Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,352 members, 7,808,234 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:11 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (368) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (980255 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (365) (366) (367) (368) (369) (370) (371) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by AZUH: 11:20pm On Jul 29, 2015
Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by SweetOlive(f): 7:11am On Jul 30, 2015
kennycanny:

.You have a high chance of success if you do not make any error in your application.
make sure you have d following documents from your cousin-- copy of international pp, bank statement, proof of adequate space in his/her house to accommodate you, Utility bills, if possible his/her payslips from employment, invitation letter stating he/she ll take care of your feeding, accommodation, and any other expense you might incure during your stay. And you need to provide your employment letter, introduction letter from your company, 6 Months payslips, 6 Months salary account bank statement if different from your saving account, proof of your relationship with the person inviting you, especially if you are not bearing same surname.

Thank you Kenny.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by SweetOlive(f): 7:12am On Jul 30, 2015
iblaw:

Everything sounds ok except your monthly take home because *3 of your monthly take home is needed for flight only so you are talking of spending like * 5 of your monthly take home and the ECO will knock you off based on your financial situation.

Thank you iblaw
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by SweetOlive(f): 7:19am On Jul 30, 2015
I appreciate your good works here. I have been a guest for some time now, so I have decided to register and ask my own question as it were.

I intend visiting my cousin in the UK for the first time(no travel history), he works with the British Army(still serving). He wants to send me Letter of invite, with other required documents and he'll be taking care of my accommodation, and feeding.

- I will be responsible for my Flight Ticket and Shopping ONLY.

- I have a current account which also serve as my salary account with a Balance of 700k (No lump Sum).

- My monthly take home is 65,000

What chances do I have in getting a Visa?

I look forward to knowing your take on this too: worry357 , vicjustice , travelland, justwise, ekpotek

Thank you guys
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by OGreene: 7:36am On Jul 30, 2015
Iblaw, pls how did you know you got it wrong before? The ques of "how much do you have for this trip". I hv seen 2 diff answers given by ppl. I really need to know wch it is.
How sure are you that it means the amt the flight, hotel and living expenses wud cost?

iblaw:

You can re-apply but include your salary account and ensure you provide evidence/reason for any large cash deposit in both accounts. On "How much do you have for this trip" this should be the total of your flight, accommodation and expenses and not the total amount in your account cos i made similar mistake in my first UK application.
Good luck.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 8:20am On Jul 30, 2015
@All

Sorry if you asked question and it hasn't been answered yet ....will attempt to answer them after work today and tomorrow...

3 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by OGreene: 9:02am On Jul 30, 2015
Hello all, is there anyone that submitted at Ikeja VAC on/ between 16-22 July? Have you heard from them?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by iblaw: 10:34am On Jul 30, 2015
[quote author=Ralphlauren post=36410908]

U are just wasting your time. The appeal will be thrown out.

Reapply and do things the right way by providing all the documents requested.

If you cannot afford to pay for the return ticket before your application, then forget France and try another country. undecided[/quote

True
Appeal is more of a waste of time, re-applying is better
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by iblaw: 10:48am On Jul 30, 2015
OGreene:
Iblaw, pls how did you know you got it wrong before? The ques of "how much do you have for this trip". I hv seen 2 diff answers given by ppl. I really need to know wch it is.
How sure are you that it means the amt the flight, hotel and living expenses wud cost?

In my first application i entered over N600K which was the balance in my salary account as "How much do you have for this trip" (my saving account was more than that). In the refusal letter the ECO indicated that i was going to spend like *3 of my monthly income on the trip which was not ok so when i re-applied i entered over N300K which was for flight and personal expense since my cousin stated in Invitation letter that she will accommodate me.

So please and please dont enter your account balance otherwise you will get a refusal. Those guys are just looking for any little error to refuse visa.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 10:51am On Jul 30, 2015
your application is now with UKVI for a decision.
that's what Im seeing on my TLS profile, even though I submitted on Monday 27/ July/2015 without interview.
I am a first timer. with a virgin passport. I'm going for tourist this holiday and my fiance is my sponsor..
yesterday, Wednesday 29/ July 2015 they called my fiance to ask him if he was the one sponsoring me and he said yes. and they have also called his bank yesterday too to confirm.
he has a closing baknce of like 7. something million
he is an assistant chief geologist with ministry of commerce and industry.
I don't know the processing time for virgin passports
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by molly14: 10:59am On Jul 30, 2015
Good day all,
I finally applied o, and got refusal 2day. Explained all sources of funds for my husband and I and still got a refusal based on financial reasons. That I have limited funds in my account, I added my salary account and my savings account, however, it is only the amount in my salary account that was mentioned, they didn't mention it's as if they didn't see my savings account, we also wrote a cover letter to explain all the funds in my husband's account, adding evidence of all the money, and ironically, we were refused because, they didn't see explanation of the money and that's the only reason.
Please what else can I do, I dunno if we should reapply, don't know if we would have chances of getting the Visa
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by iblaw: 11:24am On Jul 30, 2015
6packdude:

Iblaw or anyone?

