Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,430 members, 7,808,537 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:11 PM

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 - Travel (120) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 (1034411 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 9:31pm On Jun 19, 2015
HFK:
Hello, i was in your shoes some few months ago, but thank God he made a way. i will strongly advice you not to apply now on still your visa expires, if not your application be refused. you stand a good chance under the Article 8 of HR LTR partner route.

Please can you explain that?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 9:33pm On Jun 19, 2015
sunnymimo:
Thanks Justwise and HFK
Technically my sponsor license has been revoked and the home office has sent me a letter to change my sponsor or change my visa type. Hence the reason I need to change my status quick. Can you please advice me on how you did your application?

Yes that happens a lot, what stage of your studies are you? Last semester?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by sunnymimo(m): 10:22pm On Jun 19, 2015
Cc Justwise
I am not on student visa but on Tier 2 minister of religion visa. My visa officially should expire next year but my employer sponsorship license has been revoked 2 months ago. I hope you understand now
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 10:27pm On Jun 19, 2015
sunnymimo:
Cc Justwise
I am not on student visa but on Tier 2 minister of religion visa. My visa officially should expire next year but my employer sponsorship license has been revoked 2 months ago. I hope you understand now

Oh ok! Get that now, you can still get married though nothing wrong with that as your visa is still valid and you have a genuine relationship.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by sunnymimo(m): 11:23pm On Jun 19, 2015
Yes we got married 2 months ago in UK. My major problem is the financial requirement of £18,600.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 11:27pm On Jun 19, 2015
sunnymimo:
Yes we got married 2 months ago in UK. My major problem is the financial requirement of £18,600.

Like I sad before the £18600 financial requirement is for those bringing their spouses into the UK, it's not for those here already with right to get married here and established present. You can also confirm from the solicitor you contacted already.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by HFK: 12:32am On Jun 20, 2015
justwise:

Like I sad before the £18600 financial requirement is for those bringing their spouses into the UK, it's not for those here already with right to get married here and established present. You can also confirm from the solicitor you contacted already.
If the info you gave are correct :

