Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,072 members, 7,807,215 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:10 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 - Travel (100) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 (212164 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by Nobody: 8:47am On Jul 18, 2012
@walex, u can find me on YIM .. Just use my username here to sort me out so we cld plan d trip.. I intend leaving 10 or 11 or 12..

@Gboyega

So if u re sandwishd between old people, or even adult people in their late 40's and 50's , wetin u want make we dey yearn.. And as regard charging up ur phone, d airlines do have some in flight radio channels, I made use of dat, and it paid off to an extent.
I experienced it so I knw wat am talking abt,.. Na d movies for d plane lift my spirit up sef.. And ofcourse d ever smiling hostess..

@samiel
I think u shld try vayama.com and kayak.com.. If u re leaving late dis month, u shld see flight as low as 968 dolls for qatar airlines..

I am crossing my fingaz for qatar deals is always as low as 968dolls.. Mayb early nextweek, we shld b seeing dat.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by Nobody: 10:12am On Jul 18, 2012
For those interestd in leaving late dis month.. Egyptair 162k.. @ wakanow
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by product: 10:39am On Jul 18, 2012
stolll in ......------------------

SUCESSSS TO ALL APPLICANT THIS WEEK . BY HIS POWER IJN
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by kpolli(m): 11:02am On Jul 18, 2012
leadzeal: For those interestd in leaving late dis month.. Egyptair 162k.. @ wakanow

How comfortable is the flight?

Make e no be like Iberia wey I enter last month ooo
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by product: 11:04am On Jul 18, 2012
Anyone in the house going for interview in abuja . ?

Please holla . What's happening
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by Nobody: 11:19am On Jul 18, 2012
kpolli:

How comfortable is the flight?

Make e no be like Iberia wey I enter last month ooo

I knw of qatar and emirate sha.. Can't vouch for egypt air sha.. But if u check d time flight, e no too much.. U cld give it a try though.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by product: 11:32am On Jul 18, 2012
SJames: This is my very first post on this FORUM: it's about my INTERVIEW, yesterday in Lagos, and how I got my VISA - so simple, so smooth, so 'GOD'!

ME: Good afternoon Sir!

VO: Good afternoon, please pass your documents

ME: Documents passed

VO: Why are you going to US?

ME: I'm going for my Maser's Degree in Electrical Engineering (I avoided mentioning my major, Renewable Energy; if he needs to know that, he should ask...shikena.)

VO: What did you do in your undergraduate?

ME: I did Electrical(forgot to add electronic) Engineering

VO: Which School?

ME: 'am sorry I didn't hear that (I didn't want to assume nothing)

VO: Which School was that? (now I heard the question clearly)

ME: Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife

VO: So, where are you going in US?

ME: Said(At this point he already tore the green part of my ticket, but I didn't focus on that)

VO: What year did you finish?

ME: 2009(I actually wrote my final paper on February 6, 2010 but 2009 was the official year printed on my certificate...so, I went with that, no story...no time)

VO: So what have you been doing?

ME: 'have been working with ABC Nigeria Limited, a systems integration company)

VO: What do they do?

ME: Access Control, CCTV, IPTV...cut me

VO: Did you write any test?

ME: Yes I did(I waited for him to tell me to bring it before showing him...)

VO: Can I see the score sheet?

ME: Sure!!!(gave him)

VO: So, who is sponsoring you

ME: My Uncle

VO: What does he do?

ME: He is an oil marketer....owns petrol stations actually

VO: Can I have his statement?

ME: Yes(passed it)

VO: You know of the 30days Entry Rule (Nodded my head)...Ok, Safe trip to US, you can pick your VISA on Thursday

************************ S M I L E S *********************************************
(Those Security guys collected money from me o...despite a bold board warning they should never do that...Naija sha...but I gladly gave them too...lolz)

SUMMARY

1. There was nothing about home tie question/answer in all of those stuffs...prepare to answer it confidently just in case it comes but please note that: God can by-pass rules, #HE did in my case! So, here is the answer I had prepared for a home tie kinda question: The Federal Government is planning a massive investment on Renewable Energy as the alternative solution to the power challenge, there are very few experts available in the field now...I want to be part of the first implementation engineers here in Nigeria...it's a huge opportunity coming back home and I want to seize it now. If your RESEARCH AREA is not indicated on your I-20(which I doubt), pick up an area of interest that sounds convincing, even to you...who tells you I will end up studying renewable energy? US Education is damn too flexible...so help yourself, avoid plenty technical terms.

2. Here written, the interview looks like a long one. But no, I spent less than 2 minutes; before the end of the first minute, he already tore my pickup ticket. What I think: They know what they are looking for...once they see it, every other thing is secondary. Be calm, go straight to the answers, don't try to impress...dress simple, be confident and above all trust GOD (not those papers you have packed together to prove a point...I had close to 50 of them, only 2 were asked). #GOD FACTOR

3. I had a guy beside me who expressed his preference for a VO that was more lenient, not because he wasn't denying VISA but because he still listened to your case...maybe your foolishness too. So I told my one-minute-friend: calm down, take your mind off facts and figures. FEAR only steals your confidence and increases your chances of being denied. The harsh guy he was avoiding (cos the guy was denying a lot of people) interviewed me and I got my VISA...didn't wait for his own turn so can't say nothing about his interview. Some people avoid Lagos, maybe some Abuja...I think you are only paying t-fare for your FEAR. The worst is: You get denied & you re-apply and they give you the VISA...You would't quit at this stage now, will you? So take some breath and hope in GOD...Feed your FAITH to fat and stab your FEAR to death!

