Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,911 members, 7,802,962 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:28 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (420) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (979734 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (417) (418) (419) (420) (421) (422) (423) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by travelland(f): 11:18am On Oct 02, 2015
sabrinaqueenzy:

Thanks alot at travelland
I really appreciate your reply, the bank said dey cant do anything about it, I will just try my luck with the statement like that and back it up with prayers..
Please how do i go about getting ,personal income tax, i want to apply and make payment... Because i want to use it to apply for uk visa by first week of next month... Hope it wont be an issue by the Eco .. That am just applying for tax prior to my visa application
And how much will be the tax payable from 250k monthly.. Thanks alot

My prayers are with you. No, it won't be an issue as long as your payment is up to date

Please visit this link to help you with information on tax
https://www.nairaland.com/783535/how-get-company-tax-clearance
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by travelland(f): 11:22am On Oct 02, 2015
veeveezu:
Hello house, I'm new to this forum but have been reading the posts. I was refused a visa to the UK last month due to insufficient funds, I work with a good coy. How soon can I reapply? Pls can I get a sample of a cover letter to aid my reapplication?

UK Embassy will not stop you from reapplying even if you decide to apply the next day(unless otherwise stated in your refusal notice), but you need to address the issue of refusal if you don't intend to waste your visa fee.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ToyinNick: 11:34am On Oct 02, 2015
Oh Ok thanks so much, do appreciate your time and effort.
Yes my partner has submitted the TB, Passport, Application form and financial req form in Lagos. Widgets wondering if it's the right address.
Secondly, I submitted on Saturday 26th Sept, they received on Monday 28th, and when I tracked the royal mail, it says it's been signed by a dude called Mckenzie. I was wondering why I have not received an email yet to say that they have received my documents. Is that meant to be or it's something I need to worry about?
I am really worried and I don't know, and my partner told me that they told him in Nigeria, that I need to receive the feedback within 2wks, and it's gonna be 2weeks next week. Just curious
Hoping to hear from you soon

Its the same address you have but remember that you need to submit the completed form and TB result first at visa center in Nigeria and ask them things you need to be sending to Sheffield because your sponsor will be sending the main documents to Sheffield from the UK.[/quote]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ToyinNick: 11:37am On Oct 02, 2015
The reason I was entertaining doubt was because I saw another address online called Vulcan House, thats why

Also, I submitted on Saturday 26th Sept, they received on Monday 28th, and when I tracked the royal mail, it says it's been signed by a dude called Mckenzie. I was wondering why I have not received an email yet to say that they have received my documents. Is that meant to be or it's something I need to worry about?
I am really worried and I don't know, and my partner told me that they told him in Nigeria, that I need to receive the feedback within 2wks, and it's gonna be 2weeks next week. Just curious
Hoping to hear from you soon

The address is correct, why are you entertaining doubts about it [/i][/quote]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by OGreene: 1:39pm On Oct 02, 2015
Page 419.

Jus passing by cool

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by sabrinaqueenzy: 2:04pm On Oct 02, 2015
FrontPageLawyer:

Same thing my banker told me, but I insisted it MUST be done my way. My monthly salary always read i:e September 2015 Salary from XYZ Company Limited. You are the CEO of your company, write a VERY powerful cover letter and be truthful about it.

As for your personal income tax, this is important, go to your state inland revenue service, meet with a consultant, you'll be asked about your monthly earnings from where your income tax will be determined.
Thanks alot @ frontpagelawyer
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by pizonewave: 2:24pm On Oct 02, 2015
I really want to say a deep and heartfelt thank you to everyone (iblaw, blessedfavored, Justwise and the whole thread crew) Your advise and direction, truly are God's gift. indeed he who ask's questions wont get lost. I sent in my application as i said i would, and got the Visa! I am grateful to God, and thankful he lead me here. God bless you all.
justwise:

1. The bank statement has to be your salary account and if you have other payment other than your salary then you need to explain it.

2. Family pictures will help your application

3. Add your property, car documents if you have one.

4. Mini-budget of what the trip will cost you....booking a flight is not necessary but add the actual cost in your budget.

