Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,352 members, 7,800,703 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 01:24 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (373) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (979527 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (370) (371) (372) (373) (374) (375) (376) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by blessedfavoured: 12:24pm On Aug 01, 2015
you cant cancel or delete if youve submitted, just start a new appication all over, annoying i know. click on apply for myself or somebosy else

ArikeGZ:

No we used mastercard to try to pay. Please how do i go about filling another form. there is no column for cancel/delete.
Please response needed asap. Thanks alot
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ArikeGZ: 12:29pm On Aug 01, 2015
okay, thanks alot.

blessedfavoured:
you cant cancel or delete if youve submitted, just start a new appication all over, annoying i know. click on apply for myself or somebosy else

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 1:52pm On Aug 01, 2015
ArikeGZ:

There are some pictures that they have together, and she has also attached his utility bill, and bank statement, him and his wife's running mortgage etc. There are no email exchanges between them just whatsapp messages.

Including those in the application package will help a lot
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 1:55pm On Aug 01, 2015
FrontPageLawyer:
Thank you for your response Justwise.

I'm the managing director of the company and I do not have a salary account and no pay slip.

What can I do? It is a 3 days business trip

Ok that is fine but you need to include your company's account, tax certificate and the contract paper signed between you and the university then letter from the company in the UK
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ArikeGZ: 1:57pm On Aug 01, 2015
Okay. Thank you.
Please how can she defend her cooperative contributions. she was due for some huge deposit this year and was paid 1m, she already has a letter from the cooperative on their letter head and her ID. She has been part of this cooperative for 22yrs.

justwise:

Including those in the application package will help a lot
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 1:57pm On Aug 01, 2015
bestestgirl:
Hi guys, so I have been a ghost viewer on this thread since I started an online programme and I intend to go for my grad grin. I must say that anyone who reads these pages does not need a travel agent at all. kudos to justwise and others.
Anyway my question is concerning validity of the passports; the time frame between the grad date and the expiration of my passport is about 4 months and I remember reading somewhere that you need at least six months validity. my question is that this requirement is not stated anywhere in the newly updated requirements found here https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/423699/2015_04_20_Visitor_Supporting_Documents_Guide_-_Final__2__-_CLEAN.pdf

Should I just take the risk and apply? or should I kukuma cancel my passport and do a fresh one?

Thanks Guys kiss

Renew your passport before making an application, 6 months validity is a general requirement

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 2:01pm On Aug 01, 2015
ArikeGZ:
Okay. Thank you.
Please how can she defend her cooperative contributions. she was due for some huge deposit this year and was paid 1m, she already has a letter from the cooperative on their letter head and her ID. She has been part of this cooperative for 22yrs.

That will do
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by askari01: 2:21pm On Aug 01, 2015
askari01:

Thank you Justwise, I have used wakanow as my search material, http://www.wakanow.com/NG/flights/listing.aspx?searchId=kywmidqfqnjpzgaz31olyfv3278466256 on the webpage there is even Royal Air Maroc,AT-554,Economy
U Class in September for 168,535 Naira... if that is being divided by 313= 536ponds. Presently shes having 420k in her account.

However, I tried checking for available date in August at the VI Center but all i can see are dates between 10th -14th and nothing more, but Ikeja dates too plenty. Do you know if they will still open the last week of August in V.I center just like that of Yankee /

@Justwise....Whats your take on this matter
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by OGreene: 3:48pm On Aug 01, 2015
I got this msg in my first application. I asked someone to help me pay wt GT card, but dey sent a screenshot wt dat error msg. But I didn't cancel. The next day, I funded my paga wallet, opened d site and paid myself. It went

[quote author=ArikeGZ post=36488814][/quote]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by OGreene: 3:51pm On Aug 01, 2015
Ok.

swizy:

I suggest you make use of the feedback and complaints form on the tls site. You will get a response on your enquiry. They responded to mine within an hour!

So, try it.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by PRYCE(m): 4:11pm On Aug 01, 2015
Hey Justwise! Good job you doing here!

Please few questions: I have an unconditional offer to Robert Gordon University Scotland. I'm on the verge of gaining scholarship by God's Grace! My question is when I get the funds into my account at a single drop won't it arouse suspicion? I mean I heard that you must have the needed amount in your account 6 months earlier.... meaning it can't be e.g 4 million OPENING and 4 million Closing. What am I to do in this case
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 8:07pm On Aug 01, 2015
PRYCE:
Hey Justwise! Good job you doing here!

