Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,769 members, 7,806,120 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:44 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (401) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (980037 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (398) (399) (400) (401) (402) (403) (404) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by omapere: 6:24pm On Sep 04, 2015
justwise:

What sort of visa?
Family visit
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 6:26pm On Sep 04, 2015
omapere:

Family visit

You don't have strong tie to Nigeria so i wouldn't encourage you to reapply now
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by msjaga: 6:29pm On Sep 04, 2015
justwise:

Will your company be sponsoring you?

No. My company will not. Its a personal endeavor. My coy however has provided a letter of introduction which indicates im their employee, my salary, designation, also that they are aware of my intentions, i have applied for and been granted an unpaid leave of absence for that purpose and indicates when the leave starts and when im expected to resume back at work. But i am sponsoring myself.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by omapere: 6:30pm On Sep 04, 2015
justwise:

You don't have strong tie to Nigeria so i wouldn't encourage you to reapply now
hmm. ..what if I have shares...
And any other alternative please I want to travel before my service in October. ..
Pleeeaaassseee
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 7:05pm On Sep 04, 2015
msjaga:

No. My company will not. Its a personal endeavor. My coy however has provided a letter of introduction which indicates im their employee, my salary, designation, also that they are aware of my intentions, i have applied for and been granted an unpaid leave of absence for that purpose and indicates when the leave starts and when im expected to resume back at work. But i am sponsoring myself.

I wouldn't want to discourage you but all i can advice is to increase your chances by adding a letter addressing the following points:

1. How the exam is linked to your current job.

2. Why you decided to do it in the UK and not other African countries that will cost you less

3. Why you decided to sponsor yourself considering how much it will take out of your salary within a short period of time
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 7:06pm On Sep 04, 2015
omapere:
hmm. ..what if I have shares...
And any other alternative please I want to travel before my service in October. ..
Pleeeaaassseee

I don't see how that will help when you are currently without a job. You can't spend your little savings on foreign trip without any strong source of income.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by msjaga: 7:10pm On Sep 04, 2015
justwise:

I wouldn't want to discourage you but all i can advice is to increase your chances by adding a letter addressing the following points:

1. How the exam is linked to your current job.

2. Why you decided to do it in the UK and not other African countries that will cost you less

3. Why you decided to sponsor yourself considering how much it will take out of your salary within a short period of time

Thanks justwise. I will do just that. But please what do you think about that bank statement. Will those monies be considered as lodgement? I need to clarify this; When you state that your income source is salary and you provide a salary account, does it mean that they dont want to see any other deposits apart from your salary?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 7:13pm On Sep 04, 2015
msjaga:

Thanks justwise. I will do just that. But please what do you think about that bank statement. Will those monies be considered as lodgement? I need to clarify this; When you state that your income source is salary and you provide a salary account, does it mean that they dont want to see any other deposits apart from your salary?

It will cause a problem if you failed to explain the source clearly and support that with paper evidence if you can but its important that you explain it
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by BABAOYIN: 7:16pm On Sep 04, 2015
OGreene:
Congratz!

You shud get a good deal (ticket) for that period. Jnr loading.....grin

I have already book ticket with Wakanow which allow me to pay money small small starting from N36,000k which is the initial payment for next 60 days...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by omapere: 7:58pm On Sep 04, 2015
justwise:

I don't see how that will help when you are currently without a job. You can't spend your little savings on foreign trip without any strong source of income.
My dad is sponsoring the trip. The whole thing plus the allowance.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 8:43pm On Sep 04, 2015
omapere:

My dad is sponsoring the trip. The whole thing plus the allowance.
Well this is your decision if you want to reapply I wouldn't discourage you, have given you my view
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by fashionicon: 9:15pm On Sep 04, 2015
Hello all
Pls I applied for uk visa 5 years ago n I was rejected. I was serving at the moment n one of the reasons they stated was that I was not financially stable here in d country. I currently working in a good company that is willing to write me a reference letter bit I do not have any letter of invitation or assets here in the country. I jt want to go on a vacation to the UK and come bk to my job.how do I go abt it without being rejected a second time
Pls help
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Portsmouth86(f): 2:06am On Sep 05, 2015
Hi all

I have asked my Landlady to write me a letter for the apartment that i rent, to specify that she is happy for my husband to live with me once he comes to the UK.

