Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,800 members, 7,806,211 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:10 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (370) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (980047 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (367) (368) (369) (370) (371) (372) (373) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Beezus: 10:17pm On Jul 30, 2015
justwise:

How much did you budget for the trip?

i wrote 1,400 pounds. if i want to reapply, how much do u thnk if i put as my budget will make me stand more chances?
Also d commission aspect, will they consider that if i mention it under d part they ask if i have any other addition income? or where do u think i should include it?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by AZUH: 10:20pm On Jul 30, 2015
thanks , she will apply next year , her leave will expire soon . my boy applied without flight reservation and got his visa. how does that work? he has upt0 6 million in his account and total turn over was upto 30 million . still schengen , i want to apply without flight reservation will it work for me ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 10:21pm On Jul 30, 2015
Beezus:

i wrote 1,400 pounds. if i want to reapply, how much do u thnk if i put as my budget will make me stand more chances?
Also d commission aspect, will they consider that if i mention it under d part they ask if i have any other addition income? or where do u think i should include it?

You did not mention how you earn in a month to be able to spend that much in a few week in the UK
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Beezus: 10:27pm On Jul 30, 2015
justwise:

You did not mention how you earn in a month to be able to spend that much in a few week in the UK

salary is 108k. i mentioned in the additional information section that i receive commissions as well although it varies. actually i thot the question meant how much i could afford to spend for the trip
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 10:29pm On Jul 30, 2015
molly14:

My take home is 59k, hubby 177k, however, allowances are about 1.6m paid as two times ayear asides other allowances.
Totalling 4.5m per year. For d whole package.

@justwise, I attached d refusal letter early, mayb u can see it, f ts not too much trouble to go thru later post

That is the issue here, you both earn 236K combined in a month, that is about £700, that aside...who pays the allowance?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 10:31pm On Jul 30, 2015
Beezus:

salary is 108k. i mentioned in the additional information section that i receive commissions as well although it varies. actually i thot the question meant how much i could afford to spend for the trip

Then to spend £1,400 in few weeks on that salary is just over the top, that did not help your application at all
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by molly14: 10:36pm On Jul 30, 2015
justwise:

That is the issue here, you both earn 236K combined in a month, that is about £700, that aside...who pays the allowance?

Hubby's employers. Doesn't the total sum for the year count on the long run? The allowances r still ur earnings n u get them as part of ur income
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Beezus: 10:40pm On Jul 30, 2015
justwise:

Then to spend £1,400 in few weeks on that salary is just over the top, that did not help your application at all

yeah, i made the same mistake as Brainybell. now for the commissions, which part of the form do u think is best 4 me 2 mention it?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by kaverd: 2:37am On Jul 31, 2015
@Justwise,
i have a problem,i applied for a uk visit visa this year and was refused entry into the country.now when i was filling out the forms i used my step fathers name and details when filling the forms though i explained why i did that on the form..but i have my biological fathers name on my passport because i used my birth certificate for it.truth be told i do not know my fathers DOB and hometown.so i want to ask if i can use my biological fathers name and assume his DOB and hometown or i should always use my step fathers when applying again and if i will not worry me much in future applications..and if the UKBA saves data about applicants or whether this is important..

Your advice is greatly need..Thanks and counting on your usual correspondence.God bless you smiley
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by zoomzu(f): 5:10am On Jul 31, 2015
Uv
kaverd:
@Justwise,
i have a problem,i applied for a uk visit visa this year and was refused entry into the country.now when i was filling out the forms i used my step fathers name and details when filling the forms though i explained why i did that on the form..but i have my biological fathers name on my passport because i used my birth certificate for it.truth be told i do not know my fathers DOB and hometown.so i want to ask if i can use my

Uv biological fathers name and assume his DOB and hometown or i should always use my step fathers when applying again and if i will not worry me much in future applications..and if the UKBA saves data about applicants or whether this is important..

Your advice is greatly need..Thanks and counting on your usual correspondence.God bless you smiley

There is an instruction on what to write if your are not sure of your parents DOB which is 1900. Check it well.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by askari01: 5:53am On Jul 31, 2015
OGreene:
Wait?

