Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,484 members, 7,770,180 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 06:51 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (73) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (976133 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 8:17am On Jan 03, 2013
dialo.frank:
I need your advice. I have been offered a uk entry clearance visa to do my masters,my school is resuming 28jan.I do intend travelling on the 14th to see my friends b4 school,will this be an issue for me @ immigration?

You can travel any time you want, its not an issue.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by stone2x: 1:27pm On Jan 03, 2013
Dear Nairaland Member:

am a first timmer and i want to apply for UK visa, i have a cousin (citizen) over there that will help me with the invitation letter and all docs, please how do i go about it from here, i need step by step method to do this or any body that just applied for his or her visa can also put me tru. also pls help state the docs i need including dat of my sponsor. ur swift response will be appreciated. God bless u
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Smooyis(m): 1:59pm On Jan 04, 2013
Hi bros, I plan to join my wife in d uk by summer on a spousal settlement visa, but she told me abt d 18,000 pounds sponsors income per annum which she is not earning up to. We just got wedded when she came home last year and she holds a British passport. I plan to spend just a month for now because of my job here as a civil servant earning up to a gross salary of 150,000naira. How strong is this condition of 18,000 pounds going to affect my application? And is there anything I can do otherwise. Pls I need ur advise urgently. My wife seriously needs me as we ve got no child and of age. Thanks

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by babybird82(f): 5:15pm On Jan 04, 2013
Welldone guys for time taken to assist people dat need it.

My question is this:

If I am sponsoring myself but a friend wants to accomodate me in the UK, what documents are they to provide for me?

Also, if I decide to go the booking route, how do I go about it? What cards do they accept and where can one get such cards in Nigeria?

Has anyone tried wakanow.com before? I don't know if booking done tru them can be cancelled and refunded.

Thank you in anticipation for your replies. God bless you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 6:48pm On Jan 04, 2013
Hello brother's and sister's am a student in georgia studying psychology am expecting an invitation letter from my girl friend who is a citizien of scottland but she got no statement of account please am i to go for the visa without the statement of account or which documents am i suppose to go with am just going for six months vacations......help needed ASAP o
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Waleabimbola(m): 10:33pm On Jan 04, 2013
Smooyis: Hi bros, I plan to join my wife in d uk by summer on a spousal settlement visa, but she told me abt d 18,000 pounds sponsors income per annum which she is not earning up to. We just got wedded when she came home last year and she holds a British passport. I plan to spend just a month for now because of my job here as a civil servant earning up to a gross salary of 150,000naira. How strong is this condition of 18,000 pounds going to affect my application? And is there anything I can do otherwise. Pls I need ur advise urgently. My wife seriously needs me as we ve got no child and of age. Thanks

Let your wife send yu an invitation letter ad all other documents,then you apply fr tourist visa.that is much easier since she can't your settlement visa now
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Smooyis(m): 6:41am On Jan 05, 2013
Waleabimbola:

Let your wife send yu an invitation letter ad all other documents,then you apply fr tourist visa.that is much easier since she can't your settlement visa now
Thanks for ur response, d arguement is dat if they know it is my wife that sends d invitation, won't dat affect my chances since they might think I won't come bak again. Pls clarify. How possible are my chances with a tourist visa, and invitation coming from her. I really won't spend more than a month. Hope they would believe me
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 7:07am On Jan 05, 2013
stone2x: Dear Nairaland Member:

am a first timmer and i want to apply for UK visa, i have a cousin (citizen) over there that will help me with the invitation letter and all docs, please how do i go about it from here, i need step by step method to do this or any body that just applied for his or her visa can also put me tru. also pls help state the docs i need including dat of my sponsor. ur swift response will be appreciated. God bless u

To start with....do you work, own a business or a student? IV letter alone will not get you a visa if you don't have good source of income in Nigeria.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 7:12am On Jan 05, 2013
Smooyis: Hi bros, I plan to join my wife in d uk by summer on a spousal settlement visa, but she told me abt d 18,000 pounds sponsors income per annum which she is not earning up to. We just got wedded when she came home last year and she holds a British passport. I plan to spend just a month for now because of my job here as a civil servant earning up to a gross salary of 150,000naira. How strong is this condition of 18,000 pounds going to affect my application? And is there anything I can do otherwise. Pls I need ur advise urgently. My wife seriously needs me as we ve got no child and of age. Thanks

Do you have enough savings from your salary to finance the trip and have enough to leave on when you come back to Nigeria? Do you have other investment in Nigeria..car, property etc? Yes the BHC may feel that because of your wife in the UK you probably will not come back but if you have a strong tie to Nigeria that will help your application.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 7:13am On Jan 05, 2013
ik.swiss:
Hello brother's and sister's am a student in georgia studying psychology am expecting an invitation letter from my girl friend who is a citizien of scottland but she got no statement of account please am i to go for the visa without the statement of account or which documents am i suppose to go with am just going for six months vacations......help needed ASAP o

Wait until you and your gf have the money, at the moment you don't qualify for any type of visa.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 7:19am On Jan 05, 2013
babybird82: Welldone guys for time taken to assist people dat need it.