Changed her passport name to my surname= change of name on her British passport.
Tenancy agreement is in both names= both of you are living together as husband and wife in the same address.
We have joint mortgage account in both names= both of you has a joint financial responsibility.
Marriage certificate in UK= your marriage is legit
She is pregnant= both of you are expecting a child or more.
Then this info will help you
Leave to remain requirements The requirements to be met by an applicant for leave to remain as a partner of a British Citizen; a person present and settled in the UK; or a person in the UK with refugee leave or humanitarian protection on the 5-year route under paragraph R-LTRP.1.1. of Appendix FM are that: (a) the applicant and their partner must be in the UK; (b) the applicant must have made a valid application for limited or indefinite leave to remain as a partner; and (c)(i) the applicant must not fall for refusal under Section S-LTR: Suitability leave to remain; and (ii) the applicant meets all of the requirements of Section E-LTRP: Eligibility for leave to remain as a partner. These are: • E-LTRP.1.2. – E-LTRP.1.12.: Relationship requirements; • E-LTRP.2.1. – E-LTRP.2.2.: Immigration status requirements; • E-LTRP.3.1. – E-LTRP.3.4.: Financial requirements; and • E-LTRP.4.1. – E-LTRP.4.2.: English language requirement.
EX: Exceptions to certain eligibility requirements for leave to remain as a partner or parent EX.1. This paragraph applies if (a) (i) the applicant has a genuine and subsisting parental relationship with a child who- (aa) is under the age of 18 years, or was under the age of 18 years when the applicant was first granted leave on the basis that this paragraph applied; (bb) is in the UK; (cc) is a British Citizen or has lived in the UK continuously for at least the 7 years immediately preceding the date of application ;and (ii) it would not be reasonable to expect the child to leave the UK; or (b) the applicant has a genuine and subsisting relationship with a partner who is in the UK and is a British Citizen, settled in the UK or in the UK with refugee leave or humanitarian protection, and there are insurmountable obstacles to family life with that partner continuing outside the UK. EX.2. For the purposes of paragraph EX.1.(b) “insurmountable obstacles” means the very significant difficulties which would be faced by the applicant or their partner in continuing their family life together outside the UK and which could not be overcome or would entail very serious hardship for the applicant or their partner.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by HFK: 12:37am On Jun 20, 2015
HFK:
If the info you gave are correct :
Changed her passport name to my surname= change of name on her British passport.
Tenancy agreement is in both names= both of you are living together as husband and wife in the same address.
We have joint mortgage account in both names= both of you has a joint financial responsibility.
Marriage certificate in UK= your marriage is legit
She is pregnant= both of you are expecting a child or more.
Then this info will help you
Leave to remain requirements The requirements to be met by an applicant for leave to remain as a partner of a British Citizen; a person present and settled in the UK; or a person in the UK with refugee leave or humanitarian protection on the 5-year route under paragraph R-LTRP.1.1. of Appendix FM are that: (a) the applicant and their partner must be in the UK; (b) the applicant must have made a valid application for limited or indefinite leave to remain as a partner; and (c)(i) the applicant must not fall for refusal under Section S-LTR: Suitability leave to remain; and (ii) the applicant meets all of the requirements of Section E-LTRP: Eligibility for leave to remain as a partner. These are: • E-LTRP.1.2. – E-LTRP.1.12.: Relationship requirements; • E-LTRP.2.1. – E-LTRP.2.2.: Immigration status requirements; • E-LTRP.3.1. – E-LTRP.3.4.: Financial requirements; and • E-LTRP.4.1. – E-LTRP.4.2.: English language requirement.
EX: Exceptions to certain eligibility requirements for leave to remain as a partner or parent EX.1. This paragraph applies if (a) (i) the applicant has a genuine and subsisting parental relationship with a child who- (aa) is under the age of 18 years, or was under the age of 18 years when the applicant was first granted leave on the basis that this paragraph applied; (bb) is in the UK; (cc) is a British Citizen or has lived in the UK continuously for at least the 7 years immediately preceding the date of application ;and (ii) it would not be reasonable to expect the child to leave the UK; or (b) the applicant has a genuine and subsisting relationship with a partner who is in the UK and is a British Citizen, settled in the UK or in the UK with refugee leave or humanitarian protection, and there are insurmountable obstacles to family life with that partner continuing outside the UK. EX.2. For the purposes of paragraph EX.1.(b) “insurmountable obstacles” means the very significant difficulties which would be faced by the applicant or their partner in continuing their family life together outside the UK and which could not be overcome or would entail very serious hardship for the applicant or their partner.
sorry for some errors,i fell asleep at some point.Hope the info helps, all d best.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by sunnymimo(m): 9:06am On Jun 20, 2015
God bless you guys CC justwise and HFK. Your information helped. I will update you after seeing the solicitor.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by phoenix28: 2:04pm On Jun 20, 2015
Hello house, I am making enquiries on behalf of a family friend, he applied for dependant spouse visa Tier1 in January but was given appeal, he appealed and wife sent all documents in preparation for an appearance at the appeal because she is based in the UK. The husband was invited to Abuja last April to collect all supporting documents on the appeal but no information was given on the appeal status. Recently the wife was informed that an Appeal date will be fixed by 3rd July 2015 through her MP. My enquiries are how soon the appeal might be held and how long it takes to give a visa after an appeal is won. The wife intends to be in Nigeria for work related activity from July to September.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by phardey: 4:09pm On Jun 24, 2015
Ok.

So, I've been searching for affordable tickets to London but all of airlines seems to expensive. Royal Air Maroc cuaght my eye as its just around N70,000 for One way for I and baby to London.

Please Has Anyone Traveled From Lagos to London on Royal Air Maroc?
Whats the service like?
Does the plane have in flight entertainment?
Hows the food?
Is like the plane Aero Contractors use for Lagos to Abj flights?

Your response is much appreciated.
Thanks
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by newbie715: 8:39pm On Jun 24, 2015
phardey:
Ok.
So, I've been searching for affordable tickets to London but all of airlines seems to expensive. Royal Air Maroc cuaght my eye as its just around N70,000 for One way for I and baby to London.
Please Has Anyone Traveled From Lagos to London on Royal Air Maroc?
Whats the service like?
Does the plane have in flight entertainment?
Hows the food?
Is like the plane Aero Contractors use for Lagos to Abj flights?
Your response is much appreciated.
Thanks

Yes I have travelled with Royal Air Maroc, it does a stop over in Casablanca before heading to Heathrow. A travel agency suggested them for me but I doubt if I'd fly them again. There is no in flight entertainment, well, except a screen that you how far you are from your destination. The food is not bad, the plane is slightly bigger than the Arik air plane but it's single aisle. In the end, it gets you to your destination and since it's a one way, you can try them, just make arrangement for your own entertainment. Cheers.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by newbie715: 7:48am On Jun 26, 2015
kassan:

