Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,943 members, 7,799,202 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 04:55 PM

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 - Travel (106) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 (1032291 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by midmenconsult: 10:32am On Feb 13, 2015
Following on from the email I received after my enquiry to the UKVI international customer service department, I have received a formal email from Sheffield stating tnat a decision has been made and my application processed wnich I would like to share with the house. Does anyone know,from the nature of this email, if this is an approved or refused application?
▶ Show quoted text

Subject: Your Visa Application : VAF ******
Dear my name

Regarding Visa Application:  GWF*********
For: my name

A decision has been made on your UK Visa application.  Your application will be dispatched shortly from the Decision Making Centre in Sheffield, UK.  If anyone contacts you advising that your application is still under consideration or that they can influence the outcome of your application in any way, they cannot - please report any such approach to VisaSheffield@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk.

Applications submitted at a Visa Application Centre will be returned there for you to collect.

You should not expect to receive any further notification from this office unless you have made your application in North America and submitted a pre-paid courier envelope for your documents to be returned directly to you.  If so you will also receive a further email with the courier tracking reference.

Kind regards,

Sheffield Visa Section

This is an automated message – please do not respond to this email address as incoming mail is not answered. UKVI contact details can be found at www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-outside-uk

***********************************************************************************
Visit http://www.gov.uk/fco  for British foreign policy news and travel advice and http://blogs.fco.gov.uk to read our blogs.

This email (with any attachments) is intended for the attention of the addressee(s) only. If you are not the intended recipient, please inform the sender straight away before deleting the message without copying, distributing or disclosing its contents to any other person or organisation. Unauthorised use, disclosure, storage or copying is not permitted.
Any views or opinions expressed in this e-mail do not necessarily reflect the FCO's policy.
The FCO keeps and uses information in line with the Data Protection Act 1998. Personal information may be released to other UK government departments and public authorities.
All messages sent and received by members of the Foreign & Commonwealth Office and its missions overseas may be automatically logged, monitored and/or recorded in accordance with the Telecommunications (Lawful Business Practice) (Interception of Communications) Regulations 2000.
***********************************************************************************
▶ Show quoted text
quote author=midmenconsult post=30590895]Many thanks @justwise. I will let the house know how this one pans lit(fingers crossed it's positive) . My wife is 4 months pregnant and any decision other than a positive one will upset my life's balance.
quote author=justwise post=30589957]
It's not generic, your application has been processed and on transit to visa centre in Nigeria, they will contact you when it gets there and ready for collection [/quote]

Following on from the email I received after my enquiry to the UKVI international customer service department, I have received a formal email from Sheffield stating tnat a decision has been made and my application processed wnich I would like to share with the house. Does anyone know,from the nature of this email, if this is an approved or refused? @justwise @girlfio any takes?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 10:33am On Feb 13, 2015
Omoboy:
I have checked the site the earliest date for the test is april which would be late do you know any other organisation that conduct the English test ?

Have you tried british council website? They have info on that
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 10:38am On Feb 13, 2015
midmenconsult:
Following on from the email I received after my enquiry to the UKVI international customer service department, I have received a formal email from Sheffield stating tnat a decision has been made and my application processed wnich I would like to share with the house. Does anyone know,from the nature of this email, if this is an approved or refused application?
▶ Show quoted text

Dear my name

A decision has been made on your UK Visa application.  Your application will be dispatched shortly from the Decision Making Centre in Sheffield, UK.  If anyone contacts you advising that your application is still under consideration or that they can influence the outcome of your application in any way, they cannot - please report any such approach to VisaSheffield@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk.

Applications submitted at a Visa Application Centre will be returned there for you to collect.

You should not expect to receive any further notification from this office unless you have made your application in North America and submitted a pre-paid courier envelope for your documents to be returned directly to you.  If so you will also receive a further email with the courier tracking reference.

Kind regards,

Sheffield Visa Section

This is an automated message – please do not respond to this email address as incoming mail is not answered. UKVI contact details can be found at www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-outside-uk

Visit http://www.gov.uk/fco  for British foreign policy news and travel advice and http://blogs.fco.gov.uk to read our blogs.

This email (with any attachments) is intended for the attention of the addressee(s) only. If you are not the intended recipient, please inform the sender straight away before deleting the message without copying, distributing or disclosing its contents to any other person or organisation. Unauthorised use, disclosure, storage or copying is not permitted.
Any views or opinions expressed in this e-mail do not necessarily reflect the FCO's policy.
The FCO keeps and uses information in line with the Data Protection Act 1998. Personal information may be released to other UK government departments and public authorities.
All messages sent and received by members of the Foreign & Commonwealth Office and its missions overseas may be automatically logged, monitored and/or recorded in accordance with the Telecommunications (Lawful Business Practice) (Interception of Communications) Regulations 2000.
▶ Show quoted text
quote author=midmenconsult post=30590895]Many thanks @justwise. I will let the house know how this one pans lit(fingers crossed it's positive) . My wife is 4 months pregnant and any decision other than a positive one will upset my life's balance.
It's not generic, your application has been processed and on transit to visa centre in Nigeria, they will contact you when it gets there and ready for collection

Following on from the email I received after my enquiry to the UKVI international customer service department, I have received a formal email from Sheffield stating tnat a decision has been made and my application processed wnich I would like to share with the house. Does anyone know,from the nature of this email, if this is an approved or refused? @justwise @girlfio any takes?