I suppose the 48hr notice should be Friday morning. So if I don't call the hotel by Friday morning to cancel or make changes, I stand a huge chance of being penalized by them charging the whole fee 165k. Haaaaa, it's much ooo.

My opinion is that you should change the date if you can but Don't cancel reservation, Do that as you are reading my mail now now, They would have treated your application and I am sure By now your application is on its way to the pickup center, It will end in praises .
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 6:22am On Jul 31, 2015
molly14:

Hubby's employers. Doesn't the total sum for the year count on the long run? The allowances r still ur earnings n u get them as part of ur income

They focus on your own salary and not necessarily that of your husband, you will find it difficult to explain the issue of allowance because the difference between your hubby's salary and allowances is huge
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 6:24am On Jul 31, 2015
kaverd:
@Justwise,
i have a problem,i applied for a uk visit visa this year and was refused entry into the country.now when i was filling out the forms i used my step fathers name and details when filling the forms though i explained why i did that on the form..but i have my biological fathers name on my passport because i used my birth certificate for it.truth be told i do not know my fathers DOB and hometown.so i want to ask if i can use my biological fathers name and assume his DOB and hometown or i should always use my step fathers when applying again and if i will not worry me much in future applications..and if the UKBA saves data about applicants or whether this is important..

Why were you refused the first application?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by OGreene: 6:49am On Jul 31, 2015
Gracias! You really are thinking what am thinking. It's the 9th working day and 13th day after submission. They must be rounding up and wud hv checked d hotel part. I called d hotel yesterday to move d date, dey said I shud call again this morning.

askari01:

My opinion is that you should change the date if you can but Don't cancel reservation, Do that as you are reading my mail now now, They would have treated your application and I am sure By now your application is on its way to the pickup center, It will end in praises .
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by askari01: 6:58am On Jul 31, 2015
OGreene:
Gracias! You really are thinking what am thinking. It's the 9th working day and 13th day after submission. They must be rounding up and wud hv checked d hotel part. I called d hotel yesterday to move d date, dey said I shud call again this morning.

Its better to move date ahead than to cancel, Save you from 165k lose. Just make sure you are the first caller this morning ... Those Oyinbo people cn play head games ehn..It will end in praises .
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by OGreene: 7:07am On Jul 31, 2015
Abi ooo.

I called just now, the woman (sleepy-voiced) that answered said the Manager comes in by 8 or 8:30 that I can call then. But I want to send a mail right away so they can have that one too.

Yes, I bliv it will end in praise. I prayed about it dis morning.

Who submitted at Ikeja VAC from 16-22July, am still asking

askari01:

Its better to move date ahead than to cancel, Save you from 165k lose. Just make sure you are the first caller this morning ... Those Oyinbo people cn play head games ehn..It will end in praises .
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by askari01: 7:17am On Jul 31, 2015
To my bosses and Co's-
If someone is going for a church anniversary in the UK ,

1. what kind of Visa should she apply for ? General or Tourist or Business Visa?
2. What is the main address and contact details of where you will be staying whilst in the UK? does this mean the Hotel or the church contact?
3. Do you have savings, properties or other income, for example from stocks and shares? Does this includes Credit Thrift Union(alajeseku)?
4. The cost of your accommodation? The cost of Hotel booked for her is 744ponds .... Should she write 774 and explain in the addition info that the church has paid for hotel or write N/A cos the church stated in the invitation letter that they will do so?
5. The cost of your living expenses? what does this mean when they have asked enough question already?
6. Name of Organisation- nairaland bible church,
7. Type of Business- Charitable organisation Ngo what should she write pls....