1. Since you are in the US, your sponsorship will be limited to financial sponsorship which is ok unless you have a flat also in the Uk and can provide evidence so you can indicate you will host her but you also need to be a legal resident.

2. Your sponsorship wont affect her since you both are not applying for visa at the same time and i assume you will be travelling from the US to UK. Since you said you dont need a visa, i believe you have a US passport or UK residence on your Nigerian passport so you dont really need documents but if its a US passport you have be ready to give good answers to the immigration officer in London. You have like 3 months stay in UK without a visa with a US passport.

3. Its not really how much but more than enough to cover flight, accommodation and expense but also your mom personal situation in Nigeria will determine her chances eg dependents in Nigeria, Business/work in Nigeria etc things that will ensure she returns to Nigeria.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by worry357: 11:26am On Jul 30, 2015
molly14:
Good day all,
I finally applied o, and got refusal 2day. Explained all sources of funds for my husband and I and still got a refusal based on financial reasons. That I have limited funds in my account, I added my salary account and my savings account, however, it is only the amount in my salary account that was mentioned, they didn't mention it's as if they didn't see my savings account, we also wrote a cover letter to explain all the funds in my husband's account, adding evidence of all the money, and ironically, we were refused because, they didn't see explanation of the money and that's the only reason.
Please what else can I do, I dunno if we should reapply, don't know if we would have chances of getting the Visa

Your explanation should be a maximum of one page, double spaced.
You should write clear, short bullet points.
If you submit pages of writing then the VO will only scan over them and may miss information.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by iblaw: 11:35am On Jul 30, 2015
molly14:
Good day all,

Please type details as indicated on Refusal Letter so one can understand better also indicate you account balances since you mentioned it above. Financial reason is the major cause of UK visa refusal not because you dont have enough fund but things might not look right technically or do i say financially.

From experience if you get a refusal and you correct issues mentioned in refusal letter(pls note this depends on the issue o) and re-apply you will get your visa.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by iblaw: 11:43am On Jul 30, 2015
timyoghurt:
your application is now with UKVI for a decision.
that's what Im seeing on my TLS profile, even though I submitted on Monday 27/ July/2015 without interview.
I am a first timer. with a virgin passport. I'm going for tourist this holiday and my fiance is my sponsor..
yesterday, Wednesday 29/ July 2015 they called my fiance to ask him if he was the one sponsoring me and he said yes. and they have also called his bank yesterday too to confirm.
he has a closing baknce of like 7. something million
he is an assistant chief geologist with ministry of commerce and industry.
I don't know the processing time for virgin passports

There is no special processing time for virgin passports

From what you mentioned above, they are confirming your information and you might get your visa otherwise if there was a technical error they wont even both confirming the information as indicated above but that does not mean that those who's info are not confirmed will get a refusal. Just like interview when you go for submission, its done randomly at their own discretion.

Best of luck
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by arhziz: 12:03pm On Jul 30, 2015
Greetings , this is my first time reading this forum and i wish to know if anybody has info on renewing a child accompanied UK visiting Visa,
Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by molly14: 12:57pm On Jul 30, 2015
worry357:

Your explanation should be a maximum of one page, double spaced.
You should write clear, short bullet points.
If you submit pages of writing then the VO will only scan over them and may miss information.

well, i wrote 2 pages, maybe that explains y they didnt get some explanations.
leme try to attach the letter

Thank u, please note that the 56k mentioned is just my salary account (how will i submit balance of 56k and expect a visa), i also submitted my savings account that has about 1.1m in it, that wasn't mentioned at all, it is as if it wasn't seen. The transactions in my husbands account are his upfront and quarterly allowances, which were explained in the additional information part and entered as sources of other income, plus written in the cover letter we attached, including evidences of this payment, it showed on his payslips and then we also attached a breakdown of his salary, from his employer, all these things were stated explicitly and we submitted. i just assume maybe because he has applied before they just refused us, his refusal was in 2011 and we were not even married then plus he was working somewhere else.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by molly14: 1:01pm On Jul 30, 2015
molly14:

well, i wrote 2 pages, maybe that explains y they didnt get some explanations.
leme try to attach the letter

