Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,134 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:37 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (345) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (980250 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (342) (343) (344) (345) (346) (347) (348) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 10:23am On Jun 28, 2015
schoolboy101:
morning justwise and good morning to you all guys here.pls I need know what I don't know pls,I just submitted my online UK visit visa application and I have been giving a date to come for the submission of my doc in this next coming week.I have been out of Nigeria for more than a year working in abroad but I have terminate my contract with the company that I was working with in abroad(U.A.E) .I came in back to Nigeria in match 2015 to come and handle the post of supervisor in my father's company.
Now this are my questions below.
I have not been putting any money in my Nigeria bank acct.while I was abroad, but I started putting money since when I got to Nigeria from march till June 15,2015 and total credit balance is 1.228million naira within march 4th and June 15,2015...my total debit is 985k within march and June 15 and total balance print out is 250k though my dad company will be my sponsor also and I have been giving a letter by the company and necessary documents that I will need to present at the embassy including my letter of application into company. I budget my traveling allowance for 1200GDP and that include feeding,transport flight and hotel for 10days.but since then that I have start working with my dad coming ,I have not been on salary roll yet but I am getting commissions and that is being paid by individuals to my personal account and that is what makes my cash flows from march till June 15 before I print out my statements of account. pls guys do I stand any chance of getting the visit visa?

Personally i don't think you stand a chance but i hope i'm wrong.

1. You haven't presented any evidence to justify how you made 985K within 3months, no payslip or direct bank payment from the company into your account.

2. Your Daddy's company can not sponsor you for 10days holiday because the company's money is not for leisure trip

3. You have 250k in your account but budgeted to spend £1200 in ten days. In today's exchange rate that is 375,608K

So you have budgeted to spend more than you have in your account.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by debo07(m): 10:43am On Jun 28, 2015
Pls I just to know how much it will cost to get a uk visa.if someone intends to live there.and also the cheapest airline ticket.thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by schoolboy101(m): 11:08am On Jun 28, 2015
thanks for your good response justwise,but I have been employed as supervisor in my dad company now and I have all the appointment letter that will back that up.but presently I am not on salary roll yet but just commission and I have explain the reason in the application as well,though the company as the sponsors is not paying all the traveling expenses but they just want to give part of the money like 270k and I have explained that in a written form included in the doc.I put my 3plot of land as tie and my wedding cert.included my one year old birth cert. too,letter written by my wife and sign that she is into business and also capable of handling any situation when I am off for the 10days....what do you still think about this?hope to hear from you .thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by schoolboy101(m): 3:34pm On Jun 28, 2015
thanks for your good response justwise,but I have been employed as supervisor in my dad company now and I have all the appointment letter that will back that up.but presently I am not on salary roll yet but just commission and I have explain the reason in the application as well,though the company as the sponsors is not paying all the traveling expenses but they just want to give part of the money like 270k and I have explained that in a written form included in the doc.I put my 3plot of land as tie and my wedding cert.included my one year old birth cert. too,letter written by my wife and sign that she is into business and also capable of handling any situation when I am off for the 10days....what do you still think about this?hope to hear from you .thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ayobj: 10:32pm On Jun 28, 2015
schoolboy101:
thanks for your good response justwise,but I
have been employed as supervisor in my dad
company now and I have all the appointment
letter that will back that up.but presently I am
not on salary roll yet but just commission and I
have explain the reason in the application as
well,though the company as the sponsors is not
paying all the traveling expenses but they just
want to give part of the money like 270k and I
have explained that in a written form included in
the doc.I put my 3plot of land as tie and my
wedding cert.included my one year old birth cert.
too,letter written by my wife and sign that she is
into business and also capable of handling any
situation when I am off for the 10days....what do
you still think about this?hope to hear from you
.thanks

Immigration intent is smelling badly here and you don't seem to be helping matters.
A clear explanation of your situation was explained to you.
Yet you want to go all out.You will even submit a letter from your wife.
Its 95 percent sure that you will be denied.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by gravity007: 11:38pm On Jun 28, 2015
Hello House,

I want to apply for uk visa with my wife.

My sister is a citizen and she already sent the paperwork we need to apply for a visit and all.

My major concern now is that I included my wife's details as part of my application that we are travelling together and they billed me just $133. Now I am confused if that is for the both of us as I already mentioned in the online application that I would be travelling with my wife.

Also the Teleperformance page did not allow me to use the same GWF application code to add my wife's details as I wanted to pay for courier return of out passports.

Please advise on what I can do and if this is normal?

