Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,733 members, 7,802,215 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:10 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 (212099 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (101) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by cleverdude: 3:05pm On Jan 03, 2012
Have all spring applicants gone 4 their interviews? Why is the room so quiet?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by imperiouxx(m): 4:05pm On Jan 03, 2012
O give thanks unto the LORD; for he is good: for his mercy endureth for ever. Ps: 136

To Almighty God

To my well wishers that consoled me in the time of my denial

imperiouxx:

Yea, I was denied by the lady in window 7 for the reason no one could say but I guess not a better luck this time. The down fall of a man isn't the end of his life. Thanks all. Posting the exp soon.

Yea, I was granted by the lady in window 2 lagos for the reason only God could say, so  I guess it's a better luck this time. When there is life, there is hope only if one is hopeful. Thanks all. Posting the exp soon.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by OlivaTwist: 4:20pm On Jan 03, 2012
OMG, This is wonderful news. What a good way to begin the new year.

I think the first lesson I have learned in this new year is to be Calm in the midst of Adversity, for someday your needs shall be met.

BIG CONGRATS IMPERIOUXXXXX!!! Happy for ya!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by freeR1: 4:26pm On Jan 03, 2012
imperiouxx:

O give thanks unto the LORD; for he is good: for his mercy endureth for ever. Ps: 136

To Almighty God

For everyone here

Yea, I was granted by the lady in window 2 lagos for the reason only God could say, so  I guess it's a better luck this time. When there is life there is hope only if one is hopeful. Thanks all. Posting the exp soon.

Congrats Bro, God is really faithfully and patience is indeed a virtue. Though let down by your school's Graduate Adviser, denied and all, u kept pushing. You are an inspiration, congrats. Fall hopefuls Leggo!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by newacca: 5:43pm On Jan 03, 2012
@imperiouxx, smiley
Glory be to God. I've learnt a lot 4rm u that it pays to be hopeful. I give thanks to God on ur behalf. I dropped a response to ur comment on the canada study visa thread. This is our year of glory. Big ups friend. I wish u success in ur career in the states and in d future. I remain optimistic that I shall join all u guyz 2 study in d western world( N.America) one day(God willing). Go out there and make 9ja proud brova. We r solidly behind u. Do rememba 2 check back on the forum and contribute wherever u can. U r source of inspiration n support 2 loads of ppl. here. c ya l8er. CONGRATS!!!
ciao cool smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by Square65: 5:51pm On Jan 03, 2012
imperiouxx:

To Almighty God

Yea, I was granted by the lady in window 2 lagos for the reason only God could say, so  I guess it's a better luck this time. When there is life there is hope only if one is hopeful. Thanks all. Posting the exp soon.

Imperiouxx welcome on board!!! God is a faithful God. We are so happy for you. When are u planning to leave 9ja? Pls lemme know your itinerary.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by nairaspace: 8:20pm On Jan 03, 2012
imperiouxx:

To Almighty God

Yea, I was granted by the lady in window 2 lagos for the reason only God could say, so  I guess it's a better luck this time. When there is life, there is hope only if one is hopeful. Thanks all. Posting the exp soon.

Thats whats upp!!!! Thank God!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by screamie(f): 9:34pm On Jan 03, 2012
Congrats Imperioux, this is great news. I wish you all the best ahead.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by deevick246(m): 11:25pm On Jan 03, 2012
imperiouxx:

To Almighty God

Congratulations!!! I am glad you didn't give up and now I believe you are smiling the better. I am very happy for you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by kidUrbane: 3:46am On Jan 04, 2012
Thank God for you Imperiouxx.Success story atlast.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by rowlandoo: 8:32am On Jan 04, 2012
@House

I am convinced that God is the only one that could do it , i am so happy for Imperiouxx the way he did yours Na so i go collect my own , Please for those who are already styyding in the Us now , what are the extent of an international student Grant , does it help well while studying ? Any reply is accepted
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by classy013: 9:31am On Jan 04, 2012
That's incredible. I am happy for you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by rowlandoo: 11:54am On Jan 04, 2012
@house

