Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,626 members, 7,801,809 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 11:51 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (365) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (979620 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (362) (363) (364) (365) (366) (367) (368) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by askari01: 2:58pm On Jul 25, 2015
OLANIJA:
@

VISA refusal :

I want to say a big thank you to everybody that has contributed . I will go for settlement visa .

You are welcome.... It will end in Praises...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Kyre: 4:43pm On Jul 25, 2015
Skol actually...thank you grin
iyaaliyah:
Enjoy ya holidays!!

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by iyaaliyah: 4:51pm On Jul 25, 2015
Hello everyone! How is weekend.
Pls, is it a must for a self employed applicant to include his tax clearance?

Secondly, we all know that its only the basic salary thats taxable. How do we show how much is basic salary. Or calculation is different for a businessman? For instance tax paid by a self employed applicant whose annual income is 300k is 19k tax.

Or the visa officers dont bother about how much tax is being paid aa long there is evidence of payment?

Thanks. M submitting my documents on Wednesday.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by iyaaliyah: 4:52pm On Jul 25, 2015
Oh, waohhh...all da best dear.

Kyre:
Skol actually...thank you grin
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by worry357: 6:01pm On Jul 25, 2015
iyaaliyah:
Or the visa officers dont bother about how much tax is being paid aa long there is evidence of payment? .
Along with many people you have the facts wrong.
The visa officer wants to make SURE that you have enough money for your trip.
A bank statement can be faked or you could have borrowed the money just to boost your account.
A tax certificate only shows you income over a long period of time and that things are stable.
They don't care how much tax you pay! They only look at the strenght of your funds for the trip.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by iyaaliyah: 9:13pm On Jul 25, 2015
Thanks. So r yu saying I dont need to break down the income. I can just attach the tax clearance. Tnx

worry357:

Along with many people you have the facts wrong.
The visa officer wants to make SURE that you have enough money for your trip.
A bank statement can be faked or you could have borrowed the money just to boost your account.
A tax certificate only shows you income over a long period of time and that things are stable.
They don't care how much tax you pay! They only look at the strenght of your funds for the trip.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by AZUH: 10:26pm On Jul 25, 2015
Thank you sir. Please I went through their website. They said a paid hotel. My sister wants me to pay atleast two night for her. Please advice. Does it guaranty anything? I went to MMA2 at ikeja. We paid 3k for the airline and it didn't expire with 78 hours. Thou it's a travelling agent that did the reservation for us. Can we use that? Or we need to pay for return ticket? GOD bless you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by blessedfavoured: 10:27pm On Jul 25, 2015
Ralphlauren:

why is she in pain

schengen requirements are clear cut
1)confirmed hotel reservation
2)confirmed return ticket
3)confirmed travel insurance

your sister didnt have a confirmed return ticket (fully paid for) before applying, so why is she shocked at her refusal

sorry to derail?
do you mean applicants are expected to pay for the tickets and hotel? the travel insurance i know... what if the visa is refused?

But then, if you pay for it and still have money in your account it probably shows you can afford it, i guess.
What if i plan to travel from the uk, train tickets from london to paris should suffice, right?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by collinsobinna(m): 2:29am On Jul 26, 2015
Hello everyone,

@justwise: I would like to know for someone who has a 180 days multiple entry visa and spent 90 days in the UK in a single trip mainly visiting and touring,then returned to his home country, is there meant to be a waiting period before he can Revisit the UK or can he return as soon as he wishes?

Thanks for your anticipated response.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 6:27am On Jul 26, 2015
collinsobinna:
Hello everyone,

@justwise: I would like to know for someone who has a 180 days multiple entry visa and spent 90 days in the UK in a single trip mainly visiting and touring,then returned to his home country, is there meant to be a waiting period before he can Revisit the UK or can he return as soon as he wishes?

90 days in one trip?