Please few questions: I have an unconditional offer to Robert Gordon University Scotland. I'm on the verge of gaining scholarship by God's Grace! My question is when I get the funds into my account at a single drop won't it arouse suspicion? I mean I heard that you must have the needed amount in your account 6 months earlier.... meaning it can't be e.g 4 million OPENING and 4 million Closing. What am I to do in this case

That is false, you only need the money there for 28days before making your student visa application. You can deposit the money at once of bit by bit until you have the required amount then from that day start counting the 28days rule.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 8:08pm On Aug 01, 2015
askari01:

Thank you Justwise, I have used wakanow as my search material, http://www.wakanow.com/NG/flights/listing.aspx?searchId=kywmidqfqnjpzgaz31olyfv3278466256 on the webpage there is even Royal Air Maroc,AT-554,Economy
U Class in September for 168,535 Naira... if that is being divided by 313= 536ponds. Presently shes having 420k in her account.

However, I tried checking for available date in August at the VI Center but all i can see are dates between 10th -14th and nothing more, but Ikeja dates too plenty. Do you know if they will still open the last week of August in V.I center just like that of Yankee /

Absolutely no idea, you may have to check their website for opening times
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Beezus: 9:39pm On Aug 01, 2015
Beezus:

yeah, i made the same mistake as Brainybell. now for the commissions, which part of the form do u think is best 4 me 2 mention it?

@ Justwise: aside from my salary, I also earn commissions from my company which usually varies, where do you advise I put that in the form aside from the "additional information" section?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by travelland(f): 9:48pm On Aug 01, 2015
[quote author=iblaw post=36493420]

If you are applying for any visa your passport MUST have 6 months validity, if its less then get another passport and include both in your application but quite the new passport number on your application.[/quote

Hello, for UK visa application, 6mths validity is not a necessity.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 9:56pm On Aug 01, 2015
Beezus:

@ Justwise: aside from my salary, I also earn commissions from my company which usually varies, where do you advise I put that in the form aside from the "additional information" section?

That is the suitable place to put it.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by travelland(f): 9:59pm On Aug 01, 2015
kaverd:
@Justwise,
i have a problem,i applied for a uk visit visa this year and was refused entry into the country.now when i was filling out the forms i used my step fathers name and details when filling the forms though i explained why i did that on the form..but i have my biological fathers name on my passport because i used my birth certificate for it.truth be told i do not know my fathers DOB and hometown.so i want to ask if i can use my biological fathers name and assume his DOB and hometown or i should always use my step fathers when applying again and if i will not worry me much in future applications..and if the UKBA saves data about applicants or whether this is important..

Your advice is greatly need..Thanks and counting on your usual correspondence.God bless you smiley

If you don't know your father's real age it is not a crime. Simply write a short explanation in the space for additional information and write a default figure in the space for father's DOB.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by travelland(f): 10:07pm On Aug 01, 2015
kaverd:

I was refused on the basis of a huge lump of money that was in my step dads bank account which i used when applying and also on the basis of not providing enough evidence that i will return to my home country..
i just want to know if i can use my biological fathers name to fill my next application won't i get a ban for it since i used my step dads details for filling the first application?

You have to be consistent to increase your chances of getting the visa

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by travelland(f): 10:14pm On Aug 01, 2015
FrontPageLawyer:
Good day Justwise and Fellow Gurus.

My company has been invited by a UK engineering company for pre-inspection of equipment which we acquired for a university here in Nigeria under a Government contract.

The documents I have available are as follows:

(1) Invitation letter
(2) Marriage certificate
(3) Children birth certificates
(4) Wedding photographs
(5) Evidence of business activities
(6) Certificate of incorporation
(7) Company tax clearance certificate
(cool Personal Income Tax card.
(9) Statements of account for the last 6 months. (company)
(10) Hotel reservation.
(11) Explanatory details of how the trip will be beneficial to us.

Because my personal statement of account has only 400k. I have decided not to include it, but use the company's account for the trip. Please advise.

Thank you for your time and assistance.

You need to also add your personal account. Unfortunately it may affect you if you do not give substantial reason for the trip, as it is quite low, but is possible based on other factors.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by jobaltol: 12:42am On Aug 02, 2015
justwise:

What was the error that lead to the visa refusal?

Using a bizness account dt as more dan one signatory....*nd d money exceeded d personal income tax declared
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Portsmouth86(f): 1:10am On Aug 02, 2015
iblaw:

384 Pounds is a good price for just 2 hour stopover

apologies it was £365 odd

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Portsmouth86(f): 1:11am On Aug 02, 2015
iblaw:

@Portsmouth86

I beg i need flight for say 15th Sept return 30th Sept

Is that a return from Lagos or originating from London?