5. Outline things you tend to do in the UK within that period.

You don't need to add any prove of tax payment unless you own the company.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ToyinNick: 2:24pm On Oct 02, 2015
Thanks just wise, please do you know how long the processing takes? I submitted my docs to sheffield on sat 26, and they received it on mon 28th cos I tracked it via royal mail. But I have not received the email to say that my documents have been received from the UKBA.
Just worried
Toyin

Its the same address you have but remember that you need to submit the completed form and TB result first at visa center in Nigeria and ask them things you need to be sending to Sheffield because your sponsor will be sending the main documents to Sheffield from the UK.[/quote]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by sabrinaqueenzy: 2:39pm On Oct 02, 2015
Hello visa Gurus in the house
I intend to apply for uk tourist visa by first week of november ... Am stating that am going for xmas holls.. And am sponsoring myself because am self employed.. Here is the list of document i intend to submit
1.LAWMA BILL PAYMENT RECIEPT
2.IKEJA LOCAL GOVERNMENT SHOP PERMIT RECIEPT
3.LASAA PAYMENT RECEIPT
4.PERSONAL TAX CLEARANCE
5.CAC CERTIFICATE
6.RECEIPT FROM GOODS PURCHASED FROM THE MARKET
7.6MONTHS ACCOUNT BALANCE ( no lump sum, its just my consistent salary)
8.FlIGHT BOOKING
9.HOTEL RESERVATION
10. PICTURE OF MY SHOP and what i sell
11.MY SHOP PAYMENT RECEIPT
12.MY SHOP TENANCY AGREEMENT
13.MY COMPANY ID CARD
14.MY LETTER OF INTRODUCTION
PLEASE; if there is anyother information that will improve my application... Please help me share them. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by awumen: 3:46pm On Oct 02, 2015
vicjustice and all, i intend to apply for a UK visa (5 years), however i have changed job in the month of august, 2015. by November when i plan to apply my bank statement from the new job wont be up to 6 months, what do you advise? secondly,do i need to include my resignation letter from the previous coy?what about the letter of acceptance of resignation? please advise.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ToyinNick: 4:23pm On Oct 02, 2015
Hi Justwise,

Oh Ok thanks so much, do appreciate your time and effort.
Yes my partner has submitted the TB, Passport, Application form and financial req form in Lagos. Wondering if it's the right address.
Secondly, I submitted on Saturday 26th Sept, they received on Monday 28th, and when I tracked the royal mail, it says it's been signed by a dude called Mckenzie. I was wondering why I have not received an email yet to say that they have received my documents. Is that meant to be or it's something I need to worry about?
Also, I called one of the adviser and he told me it's meant to be Vulcan house, that is the reason why I am worried. Can you please tell me the difference between the two address?
justwise:

Its the same address you have but remember that you need to submit the completed form and TB result first at visa center in Nigeria and ask them things you need to be sending to Sheffield because your sponsor will be sending the main documents to Sheffield from the UK.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nycc: 4:48pm On Oct 02, 2015
HELLO JUSTWISE
my name is naomi,thanks for all the questions u have responded to based on PBS TIER 4 VISA
Please i would like your advice on my situation.i have an offer at university of bedsfordshire united kingdom and my latest course start date is november 24th 2015.i have my fees but the challenge is the maintenance .my husband and 10 months old baby will be going along with me as dependants .now concerning the maintenance timing is an issue but my agent said if i can get the money into my mother's account and my husband gets his into his dad's account ,we wouldnt need to wait up to 28 days to apply.please how true is his claim.i need your response urgently.thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by veeveezu: 5:31pm On Oct 02, 2015
@ogreen n travelland tanks for the response.

I had a balance of N300,000 in my account and 550,000 in an investment savings account. I had a budget of £1100 cos I had flight and accommodation to be covered by a friend. They did not acknowledge the funds in the investment acct. I have liquidated about N400,000 from the investment so I have a balance of 790,000 currently.
I applied in VI center can I change to change to ikeja , do you think this is sufficient as I intend to state I will be travelling in dec?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by bims87(f): 6:43pm On Oct 02, 2015
Nycc:
HELLO JUSTWISE
my name is naomi,thanks for all the questions u have responded to based on PBS TIER 4 VISA
Please i would like your advice on my situation.i have an offer at university of bedsfordshire united kingdom and my latest course start date is november 24th 2015.i have my fees but the challenge is the maintenance .my husband and 10 months old baby will be going along with me as dependants .now concerning the maintenance timing is an issue but my agent said if i can get the money into my mother's account and my husband gets his into his dad's account ,we wouldnt need to wait up to 28 days to apply.please how true is his claim.i need your response urgently.thanks

