Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,488 members, 7,808,808 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:12 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (317) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (980284 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (314) (315) (316) (317) (318) (319) (320) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by adeza: 1:21pm On May 04, 2015
Hello justwise. Can my bank account statements have different addresses from what I wrote in my UK visa form cos I have actually moved but didn't change address at the bank and also how can I change date of appointment. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by BusaYom: 2:20pm On May 04, 2015
Dear All,
@justwise, Vicjustice and other pros in the house, Kindly advise.

I have a UK visa already but would also like to visit with hubby, who at the moment is not a salary earner - (He is into agency details and collects money per deal done - No registered company)

I want to know if by standing in as his sponsor, he would be granted. I earn abt 170k per month and we intend to stay at a hotel for 10days.
We intend to spend abt 600k for the trip--130k-hotel,300k--flight,170k--feeding & hangouts, pls advise if this will fly and what doc aside my bank details and passport page will be required.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by komenology(m): 2:31pm On May 04, 2015
Hi justwise and Vicjustice, I'm a 30 years old graduate and currently unemployed. Can my elder sister based in Nigeria sponsor my short stay visa application to UK? I awaits your response.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Lexusgs430: 3:08pm On May 04, 2015
komenology:
Hi justwise and Vicjustice, I'm a 30 years old graduate and currently unemployed. Can my elder sister based in Nigeria sponsor my short stay visa application to UK? I awaits your response.

Yes she can. But the possibility of the visa been approved, is very slim to no chance.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Lexusgs430: 3:15pm On May 04, 2015
BusaYom:
Dear All,

I have a UK visa already but would also like to visit with hubby, who at the moment is not a salary earner - (He is into agency details and collects money per deal done - No registered company)

I want to know if by standing in as his sponsor, he would be granted. I earn abt 170k per month and we intend to stay at a hotel for 10days.
We intend to spend abt 600k for the trip--130k-hotel,300k--flight,170k--feeding & hangouts, pls advise if this will fly and what doc aside my bank details and passport page will be required.

I think you can stand in as a sponsor. My fear is the figures. 170k a month earning power and 600k holiday expenses, equates to about 3 months and 3 weeks for a 10 day holiday!!!
Do you have a buoyant savings account?
Does your husband have enough documents to prove is agency based activities?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ty01: 3:16pm On May 04, 2015
worry357:

That is a lawyers answer! angry
If you state that you are visiting for severn days, then stay for three months. You will have some very hard questions to answer when you next try to renew your visa. VO will think that you lied to them.

Well, inasmuch as you do not overstay your VISA, I do not see the hard question you have to answer. Please note that circumstance changes as well. I have stayed in the UK for over two months at a go before (was on a 6months VISA then), even though I indicated 5 days during my application. Up till today, I have never had any issue with respect to renewing my VISA and I am yet to answer any hard question! I am not convinced that it is a crime or a potential lie if you do stay beyond the time stated in your application; the application is just a guide if you ask me. Mind you, I have also not said people should stay for 180 days at a go, if there is no major reason to do so.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Lexusgs430: 3:18pm On May 04, 2015
ty01:

Well, inasmuch as you do not overstay your VISA, I do not see the hard question you have to answer. Please note that circumstance changes as well. I have stayed in the UK for over two months at a go before (was on a 6months VISA then), even though I indicated 5 days during my application. Up till today, I have never had any issue with respect to renewing my VISA and I am yet to answer any hard question! I am not convinced that it is a crime or a potential lie if you do stay beyond the time stated in your application; the application is just a guide if you ask me. Mind you, I have also not said people should stay for 180 days at a go, if there is no major reason to do so.

@ the point of entry, if new travel plans is stated, it gets logged on travelers profile. And save explanations if asked in the future.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Lexusgs430: 3:23pm On May 04, 2015
adeza:
Hello justwise. Can my bank account statements have different addresses from what I wrote in my UK visa form cos I have actually moved but didn't change address at the bank and also how can I change date of appointment. Thanks

Your application address has to correspond with the documents produced, ie submitting a 6 month evidence based documents and you moved @ the latter part, the last documents has to reflect your new address has written on your application. Don't arm them with koboko to flog you.
Send an email quoting reference and change of plans. How soon is your appointment?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by komenology(m): 3:24pm On May 04, 2015
Lexusgs430:

Yes she can. But the possibility of the visa been approved, is very slim to no chance.
Why would the chance of the visa been approved be slim?. Kindly elaborate please. My sister has good records with the UK embassy.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by BusaYom: 3:27pm On May 04, 2015
Lexusgs430:

I think you can stand in as a sponsor. My fear is the figures. 170k a month earning power and 600k holiday expenses, equates to about 3 months and 3 weeks for a 10 day holiday!!!
Do you have a buoyant savings account?
Does your husband have enough documents to prove is agency based activities?

Thanks for your response Lexusgs430,

I have 1.4m in my savings acct though, but decided to gv a quote of 600k for d trip. Do i reduce the quote to 500k even tho we might eventually spend more?