1. How long did you state that you will be staying during your application?

2. Do you work or own a business?

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by djbaju(m): 6:32am On Jul 26, 2015
Good morning pls do u mean mean d visa application fee is 85+59 pounds together or can some one pls tell hw much d fee is altogether? Pls another tin i want to ask is my brother is havin his graduation ceremony by september and i was just given a letter rm his skool in uk stating his name nd family home address in nigeria saying tht my brother is a graduate of d skool nd is convocation is starting rm sep 11-14th & nd he has d oppurtunity of inviting 2 guest of his choice to the ceremony, nd he invited now but my name is not on d skool letter, is it needed if he writes anoda letter for me as invitation for convocation to back the skool letter tht does not include name or just use d skool like tht since it could be confirmed thru d skool numbers, email nd address. God bless

santa101:
yes from what i confirmed
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by henrychubayo: 2:52pm On Jul 26, 2015
Hi guys, is insurance now a must to apply for business visa?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 6:24pm On Jul 26, 2015
hello guys, please what is the fee for UK Visa for 2yrs, thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by worry357: 7:08pm On Jul 26, 2015
owuzo:
hello guys, please what is the fee for UK Visa for 2yrs, thanks
Are you idle person that can not even check website for yourself?
What type of visa do you want? How are we supposed to guess?

Go to this site and follow it through to see costs.
( or get someone to do it for you.)
https://visa-fees.homeoffice.gov.uk/

3 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 7:14pm On Jul 26, 2015
Thanks alot joor, just posted out of stress form my cousin thats pestering me for the info. thanks again
worry357:

Are you idle person that can not even check website for yourself?
What type of visa do you want? How are we supposed to guess?

Go to this site and follow it through to see costs.
( or get someone to do it for you.)
https://visa-fees.homeoffice.gov.uk/
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by askari01: 9:01pm On Jul 26, 2015
iyaaliyah:

Secondly, we all know that its only the basic salary thats taxable. How do we show how much is basic salary. Or calculation is different for a businessman? For instance tax paid by a self employed applicant whose annual income is 300k is 19k tax.

Or the visa officers dont bother about how much tax is being paid aa long there is evidence of payment?

Thanks. M submitting my documents on Wednesday.

1. Its a must for Self Employed applicant to include his/her tax clearance certificate, Its an evidence that shows you truly earn the amount you stated in the application.... No shortcut.

2. To get the accurate amount you make in a month, Its advisable that you visit the nearest revenue office around you, Make sure you go there with your 6month bank statements and in 5 minutes you get your result. Meanwhile, The embassy also does have a department that evaluates your tax clearance to prove your cconfirm your income, However,If you earn about 120k monthly, Just be prepared to pay nothing less than 55-60k+ per yeAR as tax, No short cut at all.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by askari01: 9:41pm On Jul 26, 2015
collinsobinna:
Hello everyone,