Are there any templates that anyone knows of, as she asked me what exactly is it that she needs to be writing, and if it is to me or to 'to whom it may concern'

please advise, or if anyone has a letter template, i could only locate ones online that indicated the applicant was already in the UK

Also is there any specific time period that the letter needs to be dated within from the date of application?
kind regards

Karen
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 9:29am On Sep 05, 2015
Portsmouth86:
Hi all

I have asked my Landlady to write me a letter for the apartment that i rent, to specify that she is happy for my husband to live with me once he comes to the UK.

Are there any templates that anyone knows of, as she asked me what exactly is it that she needs to be writing, and if it is to me or to 'to whom it may concern'

please advise, or if anyone has a letter template, i could only locate ones online that indicated the applicant was already in the UK

Also is there any specific time period that the letter needs to be dated within from the date of application?
kind regards

Karen

I really don't think there is any templates for it but if she got business letterhead it will be nice to write it on it.

Its simply confirming her full name, address of the property, the type of the property and that she has given her consent for you to live their with your hubby.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 9:57am On Sep 05, 2015
Ok will work it out. Thanks but since everyone is encouraging me to build my account myslef then I have to shift it to next year sad

OGreene:
You mentioned 2 weeks na undecided

Have u done d budget for 5 days to see if u hv enof to cover d expenses and hv something tangible left?

NOTE: the VO doesn't want you to empty ur account because of a mere trip smiley

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 1:06pm On Sep 05, 2015
Hi Everyone,

This Screenshot was taken from my TLScontact V/Island application status page 3 days ago. Although I paid for delivery by courier, I wasn't given a tracking number. I am still yet to get it my passport in Calabar. Will be leaving the country in 4 days time. I don't want to go to Lagos and be told it's been dispatched...
What do I do? Running dangerously out of time.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by iblaw: 8:10pm On Sep 05, 2015
shrinkhal:
Hi Everyone,

This Screenshot was taken from my TLScontact V/Island application status page 3 days ago. Although I paid for delivery by courier, I wasn't given a tracking number. I am still yet to get it my passport in Calabar. Will be leaving the country in 4 days time. I don't want to go to Lagos and be told it's been dispatched...
What do I do? Running dangerously out of time.

I guess this delay is from the courier company, i suggest you call TLS first thing Monday morning, hope someone can assist you with their phone number but next time anything courier always ask for tracking number.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Portsmouth86(f): 12:31am On Sep 06, 2015
justwise:

I really don't think there is any templates for it but if she got business letterhead it will be nice to write it on it.

Its simply confirming her full name, address of the property, the type of the property and that she has given her consent for you to live their with your hubby.

She only has the one apartment she lets, so doesn't have business letter headed paper, I will advise of what you said.

A few more things smiley ...

*I saw on another forum that a visa was refused because there was no property inspection report, is this required?

Letter from employer
* the person's employment and gross annual salary;
would this be: Travel consultant... Gross Salary £16426.68, plus Night Shift rate £2400.00, plus Incentive £variable
* the length of their employment- commenced 5th January 2015- Present
* the period over which they have been paid the level of salary relied upon in the application-
since 11th May 2015 (letter to show this)
* the type of employment(permanent, fixed-term contract or
agency). Permanent

What is it that my company need to specify, I have my employment contract and a letter for my salary increase in May.

Please advise, thank you

Karen
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by dlima: 7:14am On Sep 06, 2015
Good morning all, please I need some advise. I would like to visit my brothers sometime in December. Since it is a family visit do I still need an itinerary. Also shall I mention the fact that since 2013 when I travelled for one of their weddings they have had three babies between them which is the main reason for my visit.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 9:14am On Sep 06, 2015
Portsmouth86:

She only has the one apartment she lets, so doesn't have business letter headed paper, I will advise of what you said.

A few more things smiley ...

*I saw on another forum that a visa was refused because there was no property inspection report, is this required?

Letter from employer
* the person's employment and gross annual salary;
would this be: Travel consultant... Gross Salary £16426.68, plus Night Shift rate £2400.00, plus Incentive £variable
* the length of their employment- commenced 5th January 2015- Present
* the period over which they have been paid the level of salary relied upon in the application-
since 11th May 2015 (letter to show this)
* the type of employment(permanent, fixed-term contract or
agency). Permanent

What is it that my company need to specify, I have my employment contract and a letter for my salary increase in May.

