Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,952 members, 7,806,753 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:39 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (372) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (980085 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (369) (370) (371) (372) (373) (374) (375) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 10:23pm On Jul 31, 2015
jobaltol:
Good day

I recently won a masters scholarship to study in a skul in the UK. Five yrs ago, I was denied visa wen I wanted to attend the graduation of my cousin due to insufficient ties to Nigeria and bank statement errors.
Now,while filling d form online, there wasn't enough space to write out al d reasons for denial of visa den, so I was advised to write insufficient ties to Nigeria since d new scholarship doesn't need my personal bank statement...pls I hope, it isn't withdrawal of info...
Also, I was advised earlier on not to seek for accomodation in the skul because it is expensive, so I intend seeking for accomodation outside the campus. So if asked about where I intend staying in the UK, wat do u tink I shud tel dem at d visa office...

Lastly, I rounded up my Nigerian masters programme( did project defense)...but nt yet given certificate/statement of result to back it up...so if asked that wat av I bin doing since graduation, should I tel dem I just finished my masters programme... won't dey ask for documents to back it up...pls am eager for genuine answer...thanks

What was the error that lead to the visa refusal?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by OGreene: 10:29pm On Jul 31, 2015
Iblaw, great news! Congrats.

I will be going in August, e remain for dem to release my passport/visa na grin I shall not be refused ooo.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Ralphlauren(m): 10:32pm On Jul 31, 2015
prayerrain:

thanks for your response
but before you bring out your shakabula.. I must have mistaken you for someone else. actually that Monday i submitted there was a girl of about 15 years of age who was accompanied by someone I thougt to be her uncle. the girl caught my attention coz she's got great etiquette and charisma.. and besides I'm a lady naaaaa so no course for alarm oooo biko........

Lol. Ok ma'am.

You should hear from them next week at the latest.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 10:33pm On Jul 31, 2015
ArikeGZ:

The documents she is submitting now is
1. Invitation letter from her cousin in UK where she will be staying and the datapage of his british passport
2. Her original copies of Bank statement and also letter from the cooperative (she has been a member/contributor of the corporative for 22yrs.)
3. Her land paper/House plan project (She is building her retirement house)
4. Letter from her place of work
5. she is not sure of documents to include that will prove the relationship with her cousin. tho they are first cousins.

Thank you Justwise awaiting your advice and guidance.

Any pic of them together, email exchange etc?
Proof of accommodation for her? Her cousin's bank statement/ payslips since he will be looking after her?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by OGreene: 12:21am On Aug 01, 2015
I just stumbled on this. VicJustice, this is epic grin grin grin

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by askari01: 1:26am On Aug 01, 2015
justwise:

1. Standard Visitor visa

2. If you will be staying in hotel then hotel is themain address and contact details will be that of the hotel

3. If you have supporting document for that then yes if not then leave it out.

4. Should she write 774 and explain in the addition info that the church has paid for hotel .

5. Is the church providing food and transport for her?

7. A church, church can be regarded as charitable organization as well

Thank you justwise... I believe standard visa. Is same as general visitor visa...

5. The church is providing for her wellbeing in the UK and I believe feedin and transportation should be included.

She earns a salary of 200K monthly and presently she has like 400-500k in her account, is that OK ?... although I have advise her to book for the cheapest airflight of like 550 and also go with like 200pound, making altogether 750pounds@313 Naira= 234,750k as money available for the trip since the accommodation part has been taken care of. Her account balance is so meager Becos she just bought some parcel of land in March.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by nma01: 6:39am On Aug 01, 2015
iblaw:
I picked up my passport at VI center today and got my 2 years visa cheesy
Did submission Friday 10th July and by Saturday 18th July i got an email from Sheffield that a decision has been made on my application, on Friday 24th July i got an email from the VI center that a decision has been made and soon i will be notified when to come for pick up but today Friday 31st July i just decided to go and check and my passport was waiting for me with my 2 years visa cheesy. In fact from my passport, visa was issued on Thursday 16th July so it seem either VI or Ikeja the process seem to be fast now.

Anyone in the house that intend to travel in September?

Best of luck to everyone applying soon

Congratulations @iblaw
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Portsmouth86(f): 6:54am On Aug 01, 2015
Ralphlauren:
BrainyBell and ogreene

regarding the financial section of the form, i will try as best as possible to explain my own understanding of the requirements. very recently, i helped a relative in completing the form and the application was successful with 10years visa issued.

i will use an illustration to make it easier.

closing balance on bank statement = #1,500,000.

cost of hotel for 10 days = £500 (using an overly generous exchange rate of £1 to 350naira, this works out as 175,000naira). Hint: always look for very cheap, budget hotels - as long as they are located within London or any other tourist city.

cost of return ticket = £700 (using an overly generous exchange rate of £1 to 350naira, this works out as 245,000 naira)

living expenses (that is feeding for the entire 10days) = with a generous/average budget of £35 a day, you have 3 meals a day so for 10days stay, this works out as £350. (using an overly generous exchange rate of £1 to 350naira, this works out as 122,500 naira).

