Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,664 members, 7,805,755 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:24 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (414) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (980007 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (411) (412) (413) (414) (415) (416) (417) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by OGreene: 6:54pm On Sep 21, 2015
I got a map in London, d map has been helpful. Try using tfl.gov.uk to check wch bus/train to take and d duration. It easy to get around. We can sight-see London together, I hvnt done that yet.

FrontPageLawyer:

The cold is something else, bought two jackets already.

Don't even understand their road signs here. Make motor nor go jam person.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by iblaw: 9:09pm On Sep 21, 2015
Sunny4Gold:
I need someone to put me tru this question for UK visa

Question: total monthly income from savings and investment.

The Total income you make from Savings and investment annually, divide it by 12 then convert it to Pounds and input the figure.

Use the link below for conversation as that what the ECO will you

http://www.oanda.com/currency/converter/
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by iblaw: 9:14pm On Sep 21, 2015
FrontPageLawyer:
You hardly see blacks in Manchester.

I'm the only black in my hotel.

Might run to London after my meeting tomorrow.

Boredom wan finish me.

Eeyaaa

I arrive Manchester Friday morning and from my last stay in March i know my way around. Make sure you go to the City Centre before you leave Manchester, you will pass by blacks speaking Yoruba. I even heard two guys speaking Hausa in March.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by iblaw: 9:20pm On Sep 21, 2015
FrontPageLawyer:

That right hand wheel is a big problem, last time my cousin needed to change the location of two cars so he asked me to drive behind him, distance of about 1km, it was fun but funny as i kept taking my hands to the right to change gear meanwhile the gear is on my left. grin
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by iblaw: 9:26pm On Sep 21, 2015
OGreene:
Lucky you. I am still looking for an African kitchen in London.

The cold eh...

You definitely will get African Kitchen in London depending on where you stay...London is a VERY big place sha
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by BABAOYIN: 9:42pm On Sep 21, 2015
iblaw:

You definitely will get African Kitchen in London depending on where you stay...London is a VERY big place sha

If you are in Peckam or Woolwich you will see many African Kitchen there
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by bims87(f): 9:54pm On Sep 21, 2015
mosopefoluwa:
Good afternoon All,

Please I need advice on how to go about this.

A new tenant (close family friend) moved into my mums house mid this year and the rent was paid into my account. There was no tenancy agreement between us. The house is still in my mums name (Im her only child, havent done much about changing her name to mine on her properties)

How can I explain this in my statement of account.

I have a fairly good job.. earn a little over 300k monthly and that also reflects in my statement and can I use her house documents in my application (she didnt leave a will)

please advice

U can add her Death Certificate and explain she didn't leave a will
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by iblaw: 10:19pm On Sep 21, 2015
BABAOYIN:

If you are in Peckam or Woolwich you will see many African Kitchen there

Last time in a shop in Peckam, there was Yoyo Bitters, TomTom, Indomie etc all the Nigerian things.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by sabrinaqueenzy: 12:16am On Sep 22, 2015
iblaw:

ECO frown at inconsistencies in statement of account so thats the problem you might have

Thanks for your response @ iblaw.... Shuld i continue with the cash deposite like that till the 6month is completed..... Because i read in the forum that it is better to transfer from ur business acct to your personal acct instead of paying cash.. But i saw this infomation on this forum just yesterday,and i have gone a long way of paying my monthly salary cash into my personal acct... Please how do i explain the reason for my cash deposit to the Eco wen i want to apply? Or i dont need to explain since its me still pYing myself salary every month end... Please your advices will be appreciated( please note that the name of depositor is my business name stating: "xxxxxxxxx may salary" and i have done that till august salary, its just remaining sept and octber and i will apply immediately after paying november salary . Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 6:34am On Sep 22, 2015
@Ogreene once I'm done with meeting today, will PM you my digit. So we can make plans. I think It's wise I used this opportunity to sigh see London.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 6:48am On Sep 22, 2015
Justwise, Vicjustice, worry359, Lexusgs430, we remain loyal sirs, but cold want to finish your boys here.

