Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,939 members, 7,806,716 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:41 PM

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 - Travel (134) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 (1034029 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 12:01am On Nov 13, 2015
Davdar:
Hello Justwise

I have lodge the spouse refusal appeal for my husband here in the UK and the tribunal have taken the fee of £140 last two weeks. Please how long does it take to hear back from them if the ECO will overturn the decision or it will go to court.

Thank You

Anyone been through appeal process can help

There is no time scale but it will be before the hearing date.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 12:04am On Nov 13, 2015
Portsmouth86:

im sure appeals can take 6-9 months ( i had to appeal my ex husbands in November 2008 went to the tribunal in Twickenham after marrying in dec 2007) so was another year before he was granted the visa, im not sure if its the same process but i am aware it takes bwtween the time frame i stated.

i hope this helps, and keep fighting you will get there and the wait will be worth it in the end smiley

Nothing much have changed

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 12:09am On Nov 13, 2015
Rury29:
Hi guys!

I have a question and I hope that someone can help me.

As far as you know, how strict UK Home Office is when someone stays in the UK longer than declared in the Visa Application Form?
Basically, my wife is going to apply for a Tier 2 Dependant Visa, but on the last Visa she had (Standard Visitor) she declared she would have stayed for 5 days, but instead she stayed in the UK for a month.
Do you think UK Home Office could make any problems beacuse of this?

Thanks a lot!

Yes it will if spotted and it will cast doubt on her next application, nothing wrong in staying extra 2-3 days but 3wks more will call for questioning.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 12:12am On Nov 13, 2015
Oreskid:
@ Rury29, nope, since she didn't stay more than six months

Not really, you are still expected to stick to your stated number of days in declared in your application form. 6 months visa does not mean you should stay 6 months in one visit
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Portsmouth86(f): 3:54am On Nov 13, 2015
Hi All
I thought I would give my list of evidence I am about to post onto Sheffield, for my husband’s Spouse visa.

• Front cover sheet with my husbands full name and GWF number

• Brief letter about the file and sections.

Section 1: Application documents- (NOTE HUBBY IS SENDING HIS ORIGINALS FROM VI)
Table of contents
• Introduction letter combined both Hubby and I
• Copy of Husbands passport data page
• Copy of my Husband’s visa application printed from Visa4UK site.
• Copy of a Filled out form of Appendix 2 (VAF 4A)
• Copy of all emails sent to my husband’s email address 6 in total confirming application/payment/NHS HIS payments and all confirmations.
• Online transaction confirming both payments $1501 for the visa fee and $942 for IMM health Surcharge paid by my Very credit MasterCard.
• Copy of TB certificate
• Copy of IELTS
Section 2: Maintenance (Financial):
table of contents page
• Employment letter, confirming gross salary, shift allowance, permanent, length of service and job title. Dated 26th October
• Job offer and contract of employment
• Letter confirming increase in availability
• Payslips 6 months
• P60s 2014 & 2015
• Bank statements for NatWest Platinum Current account-6 months
• Bank statements for NatWest Select Current account- 6 months
Section 3: Accommodation:
Table of contents
• Letter from landlady- confirming hubby can reside at the apartment which she owns, and stated the rent will remain the same.
• Tenancy agreement
• Council tax bills
• Electricity bills 3 months
• BT bills 6 months
• TV licence up to date licence printout from online
• Water bills x2 (fresh & waste)
• Photos and birds eye view floor planner
Section 4: Relationship Evidence:
Table of contents
• Marriage certificate (original and copy)
• Divorce Decree of Absolute.
• Original copy of my own birth certificate( could not find my one from birth so obtained an official copy from Portsmouth registry office)
• SU07/12 Sponsorship undertaking form (was unsure if to fill this out )
• 3x Flight confirmations, e tickets, boarding passes
• Azimo receipts of money sent only small like (£25 here or there)
• 3x scanned Nigeria visa pages of my passport, and my data pages.
• Hotel confirmation and receipts for shoprite, pharmacy and cinema.
• Mobile phone top ups sent to hubbys mobile since June 2014, once a month.
• Rebtel Call logs from 10th July 2014-12th November 2015
• WhatsApp chat history from July 2015- Nov 2015 ( new phone in July so backed up by Facebook chats)
• Facebook inbox messages from June 2014-August 2015
• photos form each time I have traveled to Nigeria (3 times) including some wedding photos

I hope this is everything now smiley Hubby has his biometrics at 11am Naija time, this morning, then I am posting my file tomorrow next day guaranteed by 2pm.