transportation for the entire 10days = generous estimatation of £150 (using an overly generous exchange rate of £1 to 350naira, this works out as 52,500 naira).

adding all the figures above, the total cost of the trip = £1,700.00

therefore, for the section, 'how much is available to you for this trip', i will fill in £2,200.00

for the section, 'what is the cost of this trip personally to you', i will fill in £2,000.00 (the £300 difference is for any 'unexpected expenses')

now convert £2,000 to naira using an overly generous exchange rate of £1 to 350naira = 700,000k

so from the ECO's point of view, spending 700k from 1.5m isn't too bad as the applicant as 800k left in the bank

finally, for return ticket, there is no point quoting outrageous ticket prices on the form. BA can charge £1k for a return flight and Air Maroc or Arik can charge £500 for the same flight, depending on the season. so always go with the lowest/average air fare. £700 is an average fare for a lagos to london return ticket - even during the busy summer months.

check flights with Iberia or KLM too it may mean a stopover but a lot cheaper in price, i got a return flight from London Gatwick to Lagos for only £384 stopover in Madrid 2hrs either way, Im not sure how much different the prices are going Lagos to London though.

you would ideally be best to give a generous budget for the flight costs which you will also need to include in the 'how much is available to you for this trip' section

Good luck
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Portsmouth86(f): 6:56am On Aug 01, 2015
nma01:
Congratulations @iblaw

Congratulations to you

My hubby is Applying for his Spouse visa in November ...so cant wait cheesy
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Ralphlauren(m): 6:58am On Aug 01, 2015
Portsmouth86:

check flights with Iberia or KLM too it may mean a stopover but a lot cheaper in price, i got a return flight from London Gatwick to Lagos for only £384 stopover in Madrid 2hrs either way, Im not sure how much different the prices are going Lagos to London though.

you would ideally be best to give a generous budget for the flight costs which you will also need to include in the 'how much is available to you for this trip' section

Good luck

Erm. . . Im not applying. undecided

That post was to help out those asking questions on how to complete the section for financials.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Portsmouth86(f): 7:51am On Aug 01, 2015
Ralphlauren:

Erm. . . Im not applying. undecided

That post was to help out those asking questions on how to complete the section for financials.

Yes i guessed that since you said you got a 10 yr.. i was meant to quote the bottom part

"finally, for return ticket, there is no point quoting outrageous ticket prices on the form. BA can charge £1k for a return flight and Air Maroc or Arik can charge £500 for the same flight, depending on the season. so always go with the lowest/average air fare. £700 is an average fare for a lagos to london return ticket - even during the busy summer months."

to also help other applicants with flight costs, I work in the Travel industry so I always look out for cheap flights to/from London to Lagos.

apologies for the miscommunication on my part.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 7:58am On Aug 01, 2015
askari01:

Thank you justwise... I believe standard visa. Is same as general visitor visa...

5. The church is providing for her wellbeing in the UK and I believe feedin and transportation should be included.

She earns a salary of 200K monthly and presently she has like 400-500k in her account, is that OK ?... although I have advise her to book for the cheapest airflight of like 550 and also go with like 200pound, making altogether 750pounds@313 Naira= 234,750k as money available for the trip since the accommodation part has been taken care of. Her account balance is so meager Becos she just bought some parcel of land in March.

You need to be certain about that because it is material to her visa application, and she also need to know exactly how much the flight ticket will cost...no guess work or estimate
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by oluwawify(f): 9:01am On Aug 01, 2015
Greetings ,,,,,,,

Really need a response to my previous quote

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by oluwawify(f): 9:03am On Aug 01, 2015
Greetings ,,,,,,,

Really need a response to my previous post

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by askari01: 9:22am On Aug 01, 2015
justwise:

You need to be certain about that because it is material to her visa application, and she also need to know exactly how much the flight ticket will cost...no guess work or estimate

Thank you Justwise, I have used wakanow as my search material, http://www.wakanow.com/NG/flights/listing.aspx?searchId=kywmidqfqnjpzgaz31olyfv3278466256 on the webpage there is even Royal Air Maroc,AT-554,Economy
U Class in September for 168,535 Naira... if that is being divided by 313= 536ponds. Presently shes having 420k in her account.

However, I tried checking for available date in August at the VI Center but all i can see are dates between 10th -14th and nothing more, but Ikeja dates too plenty. Do you know if they will still open the last week of August in V.I center just like that of Yankee /
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ArikeGZ: 9:28am On Aug 01, 2015
justwise:

Any pic of them together, email exchange etc?
Proof of accommodation for her? Her cousin's bank statement/ payslips since he will be looking after her?

There are some pictures that they have together, and she has also attached his utility bill, and bank statement, him and his wife's running mortgage etc. There are no email exchanges between them just whatsapp messages.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 9:30am On Aug 01, 2015
Thank you for your response Justwise.

I'm the managing director of the company and I do not have a salary account and no pay slip.

What can I do? It is a 3 days business trip

justwise:

You need to include your payslip and salary account
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ArikeGZ: 9:42am On Aug 01, 2015
[quote author=ArikeGZ post=36488297]

There are some pictures that they have together, and she has also attached his utility bill, and bank statement, him and his wife's running mortgage etc. There are no email exchanges between them just whatsapp messages.

