Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,583 members, 7,809,113 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:35 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (980318 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by earthrealm(m): 10:01am On Feb 03, 2012
good job guys
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Periwinkle(m): 10:14am On Feb 03, 2012
Hello house! Justwise thanks for your advice last Sept; am all settled in Manchester now, studying. Just a little advice from the House. What are d requirements for Uk visit for my wife and child? do i need to send documents aside letter of invitation and my visaed paasport page to them? does the 28days account stuff also apply?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 10:52am On Feb 03, 2012
Periwinkle:

Hello house! Justwise thanks for your advice last Sept; am all settled in Manchester now, studying. Just a little advice from the House. What are d requirements for Uk visit for my wife and child? do i need to send documents aside letter of invitation and my visaed paasport page to them? does the 28days account stuff also apply?

This link will give you a good idea of what to do. http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/studying/adult-students/family/.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Periwinkle(m): 3:08am On Feb 04, 2012
Thank you, @justwise. The site really helped!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 10:12am On Feb 04, 2012
Periwinkle:

Thank you, @justwise. The site really helped!

Good luck, i'm glad the site helped.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by billtommy(m): 1:19am On Feb 07, 2012
Hello gurus,I'm bery new to these,am in ♏♈ final year but want to visit a friend for about 2 months before Youth service,pls can someone tell me if am going to need a student visa or other types of visa, and can I have a clear breakdown of how much the whole travelling is gonna cost.and documents am gonna be needing so my visa application won't be refused,these is gonna be my first travel,thanks very muchyou can pls mail me on tommysport4ever@yahoo.com
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ADEBYTE: 1:23am On Feb 07, 2012
@all

I hope billtommy enquiry would avert further trading and exchange of abusive words among all those that have been involved in vilifying one another.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ADEBYTE: 1:34am On Feb 07, 2012
@billtommy
Thanks once again for ur enquiry.u r God sent. Firstly, u need a visa to travel to the states. Since u are only going to visit someone,u need a visiting visa for a period of 6 month or 2 years which can be single or multiple entry.before u apply for ur visa,u need to be demostrate that u have strong ties in nigeria
And at the moment,u study is a tie for u in nigeria,so I will advise that u apply for ur visa prior to completing your studies at the university. Also very important is the person whom u r visiting. He/she must be ready to send u a letter of invitation,stating ur relationship to him/her. Along with the invitation letter should be a copy of their passport, either been a permanent resident or citizen. He/ she should also enclose a copy of their statement to portray their financial ability to be
Able to carter for ur stay while visiting. You must also be able to get a letter from your school identifying u as a bonafide student
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ADEBYTE: 1:48am On Feb 07, 2012
@billtommy
The above post applies to applying for uk visas
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by billtommy(m): 8:38am On Feb 07, 2012
Okay thanks 4ur response,but somethings are a little contradictory shady,are yu on bbm or any instant message network so we can have a chat
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ADEBYTE: 8:40am On Feb 07, 2012
Yea.send ur pin to biyiade2@yahoo.com
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 9:30am On Feb 07, 2012
billtommy:

Hello gurus,I'm bery new to these,am in ♏♈ final year but want to visit a friend for about 2 months before Youth service,pls can someone tell me if am going to need a student visa or other types of visa, and can I have a clear breakdown of how much the whole travelling is gonna cost.and documents am gonna be needing so my visa application won't be refused,these is gonna be my first travel,thanks very muchyou can pls mail me on tommysport4ever@yahoo.com

If its UK visa, with ur condition, it will be almost impossible for you to be given a visa
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by billtommy(m): 9:33am On Feb 07, 2012
@justwise,why did yu say so?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 9:42am On Feb 07, 2012
billtommy:

@justwise,why did yu say so?

Getting a visa as an adult student will be difficult, you may struggle to convince the ECO that you will be coming back to finish ur final year.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Betty605: 12:48am On Feb 09, 2012
Hey guys, Quick one please,

i just finished my degree last year in the uk (3 yrs),
and i intend on applying for a general visitor's visa soon,
I only have friends who are there(uk) with student visas (no citizens)
will it be wise to include visiting them, as part of the reason for my trip?