Incredible.... So that someone stayed for 3months? but He/she must have told them He/she owns a business here or works with a company here in Nigeria when he applied for the Visa... So that someone left his business or work for 3 good months? That someone should be prepared to explain to them What he was doing in the UK during that period and Where he stayed for good 3months. Infact, That someone needs Miracle for renewal.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by AZUH: 9:57pm On Jul 26, 2015
Please sir answer my questions and God bless. We made a reservation and it's still on. They didn't cancel it after 78 hours. They said it will stay until my sister get her visa. She is submitting on Tuesday. Can she submit the reservation or pay for return ticket? Or pay for the hotel? to increase her chances?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by propofol: 11:17pm On Jul 26, 2015
Hi everyone,
In 2011 i got a 2 year multiple entry visa to the UK and i used it twice. Presently i wANT to apply for another visa . My question is this : Can i renew the visa or just put in a new application. The rules are changing so frequently these days that i sometimes get confused. Please Justwise et al HELP ME. Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by SleekMc: 3:13am On Jul 27, 2015
Hi gurus in the house please i need your help.
i applied for 6 months visitors visa thanks to you guys and the gurus in the forum, i went to write my plab 1 exams in Uk which i passed and will have to go back to UK to write the plab 2.
My visa expires september 3rd and i am due to go to Uk early october, but i am supposed to apply for the exams online asap. my questions are
1. can i apply for visa when my first has not expired
2. business visa or visitors visa which will be best
3. can i use the old documents like tax clearance i used for previous visa applications and others
4. what are my chances since i allready had a 6 months visa and it is not my first time
pls guys awaiting your response thanks a lot.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by yjb85: 9:59am On Jul 27, 2015
Hello @justwise
Please I need your candid opinion, i had my degree in Uk in 2010 i came back to Nigeria 2012, I applied for a 6months visisting visa which was granted, I travelled to Uk and stayed for 4months straight i returned before visa got expired, I applied for another 2years visa but was refused, i re applied for another 6moths which was also refused, I was told by a lawyer to do administrative review which i did and I got a response that admin review is meant for tier 4...I also wrote a personal letter to them stating the reason why i stayed for 4months still the ECO said she wasnt satisfied i would return....to cut the long story short I want to apply for settlement visa in september to join my hubby who is a british citizen.. i hope my previous travel history wont be an issue in this new application...Kindly advice.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 10:11am On Jul 27, 2015
propofol:
Hi everyone,
In 2011 i got a 2 year multiple entry visa to the UK and i used it twice. Presently i wANT to apply for another visa . My question is this : Can i renew the visa or just put in a new application. The rules are changing so frequently these days that i sometimes get confused. Please Justwise et al HELP ME. Thanks.

The same thing, the same process and the same set of documents though must be updated especially bank statement
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 10:15am On Jul 27, 2015
SleekMc:
Hi gurus in the house please i need your help.
i applied for 6 months visitors visa thanks to you guys and the gurus in the forum, i went to write my plab 1 exams in Uk which i passed and will have to go back to UK to write the plab 2.
My visa expires september 3rd and i am due to go to Uk early october, but i am supposed to apply for the exams online asap. my questions are
1. can i apply for visa when my first has not expired
2. business visa or visitors visa which will be best
3. can i use the old documents like tax clearance i used for previous visa applications and others
4. what are my chances since i allready had a 6 months visa and it is not my first time
pls guys awaiting your response thanks a lot.

1. You can apply before it expires.

2. Standard Visitor visa

3. the same set of documents though must be updated especially bank statement.

4. They will still need to treat your application like a first timer but your previous immigration record will be considered.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 10:17am On Jul 27, 2015
yjb85:
Hello everyone,
Please I need your candid opinion, i had my degree in Uk in 2010 i came back to Nigeria 2012, I applied for a 6months visisting visa which was granted, I travelled to Uk and stayed for 4months straight i returned before visa got expired, I applied for another 2years visa but was refused, i re applied for another 6moths which was also refused, I was told by a lawyer to do administrative review which i did and I got a response that admin review is meant for tier 4...I also wrote a personal letter to them stating the reason why i stayed for 4months still the ECO said she wasnt satisfied i would return....to cut the long story short I want to apply for settlement visa in september to join my hubby who is a british citizen.. i hope my previous travel history wont be an issue in this new application...Kindly advice.

That is possible because you have an immigration history which unfortunately is not a good one, staying 4months out rightly is a bad idea only in the case of illness
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by yjb85: 10:22am On Jul 27, 2015
justwise:
[/b]

That is possible because you have an immigration history which unfortunately is not a good one, staying 4months out rightly is a bad idea only in the case of illness

@JUSTWISE i told them I was sick and had emotional issue which was true cos i lost my mother to breast cancer in 2012 november i even submitted docs to show for it and i was told its not a valid reason,, sincerely speaking i never knew i could not stay for 4mothns i thought it was possible since i had 6months visa, but i stated in my application form i was only going for 2weeks, please what do i do now
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by worry357: 10:54am On Jul 27, 2015
yjb85:

@JUSTWISE i told them I was sick and had emotional issue which was true cos i lost my mother to breast cancer in 2012 november i even submitted docs to show for it and i was told its not a valid reason,, sincerely speaking i never knew i could not stay for 4mothns i thought it was possible since i had 6months visa, but i stated in my application form i was only going for 2weeks, please what do i do now

The first thing you must do is to accept that you will not get another visitor visa!
Even if you have not been given an outright ban, your record is against you.
You have shown that you can not be trusted to leave on time.

