Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,768 members, 7,806,115 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:39 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (423) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (980035 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (420) (421) (422) (423) (424) (425) (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 11:45am On Oct 06, 2015
Davdar:
Hello Justwise

Am new to the and I need advice. My husband did his UK spouse visa application in Ghana and I sent my document to Sheffield. He went for interview but am in UK but wasn't called for interview is it a normal process? Is 3 months now and he got email on Friday saying a decision has been made with VAF as reference number? Does it mean granted or refused and also I just recieved the documents I sent to them back yesterday and all the documents he submitted in Ghana has all been sent to me. Is that normal? Am really confused and worried. Any advice or has anyone here had some experience and what was the outcome.

Thank you

You don't have to be called for an interview, sometimes they decide to interview just one partner.

Email with Ref means nothing...does not mean refusal or issued.

Yes they do send back all documents submitted and then contact you later for the actual decision so wait until you hear from them but it will be too long
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by veeveezu: 11:55am On Oct 06, 2015
@ogreene thanks for the response I have about 790,000 in my account.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by OGreene: 12:00pm On Oct 06, 2015
And 400k in investment?

veeveezu:
@ogreene thanks for the response I have about 790,000 in my account.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by veeveezu: 12:05pm On Oct 06, 2015
@ogreene I have liquidated the investment and transferred the funds to my account
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ToyinNick: 12:12pm On Oct 06, 2015
Justwise, I just called one of the Sheffield staff, and he told me it is S3 8NU, They told me to collect it from where I sent it to and resend it to them. Please have you gone through this process before to be sure that it is S3 8WA? Cos when they checked their system, they could not find the documents on their system to show that they've not received it. Please help me!!!
justwise:

S3 8WA Is their post code, there is no specific time/ date for receiving acknowledgment email or letter
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 12:27pm On Oct 06, 2015
Hi just wise and all d gurus...pls am filling the income and expenditure part of the form...
I am the one sponsoring for I and my hubby

1.For cost of aeroplane,boat and train....pls what do I fill...is it realistic to fill 150k for flight? Or shld I increase it?

2. Cost of accommodation...I booked a hotel for 352 pounds for 9days

3.cost of living expenses...am a bit confused as to what to fill?

Pls help a sister!!!
Thanks while awaiting your responses
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by wunmi38: 12:40pm On Oct 06, 2015
I WANT TO FILL APPLICATION TO ATTEND A CONFERENCE IN THE UK FOR ONE WEEK WHICH OF THE FOLLOWING SHOUL I CHOOSE WHEN FILLING THE FORM VISIT OR STUDY WHEN FILLING MY FORM. IT SPONSOURED BY TETFUND FOR MY SCHOOL AM A LECTURER
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 12:50pm On Oct 06, 2015
wunmi38:
I WANT TO FILL APPLICATION TO ATTEND A CONFERENCE IN THE UK FOR ONE WEEK WHICH OF THE FOLLOWING SHOUL I CHOOSE WHEN FILLING THE FORM VISIT OR STUDY WHEN FILLING MY FORM. IT SPONSOURED BY TETFUND FOR MY SCHOOL AM A LECTURER

Business Visitor Visa
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 12:51pm On Oct 06, 2015
teana4040:
Hi just wise and all d gurus...pls am filling the income and expenditure part of the form...

1.For cost of aeroplane,boat and train....pls what do I fill...is it realistic to fill 150k for flight? Or shld I increase it?

Pls help a sister!!!

How many days are you staying?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ToyinNick: 12:58pm On Oct 06, 2015
Justwise, I just called one of the Sheffield staff, and he told me it is S3 8NH, They told me to collect it from where I sent it to and resend it to them. Please have you gone through this process before to be sure that it is S3 8WA? Cos when they checked their system, they could not find the documents on their system to show that they've not received it. Please help me!!!
Their representation is below:
Dear Toyin,

Thank you for contacting UK Visas and Immigration international enquiry
service.