Thank you

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by babyisUS: 7:17am On Nov 13, 2015
Portsmouth86:
Hi All
I thought I would give my list of evidence I am about to post onto Sheffield, for my husband’s Spouse visa.

Table of contents
• Copy of all emails sent to my husband’s email address 6 in total confirming application/payment/NHS HIS payments and all confirmations.
• Online transaction confirming both payments $1501 for the visa fee and $942 for IMM health Surcharge paid by my Very credit MasterCard.
• Copy of TB certificate
• Copy of IELTS
table of contents page
• Employment letter, confirming gross salary, shift allowance, permanent, length of service and job title. Dated 26th October
• Payslips 6 months
• P60s 2014 & 2015
Table of contents
• Letter from landlady- confirming hubby can reside at the apartment which she owns, and stated the rent will remain the same.
• Tenancy agreement
• Council tax bills
• BT bills 6 months
Table of contents
• Original copy of my own birth certificate( could not find my one from birth so obtained an official copy from Portsmouth registry office)
• 3x Flight confirmations.
• Hotel confirmation and receipts.
• Mobile phone top ups,
• WhatsApp chat history from July 2015- Nov 2015
• photos form each time I have travelled to Nigeria (3 times) including some wedding photos

I hope this is everything now smiley Hubby has his biometrics at 11am Naija time, this morning, then I am posting my file tomorrow next day guaranteed by 2pm.

Thank you

Wow! You are well loaded... I pray they don't think twice in granting your hubby visa because I believe you have more than enough documents to prove you are in a genuine relationship. I wish you the very best.

Am yet to get a mail from TLS ON whether a decision has been made... am having sleepless nights... its just 11 days now since I submitted... hoping for the best.
Cheers!

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by jangolo: 9:21am On Nov 13, 2015
Oreskid:
@ jangolo, congratulations on ur wedding, but will say no priority service for spouse visa, it's non refundable fees so don't pay for it, just make it go thru the normal process period, on the interview question. Have u travel to the UK before if yes no interview but no u will be interviewed basic things about ur relationship with ur sponsor.
Hope it all help

Hi Oreskid, Thank you very much! I saw on the TLScontact website that they have priority visa

"Priority Visa – Settlement Service £ 360

Eligible customers applying to settle permanently in the UK can opt to purchase this added value service to have their application fast tracked. UK Visas & Immigration's published service target for standard settlement applications is 60 working days. Use of this Priority Visa service guarantees that your application will be placed at the front of the queue for processing ahead of others. The Priority Visa service (settlement) costs £360 in addition to the visa fee. If you meet the criteria set out below and wish to purchase this Priority Visa service you should log into your personal account on the TLScontact website and select and pay the fee on the Added Value Services page."

Source: https://uk.tlscontact.com/ng/LGV/page.php?pid=added_value_services
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Oreskid: 9:30am On Nov 13, 2015
Ok @ Jangolo, i know but it's not guarantee.
If you have paid for Priority Service, your application will
be placed in front of the queue and assessed ahead of other
non-priority visa applications.  As indicated in the
terms of service, the amount paid for the priority service,
as well as the visa fees, is not refundable if the visa
application is refused or if the decision is delayed.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 9:32am On Nov 13, 2015
U
Portsmouth86:
Hi All

Table of contents
• Copy of TB certificate
• Copy of IELTS
table of contents page
• Payslips 6 months
• P60s 2014 & 2015
Table of contents
• Tenancy agreement
• Council tax bills
• BT bills 6 months
Table of contents
• 3x Flight confirmations.
• Hotel confirmation and receipts.
• Mobile phone top ups,
• WhatsApp chat history from July 2015- Nov 2015
• photos form each time I have travelled to Nigeria (3 times) including some wedding photos

Thank you

Well arranged. Add all your flight ticket to Nigeria and evidence of money or gift sent to your hubby.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by jangolo: 9:42am On Nov 13, 2015
Oreskid:

