Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,487 members, 7,770,191 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 07:04 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (426) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (976134 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (423) (424) (425) (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by OGreene: 4:08pm On Oct 09, 2015
I experienced this too. You don't need to start afresh wt d application. Jus log on later and select the book appointment again and click "Pay for Application, just continue like that.
If the "book appointment" is already in green, select the next one.

aibisoye:
Hello House,
Im having an issue, Im getting this response back from the payment platform.

Sorry, your order is no longer payable

Please contact the merchant quoting the following reference number: GWF************

Server secure.worldpay.com at 09/10/2015 09:54:08

please advise?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by chukyrooy(m): 4:08pm On Oct 09, 2015
FrontPageLawyer:

Let me quickly say something from my general knowledge before Justwise comes in. Your account is inconsequential in this application since you have a sponsor (Your Father) but having said that you MUST submit your own salary/personal statement of account as an adult even though its closing balance is N0.

You shouldn't be too bothered about the irregularities in your account since you're not the sponsor and from my understanding you have a good job and your salary looks great. You just have to explain to the ECO reasons for the irregular monthly salary payments in your account which shouldn't pose danger.

Your job is your ties in your own case because apparently you're single and it is only from your salary account and pay slip the ECO will trace your monthly salary and tax deductions.

You will need the following:

Employment/Appointment Letter
Leave letter
Posting letter
ID card
Pay Slip showing your tax deduction
Salary Account
Sponsor's statement of account

Remain Blessed.

Thanks @FrontPageLawyer how many months Should the payslip and Salary Account ststement be? 3 months or 6?

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 4:15pm On Oct 09, 2015
chukyrooy:

Thanks @FrontPageLawyer how many months Should the payslip and Salary Account ststement be? 3 months or 6?

6 months

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 4:18pm On Oct 09, 2015
OGreene:
I experienced this too. You don't need to start afresh wt d application. Jus log on later and select the book appointment again and click "Pay for Application, just continue like that.
If the "book appointment" is already in green, select the next one.

Greetings Ogreene

I suggested to the poster to start a fresh application because mine had same error for 2days, but I decided to start a new application and made payment immediately.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by quebrada: 4:53pm On Oct 09, 2015
justwise:

How then did he overstayed if he doesn't need a visa to visit the UK? Is he really from South Africa and holding genuine passport?
@ Justwise
Usually most visa free countries to the uk are for six months visit. He overstayed for 7 years and voluntarily went back home. He was not served any banned or given any restrictions on his passport, neither was his ´passport checked by immigratioins. After three years since he left the uk, he's planning again to come and visit his son who is now 4 years old. Do you think he would have any problem on point of entry into the uk or any E.U countries?
Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Davdar: 5:37pm On Oct 09, 2015
Hello Justwise
Yes I did print the whatsapp chat, added calling cards and he also added the calling cards he has been using to call me. I added receipts of all the money I transfered to him before and after marriage but they said the chat should be more and the pictures were taking during my holidays. They also said the calling cards are readily in Ghana and can be bought at secondhand. These are their reasons. Please I can mail it to you if on ur personal email to go through if is ok. I need advice has to what to do next.

Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by 6packdude: 5:42pm On Oct 09, 2015
quebrada:

@ Justwise
Usually most visa free countries to the uk are for six months visit. He overstayed for 7 years and voluntarily went back home. He was not served any banned or given any restrictions on his passport, neither was his ´passport checked by immigratioins. After three years since he left the uk, he's planning again to come and visit his son who is now 4 years old. Do you think he would have any problem on point of entry into the uk or any E.U countries?
Thank you

I was removed from the UK and my visa was cancelled when I tried re entry due to some immigration issues i encountered while attending school there.

Subsequently, we left for the U.S and with my status as an American, I was allowed entry BUT, my history kept popping up in the system due to my history with them. I tried to make an entry to the UK this summer twice and I was delayed and detained both times.

They let me in both times but I was asked to wait while they check on my record, not sure what they were checking but I'd imagine, as long as you don't have any criminal records and can prove reasons for your visit, you'll be allowed entry.

Of course, it was embarrassing both times sitting at the airport while people stare at you like you're some criminal

This is just my personal experience and it seems similar to yours so I thought I should share.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Sunny4Gold: 5:46pm On Oct 09, 2015
How do I make payment for UK Visa fee? I tried several times to use Fidelity bank card (Verve ATM/Debit card) without result. Pls can anyone in the house explain how to make this payment online to me.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 6:31pm On Oct 09, 2015
Sunny4Gold:
How do I make payment for UK Visa fee? I tried several times to use Fidelity bank card (Verve ATM/Debit card) without result. Pls can anyone in the house explain how to make this payment online to me.