I almost gave-up but for God. Now, I know how our mind works...you will be tempted to start comparing profiles to determine your own chances. Maybe you shouldn't go that way! God created us unique, that's why your credentials may be different from mine, let him direct you on where to turn...Leaving Naija for America is no joke, beyond the paparazzi. Sounding too spiritual? Sorry, that's how I'm wired-up.

Ok, America is calling me...have gat to go mehn...lolz
All the very best to everyone, all genuine pursuit included.

Prahhh . Gos is good

Congrats , He will do Mine too .

Are u saying abuja is no good for now?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by Mozehh: 1:19pm On Jul 18, 2012
Guys please is there any maximum and/or minimum amount of cash you should have with you as a student when travelling to US?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by product: 1:36pm On Jul 18, 2012
Mozehh: Guys please is there any maximum and/or minimum amount of cash you should have with you as a student when travelling to US?

Not more than $10,000
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by emmanuelkim: 3:26pm On Jul 18, 2012
I WAS TOLD THAT ABUJA WAS HELL YESTERDAY, DEM NOR GIVE MY GUYS DEM VISA O, WHICH KIND WICKEDNESS COME BE THIS NA, NA SO DEM WANT TAKE EAT OUR MONEY FINISH, ABUJA NA HELL AND LAGOS NA HELL FIRE, I WANDER WHERE PERSON WAN RUN GO NOW O,

EXPERIENCE IMPERIOUXX IN D HOUSE MAKE UNA HELP O, HABI HE GET WHEN DEM DEY GIVE STUDENT VISA, PLEASE THAT MY GUY SOUND PASS ME O,

I WANDER WHERE TO GO NEXT, MAYBE CAMEROUN OR GAMBIA
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by bypassit: 4:00pm On Jul 18, 2012
@House,
Up till now,i have tried gettin an appointment date but the Trickling thingy aint Trickling anything oooo...My current date is 10th August and my school resumes August 6.Is there anything that could be done so i could get a early date as i have tried emergency request and it was denied and i have called them several times,they keep telling me they will opt me once there is available date and i think i have shared my last experience at June when i went for appointment and i was given the green ticket to pick up my visa at VSF office and then i later received a message from them and i only got to know i was Denied after i got my passport due to the fact that my I-20 got expired already and the school has a strong policy.
Please house do check and see if there is anymore i could do to get an early date.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by rowlandoo: 4:01pm On Jul 18, 2012
Try and not to compare yourself with no one this time . because i will be in abuja for my interview in few days .
The lord is my strenght , i shall flourish and conquer .

Be hopeful and optimistic

ciao
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by rowlandoo: 4:03pm On Jul 18, 2012
bypassit: @House,
Up till now,i have tried gettin an appointment date but the Trickling thingy aint Trickling anything oooo...My current date is 10th August and my school resumes August 6.Is there anything that could be done so i could get a early date as i have tried emergency request and it was denied and i have called them several times,they keep telling me they will opt me once there is available date and i think i have shared my last experience at June when i went for appointment and i was given the green ticket to pick up my visa at VSF office and then i later received a message from them and i only got to know i was Denied after i got my passport due to the fact that my I-20 got expired already and the school has a strong policy.
Please house do check and see if there is anymore i could do to get an early date.

cant understand , they gave you the green ticket at the embassy and you got denied at the vfs office , Due to your i-20 ? IF GOT IT RITE . please explain .
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by kpolli(m): 4:05pm On Jul 18, 2012
Its not about where u r interviewed, but how good u defend urself. . .

@bypassit, maybe u shud reapply forr emergency appointment again. . . Attach ur I-20 and co.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by bypassit: 4:19pm On Jul 18, 2012
rowlandoo:

cant understand , they gave you the green ticket at the embassy and you got denied at the vfs office , Due to your i-20 ? IF GOT IT RITE . please explain .
Yea exactly!!!i already bought my flight ticket self looking to fly the next day.Sad news though but all thanks to God!!!Not the end of the world!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by bypassit: 4:20pm On Jul 18, 2012
kpolli: Its not about where u r interviewed, but how good u defend urself. . .

@bypassit, maybe u shud reapply forr emergency appointment again. . . Attach ur I-20 and co.

i attached my i-20 and when i called them,they stated i was denied the emergency date because i have used the emergency option before and i got denied visa.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by drdolittle1: 4:46pm On Jul 18, 2012
imperiouxx:

All sent. Cheers!

