Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,470 members, 7,770,157 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 06:09 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (71) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (976128 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 11:23am On Dec 18, 2012
freeway01: @justwise monthly salary is a little above N100k but net salary as at when I applied is N61k due to deductions,contributions e.t.c d balance of d salary acct is ova 300k,personal account over 700k

How much did you budget to spend in the UK?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by tayoTFC(m): 1:47pm On Dec 18, 2012
@jt2010 am is sapele office now
Sir T,
Are you in PH?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by tayoTFC(m): 1:50pm On Dec 18, 2012
@ justwise ...and people, my uk visa will expire January, i want to renew it, also i will like to apply for my wife and kids too.do i need to fill a separate form for my wife and kids? or i will used one form and indicate they are traveling with me and submitted it together with my passport and document.
i have relevant document for my wife and kids as well as my own document together with my sister letter of invitation and document.
pls i need an urgent replay as i plan to submit the document by January ending.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by jt2010: 1:56pm On Dec 18, 2012
tayoTFC: @jt2010 am is sapele office now
Sir T,
Are you in PH?

Sir T,

From [b]Bariga to Port harcourt, [/b]I guess you can code my name now. Ni
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Ruedan(f): 2:42pm On Dec 18, 2012
Hi all, a quick one, i n my fiance jst thot of applying for the American VISA lottery, so i'ld like to use this forum to find out d easiest means of playing d American Visa lottery and the requirements (documents) needed. grin thnks y'all
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by sovica: 7:16pm On Dec 18, 2012
justwise:

In which EU country are you?

slovenia, here i have temporaly visa - i'm not from europe. but my wife is in england, she's working there. i want to go to her, but what i need to apply, or if she apply for england visa for me, to live and work there?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 7:27pm On Dec 18, 2012
sovica:

slovenia, here i have temporaly visa - i'm not from europe. but my wife is in england, she's working there. i want to go to her, but what i need to apply, or if she apply for england visa for me, to live and work there?

You need to visit British embassy website in Slovenia http://ukinslovenia.fco.gov.uk/en/visiting-uk/visas/

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/countries/slovenia/?langname=UK%20English
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by sovica: 3:32pm On Dec 20, 2012
justwise:

You need to visit British embassy website in Slovenia http://ukinslovenia.fco.gov.uk/en/visiting-uk/visas/

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/countries/slovenia/?langname=UK%20English

and i no way that she can apply for me? or how i do it?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 4:24pm On Dec 20, 2012
sovica:

and i no way that she can apply for me? or how i do it?

The link i gave you is enough for you to do it yourself, she can't do it for you from the UK, you can only apply from where you are at the moment.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Crosser005: 9:15pm On Dec 20, 2012
I'm hoping someone here can help.

I am a US citizen, and I recently applied for a spousal settlement visa to move to England to be with my wife, who is a legal EAU citizen.
The ECO has refused my application, stating that we have failed to prove the complete amount of 18,600 for required sponsor's income (we were about 2,000 short in evidence) My wife works several jobs as an independent contractor, making employer statements difficult, but we now believe we have enough evidence to prove the full amount.
It has only been a week since I received this refusal. We are torn between whether to appeal or reapply. Money is not a huge issue, but we'd rather not spend 6 months waiting and worrying. Any advise would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 10:05pm On Dec 20, 2012
Crosser005: I'm hoping someone here can help.

I am a US citizen, and I recently applied for a spousal settlement visa to move to England to be with my wife, who is a legal EAU citizen.
The ECO has refused my application, stating that we have failed to prove the complete amount of 18,600 for required sponsor's income (we were about 2,000 short in evidence) My wife works several jobs as an independent contractor, making employer statements difficult, but we now believe we have enough evidence to prove the full amount.
It has only been a week since I received this refusal. We are torn between whether to appeal or reapply. Money is not a huge issue, but we'd rather not spend 6 months waiting and worrying. Any advise would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

If you have paper evidence to prove that you have the 18.600 pounds then reapply
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Crosser005: 12:34am On Dec 21, 2012
THANK YOU! Is it possible to appeal at the same time as reapplying?
And now that it's Christmas, I was thinking about flying out to be with her for a week or so. Would taking a trip to the UK between visa applications be a problem for any reason?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 8:28am On Dec 21, 2012
Crosser005: THANK YOU! Is it possible to appeal at the same time as reapplying?
And now that it's Christmas, I was thinking about flying out to be with her for a week or so. Would taking a trip to the UK between visa applications be a problem for any reason?

You can do both but it will be waste of money, the reason for the refusal is not questionable because you did not meet the financial requirement, if you knew that you have the money now and can show a prove then reapply.