Please advise, thank you

Karen

The property inspection thing is a bit of porkies, doesn't apply to your case.

Your employment contract and a letter of salary increase have enough info to justify your employment status and salary then you got your payslips as well.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 9:17am On Sep 06, 2015
dlima:
Good morning all, please I need some advise. I would like to visit my brothers sometime in December. Since it is a family visit do I still need an itinerary. Also shall I mention the fact that since 2013 when I travelled for one of their weddings they have had three babies between them which is the main reason for my visit.

Adding that will not harm your application
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ginger123: 4:50pm On Sep 06, 2015
I thank all the contributors to this great forum abeg I am about to apply for a family visit visa and the invitation from my sister carries her home address which is a one bedroom apartment she stays with her husband. Is it okay if she rents a place close by for me. I was just wondering if it would be a problem that I am applying for a family visit but will not be staying with the family member. Thank you all
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by liliana(f): 9:04pm On Sep 06, 2015
Oreskid:
Hello house, you guys are doing a great job here, have been reading this forum for long. I really need help on requirements for spouse visa but have rated my certificate by NARIC and got certificate and also done my TB test too Pls wat are the things I need to make my application and does my wife need to do anything from her end too. Thanks. Looking forward to replies

Hi,
There is a dedicated page for UK spouse applications. You will find all the information and advice you need there.
Goodluck
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by liliana(f): 9:13pm On Sep 06, 2015
ginger123:
I thank all the contributors to this great forum abeg I am about to apply for a family visit visa and the invitation from my sister carries her home address which is a one bedroom apartment she stays with her husband. Is it okay if she rents a place close by for me. I was just wondering if it would be a problem that I am applying for a family visit but will not be staying with the family member. Thank you all

Hi,

I am not too sure but since her address is on the invitation letter, I would leave it that way to make matters less complicated. What you decide to do with your sister re your accomodation is between you two. These are my thoughts. Others may have different ideas.
Goodluck with your application
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Oreskid: 9:39pm On Sep 06, 2015
Thanks for the reply, Pls can you give me the link to the page Pls
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by BABAOYIN: 9:51pm On Sep 06, 2015
Please, i know is off topic....Vicjustice or any good friend here should please post link of Canada Visa enquirer here for me, i need it for a friend...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ifegy: 4:36am On Sep 07, 2015
BABAOYIN:
Please, i know is off topic....Vicjustice or any good friend here should please post link of Canada Visa enquirer here for me, i need it for a friend...

https://www.nairaland.com/2557850/travelling-canada-part-9
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ginger123: 6:32am On Sep 07, 2015
@ liliana thanks. Any other opinions in the house?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by askari01: 1:19pm On Sep 07, 2015
Justwise, iblaw, vicjustice, Ogreen, etc... I am really scared now... I submitted on the 1st of September at ikeja centre and already concluded that at least it will take 10-15 days... but to my surprise, an email has been sent to my inbox since 4th september.... Just 3 days...this is unbelievable as I cannot even control my nerves again.... Pls what could have happened? Save me abegi...lol
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by askari01: 1:23pm On Sep 07, 2015
Justwise, iblaw, vicjustice, Ogreen, etc... I am really scared now... I submitted on the 1st of September at ikeja centre and already concluded that at least it will take 10-15 days... but to my surprise, an email has been sent to my inbox since 4th september.... Just 3 days... that a decision has been made and my package has been forwarded back to me....this is unbelievable as I cannot even control my nerves again.... Pls what could have happened? Save me abegi...lol
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by OGreene: 2:19pm On Sep 07, 2015
Lol. By now you shud be talking about going to pick ur passport from Teleperformance. It happens like that, some get a response within days, others takes weeks. It all differs.

So we await d good news 2moro.

askari01:
Justwise, iblaw, vicjustice, Ogreen, etc... I am really scared now... I submitted on the 1st of September at ikeja centre and already concluded that at least it will take 10-15 days... but to my surprise, an email has been sent to my inbox since 4th september.... Just 3 days...this is unbelievable as I cannot even control my nerves again.... Pls what could have happened? Save me abegi...lol

(1) (2) (3) ... (398) (399) (400) (401) (402) (403) (404) ... (426)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.