My question is this:

If I am sponsoring myself but a friend wants to accomodate me in the UK, what documents are they to provide for me?

Also, if I decide to go the booking route, how do I go about it? What cards do they accept and where can one get such cards in Nigeria?

Has anyone tried wakanow.com before? I don't know if booking done tru them can be cancelled and refunded.

Thank you in anticipation for your replies. God bless you.

If your friend promised to accommodate you then he should send you prove of adequate accommodation...tenancy agreement, mortgage paper for example.

If you want to use booking then the hotel website will list names of acceptable cards. Some hotel will refund you if you cancelled within 72hrs before checking in but at POE you may be asked to show prove of hotel accommodation you claimed to have booked and if you don't have one then your journey ends there.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Smooyis(m): 8:22am On Jan 05, 2013
justwise:

Do you have enough savings from your salary to finance the trip and have enough to leave on when you come back to Nigeria? Do you have other investment in Nigeria..car, property etc? Yes the BHC may feel that because of your wife in the UK you probably will not come back but if you have a strong tie to Nigeria that will help your application.
Thanks for ur quick response. Am a senior civil servant, and i have close to 500k in my account and can increase it before submitting my application. And I have a car. But no property
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 9:05am On Jan 05, 2013
Smooyis: Thanks for ur quick response. Am a senior civil servant, and i have close to 500k in my account and can increase it before submitting my application. And I have a car. But no property

This link will help you http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/visiting/family/requirements/

If you have more question after reading then ask, but whatever you do don't state more than 2wks holiday and don't budget more than half of that 500k
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 9:27am On Jan 05, 2013
MAN AM PLANING ON USING MY BANK STATEMENT
justwise:

Wait until you and your gf have the money, at the moment you don't qualify for any type of visa.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 9:55am On Jan 05, 2013
ik.swiss:
MAN AM PLANING ON USING MY BANK STATEMENT

If you have good source of income and a tie to the country you are at the moment then try it.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by babybird82(f): 11:17am On Jan 05, 2013
justwise:

If your friend promised to accommodate you then he should send you prove of adequate accommodation...tenancy agreement, mortgage paper for example.

If you want to use booking then the hotel website will list names of acceptable cards. Some hotel will refund you if you cancelled within 72hrs before checking in but at POE you may be asked to show prove of hotel accommodation you claimed to have booked and if you don't have one then your journey ends there.

Thanks Justwise. I hope they wont be asking for any sort of financial proof from them. So that means they will have to give me a letter of invitation also.

For the booking, can i use the diamond extra savings account credit card for it? Which other banks can one get acceptable credit card from?(
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by iyke20024(m): 12:00pm On Jan 05, 2013
iF You are a student thet means you should hold some form of visa or residency..or probably limited workpermit.

You can actually, apply for a tourist visa from georgia to visit the UK. Since Geogia is not Nigeria and you are a student there with prove, it should not be difficult like applying from Nigeria.

Make sure you do that on your holiday period and you dont mention your girl friend is there.

Apply for let say 10 days.
justwise:

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 12:42pm On Jan 05, 2013
iyke20024: iF You are a student thet means you should hold some form of visa or residency..or probably limited workpermit.

You can actually, apply for a tourist visa from georgia to visit the UK. Since Geogia is not Nigeria and you are a student there with prove, it should not be difficult like applying from Nigeria.

Make sure you do that on your holiday period and you dont mention your girl friend is there.

Apply for let say 10 days.

That is not the point, can he afford a trip to the UK and still have money left in Georgia to return to? Does he have a strong tie to Georgia apart being a student there?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 12:45pm On Jan 05, 2013
babybird82:

Thanks Justwise. I hope they wont be asking for any sort of financial proof from them. So that means they will have to give me a letter of invitation also.

For the booking, can i use the diamond extra savings account credit card for it? Which other banks can one get acceptable credit card from?(

If you can prove that you have the money to finance the trip then they don't need show any financial proof.