That email did not indicate whether you have been given or not, just be patient and wait until you are called to pick it up.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Omoboy(m): 12:03pm On Feb 13, 2015
justwise:

Have you tried british council website? They have info on that

Thanks for your response I have tried British council website the earliest date is april that is why I wanted to know if other organisation conduct the test apart from the British council.Also do you think they would accept degree in yoruba education instead of the English test for uk spouse settlement visa.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Nobody: 12:11pm On Feb 13, 2015
midmenconsult:
▶ Show quoted text

Dear my name

Kind regards,

Sheffield Visa Section

▶ Show quoted text
It's not generic, your application has been processed and on transit to visa centre in Nigeria, they will contact you when it gets there and ready for collection

Congratulation!!!! Your visa definitely approved. When your have VAF: xxxxxx as the subject of the email. That is your visa reference.[/color][color=#990000]

2 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by midmenconsult: 1:58pm On Feb 13, 2015
[quote author=jummysum post=30691611][/quote]
I will be completely over the moon if this is the case. Watch this space guys smiley
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Omoboy(m): 9:38pm On Feb 13, 2015
midmenconsult:

I will be completely over the moon if this is the case. Watch this space guys smiley

Wishing you good luck.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Omoboy(m): 9:31pm On Feb 15, 2015
Hello all a quick question my wife is about to apply for spouse visa but her passport is in her maiden name does she have to change the name on her passport to reflect my name ?or can we apply with the passport that bears her former name and back it up with our marriage cert .
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by fhoemay: 10:14pm On Feb 15, 2015
@justwise thank you for your advices next month im flying to u.k God Bless everyone...
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 10:54pm On Feb 15, 2015
Omoboy:
Hello all a quick question my wife is about to apply for spouse visa but her passport is in her maiden name does she have to change the name on her passport to reflect my name ?or can we apply with the passport that bears her former name and back it up with our marriage cert .

Let her get another passport that will reflect her married status.....it makes things a lot easier.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 10:55pm On Feb 15, 2015
fhoemay:
@justwise thank you for your advices next month im flying to u.k God Bless everyone...

All the very best.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Omoboy(m): 10:58pm On Feb 15, 2015
Thanks alot justwise God bless

justwise:

Let her get another passport that will reflect her married status.....it makes things a lot easier.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 4:46am On Feb 16, 2015
Omoboy:

You can do it either way. But I would suggest she applies with her maiden name.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Omoboy(m): 8:55am On Feb 16, 2015
Hello thanks for your response i am confused now Justwise said it would be better to apply with her married status

Lexusgs430:

You can do it either way. But I would suggest she applies with her maiden name.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 9:04am On Feb 16, 2015
Omoboy:
Hello thanks for your response i am confused now Justwise said it would be better to apply with her married status

I stated it can be done either way. But for reasons which would or might become apparent, the maiden name would always be my default position (personal opinion).
You have a registry office marriage certificate to prove your union and other supporting documents.
So having your name on her passport, is simply administrative!!!
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by andrea84: 9:13am On Feb 16, 2015
Hello justwise,I tracked my visa application and they replied back with this message

Thank you for contacting the UK Visas and Immigration International Enquiry
Service.

We understand that you would like to know about the current status of your
visa application. I have tracked the status  and found that the application
has been processed and it should be with you in the next few days.

You will find out further when you will pick up the visa.

Please note that your passport and documentation could still take some time
to reach you whilst being sent back from the decision making centre and
whilst other administrative formalities are completed. The visa application
centre will be in contact with you regarding the collection or deliver.do you think the visa has been granted or rejected?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Omoboy(m): 10:01am On Feb 16, 2015
Lexusgs430:

I stated it can be done either way. But for reasons which would or might become apparent, the maiden name would always be my default position (personal opinion).
You have a registry office marriage certificate to prove your union and other supporting documents.
So having your name on her passport, is simply administrative!!!