Thanks a lot guys
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by realshel: 4:37am On Jun 29, 2015
Not normal, you need to apply for wife application d same way u applied for your own after applying for ur own, go to add another application then u can add ur wife application and make payment for her. @justwise nd other hope this is right?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by everzingoo: 8:22am On Jun 29, 2015
Morning @justwise,

Can you please reply my private message to you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 8:44am On Jun 29, 2015
realshel:
Not normal, you need to apply for wife application d same way u applied for your own after applying for ur own, go to add another application then u can add ur wife application and make payment for her. @justwise nd other hope this is right?

I don't think a lot of people are aware of that button because some have to open a separate application rather adding one in the same form.

Thanks for pointing that out.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 8:44am On Jun 29, 2015
everzingoo:
Morning @justwise,

Can you please reply my private message to you.

I have.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by everzingoo: 9:12am On Jun 29, 2015
@Justwise,I cant find your reply.How can I check inbox on this forum as am totally new on here.Or better still send the reply to everzingoo@yahoo.com.Let me know when this is done.Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 9:15am On Jun 29, 2015
everzingoo:
@Justwise,I cant find your reply.How can I check inbox on this forum as am totally new on here.Or better still send the reply to everzingoo@yahoo.com.Let me know when this is done.Thanks

Check the email address you used when you registered here that is where all emails from nairaland goes into
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by schoolboy101(m): 9:26am On Jun 29, 2015
thanks but what do I do now?any advice for ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by babylawyr(f): 9:46am On Jun 29, 2015
iblaw:
Same thing happened to me last year, i got a refusal letter that all the info was wrong, i sent Sheffield a mail and after three weeks they replied no reeor in the letter sent to me. i was mad i just forgot about it but in January someone told me to keep disturbing them till they correct error. I sent another details mail and two days i got an apology mail asking me to take my passport to BDHC to get my visa, i travelled in March for two weeks.

Hi iblaw,

Please can you kindly send me the email address you used. Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by schoolboy101(m): 9:50am On Jun 29, 2015
thanks justwise but what do I do now?pls. kindly advice me on what to do now?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by adaspire: 10:17am On Jun 29, 2015
I am a teacher with a salary of 25k, I want to visit uk for a week and my husband wants to sponsor me, will I be given a visa and what documents am I going to submit for sponsorship
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by everzingoo: 10:18am On Jun 29, 2015
@Justwise,just read your reply and i have also replied you back.Can you please have a quick look and get back to me.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by kennycanny: 11:22am On Jun 29, 2015
adaspire:
I am a teacher with a salary of 25k, I want to visit uk for a week and my husband wants to sponsor me, will I be given a visa and what documents am I going to submit for sponsorship

Depending on what or who you are visiting. If you have a close relative there that invites you down with all supporting documents.
A friend in almost same suitation with you was granted visa to visit her brother in UK.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by teetee2(f): 11:50am On Jun 29, 2015
Good morning, please how much do I need to have in my personal account if somebody in Nigeria is sponsoring me and is ready to present statement of account. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ancestorial(m): 12:25pm On Jun 29, 2015
I really commend you people for the good work u av been doing here. Please i need your assistance. My brother travelled to UK 2 months ago, but unfortunately the UK Immigration deported him because the hotel reservations he made which was done by his agent could not be verified. In other words, they deported him becos they thought he didnt book hotel and his visa wascancelled placing him on a year ban.
He wants to apply for US visa now but i dont know if there are chances of getting the visa due to the cancellation he had previously? Please and please, i want you to make contributions so that our application will not be refused..God bless
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by blessedfavoured: 2:14pm On Jun 29, 2015
nvm
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by blessedfavoured: 2:21pm On Jun 29, 2015
ayla1:
Hello House,

I went to pick up my visa n my baby's today and guess what? We were granted visa! Thanks to evry1 that dropped comments on this thread. They were all helpful, God bless you all!

what I (believe) did to have a successful application?

I read through all the posts on this thread*- from 2011-till date; highlighted why some visas were granted and why some were not. Then I noted comments from all the Nairalanders esp. Justwise, Omo tier 1, Vicjustice etc. Then, I applied, even though I still made some mistakes but I guess they were overlooked by ECO( I learnt that word frm this forum , I still dont know the full meaning but I know it is synonymous to "Grant or refuse that Visa"wink.

My advise to guys that are about to ask questions on UK visa applications esp. visit visa; Pls read through the previous comments on this thread, most (if not all) of the questions have been answered IN DETAILS.