With regards to your query, the address for Sheffield Office is :

International Operations and Visas
6 Millsands
Vulcan House
Sheffield
S3 8NH
United Kingdom

For any further details, or should you need to contact us again please
refer to our website at https://ukvi-international.faq-help.com/, select
appropriate country, click next and then select \"E-Mail form\" and
complete as instructed. We will aim to come back to you within 1 day.

Kind regards,
N Ovais
UK Visas and Immigration International Enquiry Service

justwise:

S3 8WA Is their post code, there is no specific time/ date for receiving acknowledgment email or letter
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by OGreene: 1:06pm On Oct 06, 2015
800,000 vs 300000, not bad.

If your monthly income is tight, you are good to go. If I were you, I will save up more before January reaches, to have a million plus.

veeveezu:
@ogreene I have liquidated the investment and transferred the funds to my account
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by OGreene: 1:17pm On Oct 06, 2015
Living expenses include ur T-fare, feeding, waka-waka. So for 2 of you staying for 9 days, I suggest something btw £300 - £450.

150k is OK, for one person ooo. You shud chk airfares for ur travel date and pick an average amount.

Ur accommodation budget, that's almost £40 a night. Considering it's a room for 2 ppl, Double bed, I tot it may be higher dan that. Anyway you are submitting a hotel booking doc for d visa applic, so if it's £352 deal you got, then that's fine

teana4040:

Pls help a sister!!!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 2:23pm On Oct 06, 2015
9 days sir
FrontPageLawyer:

How many days are you staying?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by APFM(m): 3:29pm On Oct 06, 2015
@justwise and @frontpagelawyer and every other gurus in the house

I asked a question abt paying for my short course study and accomodation earlier before applying for my visa.

I want to know the reliable amount that can be in account and i own my business and i don't pay myself salary for now but i transfer money most of the time into my personal acct. what should i do?

Pls knw that all fees including accomodation will be paid before applying.

Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by obiaguna(m): 3:34pm On Oct 06, 2015
worry359:

To keep things simple.
There is no visa that will allow you to go to the UK and then look for work.
Visitor visa is for holiday, then return home.
Student visa is for study, then return home.
If you can find employment with a large company in a highly skilled job, then the company can sponsor a working visa.

Thanks for this information. Its possible to apply for jobs from Nigeria yh? There is no harm in trying lol
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ToyinNick: 3:42pm On Oct 06, 2015
Hi I am having doubts because I called an adviser at the Homeoffice, and he told me the address is Vulcan house (not where I sent it to)...And also I have not received any email to say it's been received even after royal mail gave me the signed form that it's been received. I have received an email from the ECO that they've received my online application and they can't do anything until the documents are received
travelland:

The address is correct, why are you entertaining doubts about it
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by worry359(m): 3:59pm On Oct 06, 2015
obiaguna:

Thanks for this information. Its possible to apply for jobs from Nigeria yh? There is no harm in trying lol

Yes it is "possible" but note well HIGHLY SKILLED JOBS.
This is like medical doctor or engineer, not security or barbing! grin

YOU must do the research and apply to companies for jobs that you are qualified to do.
There are no magic ways to open doors or short cuts.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 4:52pm On Oct 06, 2015
@frontpage lawyer,ogreene,justwise and my parka gurus...pls o,while awaiting ur responses to the previous question... I have another one,pls in my Hubby's form...in the part of
1.what is the cost to you personally for this trip? Since am sponsoring what am I to put there

2.total money you have for this trip? What should I fill...is it the amount on my form I wld fill for me

As regards his employment...does he need to add his payslips
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by obiaguna(m): 4:55pm On Oct 06, 2015
worry359:

Yes it is "possible" but note well HIGHLY SKILLED JOBS.
This is like medical doctor or engineer, not security or barbing! grin

YOU must do the research and apply to companies for jobs that you are qualified to do.
There are no magic ways to open doors or short cuts.

Lool i know that well. Would check later as that's almost like a full time job on its own. Thanks again.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by tosine25: 6:30pm On Oct 06, 2015
obiaguna:

Lool i know that well. Would check later as that's almost like a full time job on its own. Thanks again.