You should now try to apply to other countries and proove that you will leave on time.
Then prehaps try again in five or ten years.
Even an application for spouse visa will now be hard because of your record.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 11:07am On Jul 27, 2015
yjb85:

Did you submit any sick note from a doctor in the UK to support that?

We hard this argument here couples of months ago, for the fact that you were given 6months visa does not mean you can stay as long as you want within that 6months, your visa technically is tired to the number of weeks or months you told them that you will be staying during your application.

There is nothing much you can do now..go ahead and apply for your spouse visa and state honestly what happened and apologise, you may be forgiven or they will refuse you and give you the right of appeal then you take it from there.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by yjb85: 11:59am On Jul 27, 2015
@justwise I did not submit any sick note from a UK doctor as i am not entitled to access healthcare as a visitor (so i thought)
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by blessedfavoured: 12:08pm On Jul 27, 2015
i dont know why thismade me laugh o
askari01:

Incredible.... So that someone stayed for 3months? but He/she must have told them He/she owns a business here or works with a company here in Nigeria when he applied for the Visa... So that someone left his business or work for 3 good months? That someone should be prepared to explain to them What he was doing in the UK during that period and Where he stayed for good 3months. Infact, That someone needs Miracle for renewal.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Ralphlauren(m): 1:15pm On Jul 27, 2015
blessedfavoured:

sorry to derail?
do you mean applicants are expected to pay for the tickets and hotel? the travel insurance i know... what if the visa is refused?

But then, if you pay for it and still have money in your account it probably shows you can afford it, i guess.
What if i plan to travel from the uk, train tickets from london to paris should suffice, right?

Return Ticket - yes.
Hotel - No. Except the hotel insists on full or partial payment at the time of booking.

If you are refused - tough luck. That's the way it works with the schengen visa.

The embassy calls the airline to confirm the booking and if they cannot get a "yes, he's on our passenger list", it's an instant refusal.

Not sure about Nigeria (but I'm guessing it's the same), the rule is 30euros a day. So if you are staying 10days in Belgium for example, 300euros bank balance will suffice. Most people do not realise that you do not need a hefty bank balance to apply or get a schengen visa.

As long as you provide all the listed requirements and the applicant is credible, the visa is almost guaranteed.

For train/coach return tickets, those will need to be fully paid for too.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Ralphlauren(m): 1:24pm On Jul 27, 2015
AZUH:
Thank you sir. Please I went through their website. They said a paid hotel. My sister wants me to pay atleast two night for her. Please advice. Does it guaranty anything? I went to MMA2 at ikeja. [b]We paid 3k for the airline and it didn't expire with 78 hours. [/b]Thou it's a travelling agent that did the reservation for us. Can we use that? Or we need to pay for return ticket? GOD bless you.

The chances of the application getting looked at within 78hours is very slim.

I have explained to you in my previous post. You need a valid return ticket to get the visa. No airline will reserve a seat for you for more than 48hours, so you have to pay for the ticket. In fact, the only airlines that do the "reserve ish" is iberia, KLM and I think airfrance and it's for no more than 48hours.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by djbaju(m): 4:56pm On Jul 27, 2015
Pls i want to ask my brother is havin his graduation ceremony by september and i was just given a letter rm his skool in uk stating his name nd family home address in nigeria saying tht my brother is a graduate of d skool nd is convocation is starting rm sep 11-14th & nd he has d oppurtunity of inviting 2 guest of his choice to the ceremony, nd he invited now but my name is not on d skool letter, is it needed if he writes anoda letter for me as invitation for convocation to back the skool letter tht does not include name or just use d skool like tht since it could be confirmed thru d skool numbers, email nd address. God bless

[/quote]

(1) (2) (3) ... (362) (363) (364) (365) (366) (367) (368) ... (426)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 122
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.