Your response will be appreciated , Just wanna be sure before given her any advise.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by molly14: 7:18am On Jul 31, 2015
justwise:

They focus on your own salary and not necessarily that of your husband, you will find it difficult to explain the issue of allowance because the difference between your hubby's salary and allowances is huge

Thank u, I don't know f u saw the refusal letter I posted. The ECO stated that he saw all the earnings from my husband but howvere some money in his "statements" are more. He assumed that of all the 4 statements we submitted, 3 is for my husband and was wondering how he had other accounts wit money like that, but my husband submitted only 1 statement, the remaing 3 are for me and our baby. On his own letter, the ECO wrote I note that u submitted a number of personal statement, which is false he submitted 1, on my own he said I note that u submitted "A STATEMENT" that has 56k, false again, I submitted 2 statements, the 1 with 56k is my salary account, the other is my savings account that I have built up over time and has 1.1m in t, besides this, we explained all the source of the money in that my savings account on the cover letter and additional info and added proof of the money. The ECO just assumed that the whole 3 statement is for my husband. I don't know if u now understand the picture.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by molly14: 7:19am On Jul 31, 2015
justwise:

Thank u, I don't know f u saw the refusal letter I posted. The ECO stated that he saw all the earnings from my husband but howvere some money in his "statements" are more. He assumed that of all the 4 statements we submitted, 3 is for my husband and was wondering how he had other accounts wit money like that, but my husband submitted only 1 statement, the remaing 3 are for me and our baby. On his own letter, the ECO wrote I note that u submitted a number of personal statement, which is false he submitted 1, on my own he said I note that u submitted "A STATEMENT" that has 56k, false again, I submitted 2 statements, the 1 with 56k is my salary account, the other is my savings account that I have built up over time and has 1.1m in t, besides this, we explained all the source of the money in that my savings account on the cover letter and additional info and added proof of the money. The ECO just assumed that the whole 3 statement is for my husband. I don't know if u now understand the picture.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by worry357: 7:43am On Jul 31, 2015
molly14:

I suspect from your postings that you submitted a long rambling letter to go with your application.
Very often buisy people only scan such documents as they do not have time to read fully.

Your explanation should be a MAXIMUM of one page of double spaced type.
Any more than that will not get read.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Missdodo: 7:58am On Jul 31, 2015
Dear Molly14,

Justwise and co have done a good job in answering your questions but i'm going to restate what has been said but maybe in a 'simpler' grammar:

1. There is a guidance for visa issuance that the ECO follows and this guidance contains different templates for refusal based on various reasons such as travel history, economic circumstance, home ties, source of funds e.t.c. that's why sometimes, it appears like a case has not been individually assessed ...

2. The ECO is watching out for 3 major things and in no particular order they are: A) Travel History - This shows your level of compliance with immigration laws in other countries. The idea is most probably that if you have a track record of compliance, then you will return home. B) Amount available for the trip - As stated by Justwise et al, each application is assessed on its own merit. Your available cash (not savings account or fixed deposit) to the ECO is what you can access on the go without having to go through a process. i'm guessing from my banking knowledge that having a current or checking account reduces your risk profile and increases your credit rating and as such the ECO may be more likely to focus on your current account where you have submitted both current and savings. Bottom line is they don't want you partaking in UK tax payers money. C) Source of income - The ECO must somehow be convinced that your source of income is so reliable/steady that you have no need to remain in the UK. Its not enough to just earn a salary, it must be a 'decent' salary. So getting N75k monthly is not a bad thing, it only becomes a problem when 75k is all you receive (from all sources) and you naturally have expenses. you need to deduct your expense from your income for you to access your own chances of success for a UK visa.

3. Always remember that you need to convince the ECO about your 'thriving' circumstances in Nigeria. Always always attach documents.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by molly14: 8:05am On Jul 31, 2015
Missdodo:
Dear Molly14,

Justwise and co have done a good job in answering your questions but i'm going to restate what has been said but maybe in a 'simpler' grammar:

1. There is a guidance for visa issuance that the ECO follows and this guidance contains different templates for refusal based on various reasons such as travel history, economic circumstance, home ties, source of funds e.t.c. that's why sometimes, it appears like a case has not been individually assessed ...