Verve card won't work. Master or Visa Card will do.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 6:34pm On Oct 09, 2015
FrontPageLawyer:

Verve card won't work. Master or Visa Card will do.

I used verve, it worked, click on the Paga Verve. The last on the list
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by PedigreeCity: 7:10pm On Oct 09, 2015
Hello house , pls am new here. My question is dat for me to accompany my sister to uk for 3week visit what n what document will I need? Pls I need d reply asap
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 7:13pm On Oct 09, 2015
PedigreeCity:
Hello house ,
pls am new here. My question is dat for me to
accompany my sister to uk for 3week visit what n
what document will I need? Pls I need d reply asap

What are you doing currently in Nigeria?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 7:15pm On Oct 09, 2015
quebrada:

@ Justwise
Thank you

True that.

Is he really from South Africa and holding genuine passport?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 7:17pm On Oct 09, 2015
Davdar:
Hello Justwise
Yes I did print the whatsapp chat, added calling cards and he also added the calling cards he has been using to call me. I added receipts of all the money I transfered to him before and after marriage but they said the chat should be more and the pictures were taking during my holidays. They also said the calling cards are readily in Ghana and can be bought at secondhand. These are their reasons. Please I can mail it to you if on ur personal email to go through if is ok. I need advice has to what to do next.

Thank you

You can appeal the decision within 28days of refusal then add more documents if you were unable to add them in the initial application
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 7:21pm On Oct 09, 2015
chukyrooy:
Hello Profs and everybody.
Been reading a lot and i must say that i am very thankful for the job you guys a doing here.

my situation is I have been a regular Uk and US traveller, I got my 5 years visa renewed in 2010 and its supposed to expire next month. however in 2013 i got a student visa to study for my MSc. I just returned last year.
My younger sisters graduation is in December and my whole family wants to attend. we would like to apply for a 2 year instead.
My dad insisted that since he is the one sponsoring the family and we making it as a family application he would use his account and frankly i do not have a problem with it because my account is not in the best shape due to irregular salary payments deductions etc. i also work as a civil servant in a fed govt parastatal. and earn almost 300k

my question is
1. apart from letter of introduction, leave letter, appointment letter, posting letter do i also need to submit my ID card and letter from the accounts department confirming my salary ?
2. I would not be submitting my account statement to avoid rejection due to irregularities on my salary payment and the low balance due to other commitments. hope my job details is enough ties to my home country.
3. my five years visa will expire late next month and we want to schedule the interview for this month. hope thats not a problem?

Thank you guys.

1. Like FrontPageLawyer pointed out you need to submit your ID but letter from your account dept is not needed.

2. You have to submit your salary account and explain any irregularities

3. No its not a problem

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Davdar: 7:29pm On Oct 09, 2015
Thanks so much Justwise, God bless you. Please what do you think about our chances of winning the case and roughly how long does it take?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 7:36pm On Oct 09, 2015
safex101:

Nice one safex101
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by chukyrooy(m): 7:46pm On Oct 09, 2015
justwise:

1. Like FrontPageLawyer pointed out you need to submit your ID but letter from your account dept is not needed.

2. You have to submit your salary account and explain any irregularities

3. No its not a problem

Thank you @justwise
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by OGreene: 7:46pm On Oct 09, 2015
Call Fidelity customer care.

For PAGA or credit card, u won't need assistance

Sunny4Gold:
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Sunny4Gold: 8:05pm On Oct 09, 2015
safex101:

I used fidelity bank (verve card), it doesn't work, i tried mine and that of my wife. Which of the bank verve does you used?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 8:24pm On Oct 09, 2015
Davdar:
Thanks so much Justwise, God bless you. Please what do you think about our chances of winning the case and roughly how long does it take?

I wouldn't say that your chances are low because the refusal wasn't on a very strong point, appeal takes average of 6 months but if you have a good case you could be called before hearing date to submit your passport for visa.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by aibisoye: 9:10pm On Oct 09, 2015
Thanks. Started from the beginning all over again. I noticed visa fees using paga is very expensive compared to MasterCard. Mastercard I paid 112k while paga dey say 122k

Kilode....

