Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,561 members, 7,809,050 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:52 PM

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 - Travel (114) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 (1034548 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by daramolavo: 2:49pm On Apr 26, 2015
TITILOPE86:
Good evening my people please I need your help, please what is the content of the email they use to send to tell people that they have make decisions on the application and after the decision how can I get my supporting document back cos I sent it from nigeria and is original document and I dint put any return address there can they send it to my husband there, how am I got to get it back, and like how many days should I go I pick my passport, thanks ,God bless you.

First you get this;

Dear Full Name

Regarding Visa Application: Online application reference number
For: Full Name

A decision has been made on your UK Visa application. Your application will be dispatched shortly from the Decision Making Centre in Sheffield, UK. If anyone contacts you advising that your application is still under consideration or that they can influence the outcome of your application in any way, they cannot - please report any such approach to VisaSheffield@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk.

Applications submitted at a Visa Application Centre will be returned there for you to collect.

You should not expect to receive any further notification from this office unless you have made your application in North America and submitted a pre-paid courier envelope for your documents to be returned directly to you. If so you will also receive a further email with the courier tracking reference.

Second you get this;

Dear FULL NAME,

Regarding Visa Application: Online application number
For: FULL NAME

RETURN OF SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS -IMPORTANT

We are holding important supporting documents in relation to your recent application. It is important that a suitable sized envelope with appropriate postage be supplied so we can return all the supporting documents to your UK sponsors address.

Please send a suitable sized envelope with appropriate postage to:

Sheffield Visa Section
Vulcan House Iron, Floor 4
6 Millsands
Sheffield
S3 8NH
Please quote reference VAF XXXXX

Kind regards,

Sheffield Visa Section

Kind regards,

Sheffield Visa Section

And the 3rd and 4th message comes from Teleperformance
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by TITILOPE86: 10:04pm On Apr 26, 2015
Thanks, yes I got the first Mail, but have not receive the second mail asking for envelop to post my supporting document, and again please is it true that if the put VAF xxxxxx as the subject of the mail does that mean that mean approve or refusal, thanks for your respond, God bless you.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by TITILOPE86: 10:17pm On Apr 26, 2015
[quote author=jummysum post=30691611][/quote]please is true if the subject of the mail include VAF xxxxxx that means approve or refuse
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by daramolavo: 6:21pm On Apr 27, 2015
TITILOPE86:
please is true if the subject of the mail include VAF xxxxxx that means approve or refuse

Well to the best of my knowledge that was true for my application but i cant say if thats actually true because i was made to understand that is a standard message that doesnt signifiy if your visa has been approved or not.

When did you receive the first mail? I receive my second mail 24 hours later.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Gisy2007(m): 10:11pm On Apr 27, 2015
Hi house,
thanks for the good job u guys are doing to help some of us.Much appreciated.
I have applied for an EEA family visa on the 13/3/15
went for appointment and biometric prints on the 25/3/15
Did a video interview that same day.
I was called for an interview with an ECO on the 15/4/15
i was told by the ECO that same day after the interview that a decision will be made within the week after my wife who is in the UK have been interviewed which they did minutes after me leaving the interview room.
I have not received any email or message about the application till last Monday when i contacted the visa application tracking service.i got any email that a decision has been made on my application and i should expect call or message from teleperformance service when my passport and documents are ready for collection.
Its a week now still no call nor email .
I want to ask how long must i wait for the call for collection as am getting more stressed with this waiting .
pls need your help.Thanks in advance
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by TITILOPE86: 10:16pm On Apr 27, 2015
thanks so much for your respond, God bless you, is that the message they normally send to everybody or is it different, I got my first mail on Friday, and since then have not heard anything from them, o don't know when to go to ikeja to pick my passport, cod I don't know maybe is with them now,and I don't know how to get my supporting document back,please help me, when do you think I should go and pick my passport and how to get my supporting document back, cos send it from nigeria and they are my original document, please I will be waiting for your response.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Gisy2007(m): 11:11pm On Apr 27, 2015
pls wait a little while
they will contact u by email or will phone u when its ready for collection.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lasmab: 1:39pm On Apr 29, 2015
Hello house, please I need some competent information. As you are all knew my story so far, I want someone who can tell me a full details about Surinder Singh: (EU TREATY)