Changing flight is really not easy, but it's fun. At least I saw Germany.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 7:02am On Sep 22, 2015
sabrinaqueenzy:

Thanks for your response @ iblaw.... Shuld i continue with the cash deposite like that till the 6month is completed..... Because i read in the forum that it is better to transfer from ur business acct to your personal acct instead of paying cash.. But i saw this infomation on this forum just yesterday,and i have gone a long way of paying my monthly salary cash into my personal acct... Please how do i explain the reason for my cash deposit to the Eco wen i want to apply? Or i dont need to explain since its me still pYing myself salary every month end... Please your advices will be appreciated( please note that the name of depositor is my business name stating: "xxxxxxxxx may salary" and i have done that till august salary, its just remaining sept and octber and i will apply immediately after paying november salary . Thanks

Do you have a company account? If yes, go to your bank at the end of every month or instruct your account officer to transfer your salary from your company's account to your personal/salary account and describe it as i:e (September 2015 Salary) it worked for me like magic. Paying cash even though you still describe the transfer is really not ideal, ECO still perceives it as money lodgement because anybody can collect cash from anyone or anywhere just for the purpose of this; but if it is coming directly from your Company's account it is assumed legitimate and shows your company's financial strength and don't forget your Company's Tax clearance and Personal Income Tax documents or receipt which are very important.

Good luck.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 7:14am On Sep 22, 2015
@askari01

How far?

Please don't feel dejected. I was issued after 6 Rejections. Just do as advised here and you'll be very fine. The ECOs are only doing their jobs and don't care how many rejections you've had. Until you get it right, no visa.

And for all those who think rejection stamp is a bad signal. You're very wrong. In my own opinion it gives you a better chance as long as you're consistent and realistic in your application.

God bless.

3 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Boldruby: 7:48am On Sep 22, 2015
FrontPageLawyer:

Hahahahahahahahahahaha
Have fun
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 10:44am On Sep 22, 2015
Quick Question Please.

I arrived through Manchester, but want to leave through London. Will redirect my flight at a cost.

Hope it's not a problem? Need to see the London Bridge and a visit to Stamford Bridge.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 12:55pm On Sep 22, 2015
FrontPageLawyer:
Justwise, Vicjustice, worry359, Lexusgs430, we remain loyal sirs, but cold want to finish your boys here.

Changing flight is really not easy, but it's fun. At least I saw Germany.

Cold in September?
Wait till January/February and then come back to testify.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by dapsycole: 2:34pm On Sep 22, 2015
Vic justice ,Justwise , iblaw ogreene and great gurus in the house.
I have been told that my passport is ready for collection but I have misplaced my application check list which form part of the documents to be presented at the point of collection, please what can I do?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by sabrinaqueenzy: 3:35pm On Sep 22, 2015
FrontPageLawyer:

Do you have a company account? If yes, go to your bank at the end of every month or instruct your account officer to transfer your salary from your company's account to your personal/salary account and describe it as i:e (September 2015 Salary) it worked for me like magic. Paying cash even though you still describe the transfer is really not ideal, ECO still perceives it as money lodgement because anybody can collect cash from anyone or anywhere just for the purpose of this; but if it is coming directly from your Company's account it is assumed legitimate and shows your company's financial strength and don't forget your Company's Tax clearance and Personal Income Tax documents or receipt which are very important.

Good luck.

Thanks alot may God enhance ur knowledge...
Yes i have a business account.....but i still havent gotten an answer for my question... I have deposited 250k cassh for may, june,july, august,am yet to pay september n october salary.. So my question is shuld i do transfer from my business acct to my personal account or i shuld just complete the remaining 2months paying 250k cash at the bank.And which ever one your advice is... Please help me with what i will write to the Eco as my reason for paying cash or why i paid in cash for 4months and transfer in 2months... Am applying november... Thanks n God bless
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by OGreene: 4:44pm On Sep 22, 2015
Vicjustice, this 11 degrees is something else. I no wan near snow be that ooo angry

Vicjustice:

Cold in September?
Wait till January/February and then come back to testify.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 4:46pm On Sep 22, 2015
dapsycole:
Vic justice ,Justwise , iblaw ogreene and great gurus in the house.
I have been told that my passport is ready for collection but I have misplaced my application check list which form part of the documents to be presented at the point of collection, please what can I do?