That's not true! The money must be in the account (whether urs or parents') for 28days. But u can print immediately if the money in the account covers the maintenance fee n the account balance never dropped lesser than the required amount in the last 28 days.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 9:26pm On Oct 02, 2015
sabrinaqueenzy:
Hello visa Gurus in the house
I intend to apply for uk tourist visa by first week of november ... Am stating that am going for xmas holls.. And am sponsoring myself because am self employed.. Here is the list of document i intend to submit
1.LAWMA BILL PAYMENT RECIEPT
2.IKEJA LOCAL GOVERNMENT SHOP PERMIT RECIEPT
3.LASAA PAYMENT RECEIPT
4.PERSONAL TAX CLEARANCE
5.CAC CERTIFICATE
6.RECEIPT FROM GOODS PURCHASED FROM THE MARKET
7.6MONTHS ACCOUNT BALANCE ( no lump sum, its just my consistent salary)
8.FlIGHT BOOKING
9.HOTEL RESERVATION
10. PICTURE OF MY SHOP and what i sell
11.MY SHOP PAYMENT RECEIPT
12.MY SHOP TENANCY AGREEMENT
13.MY COMPANY ID CARD
14.MY LETTER OF INTRODUCTION
PLEASE; if there is anyother information that will improve my application... Please help me share them. Thanks

Most of the documents you listed are inconsequential, but no amount of document is too much for the ECO to play with.

Please also include;

Company Tax Clearance as a bussiness owner
Company statement of account
Evidence of business activities ( Business receipts, contract documents e.t.c)
Marriage Certificate, if married
Children Birth Certificate, if avaialble

Questions:

How much will be the closing balance in your personal/salary account during that period?
How much are you budgeting towards the trip? ( Flight, Transportation, Feeding, Accomodation)

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 9:40pm On Oct 02, 2015
veeveezu:

I had a balance of N300,000 in my account and 550,000 in an investment savings account. I had a budget of £1100 cos I had flight and accommodation to be covered by a friend. They did not acknowledge the funds in the investment acct. I have liquidated about N400,000 from the investment so I have a balance of 790,000 currently.
I applied in VI center can I change to change to ikeja , do you think this is sufficient as I intend to state I will be travelling in dec?

First, you need to be detailed about your refusal. It is insufficient to just give a line or two.

Secondly, since your friend is paying for flight and accomodation, what then is the £1,100 for?

Let us have details of your expenditure for your stay in the UK. This is to be assessed for correction if need be.

You are welcome to submit at either of the application centers, but note that Ikeja requires additional N18,000 which is included in the visa fee but faster.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by uuspace(m): 10:30pm On Oct 02, 2015
awumen:
vicjustice and all, i intend to apply for a UK visa (5 years), however i have changed job in the month of august, 2015. by November when i plan to apply my bank statement from the new job wont be up to 6 months, what do you advise? secondly,do i need to include my resignation letter from the previous coy?what about the letter of acceptance of resignation? please advise.

Hi, If you want to include resignation letter and co , you can, but what is more important is your offer letter from the new company, letter of introduction from the new company stating that you are their staff and that you are approved to go on leave at the time you said you would travel.Though flags will be raised on how you are already entitled to annual leave when you have not worked up to 6 months.

If i may ask, do u have an expired visa or have you been to the UK, before now,cos your questions seems to that of a first timer.I hope you know for u to apply for 5 years Visa, you must have been issued and u have used a 6 months and probably 2 years visa.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by travelland(f): 11:26pm On Oct 02, 2015
veeveezu:

They acknowledge liquid funds over fixed deposit, this is why you are asked to submit your mandatory six months account statement. Since the funds in your account was not up to the amount you stated for your trip, you gave them concrete reasons to refuse your visa application. Like Frontpagelawyer adviced you earlier, you need to be more detailed about your previous application so we can help you. Are you a business man or an employee, how much is your monthly income?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by travelland(f): 11:35pm On Oct 02, 2015
Nycc:
HELLO JUSTWISE

If you have a sponsor the money should be in his or her account for 28 days. Time it such that the date of printing your account is not too far from the submission date(one to two weeks) preferably.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by shakarababie(f): 1:31am On Oct 03, 2015
Hello guys. Please I need help. I moved back to Nigeria in February after 2 years in the U.K. Studying. I want to apply for a visiting visa and a my issue here is, I haven't gotten a job and I plan to do my nysc next year. Is it okay if I use my dads bank statement to apply? And what documents do I submit please. Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Portsmouth86(f): 3:36am On Oct 03, 2015
Hey all

Apologies i have been away, not been well had 2 weeks of sick from my work sad with really bad anxiety, all well now though.