Also, if the answer is yes to the question, does that mean that they have to produce an invitation letter?

If the answer is no, would you advice that i just apply for a normal general tourist/visit visa (2yrs)
and just include shopping and other tourist attractions grin because that is actually
my main reason for going, (Shopping ) and if i do this, can i include that i'm staying at a friends'
or i still need to add hotel bookings etc,

Please reply ASAP, thank you in advance.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ADEBYTE: 1:06am On Feb 09, 2012
@betty
Could u pls confirm when exactly u finished ur course in the uk because this is a very importantant factor. I want to be able to ascertain the length of the period between when u left uk and wanting to come back and visit. Also u should know that while in the uk for 3yrs, there is possibiities that u could have ties or build a family life. Sorry if I may ask why u did not take up any of the scheme available for graduates after completion of their studies which afford them the
Previledge of working for a certain number of years.your prompt answer to the first question could avail u a good advice accordingly
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Betty605: 8:00am On Feb 09, 2012
@ Adebyte

I left after graduation in july (last year);
i enrolled in law school here immediately,
i had absolutely, NO PLANS whatsoever to work in the UK lol,
the option to take up the post-graduation working scheme wasn't mandatory,
i had always said after graduation, i was going to come back for law school,
because i want to finish everything about my education before part-taking in any sort of employment,
and i still have no plans to return to the UK for employment, just holidays.

Ties? i don't have any family in the uk, no boyfriend/ husband
but is that (boyfriend/husband) something to include in the application?
I just have uni friends who are Nigerians also, and still in uni

Does this clear things up?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ADEBYTE: 8:44am On Feb 09, 2012
@betty
Thanks for your response. Further from your reply, I will advise that u apply for a general tourist visa( sight seeing and shopping. I want to believe that u r vast with uk and I have no iota of doubt that u should be able to name places should u be interrogated at the port of entry.I am on the side of
Applying for the aforementioned visa inorder to be on a safer side because applying for a visiting visa with ur friends inviting you, would placed a burden on their finance and inview of that,they have to tender financial documentation which is usally
In the form of bank statement showing funds( bearing in mind that they are allowed to work just 20 hrs a week). Also they are also on student visa and they ECO may infer that u have ties in the uk and may want to use that as an opportunity to return to the uk to stay put.I will also advised that u make an hotel reservation online and pls make sure u make part payment and get a receipt which should be handy while travelling. Part payment is essential if at all u decide not to go to the hotel after been
Granted entry. Most importantly is what u do in nigeria presently,r u working? R u still doing ur law program?it is very important that u r doing any of the above. This will elude any suspicion of you not coming back to nigeria after ur stay in the uk.if u r working, get a letter from ur employer and if u are still on ur program,pls do get some documentations to buttress that. Also most paramount is ur financial status because u have to show that u or somebody is financially bouyant to sponsor you trip to and fro.
Pls let me know if u have any other question
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by 4teelaw(f): 9:20am On Feb 09, 2012
hi,
my brother just finished his masters in Uk and returned to Nigeria before his visa expired.
He still has accomodation there and is still expecting his results. Also, his graduation is in a few months. How do we renew his visa? Should he apply for a visiting visa?
He came back to Nigeria because he heard that the UK has scrapped the PSW visa frm 2012, so he came home pending when can get a UK job.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 9:33am On Feb 09, 2012
4teelaw:

hi,
my brother just finished his masters in Uk and returned to Nigeria before his visa expired.
He still has accomodation there and is still expecting his results. Also, his graduation is in a few months. How do we renew his visa? Should he apply for a visiting visa?
He came back to Nigeria because he heard that the UK has scrapped the PSW visa frm 2012, so he came home pending when can get a UK job.