Please can anyone answer my question please , m@imperiouxx waiting for your intrvw experience . i added you too
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by imperiouxx(m): 12:13pm On Jan 04, 2012
As usual at lagos consulate, three VOs while tally number being called. The first VO, black lady nice but slow taking up to 6 to 8 mins, the second a guy white and the third a black guy fast in action. Both the two male no won see any students ni, they are quick in denying students, though I saw each of them giving one student each while bouncing up to 12 in a row just like in abuja in december especially that black male VO. So I started praying not to fall on that black guy and knowing fully well that the black lady is by divine favor only. The lady number board was on 187, the first guy 191, the second guy 193 while my number was 203. The lady just granted the girl (187) and all of a sudden, her board flashed 203 my number, jumping 194, 195, 196 and so on. I wasn't sure of what I'm seeing and started look at my number clearly again as if I was blind before because I know it was never near my turn but forgotten that Almighty God counts and assigns numbers anyhow that suite him alone.

The interview started like guessing session between us after the normal greetings.

VO: why do you want to study in US?
ME: because universities in US are going in parallel with the new development in science research field.
VO: (smiling) not all universities in US can be compare with one another, you know some are good than others. . . .
ME: sure but their research strength can't still be compare with that of any other country in the world.
VO: (now laughing) we know that but what about countries like UK and so on they have good schools too, why don't you applied there?
ME: yes they do but US have her universities leading the world ranking making the first 5 (I flopped, I should have said first 3 but she care less of any of my mistakes), so US is a citadel of learning with world leading universities (at this stage, she became still looking at me critically)
VO: why master, why not going for like Phd ie your doctorate. . . .
ME: I think is better doing MS before Phd like we do it here so that the knowledge gained from MS could be transferred to Phd.
VO: doing doctorate would have been fast. . . . .
ME: *went blank* . . . .the MS is just better for now.
VO: I'm saying that. . . . ., never mind, never mind (now smiling heavily like I got you this time. I didn't find that easy because I know her point only pretending I don't know one can go for Phd without MS in US)
VO: what course are you going for?
ME: Chem specializing in Biochem.
VO: you read Biochem and going for Chem?
ME: yes, chem is a mother course where Biochem can be studied and it is related with my job function.
VO: what are the courses under this course?
ME: (start listing while she was curious to hear everything) instrumental analysis, organic chem, biochem, bioenergetics, enzymology, immunochem, analytical techniques. . . .When I discovered she was just listening, I told her I'm only taking 9 CH this semester and listed again the first 3.
VO: how many years is the course?
ME: told her 18 months
VO: when did you graduate?
ME: 2005
VO: (smiling) so what have you been doing like after your BSc?
ME: after my BSc, I served and joined my work from 2007 till now.
VO: which school?
ME: told her
VO: any test?
ME: told her i was exempted from them and gave her the letter from the graduate coordinator.
VO: what about your waec?
ME: (inside me saying waec ke or transcript you meant to ask) gave my wes evaluation, BS cert and waec last. She collected them but only checked the BS cert then the transcript page to page. While that was going on, I just dey do over sabi join am by telling her the GA position is because of my good BSc grade and my 4 years at work in same field.
VO: (passing my credential back) who is paying the remaining fee?
ME: told her my father
VO: what does he do?
ME: told her
VO: any statement?
ME: (finding the statement for some seconds while the thing camouflaged itself with other docs) gave her the bank statement, the letter from my father and bank. She checked the letters, the statement to the end and pass everything back to me.

Typed very fast for like 20 to 30 seconds and cut off the tip of the green tag and told me when and where to get my docs back. I replied thank you X3 while she responded with a big smile saying you're welcome. . . . you're lucky. . . . My interview was just like an interactive session without any idea to gain. The lady was there to catch fun and interact with people not interrogative like other VOs. I guess that's why she is slow on every applicant.