Im nearing for hubby to submit which is next month (jeez that seems weird saying next month ha ha)

Few questions:

i) Does hubby need a copy of our marriage certificate to submit in Nigeria, since I have it in the UK with me and Ikoyi wont issue a copy?

ii) My payslips are all online, they have the company logo etc, do I need these to be stamped too? (I am supplying payslips from April 2014 to the most recent) My bank have agreed to stamp my online ones, but did say HO should accept them.

iii) What is the website address to start the application?

iiii) Please can you advise me of what happens once hubby has filled out the application online, and is it worth to pay for the priority service?

Thank you

Karen
(10 days till I am in Lagos, to see hubby whoopie)
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by veeveezu: 8:06am On Oct 03, 2015
Thank you front page lawyer, I had an introductory letter from a family friend which stated we would be travelling together during my annual leave. He had hotel reservation for the period though it was in his name only also he gave me a rebated ticket from his coy which I also submitted. I work with for an organisation and earn above #200,000 monthly. I didn't want to move any large amounts into my account prior my application hence the reason I submitted the statement from the investment acct. I stated that the funds were available at my request though. Please see the breakdown below

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by sabrinaqueenzy: 9:38am On Oct 03, 2015
FrontPageLawyer:

Most of the documents you listed are inconsequential, but no amount of document is too much for the ECO to play with.

Please also include;

Company Tax Clearance as a bussiness owner
Company statement of account
Evidence of business activities ( Business receipts, contract documents e.t.c)
Marriage Certificate, if married
Children Birth Certificate, if avaialble

Questions:

How much will be the closing balance in your personal/salary account during that period?
How much are you budgeting towards the trip? ( Flight, Transportation, Feeding, Accomodation)

Thanks Alot
I have 1.450,000 as closing bal in my savings acct.
And want to use 900k for the trip
I dont have much in my business acct i have 400k in the account
I have Tin number but i havent been paying tax
But will start paying from this month

I dont have personal tax clearance because my income is too high (250k monthly)and paying tax with that income monthly is 35k monthly and am to pay for 3years which is high
Question
I dont know if i will be fine with just my firs tax clearance ?
Shuld i submit my business account statement?
Please note that: i transfer money from my personal acct to my business account then to my salary account.. Not all the time thou
Shuld i submit all three statement
Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 10:14am On Oct 03, 2015
veeveezu:
Thank you front page lawyer, I had an introductory letter from a family friend which stated we would be travelling together during my annual leave. He had hotel reservation for the period though it was in his name only also he gave me a rebated ticket from his coy which I also submitted. I work with for an organisation and earn above #200,000 monthly. I didn't want to move any large amounts into my account prior my application hence the reason I submitted the statement from the investment acct. I stated that the funds were available at my request though. Please see the breakdown below

Your budget is not realistic. I'll advise you do a more realistic budget in your next application and if your friend is paying for your flight and accommodation, there should be a paper evidence attached to your application including his own statement of account.

If flight and accommodation is settled by your friend, then spending £1,100 for eight days trip is imprudent while you have N324,360 in your bank account.

The ECO is not convince you'll return back at the end of your visit regardless of your job since you've decided to spend all you have in your account.

I'll advise you take time to build your bank statement and if you must liquidate your investment, there should be a paper evidence from the bank, then do a more realistic budget towards your next application.

For eight days trip, keep your budget low as stated below;
What is the cost to you personally of your trip in GBP: £550

The total amount of money you have for this trip: £1,450
The cost of the aeroplane, boat or train: £500
The cost of accommodation: £400
The Cost of your living Expenses: £300
Is someone other than you paying for all or part of your trip? Yes
Please select what the relationship is of the person who is contributing to the payment for your trip: ( your friend's name in full)
How much will they be paying towards your trip: (sum Accomodation + Flight and input the figure in GBP£900)
Explain why they are paying towards the cost of the trip( do the explanation with paper evidence attached)
What is the total amount in GBP£ ( sum Accommodation + Flight £900)

In a separate sheet attached to your application form, write your GWF reference number and give a breakdown of your Expenditure for the eight days trip.