I found October was very cheap being off peak season, September the kids are on school summer holidays so prices are always sky hi.

try airlines such as
KLM (cheaper flights operated by Air France, which stop in Paris)
Iberia - (stop in Madrid)
Turkish Airlines (stop in Istanbul)
Royal Air Maroc (Stop in Casablanca)

The price of flights varies considerably depending on the month, day and even time of travel, Tuesdays and Wednesdays are generally the cheapest days, and Friday and Sunday are the most expensive. (Monday, Thursday, and Saturday are in the middle)

when checking you will also notice it is sometimes cheaper to take night time flights cheesy

Hope this helps,

Kind Regards

Karen

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 2:51am On Aug 02, 2015
justwise:

Ok that is fine but you need to include your company's account, tax certificate and the contract paper signed between you and the university then letter from the company in the UK

Thanks. God bless you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Portsmouth86(f): 5:51am On Aug 02, 2015
Iamoilprince:

sent u a pm.

opened in error tongue
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by PRYCE(m): 6:58am On Aug 02, 2015
justwise:

That is false, you only need the money there for 28days before making your student visa application. You can deposit the money at once of bit by bit until you have the required amount then from that day start counting the 28days rule.
wow that's a relief! God bless you! But can you elaborate more on the 'At Once' deposit?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by iblaw: 8:01am On Aug 02, 2015
Portsmouth86:

Is that a return from Lagos or originating from London?

I found October was very cheap being off peak season, September the kids are on school summer holidays so prices are always sky hi.

try airlines such as
KLM (cheaper flights operated by Air France, which stop in Paris)
Iberia - (stop in Madrid)
Turkish Airlines (stop in Istanbul)
Royal Air Maroc (Stop in Casablanca)

The price of flights varies considerably depending on the month, day and even time of travel, Tuesdays and Wednesdays are generally the cheapest days, and Friday and Sunday are the most expensive. (Monday, Thursday, and Saturday are in the middle)

when checking you will also notice it is sometimes cheaper to take night time flights cheesy

Hope this helps,

Kind Regards

Karen

Originating from Lagos

Is Iberia good with time? My first experience with Iberia was 2013 i was waiting for someone to arrive Lagos on Iberia, the flight was delayed and arrived Lagos Midnight instead of 8:45pm.

I will prefer KLM, Air France or Lufthansa and i want to travel in September not October. I have been using wakanow and each airline website to compare price. I love Qatar airways so much, used Qatar to Dubai and my last trip to London but the trip to London via Doha was tooooo long so i want a Europe transit.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by OGreene: 9:38am On Aug 02, 2015
Qatar Airways for London trip is too long. Sorry

August prices are not smiling. Am looking at Air France, Luftansa and Iberia

iblaw:

Originating from Lagos......

.......I love Qatar airways so much, used Qatar to Dubai and my last trip to London but the trip to London via Doha was tooooo long so i want a Europe transit.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 9:50am On Aug 02, 2015
PRYCE:
wow that's a relief! God bless you! But can you elaborate more on the 'At Once' deposit?

You can deposit the money at once in your account...the maintenance money and your school fees or maintenance money and some of your school fees if you have paid some deposit to the school.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 9:52am On Aug 02, 2015
jobaltol:

Using a bizness account dt as more dan one signatory....*nd d money exceeded d personal income tax declared

Ok
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 10:06am On Aug 02, 2015
jobaltol:
Good day

I recently won a masters scholarship to study in a skul in the UK. Five yrs ago, I was denied visa wen I wanted to attend the graduation of my cousin due to insufficient ties to Nigeria and bank statement errors.
Now,while filling d form online, there wasn't enough space to write out al d reasons for denial of visa den, so I was advised to write insufficient ties to Nigeria since d new scholarship doesn't need my personal bank statement...pls I hope, it isn't withdrawal of info...
Also, I was advised earlier on not to seek for accomodation in the skul because it is expensive, so I intend seeking for accomodation outside the campus. So if asked about where I intend staying in the UK, wat do u tink I shud tel dem at d visa office...

Lastly, I rounded up my Nigerian masters programme( did project defense)...but nt yet given certificate/statement of result to back it up...so if asked that wat av I bin doing since graduation, should I tel dem I just finished my masters programme... won't dey ask for documents to back it up...pls am eager for genuine answer...thanks
1. The space in the form is more than enough to state the two reasons why you were refused.

2. Temporary hotel accommodation until you get private accommodation

3. Awaiting results....but what result did you use to secure the admission?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by iyaaliyah: 10:10am On Aug 02, 2015
Goodmorning. Happy sunday to us all.
Pls I submitted my application at VI centre on Thursday. I expected a mail or sms atleast acknowledging my application but none since then.

Do I have any cause toworry?
Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (370) (371) (372) (373) (374) (375) (376) ... (426)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.