Thanks for your explanation I will go with your advice.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by teegirl2810: 3:12pm On Feb 16, 2015
Hello ppl
I want to know if my husband who is in the UK presently can apply for visa for us to join him or if we can only apply from here. if he can, how can he go about it...thanx
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 4:18pm On Feb 16, 2015
teegirl2810:
Hello ppl
I want to know if my husband who is in the UK presently can apply for visa for us to join him or if we can only apply from here. if he can, how can he go about it...thanx

Who is us? Are you legally married(registry)? What sort of visa application? Do you have his consent? If he truly wants you to join, he generally would have an idea of the visa process.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by teegirl2810: 4:29pm On Feb 16, 2015
Our baby n I,yes we are legally married, spousal visa and yes he wants us to go to him.we want to know of he can apply for us because I depend on him and if he can apply there will be no need sending the money to me to do so
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 5:02pm On Feb 16, 2015
teegirl2810:
Our baby n I,yes we are legally married, spousal visa and yes he wants us to go to him.we want to know of he can apply for us because I depend on him and if he can apply there will be no need sending the money to me to do so

What's his status in the uk?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by teegirl2810: 5:08pm On Feb 16, 2015
Lexusgs430:

What's his status in the uk?
he is a tier 4 student
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 5:31pm On Feb 16, 2015
teegirl2810:

he is a tier 4 student

Seems a tier 4 thread has already been created on this platform.
Read through the resource of questions and feedbacks, you are bound to find answers to your questions.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by teegirl2810: 6:03pm On Feb 16, 2015
Lexusgs430:

Seems a tier 4 thread has already been created on this platform.
Read through the resource of questions and feedbacks, you are bound to find answers to your questions.

That would take more time...please kindly answer if he can or not....
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by midmenconsult: 6:58am On Feb 18, 2015
I picked up my package from teleperformance in VI yesterday and did not open it till the door of my hotel room was firmly locked behind me....I got my Visa cheesy
I want to appreciate @Lexusgs430 who first responded to my request for Information almost 3 months ago when I decided to come back to Nigeria to reapply for my spouse visa having been rejected an in-country application in the UK last year. I overstayed in the UK for almost 10 years and decided enough was enough...it was indeed the best decision I ever made. I also want to appreciate @justwise for managing and coordinating this forum. Well that's me done and I am going back to meet my madam after almost 3 months apart. I will still be a part of this forum to provide assistance to anyone going through something similar to what I went through.For those who are still waiting, anticipating I say" Never give up". Bless y'all!

3 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 7:57am On Feb 18, 2015
Omoboy:

Yes and i still stand by that, if you are married then use your husband's name or use it plus your maiden name like many married women do, it saves you a whole lot of trouble when completing official documents in future.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 7:59am On Feb 18, 2015
andrea84:
Hello justwise,I tracked my visa application and they replied back with this message

Thank you for contacting the UK Visas and Immigration International Enquiry
Service.

We understand that you would like to know about the current status of your
visa application. I have tracked the status  and found that the application
has been processed and it should be with you in the next few days.

You will find out further when you will pick up the visa.

Please note that your passport and documentation could still take some time
to reach you whilst being sent back from the decision making centre and
whilst other administrative formalities are completed. The visa application
centre will be in contact with you regarding the collection or deliver.do you think the visa has been granted or rejected?

You now have to wait for them to contact you when its ready for collection
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 7:59am On Feb 18, 2015
midmenconsult:
I picked up my package from teleperformance in VI yesterday and did not open it till the door of my hotel room was firmly locked behind me....I got my Visa cheesy
I want to appreciate @Lexusgs430 who first responded to my request for Information almost 3 months ago when I decided to come back to Nigeria to reapply for my spouse visa having been rejected an in-country application in the UK last year. I overstayed in the UK for almost 10 years and decided enough was enough...it was indeed the best decision I ever made. I also want to appreciate @justwise for managing and coordinating this forum. Well that's me done and I am going back to meet my madam after almost 3 months apart. I will still be a part of this forum to provide assistance to anyone going through something similar to what I went through.For those who are still waiting, anticipating I say" Never give up". Bless y'all!

Congratulations!

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by willwin2: 8:58am On Feb 18, 2015
[quote author=midmenconsult post=30836164]I picked up my package from teleperformance in VI yesterday and did not open it till the door of my hotel room was firmly locked behind me....I got my Visa cheesy

You are so lucky, I have done same and I am still here one year and counting, hopefully I will win at court. Congrats.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 9:02am On Feb 18, 2015
midmenconsult:

Congratulations is well in order!!!! An invite to wazobia, tomis kitchen or 805, to get constipated on Monica and drunk with Gulder would be the icing on the Moimoi!!!

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 9:05am On Feb 18, 2015
justwise:

Yes and i still stand by that, if you are married then use your husband's name or use it plus your maiden name like many married women do, it saves you a whole lot of trouble when completing official documents in future.

I strongly object!!!!
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 9:08am On Feb 18, 2015
Lexusgs430:

I strongly object!!!!

You are entitled to that.

(1) (2) (3) ... (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) ... (511) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.