The payments made into his accts for deals,can only be proven by his bank statement but no receipts rendered.
Thats why i thot if i could stand in as his sponsor.

Kindly advise further.

Justwise,Vicjustice....pls drop your comment too.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Lexusgs430: 3:28pm On May 04, 2015
komenology:
Why would the chance of the visa been approved be slim?. Kindly elaborate please. My sister has good records with the UK embassy.

What immigration history, do you have?
You are an adult and deemed above the age of consent. If visa is granted and you refuse to return, what influence can your sister have(just asking not a conclusion)?
This is part of how, your application would be viewed and considered.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 3:30pm On May 04, 2015
salsera:
Hello,
Kindly assist,
Is there option of administrative review for a family visit visa.
Person applied for 5years was refused(previous application was 5years and was given)
Frequent traveller to the uk for over 30years.
The refusal was based on length of time spent in the UK on recent visits. She travelled in 2013 october-Feb 2014, then June 2014 - November 2014.
Note that the applicant is a retiree, sponsors herself, has investment is married and the length of her recent visits is due to the birth of her grandchildren in the last 3years in the UK.
So my questions,
1. Can she get administrative review?
2. The applicant is also a US citizen (but she applied for uk visas cos with her US passport she can only stay 3months.) can she travel with that or will immigration at MM2 ask for her Nigerian stamp.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Lexusgs430: 3:33pm On May 04, 2015
BusaYom:

I have 1.4m in my savings acct though, but decided to gv a quote of 600k for d trip. Do i reduce the quote to 500k even tho we might eventually spend more?

The payments made into his accts for deals,can only be proven by his bank statement but no receipts rendered.

Kindly advise further.

UKBA can easily approximate how much a 10 day holiday, for a couple would cost.
If he has a bank statement to prove current and recurring employment status, I think you should include all, to buttress a successful application.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 3:43pm On May 04, 2015
BusaYom:

Kindly advise further.

I may not be justwise or vicjustice, however I can say that you have underbudgeted your stay, the flight tickets alone may gulp the 500k. The pound is just under 300naira and even cheap tickets this season will 200-300k
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by komenology(m): 3:55pm On May 04, 2015
Lexusgs430:

What immigration history, do you have?
You are an adult and deemed above the age of consent. If visa is granted and you refuse to return, what influence can your sister have(just asking not a conclusion)?
This is part of how, your application would be viewed and considered.
I've no travel history. Financial sponsor is the only influence from her.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Lexusgs430: 3:58pm On May 04, 2015
komenology:
I've no travel history. Financial sponsor is the only influence from her.

Have you seen or realised yet the answer to your question?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by adeza: 4:15pm On May 04, 2015
Appointment is tomorrow.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by annylove1: 5:01pm On May 04, 2015
hi justwise, thanks for all the info you have been giving here, i wanted to just read and use the information here but the pages are really much. I want to apply for a visiting visa to the UK, i have an aunt there and she is inviting me to spend the summer holiday. I do not want my application to be rejected for any reason so i want to do it right.
I work and currently receive 100k per month tax inclusive, i also do business (importing and selling stuffs online)by the side and i get upto 300k per month from the businesses and i have documents to back them up, i have a car, i leave alone plus my boyfriend would be giving me a letter stating that he would be sponsoring part of my trip. What i want to know exactly is
1. How to apply because i have been seeing different links to apply with
2. What documents should i present with my application letter? I have 3 bank accounts should i use them all or pick 2? should i include my property documents such as a land i have plus my car? do i need any tax clearance doc as i do not have any?
3. My aunt only sent the invitation letter, her residence permit and her passport. What other document do i need from her?
4. Do i also need to attach my boyfriend's account statement since i would be getting a letter from him?
Kindly help with the needed information
Thanks alot
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by worry357: 6:10pm On May 04, 2015
annylove1
Focus on the things that will proove that you will return after your trip.
(Strong ties to home)
Get a letter from your employer authorising leave and stating that you will return to your job.
Statements and things from your boyfriend are not so good. As an adult they expect you to be able to cover your own expenses.
Land that you manage is good, car means nothing, don't bother with it.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by annylove1: 6:56pm On May 04, 2015
worry357:
annylove1
Focus on the things that will proove that you will return after your trip.
(Strong ties to home)
Get a letter from your employer authorising leave and stating that you will return to your job.
Statements and things from your boyfriend are not so good. As an adult they expect you to be able to cover your own expenses.
Land that you manage is good, car means nothing, don't bother with it.