Thank u, please note that the 56k mentioned is just my salary account (how will i submit balance of 56k and expect a visa), i also submitted my savings account that has about 1.1m in it, that wasn't mentioned at all, it is as if it wasn't seen. The transactions in my husbands account are his upfront and quarterly allowances, which were explained in the additional information part and entered as sources of other income, plus written in the cover letter we attached, including evidences of this payment, it showed on his payslips and then we also attached a breakdown of his salary, from his employer, all these things were stated explicitly and we submitted. i just assume maybe because he has applied before they just refused us, his refusal was in 2011 and we were not even married then plus he was working somewhere else.

they also mentioned, "statements" and no origin, my husband submitted only 1 statement, the other statement is mine and our baby's, and again, the Origin was written in the additional information part of our form and the cover letter we added
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 2:16pm On Jul 30, 2015
SweetOlive:

I appreciate your good works here. I have been a guest for some time now, so I have decided to register and ask my own question as it were.

I intend visiting my cousin in the UK for the first time(no travel history), he works with the British Army(still serving). He wants to send me Letter of invite, with other required documents and he'll be taking care of my accommodation, and feeding.

- I will be responsible for my Flight Ticket and Shopping ONLY.

- I have a current account which also serve as my salary account with a Balance of 700k (No lump Sum).

- My monthly take home is 65,000

I look forward to knowing your take on this too: worry357 , vicjustice , travelland, justwise, ekpotek

Thank you guys
Like many others, you are asking what your chances are where-as there is nothing that would deter you from making the application no matter how slim your chance may be.
Though, your salary isn't too encouraging, yet, it is not impossible to get a visa with it due to other considerable factors such as: the kind of job that you do and the position that you hold; your purpose of wanting to visit the UK; what you intend to do whilst there; how long you intend to stay in the UK; the commitment of your cousin and why he is inviting you; adequate accommodation for you; evidence of relationship and correspondence; what you will return to Nigeria for etc.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by worry357: 2:23pm On Jul 30, 2015
SweetOlive:

Thank you guys

As with all applications the MAIN thing the VO will study FIRST are your "strong ties to return home."
All the other things are secondary.

Work on very strong proof that you will return home.
Job, Family, Property all these work together to help.
Single, no job, no property then save your money!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by SweetOlive(f): 2:31pm On Jul 30, 2015
Vicjustice:

Like many others, you are asking what your chances are where-as there is nothing that would deter you from making the application no matter how slim your chance may be.
Though, your salary isn't too encouraging, yet, it is not impossible to get a visa with it due to other considerable factors such as: the kind of job that you do and the position that you hold; your purpose of wanting to visit the UK; what you intend to do whilst there; how long you intend to stay in the UK; the commitment of your cousin and why he is inviting you; adequate accommodation for you; evidence of relationship and correspondence; what you will return to Nigeria for etc.

Thanks Vicjustice,

I'm going there to spend my official annual Leave, and Its just a 4weeks holiday.

Also, could you please clarify more on "Evidence of relationship and correspondence"? He's my cousin and we don't bare the same surname. How do I prove to them, he's my cousin?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by oluwawify(f): 2:34pm On Jul 30, 2015
good day, just wise and the gurus in the house

my fiancee and father of our 1 and 7months old is a British citizen by birth, all his 4 siblings are base and were born in uk

his mother is always going there every 6 months and she is currently there now,

his father was banned for ten years since 1999, he has applied to go for a month visit to celebrate his 80th birthday with his children wife and

grand children, my fiancee wants to invite us for six months as he doesn't have the amount required yet to invite us to stay permanently,

i don't work but have had 700k in my account my account for about 5 to 6 months now, my brother recently paid me the 800k loan i gave him to

start his business before i meet my man and had my baby with an interest of 200k which totally make my saving account balance 1.7m, my

fiancee wants to apply for us from London, although he recently started working and earns up to 2000 pounds now,
do we have a good chance of getting a six month visiting visa?
if yes please what other document would i need to provide?
do i and my son need to do the this tuberculosis test?
i have also written and passed my ielts test,

please my good people advice me on how to go about this as am a first timer and don't want to make any mistakes......

thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by SweetOlive(f): 2:35pm On Jul 30, 2015
worry357:

As with all applications the MAIN thing the VO will study FIRST are your "strong ties to return home."
All the other things are secondary.

Work on very strong proof that you will return home.
Job, Family, Property all these work together to help.
Single, no job, no property then save your money!

Thank you. I have a Job, Single and No property yet.

The only home tie I have now is my Job.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by BrainyBell: 3:22pm On Jul 30, 2015
Dear all,

Please, kindly assist.

I applied for a UK visa and I was denied with the reason in the attached screenshot below. I planned visiting the UK for only two weeks and my sponsor would be responsible for my accommodation. Upon reviewing the application I submitted, I observed an error in the ECO's decision, which was even unclear as to the real reason behind my denial - too much funds for the trip or insufficient funds?