International Operations and Visas
Home Office, UK Border Agency
P.O. Box 3468, Sheffield
S3 8WA
United Kingdom

Please can someone confirm that this is the right address to send supporting documents, my spouse sent our supporting documents on Tuesday and we have not received any email that they have received them.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by newbie715: 6:27am On Jun 29, 2015
Good Morning Everyone, please does anyone have any response to the enquiry above. Your response will be appreciated. Thanks.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 9:38am On Jun 29, 2015
newbie715:

Please can someone confirm that this is the right address to send supporting documents, my spouse sent our supporting documents on Tuesday and we have not received any email that they have received them.

Yes it's.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by newbie715: 4:56pm On Jun 29, 2015
justwise:

Yes it's.

Thank you very much justwise, having confirmed it is correct, I will patiently wait. Thanks again
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by willwin2: 6:16pm On Jul 01, 2015
Hi everyone, please I need your advice, I won my appeal, and got decision from the judge on 16 of April, I have not heard anything from the embassy, the situation is driving nuts, pls someone advice me what to do. 2 weeks ago I sent an email to the enquiry line, I was told they will escalate it, nothing have been said 2 weeks now.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 4:27am On Jul 02, 2015
willwin2:
Hi everyone, please I need your advice, I won my appeal, and got decision from the judge on 16 of April, I have not heard anything from the embassy, the situation is driving nuts, pls someone advice me what to do. 2 weeks ago I sent an email to the enquiry line, I was told they will escalate it, nothing have been said 2 weeks now.

You already won your appeal, be patient!!!

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by girlfio: 9:56am On Jul 02, 2015
willwin2:

That's just ridiculous. Unfortunately they are notoriously slow to respond after a successful court appeal. The best advice I could give would be for your uk sponsor to now start calling them every other day for an update (Leicester tribunal office). They should also be sending emails to Sheffield seeking an update on the escalation of your visa award, making sure to include all appropriate ref numbers and past correspondence.

If you don't keep on at them then they will continue to take their time.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by willwin2: 10:31am On Jul 02, 2015
Thanks I will call them today, fingers crossed hope it works, three months is enough time for them to respond.
girlfio:

That's just ridiculous. Unfortunately they are notoriously slow to respond after a successful court appeal. The best advice I could give would be for your uk sponsor to now start calling them every other day for an update (Leicester tribunal office). They should also be sending emails to Sheffield seeking an update on the escalation of your visa award, making sure to include all appropriate ref numbers and past correspondence.

If you don't keep on at them then they will continue to take their time.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by iley: 5:12pm On Jul 02, 2015
hello house, Justwise, girlfio and everybody there. I need a guide. my younger sister got her indefinite leave to remain in uk about two years ago, now she wants to apply for her red passport, what are the steps and the documents required. please guide me. thank you for your anticipated response.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 6:29pm On Jul 02, 2015
iley:
hello house, Justwise, girlfio and everybody there. I need a guide. my younger sister got her indefinite leave to remain in uk about two years ago, now she wants to apply for her red passport, what are the steps and the documents required. please guide me. thank you for your anticipated response.

This website explained everything you need section by section https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/430732/AN_Guide_May_2015.pdf
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 1:01am On Jul 03, 2015
iley:

Most importantly, slightly over £1000 also for the privilege!!!!
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by phaara: 2:09am On Jul 04, 2015
hello house
how many weeks visa taking now adays if documents subnitted to shieffeld
reply willbe appreciate
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Portsmouth86(f): 4:07am On Jul 04, 2015
hi @Justwise, and Co

Please could you let me know what the up to date checklist is for the UK spouse visa application, I have pretty much got all my paperwork sorted, just to add last few before submission.

I also filled out the SU07/12 Sponsorship Undertaking form, as I had read in another forum that a husband was declined because he failed to supply it.

found it on this forum:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/immigration-for-family-members/sponsorship-undertaking-form-su07-12-t178721.html

thank you in advance, I hope you are enjoying the glorious sun here in England
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Portsmouth86(f): 4:09am On Jul 04, 2015
phaara:
hello house

how many weeks a visa taking now adays if documents submitted to Sheffield

reply will be appreciated

I think I read it that it can take anything up to 12 weeks? I am sure Justwise and HFK will confirm wink
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 8:24am On Jul 04, 2015
Portsmouth86:

I think I read it that it can take anything up to 12 weeks? I am sure Justwise and HFK will confirm wink

That is true, average of 3 months, can be quicker sometimes

phaara:
hello house

how many weeks visa taking now adays if documents subnitted to shieffeld

reply willbe appreciate

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 8:29am On Jul 04, 2015
Portsmouth86:
hi @Justwise, and Co

Please could you let me know what the up to date checklist is for the UK spouse visa application, I have pretty much got all my paperwork sorted, just to add last few before submission.

