Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:03 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (407) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (980240 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (404) (405) (406) (407) (408) (409) (410) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Lexusgs430: 3:57pm On Sep 11, 2015
uniqyemi:

Don't know for now but we would find one online I guess.just want to know if it's ok to change from staying with our friend to hotel lodging.u know this is required in the visa application .

I asked the question simply because,it's either you are factoring hotel cost in your total spend or your friend is providing a letter regarding your shelter arrangements.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 4:11pm On Sep 11, 2015
aibisoye:
Good afternoon All,

My 6 month visa expired today sad sad sad sad

i want to apply for 2 yrs next month (october), but i discovered my passport will expire in early March 2016, counting from my proposed time of application October till Early march i have just 4 months passport validity. (All existiing Visas have expired to)

my questins:
Do i need to renew my passport before i apply or can i just apply bearing in mind my passport validity is not up to 6 mnths.
if i renew my passport I will hve 2 valid passports one to expire in early march the other sometime in 5 yrs?

@justwise @vicjustice @Iblaw @Ogreen Please help a brother
Your passport must have the minimum validity period of 6 months in order to use it for visa application.
Note: it is allowed to apply for a 10 years visa with a passport that has 6 months validity as it is tender-able and legitimate to have a valid visa on expired passport.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by aibisoye: 4:24pm On Sep 11, 2015
So I have to get a new passport,
Vicjustice:

Your passport must have the minimum validity period of 6 months in order to use it for visa application.
Note: it is allowed to apply for a 10 years visa with a passport that has 6 months validity as it is tender-able and legitimate to have a valid visa on expired passport.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 4:37pm On Sep 11, 2015
aibisoye:
So I have to get a new passport,
nai
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by aibisoye: 5:03pm On Sep 11, 2015
Vicjustice, by the time I'll be putting in my application by early November my passport will have a validity of of just 3 months.
Vicjustice:
nai
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by amakaffy: 5:17pm On Sep 11, 2015
November / december

iblaw:

Congrats!!!

Flight fare depends on month you intend to travel
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Annalise(f): 5:22pm On Sep 11, 2015
OGreene:
Lolzzz! grin @10 million. I knw u don't mean this

took me a while to know he was joking. Can she take 2 current accounts and one savings? Making it 3. Backdated to 6 months right? What documents do we need as evidence for source of funds?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 5:37pm On Sep 11, 2015
aibisoye:
Vicjustice, by the time I'll be putting in my application by early November my passport will have a validity of of just 3 months.
I thought you already asked the question and i answered appropriately, what is it that you didn't understand that you kept on asking the same question?

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by OGreene: 6:06pm On Sep 11, 2015
The prices wud hv dropped by Oct/Nov

amakaffy:
Allihamdulilai! I got my visiting visa ... Thanks to justwise n all the contributors here (may God bless u guys more ) .. Ve been a ghost reader grin for a while here ! I just come to read comment n apply it ! Pls guys I ve dis question how do I go abt my bookings (actually looking for cheap flight ooo)
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by iblaw: 7:39pm On Sep 11, 2015
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Boldruby: 8:01pm On Sep 11, 2015
amakaffy:
Allihamdulilai! I got my visiting visa ... Thanks to justwise n all the contributors here (may God bless u guys more ) .. Ve been a ghost reader grin for a while here ! I just come to read comment n apply it ! Pls guys I ve dis question how do I go abt my bookings (actually looking for cheap flight ooo)

Congrats
I tap into this good news. It would end in praise for me too.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Boldruby: 8:08pm On Sep 11, 2015
aibisoye:

Renew your passport. Your old passport would be 'Cancelled without prejudice'. Then when applying for your visa, attach both old and new passports together with a rubber band and submit both.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ezychris(m): 11:21am On Sep 12, 2015
Good morning gurus of the house and to every other person.
I'm new here. I am an ND graduate and I'm being invited to the UK by the family of a friend of mine for Christmas. Please, how do I go about it. Like what are the necessary things to be done that will possibly make me get a visiting visa for this Christmas.
Please guruz and everyone else in the house your urgent reply is required.
Cc
Justwise
Lexusgs430
Vicjustice
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 11:47am On Sep 12, 2015
ezychris:
I'm new here. I am an ND graduate and I'm being invited to the UK by the family of a friend of mine for Christmas. Please, how do I go about it. Like what are the necessary things to be done that will possibly make me get a visiting visa for this Christmas.
Cc
Justwise
Lexusgs430
Vicjustice

Firstly: If you are visiting a family friend, then you are not qualify for a family visitor visa, but you can apply for the General Visitor visa.

To qualify for a family visitor visa, you must be able to show that you’re visiting one of the following family members in the UK:

Spouse or Civil partner

Children

Parents or siblings

Grandparents or Grandchildren

Your spouse’s or Civil Partner’s Siblings or Parents

Your child’s spouse or civil partner

Step parents, step children or step siblings

A person you’ve been living with in a long-term relationship, as if you were married or in A civil partnership, for at least 2 years before the day you apply

Secondly: Do you have a job, married and children?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by iblaw: 1:01pm On Sep 12, 2015
ezychris:
Cc
Justwise
Lexusgs430
Vicjustice

Tell us more about yourself, are you married or single, working or job hunting etc, if working how much do you earn?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ezychris(m): 9:52pm On Sep 12, 2015
iblaw:

Tell us more about yourself, are you married or single, working or job hunting etc, if working how much do you earn?
Thank you for your response, I'm single and currently am working as an instructor in a school of health technology where I'm being paid 22k monthly.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ezychris(m): 9:56pm On Sep 12, 2015
FrontPageLawyer:

Firstly: If you are visiting a family friend, then you are not qualify for a family visitor visa, but you can apply for the General Visitor visa.