How I wish one can secure correct job from Nigeria
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by veeveezu: 7:09pm On Oct 06, 2015
Please gurus on the house I'm still waiting for other views regarding my post on the income breakdown for my application.
@frontpagelawyer, @justwise,@vicjustice.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 7:12pm On Oct 06, 2015
teana4040:
@frontpage lawyer,ogreene,justwise and my parka gurus...pls o,while awaiting ur responses to the previous question... I have another one,pls in my Hubby's form...in the part of
1.what is the cost to you personally for this trip? Since am sponsoring what am I to put there. N/A

2.total money you have for this trip? What should I fill...is it the amount on my form I wld fill for me. Input the total in £

As regards his employment...does he need to add his payslips Yes he should include his payment slip and 6 months bank statement
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 7:18pm On Oct 06, 2015
veeveezu:
Please gurus on the house I'm still waiting for other views regarding my post on the income breakdown for my application.
@frontpagelawyer, @justwise,@vicjustice.

Greetings.

Your budget is realistic, but for your closing balance, your chances are slim, but not impossible.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 7:18pm On Oct 06, 2015
justwise:

General visiting visa will allow you to do that though if the exam last longer than your stated stay-period it may cause a problem when you go for renewer as you did not mention anything about the exam during your application.
thank you so much.. the exam is just a teacher qualifying exam that will last for just three hours.( just like most standardised tests like the GRE) So it wont last longer than my stated-stay period... I will just be staying for 12 days even though I stated in my application that I would be staying for ten days sha oooo....I hope that wont be a problem.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Oreskid: 8:21pm On Oct 06, 2015
I don't think the address is wrong cos that's wat i was given in collection center in Ikeja, Lagos and that's where I sent mine too and supporting documents too, S3 8WA
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by obiaguna(m): 8:55pm On Oct 06, 2015
tosine25:

How I wish one can secure correct job from Nigeria

Well the chances of securing one from here is quite slim but hey its just a try. If it clicks fine and if it doesn't it's still okay. Not so keen anyways. Would have been better to go over there and look for a job.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Davdar: 9:16pm On Oct 06, 2015
justwise:

You don't have to be called for an interview, sometimes they decide to interview just one partner.

Email with Ref means nothing...does not mean refusal or issued.

Yes they do send back all documents submitted and then contact you later for the actual decision so wait until you hear from them but it will be too long

Thanks so much Justwise. Please can you clarify this for me. Am a bit confuse with the documents cus all the supporting documents my partner sent to support his application in Ghana were added to mine and all were sent to me here.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by veecee29: 8:21am On Oct 07, 2015
Hi guys,
Please i need answers to this.I occasionally transfer money from my salary account to my savings account which i hardly withdraw.Since July i have some cash that has been ranging from 490k to about 560k.In september,i tranfered this 560k to an account i am a signatory to earn more interest cos that account is a high yeilding account.Now i intend to travel to the UK for Xmas holiday and i want to transfer the 560k back to my savings account where it has been since july.My question is,will this be considered as money lodgment given that my statement shows the money has been there?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Sunny4Gold: 9:12am On Oct 07, 2015
Am applying for UK visa from Nigeria. Can my uncle in USA use its credit card to help me pay the UK visa fee
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Portsmouth86(f): 9:29am On Oct 07, 2015
justwise:

If I were him I will do everything legally within the law to stay on the current visa category because that is the shortest way of getting ILR in the UK and he just 2 years to achieve that. Just one renewer he will be eligible for indefinite stay.

Switching to other visa type now will not help him that much

Yes he is staying within the law hence my question, and I think he is thinking ahead for when his visa needs renewing.

The thing about renewing this particular visa is he is required to employ 10 people which his company is not big enough to employ anyone he does everything himself.

Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Sunny4Gold: 9:41am On Oct 07, 2015
Am applying for UK visa from Nigeria. Can my uncle who based in USA help me pay the UK visa fee with its credit card
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 11:09am On Oct 07, 2015
Sunny4Gold:
Am applying for UK visa from Nigeria. Can my uncle in USA use its credit card to help me pay the UK visa fee

Definitely

(1) (2) (3) ... (420) (421) (422) (423) (424) (425) (426)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.