How long would it take my wife to claim her EU treaty and How long would it take us to make a spouse application through this process? Please house, Thank you.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Benuromi: 5:14pm On Apr 29, 2015
Please, I need advice here. I am about to apply for spouse visa. Number 1 question, my wife TB results will expire by 22nd July 2015. Is it advisable to still using it to apply first week of May? Second question, I will getting my P60 by May ending, can I use my 12 months payslips to cover that as I don't want the TB TEST too close to expire as I will get my P60 by May ending. I mean can I used 12 months payslips as march payslip have my annual gross, Tax and NI? I will appreciate everyone advice. Thanks to all.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Motun123(f): 12:17am On Apr 30, 2015
Hello house. I'm relatively new in this post. Please I need advise from the gurus in the house. My boyfriend has a 3 years working permit with a good job in uk. We are planning to settle down and he wants to invite me to come and join him. I applied for a visiting visa last year where I refused to state that I know him when they asked about the people I know in uK. Reason being that Hope the immigration officer won't think I want to go to uk to see him and not come back to Nigeria again (I wasn't granted the visa tho) So here are my questions... Do they automatically renew visas in uk after it expires for people with limited work permit or how it's been done generally? What are the requirements we need for me to apply for a spousal visa to uk? When applying for the spousal visa, would the record of me saying I don't know anyone in uk not come up and they might want to raise eyebrows? I really need information about going to uk via spousal visa (by marriage. I would appreciate responses and more clarification. Thanks and God bless.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 12:30am On Apr 30, 2015
Motun123:
Hello house. I'm relatively new in this post. Please I need advise from the gurus in the house. My boyfriend has a 3 years working permit with a good job in uk. We are planning to settle down and he wants to invite me to come and join him. I applied for a visiting visa last year where I refused to state that I know him when they asked about the people I know in uK. Reason being that Hope the immigration officer won't think I want to go to uk to see him and not come back to Nigeria again (I wasn't granted the visa tho) So here are my questions... Do they automatically renew visas in uk after it expires for people with limited work permit or how it's been done generally? What are the requirements we need for me to apply for a spousal visa to uk? When applying for the spousal visa, would the record of me saying I don't know anyone in uk not come up and they might want to raise eyebrows? I really need information about going to uk via spousal visa (by marriage. I would appreciate responses and more clarification. Thanks and God bless.

Its not automatic, he has to apply for renewer with the help of his company.

To apply for spouse visa you need to get married first.

Yes your previous visa record will be reviewed if you apply again, just be honest and don't withhold such info because they know it already
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 12:32am On Apr 30, 2015
Benuromi:
Please, I need advice here. I am about to apply for spouse visa. Number 1 question, my wife TB results will expire by 22nd July 2015. Is it advisable to still using it to apply first week of May? Second question, I will getting my P60 by May ending, can I use my 12 months payslips to cover that as I don't want the TB TEST too close to expire as I will get my P60 by May ending. I mean can I used 12 months payslips as march payslip have my annual gross, Tax and NI? I will appreciate everyone advice. Thanks to all.

As long as the test hasn't expired you can still use it.

12 months payslip will be good enough...i think they actually ask for 6months...(not sure)
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 12:35am On Apr 30, 2015
TITILOPE86:
thanks so much for your respond, God bless you, is that the message they normally send to everybody or is it different, I got my first mail on Friday, and since then have not heard anything from them, o don't know when to go to ikeja to pick my passport, cod I don't know maybe is with them now,and I don't know how to get my supporting document back,please help me, when do you think I should go and pick my passport and how to get my supporting document back, cos send it from nigeria and they are my original document, please I will be waiting for your response.

Some people have actually gone there without receiving a text or email after waiting for sometimes. You can try paying them a visit to see if your package is there.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 12:36am On Apr 30, 2015
Gisy2007:
Hi house,
thanks for the good job u guys are doing to help some of us.Much appreciated.
I have applied for an EEA family visa on the 13/3/15
went for appointment and biometric prints on the 25/3/15
Did a video interview that same day.
I was called for an interview with an ECO on the 15/4/15
i was told by the ECO that same day after the interview that a decision will be made within the week after my wife who is in the UK have been interviewed which they did minutes after me leaving the interview room.
I have not received any email or message about the application till last Monday when i contacted the visa application tracking service.i got any email that a decision has been made on my application and i should expect call or message from teleperformance service when my passport and documents are ready for collection.
Its a week now still no call nor email .
I want to ask how long must i wait for the call for collection as am getting more stressed with this waiting .
pls need your help.Thanks in advance

justwise:

Some people have actually gone there without receiving a text or email after waiting for sometimes. You can try paying them a visit to see if your package is there.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by GHM4EVA: 10:00pm On Apr 30, 2015
Hello everyone,

So i am sorta new to the forum. During my application period, I just read the different threads to see what the process was like. I have gotten my visa. Just wanted to say thank you to those who ask and those who answer. I didn't need to ever ask anything. So here is my timeline