I hope this makes sense to the house. Goodluck to those that are about to submit applications and those awaiting response!

hi when did u apply when did u get your passport back? Just trying to see if paying 18k at Ikeja is worth it seeing as it takes 5 working days.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by blessedfavoured: 2:25pm On Jun 29, 2015
Ralphlauren:

that sums it up then @ bolded.

better than people claiming all visas are processed at Abuja or all applications submitted at VI are sent to/processed at Sheffield.

i just reconfirmed with my relative. she submitted my application at the VI office - guess that explains (maybe) why her application was processed within 2days and she was informed by a direct email from BHC Lagos before the followup email from teleperformance.

I dont know if the process has changed but what i was told in 2012 was that if its your first time of if you haven't traveled to the UK in the last 2 years, then its Abuja, the frequent and recent travelers gets processed in Lagos which explains the red and black bags, though right now i cant remember which bag goes to Lagos or Abuja.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 3:35pm On Jun 29, 2015
Hi Guys,

I'm submitting my application for a visitor's visa to the U.K. I paid for the fast track added value service online, on teleperformance's website. After I made the payment, I got directed back to my application page, with no proof of payment or anything. I also checked my email and I got no confirmation that I had paid for the service.

What proof will I have to show that I already paid at the submission centre?

Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Adebenson1: 6:15pm On Jun 29, 2015
justwise:
[/b]

They can be quick sometimes...so its nothing out of ordinary

I got the visa.... Thanks justwise.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ayla1: 8:04pm On Jun 29, 2015
blessedfavoured:

hi when did u apply when did u get your passport back? Just trying to see if paying 18k at Ikeja is worth it seeing as it takes 5 working days.

I applied June 3rd, I got the passport back on 22nd June. The passports had been stamped since 12th June ( I waited 20 long days, anxiety almost consumed me angry ). If Ikeja is faster, it might worth paying the 18k.

Goodluck!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by blessedfavoured: 8:18pm On Jun 29, 2015
ayla1:

I applied June 3rd, I got the passport back on 22nd June. The passports had been stamped since 12th June ( I waited 20 long days, anxiety almost consumed me angry ). If Ikeja is faster, it might worth paying the 18k.

Goodluck!

Thanks for replying..and 21 days, that's the standard. i get why people say tp VI is slower than Ikeja, it took 8 days after your visa was issued while Ikeja applicants get to pick up a day after. guess that explains the 18k.

Did you wait for the teleperformance site to get updated or you just went there to pick up?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by nma01: 5:55am On Jun 30, 2015
blessedfavoured:

I dont know if the process has changed but what i was told in 2012 was that if its your first time of if you haven't traveled to the UK in the last 2 years, then its Abuja, the frequent and recent travelers gets processed in Lagos which explains the red and black bags, though right now i cant remember which bag goes to Lagos or Abuja.
Family visit visa are processed in abuja with yellow bag, irrespective of where you submit it. General visitor visa processed in Lagos, Abuja or Sheffield depending on centre of submission. I hope this helps

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by maestro03: 8:37am On Jun 30, 2015
nma01:
Family visit visa are processed in abuja with yellow bag, irrespective of where you submit it. General visitor visa processed in Lagos, Abuja or Sheffield depending on centre of submission. I hope this helps

Not entirely true. My wife's visa was processed in Lagos and it was a Family Visit Visa. Blessedfavour was right when she posted this:

I don't know if the process has changed but what i was told in 2012 was that if its your first time of if you haven't traveled to the UK in the last 2 years, then its Abuja, the frequent and recent travelers gets processed in Lagos which explains the red and black bags, though right now i cant remember which bag goes to Lagos or Abuja.

Though things have changed. The Yellow folders are for visiting visa (all types). Red Folder for settlement visas and Black Folder for study visas. Red and black may e vice versa, cant quite remember; trust me, i asked when i went to submit my application.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by nma01: 8:46am On Jun 30, 2015
maestro03:

Not entirely true. My wife's visa was processed in Lagos and it was a Family Visit Visa. Blessedfavour was right when she posted this:

I don't know if the process has changed but what i was told in 2012 was that if its your first time of if you haven't traveled to the UK in the last 2 years, then its Abuja, the frequent and recent travelers gets processed in Lagos which explains the red and black bags, though right now i cant remember which bag goes to Lagos or Abuja.

Though things have changed. The Yellow folders are for visiting visa (all types). Red Folder for settlement visas and Black Folder for study visas. Red and black may e vice versa, cant quite remember; trust me, i asked when i went to submit my application.
I guess you are right but some family long term visit are processed in abuja.

(1) (2) (3) ... (342) (343) (344) (345) (346) (347) (348) ... (426)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.