To qualify for a family visitor visa, you must be able to show that you’re visiting one of the following family members in the UK:

Spouse or Civil partner

Children

Parents or siblings

Grandparents or Grandchildren

Your spouse’s or Civil Partner’s Siblings or Parents

Your child’s spouse or civil partner

Step parents, step children or step siblings

A person you’ve been living with in a long-term relationship, as if you were married or in A civil partnership, for at least 2 years before the day you apply

Secondly: Do you have a job, married and children?
Thank you for your response.
I'm single and have no child. I'm currently working as an instructor in a school of health technology where I'm being paid 22k monthly.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 9:17am On Sep 13, 2015
ezychris:

I'm single and have no child. I'm currently working as an instructor in a school of health technology where I'm being paid 22k monthly.

It will be near impossible for you to get a visa in your situation because you have no economic, family and social ties.

Justwise and Vicjustice I lie?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ezychris(m): 10:16am On Sep 13, 2015
FrontPageLawyer:

It will be near impossible for you to get a visa in your situation because you have no economic, family and social ties.

Sorry bro, but what if a sponsor is involved?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 10:54am On Sep 13, 2015
ezychris:

The only problem you have now is to prove your relationship with that family friend inviting you, financial you wil be ok because you are only going to be spending money on ticket while accommodation and feeding is taken care of by your host.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 11:04am On Sep 13, 2015
justwise:

The only problem you have now is to prove your relationship with that family friend inviting you, financial you wil be ok because you are only going to be spending money on ticket while accommodation and feeding is taken care of by your host.

@Justiwise can he be sponsored as an adult knowing fully well the purpose of travel is for tourism?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 11:32am On Sep 13, 2015
FrontPageLawyer:

@Justiwise can he be sponsored as an adult knowing fully well the purpose of travel is for tourism?

It depends on who is sponsoring him and his relation to that person. If his host is paying for everything and he can proof that they are related with evidence then it increases his chances.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 11:50am On Sep 13, 2015
justwise:

It depends on who is sponsoring him and his relation to that person. If his host is paying for everything and he can proof that they are related with evidence then it increases his chances.

I've really learnt a lot here @ezychris hope this helps.

Thank you Justwise.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by eniboi(m): 12:08pm On Sep 13, 2015
@justwise

I need your help and guide on how to package my application. My Dad,Mum and 2 siblings are irish citizen living in ireland , but our last born his irish citizen by birth . I am the first born I stayed in Nigeria my Dad want me to come for a family visit to ireland , so Sir I want you to put me through on the requirements I will need.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 12:45pm On Sep 13, 2015
Woah congrats big 6
jbikes:
I got my 5 years UK Visa.

Thanks guys for your HELP.........PLENTY thanks @ justwise....
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ezychris(m): 12:45pm On Sep 13, 2015
FrontPageLawyer:

I've really learnt a lot here @ezychris hope this helps.

Thank you Justwise.
Yes i ve @frontpagelawyer. Thanks @justwise
Please your answers have generated a few questions.
1. what are the required documents i should get from my family friend showing that they invited me and are capable of accommodating and feeding me?
2. What documents do I need from my sponsor who is my maternal aunt showing she is related to me?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 1:19pm On Sep 13, 2015
ezychris:

1. what are the required documents i should get from my family friend showing that they invited me and are capable of accommodating and feeding me?
2. What documents do I need from my sponsor who is my maternal aunt showing she is related to me?

Please go through the link below, but don't hesitate to ask further questions if you're not clear.

https://www.nairaland.com/1181160/comprehensive-list-documents-required-visas
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by kennycanny: 1:21pm On Sep 13, 2015
ezychris:

Getting a visa to visit a family friend as an adult with a small salary ll be a very big mountain to climb I must tell you.

Your social and financial ties to Nigeria is not strong enough. unless u b a high risk taker, I ll suggest you wait till when things gets better.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 4:08pm On Sep 13, 2015
FrontPageLawyer:

You didn't lie, his circumstances are dead give-away.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by adenikie: 4:35am On Sep 14, 2015
Good morning my good people ooo

I got a mail from Visa info saying we have made a decision and it will dispatch from decision making center in Sheffield UK. You will get your package 3-5 days from this mail sent to you. The outcome can not be influenced or you application is under consideration.please report such to visafo#######

Am really scared just joined the forum
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by adenikie: 4:48am On Sep 14, 2015
BABAOYIN:
I just check my mail now, this is what they just sent to me below....

Dear AHMED OLALEKAN LAWAL

A decision has been made on your UK visa application. Your application will be despatched within 48 hrs. If anyone contacts you advising that your application is still under consideration or that they can influence the outcome of your application in any way, please disregard as they cannot. You should not expect to receive any further notification from this office.

Kind regards,

Lagos Visa Section

Reference: GWF037255046

Dear LAWAL AHMED OLALEKAN,

UK Visas & Immigration has now assessed your UK visa application and made a decision. Your documents and

the decision will be sent back to the either the UK Visa Application Centre where you applied, where we will

contact you by email over the next few days to collect them, or if you are using the courier return service, will

be sent directly back to the address you provided.

Please note that TLScontact does not know the outcome of the assessment and has played no role in the

decision-making process.

Kind regards,

TLScontact
UK VIsas & Immigration

I'M SUPER NERVOUS NOW.....

Babaoyin did you apply in Ikeja center or vi.... Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ezychris(m): 8:08am On Sep 14, 2015
kennycanny:

Getting a visa to visit a family friend as an adult with a small salary ll be a very big mountain to climb I must tell you.

Your social and financial ties to Nigeria is not strong enough. unless u b a high risk taker, I ll suggest you wait till when things gets better.
Alright bro, thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (404) (405) (406) (407) (408) (409) (410) ... (426)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.