[ quote author=FrontPageLawyer post=38822503]

Greetings Ogreene

I suggested to the poster to start a fresh application because mine had same error for 2days, but I decided to start a new application and made payment immediately. [/quote]

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by aibisoye: 9:11pm On Oct 09, 2015
Thanks. Started from the beginning all over again. I noticed visa fees using paga is very expensive compared to MasterCard. Mastercard I paid 112k while paga dey say 122k

Kilode....

FrontPageLawyer:

Greetings Ogreene

I suggested to the poster to start a fresh application because mine had same error for 2days, but I decided to start a new application and made payment immediately.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by askari01: 11:50pm On Oct 09, 2015
safex101:

Paga is over expensive, ur paying close to 10K extra charges, the best thing is for you to contact ur bank for online transaction pin number... simple and easy...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by quebrada: 3:39am On Oct 10, 2015
justwise:

True that.

Is he really from South Africa and holding genuine passport?
He is a national of south america to be precise ( Argentina). His passport is genuine and no doubt.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ayemerbarth: 7:27am On Oct 10, 2015
Nice job u are doing here. I recieved a mail frm sheffield UK stating a decision hs been made on my application. Could u please xplain wat this means. Ernestly waiting to here from you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 8:18am On Oct 10, 2015
quebrada:

He is a national of south america to be precise ( Argentina). His passport is genuine and no doubt.

Ok.

He should give it a go and see what happens, there is no way to know what they have on file against him.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by PedigreeCity: 11:02am On Oct 10, 2015
justwise:

What are you doing currently in Nigeria?
Working with a local govt in oyo state
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 11:57am On Oct 10, 2015
PedigreeCity:
Working with a local govt in oyo state

Ok, then you need to meet the requirement as an individual even as you are accompanying your sister, you still have to proof your tie to Nigeria just as you will do if you are the main applicant.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 3:00pm On Oct 10, 2015
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 9:28am On Oct 17, 2015
Davdar:
Hello Justwise

I need advice on a visa refusal. My husband got his passport today and he is been refused on the following grounds:
We first met on 10/04/2012 and started the relationship in August 2012 and got married on 06/08/2014
We used calling cards as evidence of communication but the calling cards have no names and they aware that cards are readily available in Ghana to purchase as second hand. There is no itemised telephone records so they not satisfied.
The photographs provided are of our wedding day with a few on different occasions. However it appears that these photographs were all taken during the same visit by your sponsor. So therefore am not satisfied. Furthermore there is no evidence that your sponsor has been to visit you after the marriage on August 2014. Am not satisfied that your relationship is genuine and subsisting or that you intend to live together permanently in the UK.

Those are the reasons. Please advice me on what to do? Should I do the appeal or what? And If I do, and add extra supporting documents as I went to Ghana last month as a prove, do we have a chance ? Do I need to get a lawyer? Any suggestions on the platform will be appreciated. Thank you

Will you be able to remove all personal details and paste the refusal letter here?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 3:20pm On Nov 12, 2015
teana4040:
Pls help me review,For 9 day trip for I and my husband,Here is the budget as stated below;
This what I fill for myself
What is the cost to you personally of your trip in GBP: £1772

the total amount of money you have for this trip: £1,900
the cost of the aeroplane, boat or train: £1020...510 each for the both of us
the cost of accommodation: £352. We are to stay in a room together

the cost of your living Expenses: £400....200 each for both of us
Is someone other than you paying for all or part of your trip? No

Here is what is confusing me,for my form,

am I to fill the amount( i.e £1020,but flight for me is £510) or the amount both of us are going to spend on flight since am the one sponsoring.or jus the amount am suppose to spend for myself alone...pls those that av travel with their spouses pls help me..

For my hubby form

Cost of this trip personally to you. £0

Total money you have for this trip..£O

Cost of aeroplane,boat and train... £510

Cost of accommodation.... £352

Living expenses.....£200

Is anyone paying for this trip other than you....Yes

Please select what the relationship is of the person who is contributing to the payment for your trip:.......Partner

How much will they be paying towards your trip: (sum Accomodation + Flight+ living expenses £1062)
explain why they are paying towards the cost of the trip:
She is my wife and we are legally married .Also she is the custodian of funds in the home as the funds for this trip is available in her account.....pls is this reason cogent enuf? Abeg help me fine tune oh i no too sabi English... Lol

Pls do not neglect my questions abeg!!!

This is the post you referred to

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (423) (424) (425) (426)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Travelling To Canada Part 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.