It is just crazy how much they charge for this process. The NHS charge has now risen to £600! How did your application go?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Oreskid: 9:55am On Nov 13, 2015
@ Jangolo, yes, that's wat i paid for NHS too and applications fee too is £956, NHS £600. Still waiting but applied in Sept 15 if u wanna pay for Priority Service it's £360.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by carphy: 4:51pm On Nov 13, 2015
After waiting for 12 weeks, I got refused. So sad! I guess it's not my time yet. Can someone kindly guide me on appeal process.am thinking of reapplying and appealing at the same time. And if I will be using original document for the appeal.
Thanks
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by girlfio: 7:14pm On Nov 13, 2015
carphy:
After waiting for 12 weeks, I got refused. So sad! I guess it's not my time yet. Can someone kindly guide me on appeal process.am thinking of reapplying and appealing at the same time. And if I will be using original document for the appeal.
Thanks

Sorry to hear that, it's not the end though. What we're the reasons for your refusal?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by babyisUS: 8:48pm On Nov 13, 2015
carphy:
Thanks

So sorry about the refusal.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Portsmouth86(f): 10:43pm On Nov 13, 2015
justwise:
U

Well arranged. Add all your flight ticket to Nigeria and evidence of money or gift sent to your hubby.

thats all in there too smiley amended the list lol
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Oreskid: 10:48pm On Nov 13, 2015
@ Carphy,sorry about the refusal, just plan better and more and stay focus, then appeal it and clear the reason u re refuse, u can't reapply while u re appealing, u have to go with one, best of luck
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Portsmouth86(f): 10:49pm On Nov 13, 2015
babyisUS:

Wow! You are well loaded... I pray they don't think twice in granting your hubby visa because I believe you have more than enough documents to prove you are in a genuine relationship. I wish you the very best.

Am yet to get a mail from TLS ON whether a decision has been made... am having sleepless nights... its just 11 days now since I submitted... hoping for the best.
Cheers!

thank you smiley

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Portsmouth86(f): 10:58pm On Nov 13, 2015
Oreskid:

This may be of interest, one of the ladies on the FB forum ' I love my foreign Spouse: defend the rights of cross-border couples' done a priority service and still waited 4 weeks and got a decision after that of a woman who done normal service the same time, their Husbands were both from Turkey.

I wouldn't waste the extra money, to me thats my husbands flight money smiley
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Oreskid: 11:05pm On Nov 13, 2015
@Portsmouth86, yes u re right, it's varies from each other, someone on this thread too, got a decision less than four weeks and I submit before her but still waiting and didn't pay for Priority Service

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Portsmouth86(f): 11:05pm On Nov 13, 2015
Oreskid:
@ Jangolo, yes, that's wat i paid for NHS too and applications fee too is £956, NHS £600. Still waiting but applied in Sept 15 if u wanna pay for Priority Service it's £360.

Thats not the actual fees because you have to take into account its in US Dollars so exchange rates then non stirling transaction fees, If you paid in Naira I am sure all banks charge for non home currency fees.

my charges are:

Visa application in £987.89 plus non sterling fee of £27.17 making it a total of £1015.06

the IHS NHS fee: £619.98 plus non sterling fee of £17.05 making it a total of £637.03

The immigration should really make this clear when noting fees, it was just as well my credit card had such a high limit to process both tongue

so both of these I paid £1652.09

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Portsmouth86(f): 11:08pm On Nov 13, 2015
carphy:
Thanks

what where their reasons for refusal, I have seen many couples supplying everything and yet still get refused, I would appeal as i couldn't afford the fees to reapply unless i decided to relocate to Ireland but that's really something I dont want to do as I look after my elderly and disabled father here in the UK

Dont give up, fight, it will be a long wait but in the end worth it smiley hugs xx
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Oreskid: 11:08pm On Nov 13, 2015
Yes, u re right, there are some hiding charges but on the home office page u see it in pounds but when u re about paying u see it dollar
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Portsmouth86(f): 11:16pm On Nov 13, 2015
Oreskid:
Yes, u re right, there are some hiding charges but on the home office page u see it in pounds but when u re about paying u see it dollar

i did manage to locate on the UK site it was $1501 so I knew to expect higher fees but definitely needs to be stated--- misrepresentation i say