Your brother can apply for 2yrs PSW from Nigeria before April and he will be given, with that he can enter UK as much as he wants without any prob.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by 4teelaw(f): 9:45am On Feb 09, 2012
Thank,
Please what documents will he need, i just called him now, he said he has not maintaied the 2800 pounds in his UK account for the 3 months period. so he feels he may not meet up with the PSW deadline. Is there a way we can go around it? because i really need him out of my hair in Naija angry
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 9:49am On Feb 09, 2012
4teelaw:

Thank,
Please what documents will he need, i just called him now, he said he has not maintaied the 2800 pounds in his UK account for the 3 months period. so he feels he may not meet up with the PSW deadline. Is there a way we can go around it? because i really need him out of my hair in Naija angry

All he needs is £800 in his account for 3months, the application fee is about £580 or there about, then his result and letter from his school international office. That is all
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by 4teelaw(f): 9:55am On Feb 09, 2012
thanks, but can we use a Nigerian account? Because he withdrew all the funds in the UK account before he left.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 10:00am On Feb 09, 2012
4teelaw:

thanks, but can we use a Nigerian account? Because he withdrew all the funds in the UK account before he left.

If he wants to apply from Nigeria, get all the info you need here http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/working/tier1/poststudy/apply-visa/

Guidance Note http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/applicationforms/visas/vaf9-guidance.pdf

Application form http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/applicationforms/visas/vaf9.pdf

But applying from Nigeria will mean he need to have £2800 while from the UK its £800
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by 4teelaw(f): 10:09am On Feb 09, 2012
I am so grateful for this info
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by 4teelaw(f): 10:29am On Feb 09, 2012
the young man has refused to go and get his PSW and maintains he wants to use visit visa just to go for his graduation and come back home.
my friend also has a psw and refused to go back to UK
Please what exactly is the problem with UK? why is everybody running back home? He just sed he has job interview today and i should let him focus on getting a job here.
Please can you advise how i can get him a visiting visa for 6mths or 2yrs? i have a valid visa but my circumstances differ from his
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ADEBYTE: 10:42am On Feb 09, 2012
@4teelaw
Pls allow him to focus on his job interview. He has been and see what uk is like. The most important thing is that he has graduated and by so doing,he has got all it takes to land a well paid job in nija.for now,I will advise that he gets his job and
Work for sometime before applying for a visit visa considering the cost implication. He can always get his certificate and avail himself for the ceremony if he wishes
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 11:22am On Feb 09, 2012
4teelaw:

the young man has refused to go and get his PSW and maintains he wants to use visit visa just to go for his graduation and come back home.
my friend also has a psw and refused to go back to UK
Please what exactly is the problem with UK? why is everybody running back home? He just sed he has job interview today and i should let him focus on getting a job here.
Please can you advise how i can get him a visiting visa for 6mths or 2yrs? i have a valid visa but my circumstances differ from his

If he has job prospect in Nigeria then there is no point seeking job in the UK, to be honest, the UK gets tougher day by day, not just the UK ,many countries fighting economic hardship, that said, many people developed this high hope about the UK before living Nigeria and face a reality shock when they arrived and can't wait to go back to Nigeria.

He can visit UKBA website for visiting visa requirements.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by kolnel: 7:16pm On Feb 09, 2012
I'm planning to go to uk for holiday. I'm an auto dealer. I use my personal bank account to transact . Though ve also a company account but I don't use it. Is company account and tax clearance certificate a must.
Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by 4teelaw(f): 6:34pm On Feb 10, 2012
I think personal income tax clearance is very important. Is your business registered? That's another important factor o!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ADEBYTE: 6:46pm On Feb 10, 2012
@kolnel
I guess that u shod be fine with ur personal bank account but the most important thing also is for u to be able to prove that u have an ongoing business that
U do in nigeria and in support of that, u should tender ur business registration documents as well as some invoices and receipts and by so doing ,u r enacting to the VO that u have tie(business) which u intend to come
Back to after ur visit in the uk
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by kolnel: 8:36pm On Feb 10, 2012
@adebyte and 4teelaw.
Thanks so much for the prompt reply.
I have bill of ladings of cars I bought from Germany and canada. My biz is also registered with CAC as an enterprise. I hope those will suffice.
Another question is I'm unmarried and over thirty years of age. Is that not a disadvantage.
And which is better hotel booking or getting letter of invitation.
Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (426)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.