I also filled out the SU07/12 Sponsorship Undertaking form, as I had read in another forum that a husband was declined because he failed to supply it.

found it on this forum:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/immigration-for-family-members/sponsorship-undertaking-form-su07-12-t178721.html

thank you in advance, I hope you are enjoying the glorious sun here in England

Please can you list those documents you have already? Let's see if anything is missing

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Portsmouth86(f): 2:10am On Jul 05, 2015
justwise:

Please can you list those documents you have already? Let's see if anything is missing

Hi Justwise, here is my list so far, all filed in date order wink

Financial:
Bank statements (will be 12 months) which cross reference my payslips
Payslips (12 months)
P60's for 2014 & 2015
Letter from Employer- Employer giving this to me closer to application date
Contract of employment, and letter that increased my salary in May 2015

Accommodation:
Tenancy agreement
Letter from landlady- will get this closer to application submission

Council tax statement (inc 25% discount i currently receive)
Electricity bill
water bills x2
TV license
BT telephone bill

Evidence of my Status:
Certified copy of my UK birth certificate
Certified copy of my UK passport

Relationship
Virgin Atlantic Frequent flyer statement shows my flights from London to Lagos (2 x returns Oct 2014 & March 2015)
marriage certificate
Rebtel telephone records which are itemised (from 10th July 2014 to present) (this is the only way we really communicate as I call him everyday without fail for 1 hour and use whatsapp as an IM service.
Photos, many including our wedding and time together and with family.

This is it at the moment, from me anyway as his spouse, My husband will need to supply more I believe, could you please advise, when I need to send docs to Sheffield would my husband also need to submit photos too with his application? I have our marriage certificate here in the UK with me since i needed it to update my name on my particulars.

Can photos be printed onto paper, as I am reluctant to send these as they are precious to have lost embarassed

My husband is planning to apply end of October, so I will be adding to the above docs.

Sorry for the length, and thank you in advance

Kind Regards

Karen
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Portsmouth86(f): 2:20am On Jul 05, 2015
newbie715:

did you send it by guaranteed next day, if so you should be able to track it online to see if it got there.

Kind regards
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 8:42am On Jul 05, 2015
Portsmouth86:

Financial:
Payslips (12 months)
P60's for 2014 & 2015

Accommodation:
Tenancy agreement

Electricity bill
water bills x2
TV license
BT telephone bill

Evidence of my Status:

Relationship
Virgin Atlantic Frequent flyer statement shows my flights from London to Lagos (2 x returns Oct 2014 & March 2015)
marriage certificate
Rebtel telephone records which are itemised (from 10th July 2014 to present) (this is the only way we really communicate as I call him everyday without fail for 1 hour and use whatsapp as an IM service.

This is it at the moment, from me anyway as his spouse, My husband will need to supply more I believe, could you please advise, when I need to send docs to Sheffield would my husband also need to submit photos too with his application? I have our marriage certificate here in the UK with me since i needed it to update my name on my particulars.

Can photos be printed onto paper, as I am reluctant to send these as they are precious to have lost embarassed

My husband is planning to apply end of October, so I will be adding to the above docs.

Kind Regards

Karen

Your list is good.
1.Are you going to printout the whatsapp call log?

2. Do you send money or gift to him from time to time?

Regarding the picture question...submitting picture printed into a paper is not a good idea because dated picture in its original state is preferred.

You will send the documents to Sheffield after your husband's application.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by HFK: 9:58pm On Jul 05, 2015
Portsmouth86:

Financial:
Payslips (12 months)
P60's for 2014 & 2015

Accommodation:
Tenancy agreement

Electricity bill
water bills x2
TV license
BT telephone bill

Evidence of my Status:

Relationship
marriage certificate

Kind Regards

Karen

The above list are okay, but if i may ask WHY? Certified copy of your UK birth certificate and UK passport. Please submit your original British passport and your UK original BC, as this will go a long way with your application. Also, add most recent pictures you took with your spouse, apart from the ones he will submit together with his own application. Pictures should be printed out. Best wishes Karen.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) ... (511) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.