About travel to the UK while you wait for the outcome of the application....how will you travel without passport and do you have a visiting visa to the UK?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Roxy4: 11:20am On Dec 21, 2012
@justwise...I was refused earlier this month asking me for my personal income (STUDENT), I informed our family lawyer and he's supporting the new application with some reasons relating to the refusal notice. Previous application was for 3weeks visit. My school will be resuming back 21st of January 2013, I wish to re-apply for a 10days visit now due to my school resumption date.Do i need to get a new IV from my uncle inviting me stating 10days? and also i have no source of INCOME as a student does this automatically disqualify me from visiting the my Uncle...Please Advise.

Season Greetings..
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by tkaylove: 2:34pm On Dec 21, 2012
Hello House Pls I need your help on this issue. I reside in Ireland. I helped a friend who was travelling to the Uk to book an hotel reservation with my credit card ans when he got to the airport and was asked who booked his hotel reservation he told them his girlfriend in dublin it and because of that they refused to let him board the plane on that day and was told to go for questioning the following day at the embassy. They came to a final conclusion that he was going to meet me in dublin which is not true. My friend in question has travelled to the Uk before and also travelled to other countries like geramany, dubai just to mention a few. Am just not happy with the fact that I rendered him help innocently could have lead to his visa being revoked and sincerely he was just going to the uk for 2 weeks vacation cos he has his company in Nigeria and there is hell no way he would have left that to stay in dublin. He doesn't even have the dublin visa and we all know the consequences of travelling without visa to a particular country. I need ur advise on what to do to make the the uk embassy believe that I had no intention whatsoever to bring him to dublin. This was just an innocent and genuine mistake. Thank you. I will really appreciate your advice. Thanks GOd Bless
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 3:37pm On Dec 21, 2012
tkaylove: Hello House Pls I need your help on this issue. I reside in Ireland. I helped a friend who was travelling to the Uk to book an hotel reservation with my credit card ans when he got to the airport and was asked who booked his hotel reservation he told them his girlfriend in dublin it and because of that they refused to let him board the plane on that day and was told to go for questioning the following day at the embassy. They came to a final conclusion that he was going to meet me in dublin which is not true. My friend in question has travelled to the Uk before and also travelled to other countries like geramany, dubai just to mention a few. Am just not happy with the fact that I rendered him help innocently could have lead to his visa being revoked and sincerely he was just going to the uk for 2 weeks vacation cos he has his company in Nigeria and there is hell no way he would have left that to stay in dublin. He doesn't even have the dublin visa and we all know the consequences of travelling without visa to a particular country. I need ur advise on what to do to make the the uk embassy believe that I had no intention whatsoever to bring him to dublin. This was just an innocent and genuine mistake. Thank you. I will really appreciate your advice. Thanks GOd Bless

I'm surprised that he was refused to board the plane and visa cancelled purely because another person booked a hotel for him? Where is the hotel you booked for him and for how many days?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 3:40pm On Dec 21, 2012
Roxy4: @justwise...I was refused earlier this month asking me for my personal income (STUDENT), I informed our family lawyer and he's supporting the new application with some reasons relating to the refusal notice. Previous application was for 3weeks visit. My school will be resuming back 21st of January 2013, I wish to re-apply for a 10days visit now due to my school resumption date.Do i need to get a new IV from my uncle inviting me stating 10days? and also i have no source of INCOME as a student does this automatically disqualify me from visiting the my Uncle...Please Advise.

Season Greetings..

We have stated this many times before here that getting a visa as a matured student is difficult, you don't have strong tie to Nigeria, you can't use your parents sponsorship as a tie to Nigeria as an adult.

You can't reapply if your condition hasn't changed, do you have personal income now?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by gonon: 4:00pm On Dec 21, 2012
Hey guys, thanks to Justwise and everyone for all the advice. I just got my Visa today
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 4:05pm On Dec 21, 2012
gonon: Hey guys, thanks to Justwise and everyone for all the advice. I just got my Visa today

Congratulations!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by tkaylove: 5:25pm On Dec 21, 2012
justwise:

I'm surprised that he was refused to board the plane and visa cancelled purely because another person booked a hotel for him? Where is the hotel you booked for him and for how many days?

The hotel is in the uk and its a 14days reservation with one day taken off my credit card and I have a confirmed reciept. The embassey made the whole situation look like he was going to cross over from the uk to Ireland which isn't so sincerely. I just feel upset about this because its just an innocent mistake and Am not sure if writing the uk embassy will change anything in case the person in question was told to reapply. Justwise pls I will appreciate ur reply on this issue. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Crosser005: 9:06pm On Dec 21, 2012
justwise:

About travel to the UK while you wait for the outcome of the application....how will you travel without passport and do you have a visiting visa to the UK?