HELP PLS: She is getting an error message that says "sorry your order is no longer payable. please contact the merchant quoting the following reference number ----------.
pls what does this mean and how can it be sorted.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 11:02am On Aug 01, 2015
Hi guys, so I have been a ghost viewer on this thread since I started an online programme and I intend to go for my grad grin. I must say that anyone who reads these pages does not need a travel agent at all. kudos to justwise and others.
Anyway my question is concerning validity of the passports; the time frame between the grad date and the expiration of my passport is about 4 months and I remember reading somewhere that you need at least six months validity. my question is that this requirement is not stated anywhere in the newly updated requirements found here https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/423699/2015_04_20_Visitor_Supporting_Documents_Guide_-_Final__2__-_CLEAN.pdf

Should I just take the risk and apply? or should I kukuma cancel my passport and do a fresh one?

Thanks Guys kiss
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 11:04am On Aug 01, 2015
And just to contribute to the thread, it also says on that same document, that you no longer need to submit flight or hotel bookings for visa applications unless specifically requested. Isn't that great?

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by swizy: 11:22am On Aug 01, 2015
OGreene:
I hv tracked on tls, nothing there.
Checked my spam folder yesterday, nothingm

I suggest you make use of the feedback and complaints form on the tls site. You will get a response on your enquiry. They responded to mine within an hour!

So, try it.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by iblaw: 11:22am On Aug 01, 2015
OGreene:
Iblaw, great news! Congrats.

I will be going in August, e remain for dem to release my passport/visa na grin I shall not be refused ooo.

Amen. You shall not be refused IJN. My daily confession then was "Í shall not be rejected i shall be accepted".

I applied to travel in August but i am changing it to September now that i have my visa
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by iblaw: 11:47am On Aug 01, 2015
Portsmouth86:

Good luck

384 Pounds is a good price for just 2 hour stopover

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by iblaw: 11:51am On Aug 01, 2015
Portsmouth86:

Yes i guessed that since you said you got a 10 yr.. i was meant to quote the bottom part

"finally, for return ticket, there is no point quoting outrageous ticket prices on the form. BA can charge £1k for a return flight and Air Maroc or Arik can charge £500 for the same flight, depending on the season. so always go with the lowest/average air fare. £700 is an average fare for a lagos to london return ticket - even during the busy summer months."

to also help other applicants with flight costs, I work in the Travel industry so I always look out for cheap flights to/from London to Lagos.

apologies for the miscommunication on my part.

@Portsmouth86

I beg i need flight for say 15th Sept return 30th Sept

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by iblaw: 11:55am On Aug 01, 2015
ArikeGZ:

You can forward whatsapp conversation to your email address then print it out, thats what i did in my first application to indicate IV Letter will be scanned and sent to me via email.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by iblaw: 11:56am On Aug 01, 2015
FrontPageLawyer:
Thank you for your response Justwise.

I'm the managing director of the company and I do not have a salary account and no pay slip.

What can I do? It is a 3 days business trip

Thats the mistake of many business owners, you need to separate your business account from your personal account for times like this.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by blessedfavoured: 12:03pm On Aug 01, 2015
just fill another form all together, i had the same issue. Did you try to pay with a foreign atm card?
[quote author=ArikeGZ post=36488814][/quote]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by iblaw: 12:06pm On Aug 01, 2015
bestestgirl:
Hi guys, so I have been a ghost viewer on this thread since I started an online programme and I intend to go for my grad grin. I must say that anyone who reads these pages does not need a travel agent at all. kudos to justwise and others.
Anyway my question is concerning validity of the passports; the time frame between the grad date and the expiration of my passport is about 4 months and I remember reading somewhere that you need at least six months validity. my question is that this requirement is not stated anywhere in the newly updated requirements found here https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/423699/2015_04_20_Visitor_Supporting_Documents_Guide_-_Final__2__-_CLEAN.pdf

Should I just take the risk and apply? or should I kukuma cancel my passport and do a fresh one?

Thanks Guys kiss

If you are applying for any visa your passport MUST have 6 months validity, if its less then get another passport and include both in your application but quite the new passport number on your application.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ArikeGZ: 12:07pm On Aug 01, 2015
blessedfavoured:
just fill another form all together, i had the same issue. Did you try to pay with a foreign atm card?

No we used mastercard to try to pay. Please how do i go about filling another form. there is no column for cancel/delete.
Please response needed asap. Thanks alot
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by iblaw: 12:13pm On Aug 01, 2015
ArikeGZ:

No we used mastercard to try to pay. Please how do i go about filling another form. there is no column for cancel/delete.
Please response needed asap. Thanks alot

I assume you are using GTB Mastercard, i had problems using my Mastercard for payment last year so call Gtb and give them the error code. Resolve problem with your card
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 12:21pm On Aug 01, 2015
iblaw:

If you are applying for any visa your passport MUST have 6 months validity, if its less then get another passport and include both in your application but quite the new passport number on your application.
Thanks for the reply. I guess I better get to it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (369) (370) (371) (372) (373) (374) (375) ... (426)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.