Submitted my Application @ Abuja Teleperformance: 23rd February 2015

Biometrics & Interview:23rd February 2015

Request for Interview of Sponsor/Spouse: 9th April, 2015

Spousal Interview:16th April, 2015

Mail informing us that they have reached a decision: 21st April, 2015

Teleperformance mail that it was ready for collection/courier: 27th April, 2015

Courier Call to inform me of dispatch: 28th April 2015

Received my passport with spousal visa: 29th April 2015

If any one has any questions, please feel free to ask. I will gladly answer

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by fazo14: 11:53pm On Apr 30, 2015
Good evening all,I have been out of here a little while now but have followed the thread closely, celebrating with every1 who has succeded in getting visa and praying with all expecting the good news, I was waitING and hoping to come back and share my good news,but sadly I do not bring good news yet, I do pray n hope someday soon. I need advice on what next best step to take. I applied for visit visa severally and was refused, in 2013 used an agent ,however I accept responsiblity for it ,a falsified bank statement was used n I got refused on 320 (7a). In 2014 I got married,my spouse who is my sponsor was on point based, tier 1,so after marriage we applied, for dependent visa, got refused and the reason given was that my spouse bank statements are not originals but Internet print out,which wasn't true they were given by the bank,but it was signed, so we appealed the decision. After the appeal in march 2014, I got a call in may to submit my passport which I did,however upon collection,I wasnt issued visa,instead I was given another refusal note stating that I have been refused on 320 (7b). We then appealed this as well. We got 2 court dates for Feb 2015 for the first refusal about bank statement been Internet printout and April 2015 for the refusal on 320 (7b) we received. In Feb my sponsor went for the first court hearing,and the home office lawyer was particular about discussing the 320 (7b)my sponsor explained to the judge that we have 2 court dated and this was meant for the bank statement not been original,that the next hearing will deal with 320 (7b) more so becos we weren't prepared nor has our bundle been sent, so both hearing was adjorned to April 2015, in March 2015,my spouse applied and got Indefinite Leave to Remain. So we went to court in April, and the case was dealt with, the judge asked questions as well as d home office lawyer and he answered them all,The judge asked if it was started in d spouse application that we had initially been refused on 320(7a) he said yes and the judge asked to see the copy of the application which was given to him,from the court we had hoped to get good news about the decision, unfortunately we received the decision and the judge upheld the decision not to grant visa,and he dismissed the case. Now anyone please we need your advice,direction,knowledge what is the next best positive approach to this,because we are so confused right now and very unhappy.Please any1 who can advice, pls pls pls we are waiting,Justwise, girlio, any1 we will deeply me grateful. Thanks alot n God bless the good work going on here.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Benuromi: 8:14am On May 01, 2015
Hi congrt. I am planning to apply for spouse visa by next month. I will like to talk with u. If possible, plz email me ur phone number on goodtobegood2003@yahoo.co.uk and I will call u back plz. Thank u

So i am sorta new to the forum. During my application period, I just read the different threads to see what the process was like. I have gotten my visa. Just wanted to say thank you to those who ask and those who answer. I didn't need to ever ask anything. So here is my timeline

[/quote]
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by GHM4EVA: 8:51am On May 01, 2015
Benuromi:
Hi congrt. I am planning to apply for spouse visa by next month. I will like to talk with u. If possible, plz email me ur phone number on goodtobegood2003@yahoo.co.uk and I will call u back plz. Thank u

Hi Benuromi,

Please feel free to post your questions on the forum and i will answer them to the best of my ability.

Best Regards,

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Benuromi: 9:30am On May 01, 2015
Plz I want to know what they asked you and your partner in Nigeria during the interview. Thanks

Hi Benuromi,

Please feel free to post your questions on the forum and i will answer them to the best of my ability.

Best Regards,

[/quote]
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by GHM4EVA: 10:35am On May 01, 2015
Benuromi:
Plz I want to know what they asked you and your partner in Nigeria during the interview. Thanks

My husband lives in England so the interviews were separate. My interview was on the date of my application. The questions were basic :

What do i do for a living?
What does husband do for a living?
When did we get married?
Do I know his family members?
Where are my family members?

Pretty routine questions.

On his part,

He was asked if he had ever sponsored anyone else.
His immigration history in England.
How we met? When we met?
If we had spent time together after our marriage?
If we had evidence (pictures, etc) of all that? (though they never requested for the evidence actually, they just wanted to know if such existed).
If he thinks he met the financial requirement, how should explain how he arrived at that conclusion.
The rest were pretty basic questions about his work and our lives in general.

As stated in earlier threads, the questions are basic routine questions, if they have trouble understanding stuff, then they directly ask you that.