but now i looks its $1520 so confusing lol

https://visa-fees.homeoffice.gov.uk/y/nigeria/usd/settlement/family-of-settled-people-settlement/spouse-or-civil-partner-of-a-settled-person
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by carphy: 7:36am On Nov 14, 2015
please I will like to know if I can reapply and appeal at the same time. I was denied uk spousal visa. And what are my chances. I was denied based on 2 points only 1. We didn't put my sponsor a letter of employment stating his salary etc even though we got a letter stating he is employed with them 2.and we only submitted 2 months payslip of his second job. they said we met all other requirements. Just those two evidence was d reason we were denied. Justwise and other gurus, pls advice and appealing and reapplying at d same time.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Portsmouth86(f): 9:16am On Nov 14, 2015
carphy:
please I will like to know if I can reapply and appeal at the same time. I was denied uk spousal visa. And what are my chances. I was denied based on 2 points only 1. We didn't put my sponsor a letter of employment stating his salary etc even though we got a letter stating he is employed with them 2.and we only submitted 2 months payslip of his second job. they said we met all other requirements. Just those two evidence was d reason we were denied. Justwise and other gurus, pls advice and appealing and reapplying at d same time.

I'm surprised they didn't just ask you to send the additional information

Think it depends on you and your partner, an appeal can take anything from 6-9 months if you can afford to then you have the choice to do either.

Sorry for you sad
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 9:47am On Nov 14, 2015
carphy:

If you have letter of employment from his second job and 6 months payslips then reapply rather than appeal because appeal takes ages.

You have a very good chance of winning the appeal though or getting it over turned if you appealed with those documents they mentioned.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by carphy: 1:40pm On Nov 14, 2015
[quote author=justwise post=40005597]

Thanks a lot guys. Actually we will appeal it next week and since we aren't using original documents we plan to reapply also. That's why I want to know if it's possible we apeal and reapply at the same time. I want to know if there won't be issues if the home office finds out we are doing both at d same time since it's not listed on their website. We plan to apeal it next week and reapply in 2 weeks. Kindly share if these possible.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by girlfio: 7:31pm On Nov 14, 2015
[quote author=carphy post=40012258][/quote]

Yes you can submit an appeal and a new application at the same time. It's worth baring in mind though that if you submit a new application they are likely to scrutinise your visa request due to the refusal and so it could end up taking longer. You may find therefore that a new application takes roughly the same time as it takes for them to overturn the refusal.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by yjb85: 4:07pm On Nov 15, 2015
@Justwise, @Porthsmouth86, @girlfio

Please i need clarification in the Appendix 2 form question 2.8 where it says DO YOU INTEND TO WORK IN THE UK?

Please what do i tick (YES OR NO)

Please if YES what should i write and if NO what should I write

I dont have a job yet and there is no way i will not work when i get there i cant be a liability.

PLEASE HELP O.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by girlfio: 10:33pm On Nov 15, 2015
yjb85:
@Justwise, @Porthsmouth86, @girlfio

Please i need clarification in the Appendix 2 form question 2.8 where it says DO YOU INTEND TO WORK IN THE UK?

Please what do i tick (YES OR NO)

Please if YES what should i write and if NO what should I write

I dont have a job yet and there is no way i will not work when i get there i cant be a liability.

PLEASE HELP O.

Put Yes. The spouse visa allows you to work with no restrictions. If there is a space to make a comment, just write "I plan to make job applications on arrival to the Uk"
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by babyisUS: 12:11pm On Nov 16, 2015
Please @Justwise and other gurus... what does it mean when you get a mail saying Unfortunately, the processing of your application has been non-straightforward and we have been unable to resolve your application within these customer service targets.
Does this mean the visa will be refused at the long run? Please anyone ever gotten this and still granted visa? I need any glimmer of hope now am so worried getting this email.... I applied for EEA family permit visa
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by newbie715: 7:19pm On Nov 16, 2015
babyisUS:
Please @Justwise and other gurus... what does it mean when you get a mail saying Unfortunately, the processing of your application has been non-straightforward and we have been unable to resolve your application within these customer service targets.
Does this mean the visa will be refused at the long run? Please anyone ever gotten this and still granted visa? I need any glimmer of hope now am so worried getting this email.... I applied for EEA family permit visa

@babyisUS,
I did not get any email like that and I do not know anyone who has but if you are looking for a glimmer of hope, here is one: they do not have enough reasons to turn down your visa and EEA family permit is not supposed to take more that is it 2 or 3 weeks, I can't remember, hence their apology for taking more than the normal time.
I remember telling you it won't take too long, for whatever reason, yours is taking time but I will advice you stay positive. I am staying positive for you.
Cheers

(1) (2) (3) ... (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) ... (511) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.