Get a sworn affidavit and police report, proceed to the office with your identification card or a photocopy of your passport.

Don't forget to include your GWF number on the sworn affidavit.

All the best.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 4:59pm On Sep 22, 2015
sabrinaqueenzy:

Thanks alot may God enhance ur knowledge...
Yes i have a business account.....but i still havent gotten an answer for my question... I have deposited 250k cassh for may, june,july, august,am yet to pay september n october salary.. So my question is shuld i do transfer from my business acct to my personal account or i shuld just complete the remaining 2months paying 250k cash at the bank.And which ever one your advice is... Please help me with what i will write to the Eco as my reason for paying cash or why i paid in cash for 4months and transfer in 2months... Am applying november... Thanks n God bless

Interesting. Then transfer your September and October Salary directly from your account.

Don't forget you'll need the Company's Tax clearance Cert. and your personal Income Tax card or Document.

If your statement does not show ""cash deposit" fine, otherwise you'll have to explain to the ECO why you chose to pay your salary in cash which shouldn't be a big problem as long as your company is tax compliance.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by sabrinaqueenzy: 7:01pm On Sep 22, 2015
FrontPageLawyer:

Interesting. Then transfer your September and October Salary directly from your account.

Don't forget you'll need the Company's Tax clearance Cert. and your personal Income Tax card or Document.

If your statement does not show ""cash deposit" fine, otherwise you'll have to explain to the ECO why you chose to pay your salary in cash which shouldn't be a big problem as long as your company is tax compliance.

Well understood thanks Alot

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by askari01: 9:16am On Sep 23, 2015
FrontPageLawyer:
@askari01

How far?

Please don't feel dejected. I was issued after 6 Rejections. Just do as advised here and you'll be very fine. The ECOs are only doing their jobs and don't care how many rejections you've had. Until you get it right, no visa.

And for all those who think rejection stamp is a bad signal. You're very wrong. In my own opinion it gives you a better chance as long as you're consistent and realistic in your application.

God bless.

Thanks jare My brother, I dey feel u and Ogreen, we suppose dey rock JD together now but all glory to God. I am coupling my docs so I can apply in december... I have told my boss to pay my salary from the company's account... and I can apply next year Feb. Enjoy ur trip bro and greet Jose Mourinho for me... cheers
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Sunny4Gold: 10:25am On Sep 23, 2015
UK visa application
Pls I need explanation on how to sign the sign declaration section online. I don't know how to do it online.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Sunny4Gold: 11:58am On Sep 23, 2015
Is it possible to cancel UK visa application that has been submitted?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 12:48pm On Sep 23, 2015
askari01:

Thanks jare My brother, I dey feel u and Ogreen, we suppose dey rock JD together now but all glory to God. I am coupling my docs so I can apply in december... I have told my boss to pay my salary from the company's account... and I can apply next year Feb. Enjoy ur trip bro and greet Jose Mourinho for me... cheers

It's well bro. Would have loved to watch the weekend game in London, but redirecting my flight from Manchester to London will cost me N162,650, so will rather see Manchester's match tonight and proceed to Lagos tomorrow.

Bless you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by colegold100: 1:25pm On Sep 23, 2015
GOOD NEW.!
House after refusal of visa of my wife and daughter in August.. we reapplied and guess what, they just got the visa! wink smileyTANX to everyone on this platform. .justwise ogreene iblaw, ***lawyer, justice and everyone that contributed.
Tanx all
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 1:45pm On Sep 23, 2015
colegold100:
GOOD NEW.!
House after refusal of visa of my wife and daughter in August.. we reapplied and guess what, they just got the visa! wink smileyTANX to everyone on this platform. .justwise ogreene iblaw, ***lawyer, justice and everyone that contributed.
Tanx all

Congratulations!!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by colegold100: 7:53pm On Sep 23, 2015
Tanx frontpagelawyer
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 8:43pm On Sep 23, 2015
Sunny4Gold:
Is it possible to cancel UK visa application that has been submitted?

Why do you want to cancel?

Have you made payment online?

Answer the questions above and let's start from there.

(1) (2) (3) ... (411) (412) (413) (414) (415) (416) (417) ... (426)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.