Thanks for the reply, like i earlier stated, i have 3 good accounts with money inflow and my business generates over 300k per month apart from my salary. I asked about my boyfriends statement because i would be getting a letter from him as a friend/sponsor and i wanted to know if it was necessary to get his statement because of the letter.
please i need others to give me more information concerning my questions. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by worry357: 7:03pm On May 04, 2015
annylove1:

Thanks for the reply, like i earlier stated, i have 3 good accounts with money inflow and my business generates over 300k per month apart from my salary. I asked about my boyfriends statement because i would be getting a letter from him as a friend/sponsor and i wanted to know if it was necessary to get his statement because of the letter.
please i need others to give me more information concerning my questions. Thanks

Be ready to answer the question "How will your buisness run while you are away" if asked at interview.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by legendsmother(f): 11:22pm On May 04, 2015
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by debo07(m): 12:23am On May 05, 2015
Hello,pls I want to knw how much it will cost to aquire a UK Visa and how the cheapest air ticket costs.thx
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Lexusgs430: 12:46am On May 05, 2015
legendsmother:
Hi an new here, good evening all.
Pls how do i apply for a UK visa?
I have frnds (no family members) in d UK who I send cash to to help me buy things I can resell and dey all either get away wif my cash, or shop wid half d money I sent God knows what Happen to d rest
Because of this d biz iss to and fro
My hubby wants to sponsor me
Buh we donno how To go abt it, as we have no reltives dere, nd for no reason my so called frnds don't wanna help me. Pls what do I do? And how do igo Abt it

Apply for a tourist visa, and stay @ hotel. Ensure all your documentations are in order.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Lexusgs430: 12:54am On May 05, 2015
debo07:
Hello,pls I want to knw how much it will cost to aquire a UK Visa and how the cheapest air ticket costs.thx

Ticket cost varies from N120,000 to N190,000, dependent on travel session and available offers.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by debo07(m): 9:24am On May 05, 2015
Lexusgs430:

Ticket cost varies from N120,000 to N190,000, dependent on travel session and available offers.
thx.but I didn't get that of the visa very well.pls xplain better.Thx
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 2:18pm On May 05, 2015
adeza:

That will not be a major problem if you met every other requirements, you can still use the blank space in the form to make note of that
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 2:28pm On May 05, 2015
annylove1:
hi justwise, thanks for all the info you have been giving here, i wanted to just read and use the information here but the pages are really much. I want to apply for a visiting visa to the UK, i have an aunt there and she is inviting me to spend the summer holiday. I do not want my application to be rejected for any reason so i want to do it right.
I work and currently receive 100k per month tax inclusive, i also do business (importing and selling stuffs online)by the side and i get upto 300k per month from the businesses and i have documents to back them up, i have a car, i leave alone plus my boyfriend would be giving me a letter stating that he would be sponsoring part of my trip. What i want to know exactly is
1. How to apply because i have been seeing different links to apply with
2. What documents should i present with my application letter? I have 3 bank accounts should i use them all or pick 2? should i include my property documents such as a land i have plus my car? do i need any tax clearance doc as i do not have any?
3. My aunt only sent the invitation letter, her residence permit and her passport. What other document do i need from her?
4. Do i also need to attach my boyfriend's account statement since i would be getting a letter from him?
Kindly help with the needed information
Thanks alot

1.This is the link for online application https://www.gov.uk/standard-visitor-visa/apply

2.All the documents needed have been listed here many times, read few pages back for them, yes you can present the 3 bank statements

3. She needs to send you proof of accommodation..e.g tenancy agreement or mortgage paper

4. Yes he has to if he is sponsoring you

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 2:31pm On May 05, 2015
BusaYom:
Dear All,

You underestimated the cost, flight ticket has gone up now, when i visited Nigeria 2 months ago it was about £500, so you need to do more accurate budget then see if you can afford it.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 2:34pm On May 05, 2015
salsera:
Hello,

Kindly assist,
Is there option of administrative review for a family visit visa.
Person applied for 5years was refused(previous application was 5years and was given)
Frequent traveller to the uk for over 30years.
The refusal was based on length of time spent in the UK on recent visits. She travelled in 2013 october-Feb 2014, then June 2014 - November 2014.
Note that the applicant is a retiree, sponsors herself, has investment is married and the length of her recent visits is due to the birth of her grandchildren in the last 3years in the UK.

So my questions,
1. Can she get administrative review?
2. The applicant is also a US citizen (but she applied for uk visas cos with her US passport she can only stay 3months.) can she travel with that or will immigration at MM2 ask for her Nigerian stamp.

Did he overstayed or stayed longer than stated necessary?

As an American she is allowed to stay 90days in one visit.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 2:38pm On May 05, 2015
komenology:

It doesn't look right, you have no tie to Nigeria and they will not trust you to return if given a visa
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by cyco101(m): 2:52pm On May 05, 2015
Good day. Please kindly advice me appropriately. I intend to travel to the UK In August with visitors visa and I have seen the requirements . I heard that you need constant flow of money In the account for atleast six months.

My problem. My accounts are poorly funded as I use them for business and my dad saves it for me in his account. I work and I am being paid cash so when I am paid I use little or no money in my account. However, little to sustain me is available and I don't use any particular account for it as I have 3 accounts.

Kindly advice me on how to go about funding any of my account so as to be entitled for my visit to the UK in August. I intend to fund it from today by paying 200k monthly or more till August using my office name as payer. Please advice me as I am in a fix.

Regard

(1) (2) (3) ... (314) (315) (316) (317) (318) (319) (320) ... (426)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.