I hope i have been helpful.
Best of luck

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 11:28am On May 01, 2015
GHM4EVA:
Hello everyone,

Congratulations!
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 11:31am On May 01, 2015
fazo14:
Good evening all,I have been out of here a little while now but have followed the thread closely, celebrating with every1 who has succeded in getting visa and praying with all expecting the good news, I was waitING and hoping to come back and share my good news,but sadly I do not bring good news yet, I do pray n hope someday soon. I need advice on what next best step to take. I applied for visit visa severally and was refused, in 2013 used an agent ,however I accept responsiblity for it ,a falsified bank statement was used n I got refused on 320 (7a). In 2014 I got married,my spouse who is my sponsor was on point based, tier 1,so after marriage we applied, for dependent visa, got refused and the reason given was that my spouse bank statements are not originals but Internet print out,which wasn't true they were given by the bank,but it was signed, so we appealed the decision. After the appeal in march 2014, I got a call in may to submit my passport which I did,however upon collection,I wasnt issued visa,instead I was given another refusal note stating that I have been refused on 320 (7b). We then appealed this as well. We got 2 court dates for Feb 2015 for the first refusal about bank statement been Internet printout and April 2015 for the refusal on 320 (7b) we received. In Feb my sponsor went for the first court hearing,and the home office lawyer was particular about discussing the 320 (7b)my sponsor explained to the judge that we have 2 court dated and this was meant for the bank statement not been original,that the next hearing will deal with 320 (7b) more so becos we weren't prepared nor has our bundle been sent, so both hearing was adjorned to April 2015, in March 2015,my spouse applied and got Indefinite Leave to Remain. So we went to court in April, and the case was dealt with, the judge asked questions as well as d home office lawyer and he answered them all,The judge asked if it was started in d spouse application that we had initially been refused on 320(7a) he said yes and the judge asked to see the copy of the application which was given to him,from the court we had hoped to get good news about the decision, unfortunately we received the decision and the judge upheld the decision not to grant visa,and he dismissed the case. Now anyone please we need your advice,direction,knowledge what is the next best positive approach to this,because we are so confused right now and very unhappy.Please any1 who can advice, pls pls pls we are waiting,Justwise, girlio, any1 we will deeply me grateful. Thanks alot n God bless the good work going on here.

Really sorry to read about this, have you or your sponsor been to court for the two cases now or just one?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by fazo14: 2:11pm On May 01, 2015
Thanks alot@justwise,
Yes we have been to court for the two cases, first was in Feb 2015 and then both adjorned to April 2015, of which we just received the decision of the judge to uphold decision and then judge dismissed the case. Pls what can our next positive step be? Thanks alot
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 3:05pm On May 01, 2015
fazo14:

There is something that need clearing up here...was the bank statement from the UK bank?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by fazo14: 4:05pm On May 01, 2015
Yes it was from UK bank,it wasnt Internet print out,it just wasn't signed, it is original bank statement from the bank in UK. The judge cleared the bank statement as original stating that the ECO ruled wrongly. But the judge upheld the refusal on 320 7a and 7b , and dismissed the case.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Benuromi: 4:11pm On May 01, 2015
Thank u so much. quote author=GHM4EVA post=33305520]

My husband lives in England so the interviews were separate. My interview was on the date of my application. The questions were basic :

What do i do for a living?
What does husband do for a living?
When did we get married?
Do I know his family members?
Where are my family members?

Pretty routine questions.

On his part,

He was asked if he had ever sponsored anyone else.
His immigration history in England.
How we met? When we met?
If we had spent time together after our marriage?
If we had evidence (pictures, etc) of all that? (though they never requested for the evidence actually, they just wanted to know if such existed).
If he thinks he met the financial requirement, how should explain how he arrived at that conclusion.
The rest were pretty basic questions about his work and our lives in general.

As stated in earlier threads, the questions are basic routine questions, if they have trouble understanding stuff, then they directly ask you that.

I hope i have been helpful.
Best of luck
[/quote]
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Benuromi: 4:16pm On May 01, 2015
GHM4EVA@ thank u so much.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 9:31pm On May 01, 2015
fazo14:
Yes it was from UK bank,it wasnt Internet print out,it just wasn't signed, it is original bank statement from the bank in UK. The judge cleared the bank statement as original stating that the ECO ruled wrongly. But the judge upheld the refusal on 320 7a and 7b , and dismissed the case.

So basically since your sponsor got ILR no application has been made? The first application was on Tie 1 visa?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by girlfio: 3:39pm On May 02, 2015
fazo14:

It sounds like you are still under a 10 year ban from the initial application. I believe it's only a spouse visa that can release you from any ban. Any other visa application will be rejected whilst u r still within the 10 years. Instead of applying as a dependant, can you make an application for a spouse visa?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by fazo14: 5:46pm On May 02, 2015
@Justwise
No we have not done any application since he got his ILR, yes it is the first application we did and he was on Tier 1. What can we do? Thanks alot
@girlio
From the judge rule,I thought same that I am still under the ban. Is it possible that a spouse visa can release me from the ban? I can make application for a spouse visa,but need to know how to go about it and all it entails. What are my chances under a spouse visa? Is there hope for me? Thanks alot

(1) (2) (3) ... (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) ... (511) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.