2. The ECO is watching out for 3 major things and in no particular order they are: A) Travel History - This shows your level of compliance with immigration laws in other countries. The idea is most probably that if you have a track record of compliance, then you will return home. B) Amount available for the trip - As stated by Justwise et al, each application is assessed on its own merit. Your available cash (not savings account or fixed deposit) to the ECO is what you can access on the go without having to go through a process. i'm guessing from my banking knowledge that having a current or checking account reduces your risk profile and increases your credit rating and as such the ECO may be more likely to focus on your current account where you have submitted both current and savings. Bottom line is they don't want you partaking in UK tax payers money. C) Source of income - The ECO must somehow be convinced that your source of income is so reliable/steady that you have no need to remain in the UK. Its not enough to just earn a salary, it must be a 'decent' salary. So getting N75k monthly is not a bad thing, it only becomes a problem when 75k is all you receive (from all sources) and you naturally have expenses. you need to deduct your expense from your income for you to access your own chances of success for a UK visa.

3. Always remember that you need to convince the ECO about your 'thriving' circumstances in Nigeria. Always always attach documents.

Thank u so much.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Ralphlauren(m): 8:42am On Jul 31, 2015
molly14:

Thank u so much.

you should never have submitted the 53k current bank statement in the first place. thats less than £160!!!! it would have been a different issue if you had say 300k in your current account and say 700k in your savings

you should have kept your application simple by either relying on your husband statements or transferring your funds from the savings account to your current account.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 9:24am On Jul 31, 2015
molly14:

Please take your time and go through that refusal letter again...money found in his account is not inline with his declared salary and there is no supporting document to explain the source of that money, again the focus is on your salary account and the bank statement submitted by your hubby has some unexplained transfers.

On the economy side of the argument which the ECO considered as well...you earn 59k a month and might have saved for many years to have a million in your account...spending a good chunk of that savings in just few weeks in the UK on holiday makes no economic sense.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 9:26am On Jul 31, 2015
Missdodo:
Dear Molly14,

I appreciate your contribution

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ArikeGZ: 9:29am On Jul 31, 2015
Good morning all.

Please I am new to this thread but from the information I have scanned through I want to commend you all for setting up this platform to guide people like me. Please @Justwise and all the good contributors and pple of the thread, I am in urgent need of help and guidance for my aunty.
My aunty applied for a tourist visa in May and was denied. the reasons given are stated below

1.You are a first time visitor in the Uk and stated that the purpose of your trip is to visit your cousin. However ur application does not provide any evidence to suggest that you are related as claimed or of any contact between you.lack of such evidence leads me to doubt you are a genuine sponsor.
2. You have indicated that you are a teacher with ..... earning .... You have submitted photocopies of Bank Statement and letter from a cooperative (...)indicating that you received large deposit of N1m into your acct. while these are photocopies of the original there is the possibility that during the copying process changes may have been made, such as to amend names, addresses and dates.Consequently in the absence of original documents, these copied documents that you have submitted are of little evidential value. I am therefore not convinced that you have satisfactorily evidenced ur earnings and financial circumstances.
3.The above circumstances undermine the overall credibility of the application to the extent that d balance of probability I am not satisfied that your circumstances are as ..........

Please note that she submitted payslips, bank statement and letter from her cooperative and the state govt where she teaches. All these were original copies.

Please how does she respond to this. she want to submit the application today/tmrw to enable her do biometrics on monday.

I appreciate ur advise n contributions in advance.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by molly14: 9:30am On Jul 31, 2015
Ralphlauren:

you should never have submitted the 53k current bank statement in the first place. thats less than £160!!!! it would have been a different issue if you had say 300k in your current account and say 700k in your savings

you should have kept your application simple by either relying on your husband statements or transferring your funds from the savings account to your current account.

Too bad my mistake, thnk u. I just tot since ts my salary account and I submitted payslips, they might want to see d account the money is going into. Cos I remember I read smwhr on this forum whr sm1 said they submitted payslips n but the ECO said they didn't see d payments on d payslips in d account or smtin like dt.
Well ts a lesson 4 next time. I really tot I had t rightt.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by OGreene: 10:09am On Jul 31, 2015
Where and when did she submit?

ArikeGZ:
Good morning all.