Feeding £300
Transportation £250
Flight £500
Accommodation £400

Then it is clear to the ECO that you are spending just £550 from your own account for the trip from the total £1,450 since your friend is paying £900 for flight and accommodation, but you must explain and be able to convince the ECO why your friend is paying for your flight and accommodation.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 10:34am On Oct 03, 2015
sabrinaqueenzy:

Thanks Alot
I have 1.450,000 as closing bal in my savings acct.
And want to use 900k for the trip
I dont have much in my business acct i have 400k in the account
I have Tin number but i havent been paying tax
But will start paying from this month

I dont have personal tax clearance because my income is too high (250k monthly)and paying tax with that income monthly is 35k monthly and am to pay for 3years which is high
Question
I dont know if i will be fine with just my firs tax clearance ?
Shuld i submit my business account statement?
Please note that: i transfer money from my personal acct to my business account then to my salary account.. Not all the time thou
Shuld i submit all three statement
Thanks

You can't spend 900k from 1.450. That is a red flag.

Do a realistic and mini budget;

If it's your first application and you plan to stay in a hotel, my advice is plan for 7-10 days stay and do a budget breakdown which should include places of interest.

Flight: 170k
Accommodation 130k
Feeding 80k
Transportation 50k

Don't budget more than 500k

For your personal income tax clearance, you can talk to a tax consultant at your state inland revenue office and you won't pay up to 35k monthly.

The closing balance in your company's statement of account is not a problem, however you must show evidence of your business activities and also your company tax clearance is used to evaluate your business, so it is important.

You can submit all three statements of account, no amount of document is too much for ECOs to handle, but they must be relevant.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Mixshantel: 11:55am On Oct 03, 2015
Hello every one i need your Advice
Last year november i apply for a uk visa, i was a student and run my own personal business, i submitted all documents to back that up, thou they agreed i was a student but i was refused based on the fact that my total balance doesnt reflect my income(though my account was not organized)
I reapplied a week later and was refused based on the fact that i didnt state what i will be doing whilst in the Uk with my time, no proper intenary and that i didnt state where i have been buying my goods before i decide to go and buy in the uk( i actually gave them receipt of purchased goods and i stated that i have traved to Dubia)
After that i waited for a year... Here are my issues
My uncle runs a show every year in the Uk and i want to go with them this time.
He said i can join them ,and that he will give me a work position with his crew..
Now my question is?
How do i address my previous refusal prior to this recent circumstances
Do i state that i am a graduate now and i work with xyz company now
Wont dey be borthered of my previous business?
Or state that i work with xyz company as part time and still run my business, because someone is managing it for me while i will be away... Please i need your urgent answer or suggestions
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by veeveezu: 1:15pm On Oct 03, 2015
@frontpagelawyer thank you so much.

I intend to state I will be travelling in Jan 2016 and will cover all expenses this time around. I have made a hotel reservation for the period for £360, please can you help with a breakdown of the expenses I should state bearing in mind my account balance of # 790,000. I will also get evidence of liquidation from the investment coy.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 2:20pm On Oct 03, 2015
veeveezu:
@frontpagelawyer thank you so much.

I intend to state I will be travelling in Jan 2016 and will cover all expenses this time around. I have made a hotel reservation for the period for £360, please can you help with a breakdown of the expenses I should state bearing in mind my account balance of # 790,000. I will also get evidence of liquidation from the investment coy.

For how many days?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by veeveezu: 4:32pm On Oct 03, 2015
@frontpagelawyer for 9 days
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 7:37pm On Oct 03, 2015
veeveezu:
@frontpagelawyer for 9 days

Your closing balance won't look good, but however you can go ahead with your application as there are other factors that will be considered by the ECO. Having said that, you should do a mini budget. You can also reduce your stay to 7days.

Do a detailed budget for a 7days trip so we can compare it with your closing balance.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by rdesigns(f): 10:52pm On Oct 03, 2015
pls need advice.
I hv a valid 2yr visiting uk visa which I got late last yr...and also used for a 2wk visit.
now I intend to go for a 6months course......am I free to do that?...what do I say at the point of entry?
am wondering if its legal to use the visiting visa to attend a course/training/school for 6months
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Lexusgs430: 11:40pm On Oct 03, 2015
rdesigns:
pls need advice.
I hv a valid 2yr visiting uk visa which I got late last yr...and also used for a 2wk visit.
now I intend to go for a 6months course......am I free to do that?...what do I say at the point of entry?
am wondering if its legal to use the visiting visa to attend a course/training/school for 6months

What sort of course? Would your passport be requested pre-registration?
It's not an appropriate visa(your visa could be nullified)
Incase you chance it and questioned, don't mention the C word!!!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (417) (418) (419) (420) (421) (422) (423) ... (426)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.