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by cleverdude: 12:45pm On Jan 04, 2012
Imperiouxx,all i can say is,u deserve it,no doubt. Haba! Two weeks intervals,u reapplied n got it,different consulates. How did u get a dat suddenly,man? Cos,i need a sudden date lyk dat as well
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by imperiouxx(m): 12:56pm On Jan 04, 2012
@clever,

I paid another fee on that Dec 21 before leaving abuja next day. In lagos I got Feb 1 and wrote them for emergency date on friday evening while it was granted the next day. On cancelling the Feb date, I saw Jan 3, 10am. Thats it. Everything is just 13 days interval. Still Almighty God ni o not my goddamn bravity, most especially the tally number skipping thing, still surprising me up till now.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by cleverdude: 1:28pm On Jan 04, 2012
Imperiouxx,u no knw say Almighty jah noni with u den. God has used u to open the gate of visa 4 d yr 2012,i must say that the 1st 3 students going after u,on this thread must get theirs as well. Pls,drop me ur facebuk name,so we cn chat,mine is Prosper Joseph,wearing a red country-side cap and folding hands. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by rowlandoo: 3:10pm On Jan 04, 2012
IS THERE NO ONE GOING FOR UNDERGREDUATE STUDIES IN THE HOUSE ,

WETTING DEY HAPPEN NAH
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by cleverdude: 3:26pm On Jan 04, 2012
Rolandoo,dnt u knw all spring applicants av started travelling 4 der studies,which starts this JAN?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by aroy1: 4:11pm On Jan 04, 2012
imperiouxx

I think you flunked on the Phd v Masters part, but you were lucky she did not hold you to that. You could have said since bachelor's is not research-based, Master's partially is, you need a smooth transition to doctorate which is wholly research-based.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by classy013: 4:26pm On Jan 04, 2012
When God is with someone. Everything falls into place. Congrats, my dear friend.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by classy013: 4:31pm On Jan 04, 2012
imperiouxx, pls add me on skype and lets chat with my classy013 as a user name.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by imperiouxx(m): 4:34pm On Jan 04, 2012
aroy1:

imperiouxx

I think you flunked on the Phd v Masters part, but you were lucky she did not hold you to that. You could have said since bachelor's is not research-based, Master's partially is, you need a smooth transition to doctorate which is wholly research-based.

Sure, I did fucck up good there thats why I went blank at that extent and she smiled after I don't have anymore logical reason. Even where I was talking about world school ranking, I gave wrong data. The lady don't just give a damn about any mistake only smiling, laughing, doing hands & eyes demonstration and catching fun.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by classy013: 4:36pm On Jan 04, 2012
sorry, classy013
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by aroy1: 4:40pm On Jan 04, 2012
imperiouxx

She did give a damn. She probably believed in a second chance.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by imperiouxx(m): 4:45pm On Jan 04, 2012
everywhere I used imperiouxx except on facebook.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by cleverdude: 5:00pm On Jan 04, 2012
@imperiouxx,even on facebook? Is ur name imperiouxx?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by cleverdude: 5:06pm On Jan 04, 2012
@aroy1,i think she was having a good time.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by Goshen360(m): 9:32pm On Jan 04, 2012
@ imperiouxx

Congrat. Now you see when i gave my hints and tips, though i might not be 100% correct but say on a good day, 80% correct, pple labelled me and called me names. I also said, you cant erase luck and favour from God when it comes to visa issues at the US embassy. Anyway, welcome to the US nation. I reside in US and feel free to chat me anytime. I will add u on yahoo msger but mine is goshen360@yahoo.co.uk

Enjoy bro.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by imperiouxx(m): 12:07am On Jan 05, 2012
I need anyone within lubbock (TX) or amarillo(TX) or close to the west TX, my YIM is imperiouxx at yahoo dot com. Looming crisis is coming in Nigeria soon, everything would be grounded indefinitely. Students having classes starting from next week should be checking out fast.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by phy: 3:17am On Jan 05, 2012
imperiouxx:

I need anyone within lubbock (TX) or amarillo(TX) or close to the west TX, my YIM is imperiouxx at yahoo dot com. Looming crisis is coming in Nigeria soon, everything would be grounded indefinitely. Students having classes starting from next week should be checking out fast.
I've been waiting for your post. Again, for those castigating imperiouxx because of GRE when the school doesn't require it, I believe his response wouldn't have caused a denial and even if there will be a denial (which we thank God never happened) it will rather be because of the Phd response which Aroy addressed above.

For the flight, please check delta airways. They have some ongoing deals from HOU and IAH to LOS (return ticket) for less than $1k so I believe you could play with that.

Wishing you all the best.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by dexterousg: 5:56am On Jan 05, 2012
Imperioux and all,has anyone scheduled an appointment recently in lagos and what is the earliest appointment date at this point in time?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (101)

Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou / Poland Work Visa / Where Are Nigerians In Australia .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.