Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,474 members, 7,808,720 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:58 PM

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 - Travel (119) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 (1034453 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 11:27am On Jun 06, 2015
Portsmouth86:

Nope not at all, luckily I drive so don't take too long to get home, I will do all that it takes to get my hubby here, Only then I can relax, I have always worked some strange hours though, worked nights for about 9 years now kinda used to it.

I have to prepare to hand over now, so have a blessed day, and good on you for being such a lifeline for all on this forum, amazing things you do.

Stay blessed smiley

No worries.

Have a great day.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Bisiniji: 10:37am On Jun 08, 2015
Gudmorning everyone,how do I pay for d health surcharge,and how much is it for spouse visa,I thought it was 400pounds but I saw 936dollar about 600 pounds.is there anyone that paid recently ?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Iko5000: 12:04pm On Jun 08, 2015
I don't know if this helps but there is a link to calclulate the charge

https://www.immigration-health-surcharge.service.gov.uk/checker/type

Bisiniji:
Gudmorning everyone,how do I pay for d health surcharge,and how much is it for spouse visa,I thought it was 400pounds but I saw 936dollar about 600 pounds.is there anyone that paid recently ?

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by nma01: 7:04pm On Jun 09, 2015
@phaara @ Lexusgs430 @justwise, just got my renewal visa, thanks for all your advises. This will help while we await the other documents to get d spousal one.

3 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 9:31pm On Jun 09, 2015
nma01:
@phaara @ Lexusgs430 @justwise, just got my renewal visa, thanks for all your advises. This will help while we await the other documents to get d spousal one.

Congratulations.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by ingred: 11:12pm On Jun 10, 2015
willwin2:
no my dear. ave u? let me knw plz.

I haven't, ones I do I will let you know.

hello dear, eny good news yet?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by phardey: 3:38pm On Jun 11, 2015
Incredible...
I got my Spouse Visa.. 1, i made an error on my application with my application, I filled a wrong passport number.

No record cannot be cleared, I was illegal for 6 years, attended university without university and used NHS (normal GP Services)

Time lines
17th april: submitted application @ tls + biometrics done
29th april : my spouse sent supporting evidence to to sheffield
18th may : called for interview, my spouse was @ work and he could pick the call. They left a voicemail that they will call back in the next 48 hrs
19 may: he got another for interview on the 26th
26th may: spouse attended the interview
4th june: decision made email
10th june: my spouse recieved my supporting documents back
10th june:decision made mail + email from TLS to come and pick my up
11th june: picked up my passport with my VISA in it.... visa dated 26th May

Im so ecsatic...

My hubby is over the moon...

Thanks Everyone.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by fholaberry: 4:52pm On Jun 11, 2015
I'm new here. Please I need your advice. During my application to my college I was placed on a condition to give them a bank statement before I can get an unconditional offer. I sent them my uncles bank statement and also a reference letter. Now I have my CAS and paid full tuition. But I'm being told the British Embassy would reject the application if I use my uncles bank statement. Now I'm going to transfer the money into my account but my CAS letter already has his name on it. Can I still go ahead and use my statement backing it up with a letter?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 7:22pm On Jun 11, 2015
phardey:
Incredible...
I got my Spouse Visa.. 1, i made an error on my application with my application, I filled a wrong passport number.

No record cannot be cleared, I was illegal for 6 years, attended university without university and used NHS (normal GP Services)

Time lines
18th may : called for interview, my spouse was @ work and he could pick the call. They left a voicemail that they will call back in the next 48 hrs

Im so ecsatic...

Thanks Everyone.

Congratulations!!
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 7:23pm On Jun 11, 2015
nma01:

True that.

Congratulations!
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by nma01: 8:41pm On Jun 11, 2015
phardey:
Incredible...

Time lines

Im so ecsatic...

Thanks Everyone.

Congratulations

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by willwin2: 9:01pm On Jun 11, 2015
No o, you?

hello dear, eny good news yet?
[/quote]
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Portsmouth86(f): 2:12am On Jun 12, 2015
Bisiniji:

Hi

I thought the visa is now £956, check here
https://www.gov.uk/join-family-in-uk

and thank you for mentioning this healthcare surcharge, as I have never heard of it before I read it on here, invaluable info

Kind regards

Karen
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by ingred: 11:51pm On Jun 12, 2015
willwin2:
No o, you?

hello dear, eny good news yet? So after chasting these people, when i was bck home in feb, of this year, even take a copy of the letter the tribunal send to my huddy in march, to the embassy, the people there told me they cannt do enything, till they recive there letter fr the home office. and bear in mind i whent there after the 27 of march, nw after nt hearin enything fr them, i told mu hubby to email the embassy in my country, he send it tuesday, got a reply fr them the following day, saying that they ave been trying to gt in contact wth me fr feb the 24, mmmm. And i was there in march, i when there two times... enyway thank god its done nw my son passport is in nw. just waiting to pick up . i pray for u that the same GOD that done for me and my son will do it for u and others here, just trust him, he NEVER NEVER FAIL. WHAT HE AVE STARTED HE WILL FINISH IT. My son own was done on paper, didnt go to the judge.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by willwin2: 7:30am On Jun 13, 2015
[quote author=ingred post=34715028]

[ Hello, pls are you suggesting I should not wait for the letter, I should just go to tbe embassy in Nigeria? Ikeja or VI?.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by willwin2: 10:26am On Jun 13, 2015
Hello please can anyone tell me email address for birtish embassy in Nigeria

[quote author=ingred post=34715028][/quote]
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by worry357: 10:50am On Jun 13, 2015
willwin2:

You could have found this with one click on Google search!
https://www.gov.uk/government/world/organisations/british-high-commission-abuja/office/british-high-commission-abuja

You should help yourself a bit more or you will be wontwin!