Please I am new to this thread but from the information I have scanned through I want to commend you all for setting up this platform to guide people like me. Please @Justwise and all the good contributors and pple of the thread, I am in urgent need of help and guidance for my aunty.
My aunty applied for a tourist visa in May and was denied. the reasons given are stated below

1.You are a first time visitor in the Uk and stated that the purpose of your trip is to visit your cousin. However ur application does not provide any evidence to suggest that you are related as claimed or of any contact between you.lack of such evidence leads me to doubt you are a genuine sponsor.
2. You have indicated that you are a teacher with ..... earning .... You have submitted photocopies of Bank Statement and letter from a cooperative (...)indicating that you received large deposit of N1m into your acct. while these are photocopies of the original there is the possibility that during the copying process changes may have been made, such as to amend names, addresses and dates.Consequently in the absence of original documents, these copied documents that you have submitted are of little evidential value. I am therefore not convinced that you have satisfactorily evidenced ur earnings and financial circumstances.
3.The above circumstances undermine the overall credibility of the application to the extent that d balance of probability I am not satisfied that your circumstances are as ..........

Please note that she submitted payslips, bank statement and letter from her cooperative and the state govt where she teaches. All these were original copies.

Please how does she respond to this. she want to submit the application today/tmrw to enable her do biometrics on monday.

I appreciate ur advise n contributions in advance.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by kaverd: 10:24am On Jul 31, 2015
justwise:

Why were you refused the first application?

I was refused on the basis of a huge lump of money that was in my step dads bank account which i used when applying and also on the basis of not providing enough evidence that i will return to my home country..
i just want to know if i can use my biological fathers name to fill my next application won't i get a ban for it since i used my step dads details for filling the first application?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 10:45am On Jul 31, 2015
Good day Justwise and Fellow Gurus.

My company has been invited by a UK engineering company for pre-inspection of equipment which we acquired for a university here in Nigeria under a Government contract.

The documents I have available are as follows:

(1) Invitation letter
(2) Marriage certificate
(3) Children birth certificates
(4) Wedding photographs
(5) Evidence of business activities
(6) Certificate of incorporation
(7) Company tax clearance certificate
(cool Personal Income Tax card.
(9) Statements of account for the last 6 months. (company)
(10) Hotel reservation.
(11) Explanatory details of how the trip will be beneficial to us.

Because my personal statement of account has only 400k. I have decided not to include it, but use the company's account for the trip. Please advise.

Thank you for your time and assistance.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Ralphlauren(m): 10:53am On Jul 31, 2015
molly14:

Too bad my mistake, thnk u. I just tot since ts my salary account and I submitted payslips, they might want to see d account the money is going into. Cos I remember I read smwhr on this forum whr sm1 said they submitted payslips n but the ECO said they didn't see d payments on d payslips in d account or smtin like dt.
Well ts a lesson 4 next time. I really tot I had t rightt.

visa applications require planning. your salary/current account is the most suitable for any application but it should at least have some decent balance.

you should have built up the balance in your current/salary account few months before you applied. rather than stashing money away in your savings account, you should have either left it in your current account or transferred money from your savings account to your current account in random transfers. say 50k this week, another 100k the following month, etc.

had it been you had about 500k balance in your current account and you had included that of your husband, your application might have stood a better chance.

that 54k balance doesnt cut it at all. enough to 'piss' any ECO off and just write you off as an 'unserious' applicant.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 11:09am On Jul 31, 2015
FrontPageLawyer:
Good day Justwise and Fellow Gurus.

My company has been invited by a UK engineering company for pre-inspection of equipment which we acquired for a university here in Nigeria under a Government contract.

The documents I have available are as follows:

(1) Invitation letter
(2) Marriage certificate
(3) Children birth certificates
(4) Wedding photographs
(5) Evidence of business activities
(6) Certificate of incorporation
(7) Company tax clearance certificate
(cool Personal Income Tax card.
(9) Statements of account for the last 6 months. (company)
(10) Hotel reservation.
(11) Explanatory details of how the trip will be beneficial to us.

Because my personal statement of account has only 400k. I have decided not to include it, but use the company's account for the trip. Please advise.

Thank you for your time and assistance.

(1) (2) (3) ... (367) (368) (369) (370) (371) (372) (373) ... (426)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.