On the form, I had stated that I had 2,078 Pounds as AVAILABLE for my trip, but only intended spending 1,100 Pounds, which is the COST of the trip to me ( broken down into 700 pounds for flight fares, and 400 pounds for shopping et al). Beyond this balance on my salary account, I also separately attached a fixed deposit certificate which had a balance of 450K.

In denying me, the ECO said I stated 2,078 pounds as the COST of my trip, which is FALSE! It was further stated that I don't have sufficient funds when indeed my salary account showed 650K balance and my fixed deposit account had 450K, totaling 1.1M.

I have decided to reapply instantly and attach a written statement to this, since the basis of denial is so flimsy! However, before I do, what do I need to amend?

Please, kindly drop your comments.

Regards.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by BrainyBell: 3:38pm On Jul 30, 2015
Respected forum members,

Please, what is the correct interpretation of: How much do you have for your trip? Does it mean, the total amount I want to SPEND for my trip OR the amount I have in my BANK ACCOUNT, and from which I will spend for the trip.

Lastly, must the amount I HAVE for the trip be the same balance on my bank statement or can it be different? For example, can I say I have 1 Million for the trip, but show 2 Million on my bank statement instead? Does this make any sense, please.

Kind regards....
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by OGreene: 4:01pm On Jul 30, 2015
I have asked dis question too, I was confused at a stage. But ibilaw gave me a response (u can check the prev page), that it's d total cost of the trip, ur flight, accommodation and living expenses. No one has said otherwise since. So.....

BrainyBell:

Respected forum members,

Please, what is the correct interpretation of: How much do you have for your trip? Does it mean, the total amount I want to SPEND for my trip OR the amount I have in my BANK ACCOUNT, and from which I will spend for the trip.

Lastly, must the amount I HAVE for the trip be the same balance on my bank statement or can it be different? For example, can I say I have 1 Million for the trip, but show 2 Million on my bank statement instead? Does this make any sense, please.

Kind regards.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by OGreene: 4:11pm On Jul 30, 2015
Justwise, we are still waiting for you oooo shocked
Vicjustice, pls attend to questions, u hv been away for long, kilon shele?

House, pls wht do you advise I do now. I hvnt heard from the VO since I submitted. The intended date of travel is Aug 2nd, dis Sunday, I hv booked a hotel as well. Now, I can see dat dis Sunday won't be feasible, it's 3 days away and I hvnt even gotten my visa. The hotel's policy is 48hours to be given for cancellation, and if cancelled later the whole fee will be charged. Pls shud I call the hotel to change the dates or what? I don't want to lose money jus like that.

If I change dates and the ECO is yet to confirm from the hotel mgt, what will happen if the ECO is told I pushed my dates ahead?

Has anyone been in my shoes? I need an urgent response pls, am about to call the hotel
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by BrainyBell: 4:16pm On Jul 30, 2015
Don't push the date ahead, please. You won't be there to defend yourself, and they won't even do the thinking for you by assuming things that is not written in the application form you submitted.

I would advice you wait. It is better to be refused expressly for that reason, correct the date afterwards and reapply, than to simply take a decision based on your assumption!

Cheers brother.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by OGreene: 4:41pm On Jul 30, 2015
Wait?

I suppose the 48hr notice should be Friday morning. So if I don't call the hotel by Friday morning to cancel or make changes, I stand a huge chance of being penalized by them charging the whole fee 165k. Haaaaa, it's much ooo.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Beezus: 4:44pm On Jul 30, 2015
My sister was in the same situation. She called the hotel to change the date of arrival to a later date. Im sure the hotel was called to ask if she made any reservation with them cos my relatives in her form were called. She did get her visa.

OGreene:
Justwise, we are still waiting for you oooo shocked
Vicjustice, pls attend to questions, u hv been away for long, kilon shele?

House, pls wht do you advise I do now. I hvnt heard from the VO since I submitted. The intended date of travel is Aug 2nd, dis Sunday, I hv booked a hotel as well. Now, I can see dat dis Sunday won't be feasible, it's 3 days away and I hvnt even gotten my visa. The hotel's policy is 48hours to be given for cancellation, and if cancelled later the whole fee will be charged. Pls shud I call the hotel to change the dates or what? I don't want to lose money jus like that.

If I change dates and the ECO is yet to confirm from the hotel mgt, what will happen if the ECO is told I pushed my dates ahead?

Has anyone been in my shoes? I need an urgent response pls, am about to call the hotel
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by BrainyBell: 4:45pm On Jul 30, 2015
Never knew the amount involved was that huge; that's surely too much to lose. Let's wait for the gurus in the house.

(1) (2) (3) ... (365) (366) (367) (368) (369) (370) (371) ... (426)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.