2 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by mimichy(f): 11:10am On Jun 13, 2015
Good morning house,

Please does anyone in the house have any information about the new IELTS Life Skills english exam needed for spouse visa application. my sister is confused about which to take whether Life skills A or Life skills B and what does the exam entail. Thanks as i await your response.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by africanchild1(f): 11:12am On Jun 13, 2015

Hello everyone. I am so glad to tell you that having gone through the thread thoroughly, I got my settlement visa granted yesterday. 
Here is my time line below
April 25: Applied online
April 30: Submitted passport and Appendix 2 form with TB certificate, biometrics done and had a 4mins Skyoe interview @ VAC Ikeja
May 7: Spouse sent supporting documents to Sheffield
May 8: documents received at Sheffield 
May 19: Received mail from Sheffield that my Application has been received
May 19: received mail from Sheffield that a pre-paid envelope was not included for documents to be returned  
May 23: spouse received call to come for interview on the 30th
May 24: another envelope was sent
May 30: spouse went for skype interview
June 6: got a mail that decision has been made and to expect passport in 3-5days 
June 7: got another mail that we don't have prepaid envelope 
June 8: supporting documents returned to spouse with the extra prepaid envelope! 
June 10: sent a mail to Teleperformance that my records need to be updated as Sheffield claimed decision has been made 
June 11: got a mail from Teleperformance that my passport was on the way
June 11: got a mail from Teleperformance that passport is ready for collection 
June 12: passport returned, VISA GRANTED date June 4

Thanks to all who shared their experience. You made life easy for most of us. God bless you all. 

NOTE: hubby was nervous that he forgot the name of the church we got married and took him a while to remember my age.
While filling the form, I wrote a wrong name for my mum (as against what I have on my bc) and my husband's job was contract, I filled permanent. My the end of this month, his contract ends but despite all these, visa was still granted!

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by ingred: 12:26pm On Jun 13, 2015
willwin2:

no i am nt saying that, i am saying u can give them a call, to see what's going on. when i phone the tribunal, and listen to the options, there's one that deal wth if u ave won the appeal, that one said if u avent herd wthin 12weeks, there'sa website they give u,
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Blessed2015: 1:25pm On Jun 13, 2015
Good afternoon all,

Thank you all for the support.

Just a quick question please ?

I am joining my fiancé in the next two weeks. What kind of things do we need to prepare for instance to get a letter with my name on his address. Process of registering with GP. Bank or mobile contract. We are getting married in October and need to renew our visa by end of October what documents do we need to provide or to gather.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Bisiniji: 5:22pm On Jun 13, 2015
Hello everyone,pls do I submit d Tb certificate with my passport at teleperformance office or sent to Sheffield,cos I already gave my spouse to submit with other document.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by willwin2: 7:41pm On Jun 13, 2015
worry357:

You could have found this with one click on Google search!
https://www.gov.uk/government/world/organisations/british-high-commission-abuja/office/british-high-commission-abuja

You should help yourself a bit more or you will be wontwin!

Lol, na you know, I realised after I posted the message.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by worry357: 8:05pm On Jun 13, 2015
grin
willwin2:

Lol, na you know, I realised after I posted the message.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 9:56am On Jun 14, 2015
Bisiniji:
Hello everyone,pls do I submit d Tb certificate with my passport at teleperformance office or sent to Sheffield,cos I already gave my spouse to submit with other document.

Your passport goes to Sheffield while TB certificate is submitted at visa center, if this has changed they will tell you anyway when you get there
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by midmenconsult: 4:50pm On Jun 16, 2015
Bisiniji:

I don't know if the process has changed but I submitted in December and all documents (apart from my passport and application forms) were sent to Sheffield, unless it has changed. Call them up to enquire.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by sunnymimo(m): 10:09am On Jun 19, 2015
Cc justwise
I came to UK with tier 2 visa minister of religion and met my partner in UK (UK citizen) we have being living together for 1yrs plus. We got married April this year. I want to change my status to spouse visa.
Issues
1. My main employer which is the church did pay me but I had other jobs.
2. Her salary is not upto financial requirement. How can we build it.

Document done
1. Changed her passport name to my surname.

2. Tenancy agreement is in both names.

3. We have joint mortgage account in both names

4. Marriage certificate in UK

5. She is pregnant.
NB
my visa will expire next year. Therefore I want to apply this year.
kindly advice me on what to do.
Thanks
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 10:18am On Jun 19, 2015
sunnymimo:
Cc justwise
I came to UK with tier 2 visa minister of religion and met my partner in UK (UK citizen) we have being living together for 1yrs plus. We got married April this year. I want to change my status to spouse visa.
Issues
1. My main employer which is the church did pay me but I had other jobs.
2. Her salary is not upto financial requirement. How can we build it.

Document done
1. Changed her passport name to my surname.

2. Tenancy agreement is in both names.

3. We have joint mortgage account in both names

4. Marriage certificate in UK

5. She is pregnant.
NB
my visa will expire next year. Therefore I want to apply this year.
kindly advice me on what to do.
Thanks

Financial requirement are for those bringing their spouse to the UK, so you are good to go.

If i read anything different i will post it here and you can also do your research.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by sunnymimo(m): 7:45pm On Jun 19, 2015
Thanks Justwise and HFK
Technically my sponsor license has been revoked and the home office has sent me a letter to change my sponsor or change my visa type. Hence the reason I need to change my status quick. Can you please advice me on how you did your application?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by sunnymimo(m): 9:06pm On Jun 19, 2015
I am going to see a solicitor next week in Luton. Appointment booked.Thank you

(1) (2) (3) ... (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) ... (511) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.