I have never booked a flight from Nigeria so i wouldn't know the acceptable card to use.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 4:15pm On Jan 05, 2013
THANKS FELLAS BUT SHE TOLD ME ABOUT POST OFFICE ACCOUNT SHE HAS BUT AM NOT TOO SURE ABOUT IT BUT I CAN AFFORD MY FLIGHT TRIP AND SHE IS GONNA ACCOMMODATE ME WHILE STAYING THERE
justwise:

That is not the point, can he afford a trip to the UK and still have money left in Georgia to return to? Does he have a strong tie to Georgia apart being a student there?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ayobj: 5:55pm On Jan 05, 2013
justwise:

If you can prove that you have the money to finance the trip then they don't need show any financial proof.

I have never booked a flight from Nigeria so i wouldn't know the acceptable card to use.

REALLY.
SO HOW DID YOU GET TO EUROPE WHERE YOU ARE WRITING FROM?
JUST ASKING.NO PUN INTENDED.
HAPPY NEW YEAR grin
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 6:26pm On Jan 05, 2013
ayobj:

REALLY.
SO HOW DID YOU GET TO EUROPE WHERE YOU ARE WRITING FROM?
JUST ASKING.NO PUN INTENDED.
HAPPY NEW YEAR grin

I was referring to the use of any sort of bank card
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ayobj: 6:31pm On Jan 05, 2013
justwise:

I was referring to the use of any sort of bank card
I guessed as much.
how are you?

would have loved to call you in december.
travelled to the US enroute the UK.
wanted the adventure!!!!!!
stayed 7 hours on the depature leg at ibis heathrow and
30 hours on the depature leg at watford.
too tired to do anything meaningful.
take care bro.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by babybird82(f): 8:27am On Jan 06, 2013
justwise:

Justwise, he said he will only be sending me a letter of invite and that the british commision will call up his name on the system, pls hw true is this? He lives in a rented apartment with his wife and 2 kids. The wife is actually my friend, we were highschool classmates. He is Nigerian but was born in the UK.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by sfatoki: 6:09pm On Jan 06, 2013
Let me share wit u, I got married to my wife in nigeria in 2011 but b4 den she sent me an IV letter to visit UK which was refuse and later after our marriage I applied for settlement which was refused also in 2011 and we appeal which we just won last month. Pls get more advice from expert cos I don't want u to go through wht I went through. Goodluck to US
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by MrsBam: 7:35pm On Jan 06, 2013
sfatoki: Let me share wit u, I got married to my wife in nigeria in 2011 but b4 den she sent me an IV letter to visit UK which was refuse and later after our marriage I applied for settlement which was refused also in 2011 and we appeal which we just won last month. Pls get more advice from expert cos I don't want u to go through wht I went through. Goodluck to US

Wow a whole lng year..congrats on that...Am currently waiting for my spouse visa too..applied on the 13th of nov 2012...am sooo anxious..have u gotten your passport back?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Smooyis(m): 12:27am On Jan 07, 2013
justwise:

This link will help you http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/visiting/family/requirements/

If you have more question after reading then ask, but whatever you do don't state more than 2wks holiday and don't budget more than half of that 500k
. Tanks so much. I have gone thru d website and I think it makes a lot of sense. But u didn't explain why I should not budget more than #500k. Is it because she is going t accomodate me?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Smooyis(m): 12:40am On Jan 07, 2013
Mrs Bam:

Wow a whole lng year..congrats on that...Am currently waiting for my spouse visa too..applied on the 13th of nov 2012...am sooo anxious..have u gotten your passport back?
Was ur spouse able to meet the condition of 18,000 pounds annual income? Or was there no mention of dat when the application was being proceSsed?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Sunnybobo3(m): 8:30am On Jan 07, 2013
Smooyis: . Tanks so much. I have gone thru d website and I think it makes a lot of sense. But u didn't explain why I should not budget more than #500k. Is it because she is going t accomodate me?

He said you shouldn't budget more than half of that amount probably so that the ECO will see you have something to fall back on when you get back to Nigeria.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 9:31am On Jan 07, 2013
Sunny_bobo:

He said you shouldn't budget more than half of that amount probably so that the ECO will see you have something to fall back on when you get back to Nigeria.

100 likes
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Smooyis(m): 10:26am On Jan 07, 2013
Justwise thanks so much for d advice. Not forgettn mrs Bam and sunny bobo. U pple ar great!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by stone2x: 5:01pm On Jan 07, 2013
To start with....do you work, own a business or a student? IV letter alone will not get you a visa if you don't have good source of income in Nigeria.

Dear justwise:

thanks for the info and advice i do have a job. i work in a back and i have saving of 450k in by salary account

(1) (2) (3) ... (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) ... (426)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Travelling To Canada Part 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.