but you have to state that clearly in your form that they will only be providing accommodation for you and that you will be using public transport to places you tend to visit while in the UK.

Thank you very much,I will mention that in my personal cover letter while i wait for my invitation letter and the tenancy agreement .
Right now i have my Passport
Employment Letter and Photocopy of ID Card.
Payslips for the last 6 months
Bank Statement for the last 6 months
A Personal cover letter
Company's introduction letter stating ill be on leave (my only tie to nigeria)
I have just completed my Masters Programme this month and plan to start my PhD soon although i dont have an admission yet. Will it serve as a good tie?
I'm not sure if i should add the Flight booking.
Lastly I'll like to ask if i should explain how i plan to spend my BTA on a separate sheet or in my cover letter as well as my planned tour.
Do i also need to submit my old expired passport still in my posession along with the application.

Just want to get it right, No Errors. Thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by SleekMc: 5:09pm On Apr 14, 2015
hello gurus in the house, i went for subnission and biometrics today and i was asked to go for an interveiw, i didnt know i was supposed to go for interveiw. they asked me a couple of questions why i wanted to go, where i will stay where i work and for how long and even name of my boss at work. My fear is i was asked where i was supposed to do an exam in UK which was one of the reasons why i was going and i couldnt remember i just said somewhere in london, will this affect my chances.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vanillasky: 5:52pm On Apr 14, 2015
Thanks a lot to justwise and the rest of the house. Your patience in answering all sorts of questions is truly amazing. Just wanted to give feedback that we picked up our visas today. I was really worried about mistakenly stating my first passport was with nis on d application. To give me peace of mind my hubby called their customer service paid line and they were happy to take down d additional info we wanted to give and sent a mail confirming that it had been escalated to d those reviewing our files. I didn't even know it was possible to do this. As a previous poster stated, I just renewed my passport in my maiden name and I was granted d visa. I submitted marriage cert and newspaper publication for change of name. Thanks again to justwise and everyone who contributed.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by biggerthanthis: 5:57pm On Apr 14, 2015
I am to get some help. I am a South African citizen and want to go study in the Uk. I have applied and got accepted. My problem is I was refused a visa in 2006. The first time I was told they did not believe that the supporting documents were legitimate, which they were. The second time I was refused because I overstayed and used public funds which my passport stamp stated I was not supposed to. I had overstayed. I was a under the age of 18 when I overstayed and had nobody to stay with since my mother was in the uk. I overstayed from 2004-2006. But each of these years I would return to SA after school was closed for the year and return to the UK for new school year. The whole time I was waiting for my unabridged certificate to be issued. And it took 3yrs for it to be issued after numerous times of the "applications were lost". I was using different passports, the first one got lost and had to get a temporary passport. Which I used for 2005 and used new permanent 2006. I only disclosed the last time I overstayed cos I assumed they knew about the other times. The public funds story, I went for a fee assessment in the college I was attending. And they told me I don't have to pay. I explained this to the immigration officer but guess they did not believe me. I was days away from turning 18 when I applied for the dependency visa, the officer said I just want a visa. Since I was a minor, what were my rights? Though I was turning 18! The UKBA guide for immigration officers doesn't classify attending college as recourse to public funds. Why was I told the opposite? What are the chances of getting a tier 4 student visa? The last letter of refusal explicitly stated I will never be issued a UK Visa, no mention of any time limit.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by worry357: 6:04pm On Apr 14, 2015
biggerthanthis:
I am to get some help. What are the chances of getting a tier 4 student visa? The last letter of refusal explicitly stated I will never be issued a UK Visa, no mention of any time limit.

With your bad record and ban why are you making your life difficult by trying to get back into the UK as a student?
There are many places with good schools that you can apply to.
Just search with Google.

Or do you have other plans for the UK. which you are not telling us?
Is this a back door way to get in again?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 6:37pm On Apr 14, 2015
eniayooke:

Thank you very much,I will mention that in my personal cover letter while i wait for my invitation letter and the tenancy agreement .
Right now i have my Passport
Employment Letter and Photocopy of ID Card.
Payslips for the last 6 months
Bank Statement for the last 6 months
A Personal cover letter
Company's introduction letter stating ill be on leave (my only tie to nigeria)
I have just completed my Masters Programme this month and plan to start my PhD soon although i dont have an admission yet. Will it serve as a good tie?
I'm not sure if i should add the Flight booking.
Lastly I'll like to ask if i should explain how i plan to spend my BTA on a separate sheet or in my cover letter as well as my planned tour.
Do i also need to submit my old expired passport still in my posession along with the application.

Just want to get it right, No Errors. Thank you.

You need to make a list of places you tend to visit in the UK and breakdown of how you plan to spend that money, spending 500k in 10 days may result in refusal.

You can add flight booking as well

(1) (2) (3) ... (302) (303) (304) (305) (306) (307) (308) ... (426)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.