Bros..God bless you! Dem no go snatch ya wife o..Amen! grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by yoyob: 4:48pm On Jul 18, 2012
Please can the house help me out, am having a problem with my. Appointment date in abuja..my session starts 17th september 2012 and my interview date is on the 27th of october 2012.. I have mailed and called no better response. I heard an interview on the 20th of june but I was denied,So I reapplied.... What do I do house?

Prahhh . Gos is good

Are u saying abuja is no good for now? [/quote]
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by product: 4:51pm On Jul 18, 2012
bypassit:
Yea exactly!!!i already bought my flight ticket self looking to fly the next day.Sad news though but all thanks to God!!!Not the end of the world!!!

I am very sorry to hear about your pathetic story .

U need prayer . What happened to your i-20 ? Initially .

Well abt the date m I guess you need to look for all this guys at the embassy to help u , they might but will be expensive .let me know.

Be of strong courage brouv .
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by kpolli(m): 4:52pm On Jul 18, 2012
bypassit:

i attached my i-20 and when i called them,they stated i was denied the emergency date because i have used the emergency option before and i got denied visa.

Ur case is unique, why are they being so difficult? Sha click that auto reschedule option
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by product: 4:53pm On Jul 18, 2012
emmanuelkim: I WAS TOLD THAT ABUJA WAS HELL YESTERDAY, DEM NOR GIVE MY GUYS DEM VISA O, WHICH KIND WICKEDNESS COME BE THIS NA, NA SO DEM WANT TAKE EAT OUR MONEY FINISH, ABUJA NA HELL AND LAGOS NA HELL FIRE, I WANDER WHERE PERSON WAN RUN GO NOW O,

EXPERIENCE IMPERIOUXX IN D HOUSE MAKE UNA HELP O, HABI HE GET WHEN DEM DEY GIVE STUDENT VISA, PLEASE THAT MY GUY SOUND PASS ME O,

I WANDER WHERE TO GO NEXT, MAYBE CAMEROUN OR GAMBIA

If I may ask , How was it it like hellm

Did your friends told you anything relevant .
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by Nobody: 5:30pm On Jul 18, 2012
yoyob: Please can the house help me out, am having a problem with my. Appointment date in abuja..my session starts 17th september 2012 and my interview date is on the 27th of october 2012.. I have mailed and called no better response. I heard an interview on the 20th of june but I was denied,So I reapplied.... What do I do house?

Prahhh . Gos is good

Yoyob: Have you tried the number on the website? House which Embassy is better for interviews now.. Abj or Lag?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by king14: 5:39pm On Jul 18, 2012
Please go to any one close to you Lagos or Abuja, its the same VO that is there. You never can tell where your help might come from. It might be the same Vo that has been denying peeps that will issue yours. My friend was denied in lagos somtime he then ran to abuja, was denied there too and came back to lagos and was issued within a minute.
You never know how the cards will turn out at the end of the day!

Congrats to everyone that has gotten their visas and those of us still awaiting interview, the Lord is our strenght!

Cheers!!

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by walex57(m): 8:44pm On Jul 18, 2012
leadzeal: @walex, u can find me on YIM .. Just use my username here to sort me out so we cld plan d trip.. I intend leaving 10 or 11 or 12..

@Gboyega

So if u re sandwishd between old people, or even adult people in their late 40's and 50's , wetin u want make we dey yearn.. And as regard charging up ur phone, d airlines do have some in flight radio channels, I made use of dat, and it paid off to an extent.
I experienced it so I knw wat am talking abt,.. Na d movies for d plane lift my spirit up sef.. And ofcourse d ever smiling hostess..

@samiel
I think u shld try vayama.com and kayak.com.. If u re leaving late dis month, u shld see flight as low as 968 dolls for qatar airlines..

I am crossing my fingaz for qatar deals is always as low as 968dolls.. Mayb early nextweek, we shld b seeing dat.

yeah...you're in the spirit bro grin grin grin grin grin...i also plan to move around 11th or 12th...abeg once you see those sexy correct deals, lemme know ooo...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by SJames: 9:23pm On Jul 18, 2012
kpolli:

Congrats bro

Thank you so much...all the best too!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by SJames: 9:27pm On Jul 18, 2012
product:

Prahhh . Gos is good

Thank you and, Amen!!! NO, I never said that: I have meant everywhere is good, it all depends on you. Once you can win the battle inside first, the reality is sure. So believe!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by shamoney1: 10:18pm On Jul 18, 2012
Anybody goin to abuja on monday??
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by ahmedgafar7(m): 10:31pm On Jul 18, 2012
sha_money: Anybody goin to abuja on monday??
is it for interview
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by shamoney1: 11:00pm On Jul 18, 2012
Yes interview on monday
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by shamoney1: 11:00pm On Jul 18, 2012
Yes who is goin for interview on monday
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by imperiouxx(m): 1:59am On Jul 19, 2012
dr_dolittle:

Bros..God bless you! Dem no go snatch ya wife o..Amen! grin

Biggest amen here my friend. Else, I no go no where to start again grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (97) (98) (99) (100) (101)

Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou / Poland Work Visa / Where Are Nigerians In Australia .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.