My passport was sent back with the refusal letter. I have it at the moment. Before sending it off again with my second application, I was hoping to visit my wife in the UK asap. Do you think that would be an issue?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 10:33am On Dec 22, 2012
tkaylove:

The hotel is in the uk and its a 14days reservation with one day taken off my credit card and I have a confirmed reciept. The embassey made the whole situation look like he was going to cross over from the uk to Ireland which isn't so sincerely. I just feel upset about this because its just an innocent mistake and Am not sure if writing the uk embassy will change anything in case the person in question was told to reapply. Justwise pls I will appreciate ur reply on this issue. Thanks

Was his visa cancelled and given the right to appeal?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 10:39am On Dec 22, 2012
Crosser005:

My passport was sent back with the refusal letter. I have it at the moment. Before sending it off again with my second application, I was hoping to visit my wife in the UK asap. Do you think that would be an issue?

If you are a US citizen and visiting the UK for short period(6months or less) then you do not need a visa, however, in your case, since you have applied for spouse visa and got refused the immigration will likely question you at the POE.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Roxy4: 12:38pm On Dec 22, 2012
Thanks @justwise.. Nope i don't just my personal savings account about 70k available balance but expecting some additional xmas funds from a family friend which will total about 121,000 or there about..
justwise:

We have stated this many times before here that getting a visa as a matured student is difficult, you don't have strong tie to Nigeria, you can't use your parents sponsorship as a tie to Nigeria as an adult.

You can't reapply if your condition hasn't changed, do you have personal income now?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by zellis001: 3:09pm On Dec 22, 2012
hey every1
i intend to apply for a uk visa. my sister has applied for a student visa but her application is not yet ready. she is under the age of 18 so my mum and i will accompany her when she is leaving. i know we are suppose 2 apply for a general visa but pls i ll like to know the supporting docs we ll need. i am currently unemployed and my mum is a business woman. my dad is our sponsor and i heard we must provide his payslip. what i am not sure of is if the payslips must be 2 cuz its going 2 hard 2 get more than 1 copy of payslip. pls i nid answers urgently cuz i intend 2 apply in 2 days time God willing.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by beyunce(f): 7:04pm On Dec 22, 2012
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 8:48pm On Dec 22, 2012
zellis001: hey every1
i intend to apply for a uk visa. my sister has applied for a student visa but her application is not yet ready. she is under the age of 18 so my mum and i will accompany her when she is leaving. i know we are suppose 2 apply for a general visa but pls i ll like to know the supporting docs we ll need. i am currently unemployed and my mum is a business woman. my dad is our sponsor and i heard we must provide his payslip. what i am not sure of is if the payslips must be 2 cuz its going 2 hard 2 get more than 1 copy of payslip. pls i nid answers urgently cuz i intend 2 apply in 2 days time God willing.

One current payslip is enough plus his salary bank account, if your mum's business is not registered and not paying tax from it then she avoid mentioning it in the application form.

Your will likely be given a visa but i'm not sure you will be given.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by smartmachine(m): 9:57pm On Dec 22, 2012
hi all, a question for you here please

i want to apply for UK tier 4 visa within the next one week but i have not paid anything for accommodation even though i have paid enough money for tuition already. please is there any chance of getting my visa without yet paying for the accommodation? i have all the funds necessary to use for this payment though.
thanks for ur responses in advance
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by zellis001: 10:08pm On Dec 22, 2012
justwise:

One current payslip is enough plus his salary bank account, if your mum's business is not registered and not paying tax from it then she avoid mentioning it in the application form.

Your will likely be given a visa but i'm not sure you will be given.

her business is registered and she pays tax. why do u tink i might not be given d visa sad is it because i am unemployed? and since we are using 1 payslip how can we indicate that? thanx cheesy
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 10:21pm On Dec 22, 2012
zellis001:

her business is registered and she pays tax. why do u tink i might not be given d visa sad is it because i am unemployed? and since we are using 1 payslip how can we indicate that? thanx cheesy

Unemployed, no source of personal income as an adult,no strong tie to Nigeria, reason for travelling not important.

Your mum just need to add the payslip and list it in appendix as one of the documents included.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 10:23pm On Dec 22, 2012
smartmachine: hi all, a question for you here please

i want to apply for UK tier 4 visa within the next one week but i have not paid anything for accommodation even though i have paid enough money for tuition already. please is there any chance of getting my visa without yet paying for the accommodation? i have all the funds necessary to use for this payment though.
thanks for ur responses in advance

https://www.nairaland.com/826936/uk-student-visa-tier-4
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by zellis001: 11:09pm On Dec 22, 2012
justwise:

Unemployed, no source of personal income as an adult,no strong tie to Nigeria, reason for travelling not important.

Your mum just need to add the payslip and list it in appendix as one of the documents included.

my dad is my sponsor and we have about 3m for our travel (for my mum and i) which will cover our expenses for 2weeks. the reason why i am travelling is because 2 persons must accompany my sister because she is under the age of 18. pls advice me on what reason i can present as a strong tie to nigeria. also i ll appreciate if u can list d supporting documents we ll need. thnx smiley

(1) (2) (3) ... (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) ... (426)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Travelling To Canada Part 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.